New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Do exceptions apply to subforums?

About four months ago I posted a thread in worldbuilding describing my campaign setting. I have developed it more, and I'm wondering whether the exception to the ban on thread necromancy applies to homebrew and its subforum or merely to homebrew.

For those not clear, I've quoted the rule below (emphasis mine):
    Thread Necromancy
    Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last 45 days, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the 45 day threshold without prior Moderator approval.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Do exceptions apply to subforums?

The world building subforum is, I believe, relatively new and thus not mentioned specifically in the rules. I would assume it allows thread revival exactly like its parent forum, seeing as the same logic would apply.
    "One need not hope in order to undertake, nor succeed in order to persevere."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

At the bottom of every subforum is a list of the moderators for that area - I would PM one of them to get permission to be on the safe side, that way you're in the clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: I'm not prepared to make a blanket comment extending exceptions to subforums, but in this particular instance, yes, it works the same as in the parent forum.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex