New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

An NPC brings the drink shortly.

"You might wanna try your planeshift again before you blow your chance to get back, buddy. You're in the Nexus, gutter of the multiverse.
    And it's pretty hard to leave once you're here."
    Sam cautions of the demon-fellow.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "It's not my favorite form of exercise, but people are still a little skittish around me, so I make do." Ilpholin slides into the seat beside Adir with a small smile. "And yeah, I'll get you home safe if you want. No problem." The nymph suspects he doesn't get many nights off with that plethora of spawn back home, but doesn't ask either. Then again, he's had time to clean up so who knows?

Ilpholin orders herself a glass of red wine before continuing. "Have you asked the staff? They should have a registry of who's staying upstairs. Unless she's using an alias." Ilpholin wouldn't imagine Harnetta to be the type, but then there was a lot she realizes she didn't know about the dragonoid.

"People are skittish around you?"
    Adir looks at her over his flagon, disbelieving. He nods appreciation at her acquiescence, especially since he hadn't been entirely serious. Maybe he is now. "And I haven't asked, no. You think? I wondered about that, but I couldn't believe they would just tell me if I asked after someone staying here."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    An NPC brings the drink shortly.

"You might wanna try your planeshift again before you blow your chance to get back, buddy. You're in the Nexus, gutter of the multiverse.
    And it's pretty hard to leave once you're here."
    Sam cautions of the demon-fellow.
    Know anyone with a plane shift scroll just lying about? Oh boy, I think I'm here to stay. sighs Xavouir
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Know anyone with a plane shift scroll just lying about? Oh boy, I think I'm here to stay. sighs Xavouir
    A humanoid creature approach. He has gray skin, yellow eyes, black hairs and a pair of large, orange horns. He wears simple clothes, with a green symbol depicting a stilized chalice on the t-shirt

"hum, hi. e-excuse me, do you came here casting a spell? heh, i just arrived here too. it seems like taverns are a focal point for hijacked inter-world travels"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

But why? Why do the immortal and apparently immoral forces of the universe decide to plop you inside a alcohol infused location when your just trying to reclaim your house keys from a party that took place in the area signifying death? Boy, let me tell you those Psychopomps can party like there's no tomorrow. laughs Xavouir
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Hidrus nods whit a serious expression

"i don't know nothing about alcohols or psychopomps, but i'm here because destiny willed so. maybe it's the same for you. or maybe not. who know. mmmh."

He seems at short of arguments to look wise.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick hastily says, 'I need to pop to the tailor's first. You carry on without me, and I'll meet you at the cottage.'

Trog's >> Outside

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, as long as I'm here I might as well pick up some death points. Anyone know of / is a great evil that needs to be extinguished? I've faced many a foe, including but not limited to The Great Old Ones, Liches, Dark Demigods, Werewolves, and Aliens. Like I said I've been to Numeria, and that place is full of the stupid gray buggers. proclaims Xavouir.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Well, as long as I'm here I might as well pick up some death points. Anyone know of / is a great evil that needs to be extinguished? I've faced many a foe, including but not limited to The Great Old Ones, Liches, Dark Demigods, Werewolves, and Aliens. Like I said I've been to Numeria, and that place is full of the stupid gray buggers. proclaims Xavouir.
    "i get like half of those tings, but it seems like in this place there are lots of strange people, so probably you will find someone to beat without problems. and you all are pretty alien to me, but maybe you were meaning something else"

says Hidrus, with a content look

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

No no no, I'm collecting death points! My holy mission to the Lady of Graves, Pharasma, is to seek out, and destroy all forms of evil. If I do I get to keep Kitty as a personal bodyguard, and get a sweet afterlife when I die. In order to do that though, I need a stable amount of death points. What do you mean it's for the good of the people? Nobody asked you Kitty, and for me it's an assured good afterlife instead of the one my demonic heritage would have given me. So I restate my question! I can do power-hungry overlords too if there are any of those. says Xavouir.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

"well, i think there are those 'AMEN' guys that might be evil. like, an evil organization or something. but other than that i don't have anything else to say, because i basically landed here 20 minutes ago"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"People are skittish around you?"
    Adir looks at her over his flagon, disbelieving. He nods appreciation at her acquiescence, especially since he hadn't been entirely serious. Maybe he is now. "And I haven't asked, no. You think? I wondered about that, but I couldn't believe they would just tell me if I asked after someone staying here."
    Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Adir's disbelief. She knew she wasn't the easiest woman to get along with, even if she may have been the easiest one to get in bed with. And that was before the stigma that came with playing double agent. "Little bit."

