New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Echoes of the Past IC

Azur runs next to the others towards the bay, glad that his talk seemed to function. That or the explosions and falling debree.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Take 10 on a perception check when reaching the bay
    I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    "Any chatter about other pick ups or survivors? I wouldn't know where to start for sending out distress calls in space."
    "Survive first. Come on!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

You reach the docking bay, and you manage to get through the door just in time to see the last of the Imperial shuttles clearing the mag field.

Looking around, you see a couple of other ships. One of which, a shining, chromium hulled skiff, has its ramp down. The body of a well dressed Bothan woman lies on the ramp. Her body is still smoking from the impact of several blaster bolts.

Another to the other side of the bay is a very different ship. This one is old and battered, and looks to be a relic from a long past age of starship construction. Its wings are folded up above its squat squarish body, and it looks like its seen its share of laser blasts over the years.

Both ships look to be large enough to carry all of you, but which one will it be?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #64

SamuraiGuy

Dave's choice is made simply on the fact that one ship has an open ramp, and the starliner is about to explode. He beelines for the sleek space sloop. The decision is ultimately Kira's, though. "Kira, can you fly this? Do you want the other one?"

Dave waits at the bottom of the ramp as they assemble, checking off the little xeno, the big guy, the four armed lady, and the pink girl. He says "Someone start plotting a jump! We may need to get out of this system if they target us!"
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-03 at 06:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit perked up and said from the group of survivors "I could plot a jump in a minute if there's data. Shouldn't be that hard, especially with a nav computer to aid us." The jawa took another look at the ships and gave a shrug at the choices presented since neither would matter at the current moment with all of the explosions.

Spoiler: Just to get it out of the way
    Show
    Use Computer, without any additional modifiers: (1d20+9)[23]

DC 10 if there's recent data, +5 for a nav computer, and all that other fun junk on page 237.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira also prefers the sleek skiff. If its got engines, I can fly it. The ramp and the corpse mean maybe someone else is already on board.

Kira unshoulders her carbine and readies it. She takes a deep breath to steady herself, looks around at the motley crew who've gathered.

Boarding party, now! Dave, you're on the right. Arms, left. Muscles, right down the middle. I'm rear right, Pink rear left. Akkit, get behind me and slice the first computer you see. You're on dirty tricks duty. We talk our way on board if we can, but this is a show of strength either way. If things go to hell, Dave directs the fight. Take his orders or find another way out of here.

I'm flying. Pink, you're a pilot? Nav. Dave and Muscles, you're on turrets, guns, catapults, or throwing wrenches out the back, whatever you can find. Arms, comm. I'll give you my Imperial access; you talk us through if possible. Akkit, you're in the engine room.

First target is the bridge. I fly, Pink covers my back, everyone else clears the rest of the ship.

Kira meets Dave's eyes with a significant look. Legally, she's in charge because she outranks him, but he's got more experience with this. If he suggests anything at all, she'll back him.

Kira looks around. If her party fires on Imperials, that's it, she's cashiered at best and facing a firing squad at worst. But the Service hasn't done right by her, either.

Maybe this is what treason feels like. Feels better than death, that's for sure. She brings her carbine to her shoulder and steps forward, praying that the others follow.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-04-02 at 12:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara raises her bound hands slightly to make sure that Kira sees them. "Sure thing, but I'm not going to be able to do any of that unless you cut these damn binds off first!"

"The desire to dream is primordial."
    Player Registry

8. - Top - End - #68

SamuraiGuy

Dave shrugs, pops a climbing claw, and chops off pink girl's binds.

Dave nods at end of Kira's speech, rather pointedly shows everyone that he's switching his rifle to stun, and then checks to see if the civilians fall into line.
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-02 at 07:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple clicks and Akkit is armed with its own weapon, set to stun. A few beeps and J2-3Z3 steps in line a half dozen steps behind with an eye on the party's wellbeing. Finally the jawa prepared itself a half dozen steps behind the rest of the group.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Thank you, baby.~" Alara says as Dave cuts off her binds and then pulls out her heavy blaster from underneath her tiny vest.
    Upon noticing that the other party members are setting their weapons to stun, she rolls her eyes and reluctantly does the same.

