The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: OOC IV Reassembly/Watchmen: Twin Marvel/DC Mashups!

Hey IG, Zel, I was talking with Herod about potential hangout places for the Watchmen once the game gets going. No offense meant to the Iceberg Lounge but it IS rather expensive.

Herod and I thought about the Watchmen visiting the Bar With No Name as the hangout place, which Herod described as, "a hangout for a bunch of C-list villains. Drinks are cheap, nobody messes with anybody, and the occasional bar fight is a friendly one." It's something of a villain-friendly place, but it seems like one that would be better (and less expensive) for the Watchmen to meet up in like how the Misfits frequent Go-Getters in Metropolis. That and I figured that Jimmy, Rene and Gethsemane would be fine there as it seems like none of our PCs tend to look for a fight. Any thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Hey IG, Zel, I was talking with Herod about potential hangout places for the Watchmen once the game gets going. No offense meant to the Iceberg Lounge but it IS rather expensive.

Herod and I thought about the Watchmen visiting the Bar With No Name as the hangout place, which Herod described as, "a hangout for a bunch of C-list villains. Drinks are cheap, nobody messes with anybody, and the occasional bar fight is a friendly one." It's something of a villain-friendly place, but it seems like one that would be better (and less expensive) for the Watchmen to meet up in like how the Misfits frequent Go-Getters in Metropolis. That and I figured that Jimmy, Rene and Gethsemane would be fine there as it seems like none of our PCs tend to look for a fight. Any thoughts?
    Maybe. I have a concern in that Jimmy will have had too much of Superman's influence to simply ignore being surrounded by bad guys no matter how good the eats are (and good eats are a must, obviously). I know villains liked Go-Getter's too, but 1) we never seemed to run into any there, apart from Darkseid's crew, and 2) Go-Getter's has a more "neutral territory" reputation and is valued by hero and villain alike.

What if it's mostly retired villains, or ones too harmless to be worth a hero's time? Like the DCAU version of the Trickster?

EDIT: Alternately, what if there's a "neutral ground" place in every city with a cape presence to speak of, like it's just one of those unspoken agreements between both sides of the aisle that spring up independently all over the place? Apologies if that comes off as me trying to horn in on your world-building, herod; it just strikes me as a logical consequence of this universe in addition to being a good solution to my (admittedly minor) problem.
    Last edited by TheIronGolem; 2017-06-15 at 05:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Don't you worry about it IG! Lemme think on that. If one doesn't exist in Gotham already then I shall make it up!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

With a little help from my friends from QD, here is Zach's PL 11 sheet! (QD, I took your advice in this, but a quick look over wouldn't go amiss). I reserve the right to alter this in the future if my brain tells me a cool idea, at least until I can't. Without further ado!

Spoiler: PL 11 Zach
    Show
    Zachary Wattson, aka Thunderstruck

Abilities (32)

STR: 0. STA: 8. AGI: 4. DEX: 0.
    FGT: 0. INT: 0. AWE: 0. PRE: 4.

Attacks

Initiative: +12
    Unarmed: +0
    Grab: +0

Defenses (30)

Dodge (6): +10. Parry (10): +10. Toughness: +12 Fortitude (3): +11. Will (11): +11.

Skills (29)

Acrobatics 2 (+6), Deception 16 (+20), Expertise (Musician) 17 (+21), Intimidation -4 (+0), Perception 14 (+14), Persuasion 17 (+21), Stealth -4 (+0).

Advantages (25)
    All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit (Cipher) 2, Benefit 1 (Use Presence in place of Intelligence for Expertise (Musician), Benefit 1 (Use Persuasion instead of Insight to Evaluate social situations), Benefit 1 (Chatterbox—Use Deception as a Move action with a -2 penalty), Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 3, Language 1 (Greek, Base: English), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (Persuasion to smooth over negative reactions), Skill Mastery (Expertise (Musician)), Skill Mastery (Persuasion), Taunt Well-Informed

Equipment
    Commlink, Cell-phone with computer and coverage anywhere

Powers

Zach’s Baby: Easily-Removable Array (Indestructible, Restricted [Zach only]) {47-20+2} {29}

Finely Tuned: Enhanced Advantages (Fascinate [Expertise {Musician}]), Feature 1 (Can project sound as if from concert-hall-worthy speakers) {3}

The Power of Rock: 40-point Array {40+5}.