"Well you won't know until you ask," Ilpholin points out, moving on and taking a sip of her wine. "Just do it with confidence and flattery. Turn up that fey charm of yours and flex your muscles a few times for Paige and I'm sure she'll just melt right into your request." She smirks at Adir, as if she was daring him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

The ex-Jackdaw seems lonely with its conversation partner talking to the mage, so Sam trundles over to say hello.
    "Looks like your buddy is busy awhile." he observes.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like what? Oh that. So, know any good places other than this one where I can get a drink? Maybe some evil to vanquish? A dark artifact to destroy? A tyrant to depose?
    Ah who am I kidding. From the looks of it everyone here's a saint, or the partial equivalent of.
    says Xavouir

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I better get going. It's been fun, and the Wizard Blizzard tasty, but I need to find a way back to Golarian. Who knows, maybe I'll find another crummy scroll and pop back here some other time. says Xavouir as he makes his way out the door.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-04-19 at 01:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

"Not such a buddy; I've only just met him. I'm Jack, pleased to meet you." The androgynous shapeshifter (currently looking like a human in steel toe capped boots, jeans and a red chequered shirt, with short black hair in a masculine cut and grey eyes) smiles at the newcomer, who is a very unusual individual from the description over the page.

"Want a drink? I'm not having alcohol; got plenty of lemonade, though." Alcohol causes a few problems to somebody who plans on changing size and then flying to somewhere to sleep tonight. There is, indeed, quite a bit of lemonade; at some point, she's ordered a jug and several glasses.

I looked up 'spigre', and got no coherent responses. It means something tool-related in a Germanic language I didn't recognise, judging by the Google Image results. And Jack's still a jackdaw; even though she looks human now. Just like she's still human when she looks like a jackdaw.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Spigre is just a portmanteau of spider-pig-ogre, the three things roughly mixed into Sam's genetic code. Though truth be told he could probably pass as a very mutated Seeq.
    "Sam, I'd love some." he says cheerily, taking one of the glasses in his thick fingers.
    "you always drink so much?" he asks.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

"Not quite so much, no. But Hidrus was having some, too. He likes it; I don't think they have carbonated drinks where he comes from. They don't have them where I'm from, either. I love the fizziness." She grins at the Spigre, which could be an Ogipider. So whilst she couldn't have drunk the whole jug, she could easily have polished off two or three glasses on her own.

Oh, and she doesn't look like she's over twenty, either. Or if she is, it's not by much, and she's got a slender build. On the table next to her is a large satchel made of brown leather, with a stylised crow branded into the leather of the opening flap.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

"Funny how things work. I've known about it for ages, but I only have been able to actually drink it recently." says the spigre who might actually be younger than the jackdaw if that's the case, though from his girth and his deep voice it might be hard to tell.
    Sam takes a sip of the drink. He has to drink very slowly, as one must do when using a normal human glass when you've got a nose that takes up most of your face and tusks sticking out of your mouth.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

"My people are still in the stone age, or would be if we didn't trade with humans. We do get fizzy drinks, but not often. And they're expensive luxuries for the chief, warlock, and other leaders. The rest of us made do with home brewed wine, water and occasionally juice. If no one decided to ferment it. Lemonade's a very good reason to have left home, that and new horizons. How about you, anyone else like you out there?" If Sam didn't catch her conversation with Hidrus earlier, the first sentence may throw him, slightly; Jack is identical to a human, besides an extra shapeshifting ability. And that's pretty common magic... Though the way Jack does it, isn't quite magic. It's supernatural, but more super-natural than unnatural.

((It's late here, so I'm going to bed now. I might not be able to post tomorrow, either. (Though, the 'tomorrow' I refer to is now 'later today', but it's still over twelve hours away so it counts.) Goodnight, LDK.))

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, depends on what you mean by 'like' me. If you mean fat idiots who enjoy cooking, there's probably tons. If you mean blue pig-ogres, then no, that's just me. Long story." Sam says simply, not a hint of bitterness in his self-deprecation.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

Hidrus walk back from his short conversation

"well, wizards are pretty busy people, aren't they? oh, another resident. or maybe, the only resident, since everyone else seem to be just arrived. i'm hidrus"
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-04-20 at 02:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

"I did kind of mean blue pig-ogres, yes. Though, I didn't think ogres were fat. They're large, yes, but due to heavy bones and thick muscle, with maybe some padding on top." But Jack hasn't actually met or seen any ogres, as for some reason they aren't as common as trolls as a PC race.

"But at least there's people out there with whom you share an interest, even if you're the only one of you. Hi, Hidrus. We've been drinking your lemonade. Hope you don't mind" Jack waves at the reappearing troll.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam grins at the girl, putting hands on his belly and shaking it just a little for effect. "I don't know about ogres but I certainly am. I can also lift a grown horse but that doesn't make my butt any smaller." he jokes with a laugh. He snorts again, and again looks embarrassed.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

"well, its basically your lemoniide, even though you gave it to me, so you can give it to anybody you want."

Hidrus take another glass and empties it quikly.

"i really like it! we have carbonate drinks too, but they are basically water with lots of sugar. it seems like another upside of the imminent destruction of my race"

He nods, with a cheerful face
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-04-20 at 01:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Jack smiles at Sam's deprecating humour, and says "Lifting a horse is pretty impressive. How many arms does it take?" If less than four, could he lift two at the same time?

When Hidrus remarks upon his species' near-extinction, she looks a little horrified, and turns to him, smile forgotten. "That's terrible. What's happening?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've never done the real thing but I've lifted five hundred kilos before. I didn't try it with only half my arms..." Sam works out occasionally when he feels bad about himself or when he remembers that he needs to use his muscles if he wants to keep them.
    "You seem...happy about that. They bastards or something?" he asks the troll.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

"oh, humm, i don't know if we are particularly bastards. because, well, i've never encountered a member of another race. i learned many sweeps ago about the destiny of my kind, piecing together clues and resolving riddles discovered in ancient tombs, and its like an old tale to me, even if it isn't appened yet. it's a convulted and mosly obscure story, but essentially, it's like this: on the home planet of my race live a beign with enormous psychic abilities. after the asteroid shower from which i fled, something will make her angry, and she will psychically exterminate every troll in the universe, whit few exceptions. so, end of the empire."

Hidrus seems serious now, but not sad.

"in truth, it's a shame that my race has to die. but it's inevitable. it's the destiny."
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-04-21 at 01:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

"If I found out my village and all my kind were due to be wiped out by some massive psychic monster, I'd try my hardest to stop them. Or at least, warn people about it, to try and see if we could stop it together. Even the ones I don't like, even if it is 'destiny'. Because if that's what 'destiny' says, screw destiny sideways, backways and upside down." Jack doesn't like everyone in her home village, but she'd save them from death if she could. They're her people, and it's her home, even if she hates them/it. And she's quite vehement with her words, too.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Adir's disbelief. She knew she wasn't the easiest woman to get along with, even if she may have been the easiest one to get in bed with. And that was before the stigma that came with playing double agent. "Little bit."

"Well you won't know until you ask," Ilpholin points out, moving on and taking a sip of her wine. "Just do it with confidence and flattery. Turn up that fey charm of yours and flex your muscles a few times for Paige and I'm sure she'll just melt right into your request." She smirks at Adir, as if she was daring him.
    Adir, at least, doesn't seem to have felt that way about her. Or he's remembering her better than she was. A possibility. He matches her eyebrow with a witless stare and a little shrug.

"Oh, gods,"
    Adir pushes the heel of his hand into his cheek and turns his face away. "Don't put me up to that. I'm not even sure I remember how to charm a woman. I'm not sure I ever knew at all."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "If I found out my village and all my kind were due to be wiped out by some massive psychic monster, I'd try my hardest to stop them. Or at least, warn people about it, to try and see if we could stop it together. Even the ones I don't like, even if it is 'destiny'. Because if that's what 'destiny' says, screw destiny sideways, backways and upside down."
    "ha! like i haven't tried. but, the thrut is, all those events are completely unstoppable. and i'm only an oliveblood. and i'm still young. there is nothing i personally can do, and no one give a **** about what i say. but those are all things of the past. i have accepted my destiny, and that of my race. they probably don't deserve it. but it's the only outcome possible. and i have left all this things behind, and see this situation with complete scientific detachment"

He looks offended, and slightly sad. After the monologue, he stare at the surface of the table for some seconds, with a strange expression