New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Take Two Round Two

No, its not an update to the story but its something in an earlier chapter I thought might be fun to expand on. In chapter 23 we find out that The Family has also interfered with a harry potter and a luffy from one piece. Both are absurdly strong, both have presence, and both are clearly multiverse famous. What I wanted to do was set up a topic so we could grab random main characters from everything, tv, movies, books, comics, anime, and try to come up with what their presence would be if Ghost and crew showed up to teach them. I will use a silly example.

Scrooge Mcduck "He Who Owns All" One of the few people who can manipulate economics on a near equal level to Scabbard, Scrooge's presence exemplifies his ability to continually attaining greater and greater wealth, knowledge, power, whatever he desires. That which he desires, becomes his.

A more serious example

Edward Elric "Male Sylvia" Seriously, I was trying to come up with a good epic version of him, and thats all that came to mind. All things are eternally changing. All is transmutable, everywhere he goes, when he exerts his presence, reality alters around him as creates nothing, but changes all. There is nothing he cannot manipulate, nothing he cannot transform, nothing he does not effect.

So what ideas do you guys have? Grab any from any form of media and give them the family treatment to supercharge them beyond all reason and tell us what you think they will be like.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Take Two Round Two

...Huh?

5huh

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

There is mention that the Family are banned from Undertale Universes and they've supercharged people from there as well.

So now I'm imagining a Sans that can both dodge AND has lots of health and attack, as well as having actual stamina. Making fighting him nearly impossible.

as well as an Undyne who can somehow go into her Undying form whenever she wants as well as dodge, and probably took lessons from Sans on how to make her attacks harder.

while Frisk themselves? I'm pretty sure that the Family would simply figure out how to make Frisk go Hopes and Dreams mode whenever they want and call it a day, given that Frisk is virtually unkillable when s/he is like that.

While Dragon Ball Z characters......I think they'd focus less on pure power, and more utility for people like Goku or Vegeta, since they're already super-powerful fighters of ungodly potential, what they really need is to expand their skill set and get things like Matter Materialization, Instant Transmission for Vegeta and so on, but Yamcha, Krillin and Tien all get hyper-charged to hell and back, Gohan gets some lessons on how to be both an idealistic hero AND a guy who fight well, they would probably get Buu to train to his full potential which is reality-warper levels of insane, make the Androids train in endurance style to out endure their opponents, Future Trunks gets buffed to SS Blue, just in general make the already strong fighters have more flexibility while strengthening the weak ones.

Pokemon:
    Ash Ketchum, Seven Times Tournament Winner:
    This Ash Ketchum has probably taken a lot of notes from Ashes of the Past Ash, then decided "I could do better." Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Family had a hand in Ashes of the Past in some indirect sense, like telling Arceus to do this certain thing and being like "whelp thats all we need to supercharge Ash, lets go."

The Cosmere:
    I don't know how it would end up, but the Family discovering Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere would probably make things REAL insane, given that all the magic systems there are all about exploiting the rules of them to make things more hax in your favor instead of pure power, which The Family would be all over, especially if they found Scadrial and figured out Hemalurgy, Feruchemy and Allomancy and learned how to fully exploit Investiture metals, because I'm pretty sure Investiture allows you to steal powers from other magic systems in the Cosmere.

Harry Dresden, Arch Wizard Supreme:
    Now this is crossover I'd love to see, because Dresden would already know about old beings of unimaginable power, and wouldn't consider the Family anything different from all the other immortals he has met, but I can see them trying their best to try and make him the actual leader of the White council because they believe that he wis the only sane wizard in the universe while all the rest are stupid idiots, while trying to get him to round out his magical studies to be better.

Anakin the Awesome:
    Imagine if the Family were there to tell Anakin some sense at the right time and that you can both be a loving husband and a controlled reasonable jedi at the same time and that the Jedi Council is a bunch of idiots but the Sith are even worse, and you have Anakin saving the Republic from Sidious and raising Luke and Leia to be great Jedi of their own.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, I like those ones. Especially Dresden. Holy crap is the potential for game breaking shenanigans huge in that setting. "Have you ever considered trying...?" would be the start of an incredible series. Quick, someone ask for permission to use those OCs for a dresden fic!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."