The Twi'lek takes her position on the rear left, as requested, and says "Alright then, shall we proceed?"
    She follows as everyone boards the ship, keeping her eyes open for anyone or anything that might be within.
    Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    (1d20+6)[9]

Player Registry

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The inside of the skiff is just as luxuriously decorated as the outside. The main room that you enter into is a very posh sitting area, with dark blues and greens dominating the color scheme. The side rooms are sleeping quarters, just enough space for four to be only just comfortable, with one larger chamber that appears to be two of the smaller ones without a dividing wall to create a larger bedroom with a higher quality furnishing.

The cockpit is already powered up, and the ship is ready to depart. Your sweep of the ship revealed no one on board, and as more of the docking bay collapses under laser blasts, you decide that it is time to get the feel off this dying ship.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #72

Azur relaxes , as good as he cans, that is not a lot as no one is inside the skif.

He immediately seeks the gunners place (near the cannon or upfront usually, depending on vessels).
    Spoiler: choice
    Show

If he finds it he seats and straps himself.

If he doesn't he seats and straps in some common area if there is one, or passengers room, or cockpit. But he straps himself. This is going to be a bumpy ride.

13. - Top - End - #73

SamuraiGuy

They file rapidly into the ship, and clear it. The pilots take their stations, and Dave reminds the little xeno to keep working the jump calculation.

Then he moves back to the ramp, quickly inspects the remote and the body, and then kicks the poor woman's body off the ramp. Then he closes the ramp and shouts "We're good to go!"

Spoiler: Quick inspections
    Show
    Eyeball the remote to make sure that it's a remote, not a detonator. Mechanics at +9 = (1d20+9)[11]
    Search the body to make sure that she's dead, they didn't put a grenade under her, and see if she's carrying anything useful (especially registration papers or a wallet or something). Perception at +10, take 10 on the reroll: (1d20+10)[29]

Note that he's moving as quickly as possible on these, not trying to delay the flight.

As they lift off, Dave keeps moving, rummaging around for a flight suit or a vacuum survival suit or something.
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-02 at 03:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by robnar View Post
    They file rapidly into the ship, and clear it. The pilots take their stations, and Dave reminds the little xeno to keep working the jump calculation.

Then he moves back to the ramp, quickly inspects the remote and the body, and then kicks the poor woman's body off the ramp. Then he closes the ramp and shouts "We're good to go!"

Spoiler: Quick inspections
    Show
    Eyeball the remote to make sure that it's a remote, not a detonator. Mechanics at +9 = [roll0]
    Search the body to make sure they didn't put a grenade under her, and see if she's carrying anything useful (especially registration papers or a wallet or something). Perception at +10, take 10 on the reroll: [roll1]

Note that he's moving as quickly as possible on these, not trying to delay the flight.

As they lift off, Dave keeps moving, rummaging around for a flight suit or a vacuum survival suit or something.
    Hold up-- is she actually dead? Please check first.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Once they reach the cockpit, Alara holsters her weapon, sits down in the copilot seat, and access navigational data.

She turns to Kira. "Shall we do this?"
    Spoiler: Copiloting Check
    Show
    Pilot check to Aid Kira's Pilot check: (1d20+8)[24]

Player Registry

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

As soon as Dave has either rescued the Bothan or dumped the body, Kira raises the ramp and requests Akkit to open the bay doors. She'll come out shields up, guns ready but not firing unless fired upon or unless she sees the right target.

Spoiler
    Show

Piloting roll: (1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-04-02 at 04:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit makes itself comfortable in the engine room as best as it can, once it's done with setting the jump up. When the call for bay doors comes the jawa attempts to send the command so that they can get going as soon as possible. Otherwise it's getting used to what this ship could do while absentmindedly planning on improvements already.

Spoiler: Computer Check?
    Show
    Here's that: (1d20+9)[25]

Alternatively Mechanics if it could apply (I don't think it does): (1d20+9)[28] and reroll: (1d20+9)[26] taking the better of the two.
    New job, who dis?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

With only two chairs, and not much room for other crew, the group of people in the cockpit uncomfortably move about until everyone is seated. Powering the engines up, they hum to life and the ship slips gracefully into the black of space. And immediately comes under fire from several groups of TIE fighters that closed in to destroy the fleeing craft.

