New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Blood God Disciple Rage Power Question

Unlike most classes that give a lot more information when they gain the use of another classes class feature, this one has none. This says just choose one that works while you are under the rage effect, it does not say choose one that you qualify for, or that your Summoner level counts as your barbarian level or anything. I am curious if there was any clarification on this anywhere first off, and if not, most of all, I am curious if my Blood God Disciple's level would count as Barbarian level for choosing rage powers. If it does not, the list is really...really....really limited for a level 10 feature :/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Blood God Disciple Rage Power Question

Not sure about any errata, but strictly as written your Barbarian level is 0, and you'd be quite limited on what you can take.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The ability doesn't say that you get to ignore the prerequisites on the rage power, therefore you do have to meet those prereqs.

It would be quite reasonable for the GM to rule that your summoner level counts as barbarian level for this purpose, but the ability doesn't actually say so. But hey, the summoner is a caster class, so perhaps he shouldn't be trying to hit people in melee
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    The ability doesn't say that you get to ignore the prerequisites on the rage power, therefore you do have to meet those prereqs.

It would be quite reasonable for the GM to rule that your summoner level counts as barbarian level for this purpose, but the ability doesn't actually say so. But hey, the summoner is a caster class, so perhaps he shouldn't be trying to hit people in melee
    Ya, that is something I am struggling with in the build. I can blow two feats to get a path of war stance that will help with that a little, take weapon focus, and use rage, and then I will be on par at best with another melee.

A couple rage powers caught my eye tho after posting this.
    Bloody Bite Is an extra 1d6 damage on every attack and it repeats on their turn unless they get healed. Even tho it does not stack, this is quite nice.

Bloody Fist & Feast of Blood seem to fit almost too well with this build. sadly the fact that natural attacks crit on a 20 is an issue, most of all with my dice rolling, lol :p

Looks like I may be putting this one on the back burner for a bit till I figure out some good ideas.