On the console before her, Alara sees that a hyperspace route has already been calculated. It reads as "Leg Three," but the coordinates do not seem to correspond to a system she knows.

There is no dedicated gunner console, which seems to leave everyone else without anything to do. There is, however a weapons section listed in Kira's controls.

Alara, meanwhile, finds that a screen in front of her is cheerfully informing her that a hyperspace route has already been charted. The jump coordinates are listed and display on the sensors as on the other side of the Starliner, pointed towards Galactic Core.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #79

"Turn the Damned shields on before we are destroyed." says Azur. Them he realizes that maybe the ship doesn't have one... Sithspit

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit gave a shrug to the already present hyperspace route and said "I doubt the owner was going to some place dangerous. We can try some other place once we get out of here." The jawa got comfortable in it's spot as it prepared to get the heck out of here. With impact came the quick tapping of screens and flipping of switches to do...something.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Swift Action of the shields are, indeed, down still. Three swift to restore 5 points if they're down. Three swift to move the ship up a step up the condition track if necessary.

Mechanics for the last two possibilities: higher of (1d20+9)[16] and (1d20+9)[12]

Edit: Failed either way.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2017-04-03 at 11:09 AM.
    New job, who dis?

21. - Top - End - #81

Asuna thanked the maker that the questioning from the troopers didn't leave her with any bruises. She was also glad that they hadn't found her blaster. She knew that the license she had said it was legal, but the Imps wouldn't see it that way. She had been corralled into a room with all the other non-humans. It seemed that some of the others fared far worse than she had. There were some in cuffs, some not moving at all.

She had no idea how long she had been there when the ship started rocking. She was becoming scared. Someone approached, Asuna thought that it might be an Imperial officer, then began talking to a Jawa. She had a few dealing with Jawa's herself, but none that actually spoke basic. She watched them leave and decided to follow them, keeping a safe distance. It wasn't long until all hell was breaking loose and Asuna found herself on the floor. If it wasn't for the bulkhead closing, she was sure that she would of ended up dead.

The small group had grown on the journey to the nearest landing bay. One of the newcomers, an Imperial trooper, started barking out orders. Like the others, Asuna got out her blaster and took up the position the trooper had given her. They approached a ship with its ramp already down and a dead Bothan lying on it. She tried to not look at the body as she passed. Once they were on board the ship the female Imperial started giving out more orders, she even had the gall to call her arms. "I have a name you know." She said a little louder than she had intended.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"It seems the previous owner already planned a route!" Alara informs everyone. "I don't recognize the system, but it's better than staying here! Besides the ship's ready to jump into hyperspace, we just need to get to the other side of the starliner and point the ship towards the galactic core!"

Player Registry

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira doesn't replot the jump; there's no time, and there is probably better than here.

Strap in! We're busting out of here.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theskorpionking View Post
    Asuna thanked the maker that the questioning from the troopers didn't leave her with any bruises. She was also glad that they hadn't found her blaster. She knew that the license she had said it was legal, but the Imps wouldn't see it that way. She had been corralled into a room with all the other non-humans. It seemed that some of the others fared far worse than she had. There were some in cuffs, some not moving at all.

She had no idea how long she had been there when the ship started rocking. She was becoming scared. Someone approached, Asuna thought that it might be an Imperial officer, then began talking to a Jawa. She had a few dealing with Jawa's herself, but none that actually spoke basic. She watched them leave and decided to follow them, keeping a safe distance. It wasn't long until all hell was breaking loose and Asuna found herself on the floor. If it wasn't for the bulkhead closing, she was sure that she would of ended up dead.

The small group had grown on the journey to the nearest landing bay. One of the newcomers, an Imperial trooper, started barking out orders. Like the others, Asuna got out her blaster and took up the position the trooper had given her. They approached a ship with its ramp already down and a dead Bothan lying on it. She tried to not look at the body as she passed. Once they were on board the ship the female Imperial started giving out more orders, she even had the gall to call her arms. "I have a name you know." She said a little louder than she had intended.
    Great, I'll learn it later.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Kira's hands dance along the controls, and she finds the skiff quite maneuverable. With a flip and a twist, she pilots the ship along and over the hull of the starliner as it begins to break apart. As you approach the coordinates for the jump, you see the Star Destroyers in the distance continuing their duel.

Then, there is a massive explosion from one of the Destroyers. Massive flames gout from multiple breaches in the hull. The destroyer begins to list. The second destroyer continues to pour fire into the hull of the first ship, and soon after, there is a blinding flash of white light, and when it clears, you see the first destroyer's hull break apart. Another series of secondary explosions are the last things you see as your skiff makes the jump to lightspeed.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #86

SamuraiGuy

Even as the ship takes off and starts maneuvering, Dave doesn't. He slings his rifle over the front - still ready, but he can keep moving; and he scours the ship for basic necessities. He radiates tension. As Kira slides hard into evasive maneuvers Dave takes a slide or two, bounces off a few doorways, but keeps on.

First order of business, vacuum gear. There's gotta be a stash somewhere. Second, find out where they're going. Can't do that. Shout to the little xeno - "Can you figure out where we're headed?" Third, inventory water supplies. Fourth, food. Probably not gonna take more than a week; no need to worry about s**tter capacity. Fifth, figure out if any of these civilians are gonna try to kill him. Wait, maybe that's third.

Either way, he moves.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Searching the ship, looking for all the stuff above, and/or concealed compartments or supply lockers. Perception 1d20+10, take 10 on reroll = (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-03 at 06:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit didn't want to leave until the jawa was certain the ship was in a decent shape. Once satisfied it would finally leave to whatever served as a meeting room with J2-3Z3 and say "I knew I should've just stayed on Tatooine. Since we're a bunch of survivors we should probably introduce ourselves? My name is Akkit of the B'Omar Flats." The jawa tapped inside it's robes, causing a slight metallic tap with each touch, before it continued with it's explanation. "There's a reason I have that dull tone and speak basic. It's not a big concern, though."

Spoiler: Mechanic Checks if needed
    Show
    Either (1d20+9)[22] or (1d20+9)[10]

Also a Galactic Lore if I notice the sector: (1d20+9)[20]
    New job, who dis?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

As soon as the stars blur into the hyperspace jump, Kira pulls the sweaty hair out of her face, breathes deeply, and sags into the chair.

Twitchy little ship. Responsive, I like it.

I'm Pilot Officer Kira Kelbier, off the Korut's Vengeance. Maybe formerly, depending on how that battle turned out. I know Akkit going way back, from the home settlement, and Dave there has been stationed on Korut's for almost as long as I have. Who are the rest of you?
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-04-04 at 03:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Dice Rolls
    Show

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) check for information about the empty portion of space we're jumping to:
    (1d20+8)[12]
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore) check for New Alderaan to see what I know about that system:
    (1d20+8)[11]
    Assist Other (Mechanics) check to assist Akkit in a full inventory and systems check of the ship:
    (1d20+8)[27]

Could I also get a response to the rolls in the OOC thread about whether Kira could tell if the Star Destroyer that was being destroyed as they jumped out was the Korut's Vengeance or not? Total with modifiers is 14.

30. - Top - End - #90

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    ...and Dave there has been stationed on Korut's for almost as long as I have. Who are the rest of you?
    Dave waves to all when he hears his name, then keeps fussing.

Once he's done his inspections, he pops his helmet off and hooks it to his belt, and sits down near the entrance to one of the bedrooms. Everyone else sees a gaunt man who looks older than he is, with bright green eyes and a 24-hour growth of ginger beard stubble. He looks like a cornered cat, still but coiled and nervous.

"Hi. I'm DV-2R7. I like 'Dave' more, though. I'm a scout. Hi Kira. Umm... ma'am. Hi Akkit."

Dave doesn't know what else to talk about, so he just stares off, fidgeting with his fingers. He misses his tree. A few minutes later, he awkwardly and abruptly says "there's some lockboxes. We should open them but I don't have a kit. We've got lots of food and stuff, so that's fine. If we decompress those field generators there will help."

A few minutes later he abruptly says "I don't know why they started shooting at us."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Akkit's the only one of our many mechanics with a security kit, so Gunhaven, up to you how to do it - but you can take 20. Dave will aid another, both on Kira & Akkit's ship search ((1d20+9)[27]) and any attempt to pick the locks. ((1d20+9)[22])
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-04 at 10:56 PM.