Blaze of Glory: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Affected by Water-based attacks; Precise); Teleport 10 (Change Direction, Increased Mass 2, Increased Action [Standard]); Flight 1 (Limited [Hovering]); Regeneration 10 (Limited [Bruises Only]).

Carry On My Wayward Son: Summon 11 (Lightning Clone; Heroic, Reduced Duration [Concentration], Distracting); Regeneration 10; Flight 8 (Platform).

Thunderstruck!: Damage 11 (Perception Range, Incurable, Affects Insubstantial 2, Precise, Indirect 3).

T.N.T.: Damage 8 (Ranged, Multiattack, Secondary Effect, Homing 1, Incurable, Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Range 1, Improved Critical 4, Accurate 7, Limited [Must Aim before using]).

Hells Bells: Affliction 11 (Entranced/Compelled/Controlled; Will; Perception Area [Hearing], Selective, Alternate Resistance [Will rather than Dodge to avoid, Evasion still applies], Subtle); Enhanced Extra 11 (Cumulative; Limited [Must have used Hells Bells last turn]).

Rock You Like a Hurricane: Damage 10 Linked Affliction 10 (Vulnerable/Stunned; Fortitude, Limited Degree) Linked Weaken Toughness 10 (Will); Accurate 6, Improved Critical 4; Flight 5 (Platform).

Gotta Keep on Keepin’ On: Feature 3 (Can use Luck points as HP for negating fatigue only), Enhanced Advantage 4 (Luck 4, Limited [Only together with Feature]) {5}

The Entertainer: Senses 12 (Analytical, Accurate, Acute, Penetrates Concealment [Quirk: Only through noncontiguous cover], Ranged, Radius Detect (Emotions), Danger Sense (Auditory)) [Skill, Rock] {11 points}

Wanted Dead or Alive: Protection 4 (Quirk: Benefits lost if both Stunned and Defenseless) [Skill] {3 points}

The Show Must Go On: Feature 1 (Can use his power to make instrumental sounds) (Rock) {1}

Calculations

PL: 11. PP: 0/165
    Abilities: 32. Stats: 30. Skills: 29. Advantages: 23 Powers: 49.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2019-05-14 at 10:33 PM.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Down at the bottom you have Advantages listed as 23 rather than 25 and PP as 3 rather than 0, but that's just basic proofreading. Mechanically looks fine. Herod may want to check that Feature about the Luck rerolls. Feature 3 to let Luck substitute for Hero Points for a single use is something I allow, but it's still a GM discretion thing.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose I should probably post a PL 11 version of Sarah, shouldn't I? I should have time to do that this weekend. I'm thinking about reworking her somewhat, and either dropping the power to summon duplicates or reverting it to summoning drone allies. As it stands, that power is almost certainly the optimal thing for her to do in just about any situation. That's not what I envisioned when I created Sarah. I am, however, considering changing her up in a different way, by giving her a battlesuit in lieu of, or possibly in addition to, her usual array of disparate gadgets. Basically, she'd want something to go toe-to-toe with Kryptonians, the Superguardians, and Darkseid.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Let's give people the weekend to wrap up their RPs and then I'll get going on what comes next Sunday afternoon!

Also Thokk, I will say that your feature is fine for now pending further gameplay testing.

As far as neutral ground in Gotham, I can't say I've found anything, BUT the Bar with No Name mostly caters to harmless Z-list villains anyway so hopefully that'd apply? We're talking the likes of Stilt-Man, Armadillo, Killer Moth, and Condiment King (and yes, all of these are real). I wouldn't even bother rolling for it if you guys decided to throw down with these dudes (although that might be a fun goof at some point).

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    Let's give people the weekend to wrap up their RPs and then I'll get going on what comes next Sunday afternoon!

Also Thokk, I will say that your feature is fine for now pending further gameplay testing.

As far as neutral ground in Gotham, I can't say I've found anything, BUT the Bar with No Name mostly caters to harmless Z-list villains anyway so hopefully that'd apply? We're talking the likes of Stilt-Man, Armadillo, Killer Moth, and Condiment King (and yes, all of these are real). I wouldn't even bother rolling for it if you guys decided to throw down with these dudes (although that might be a fun goof at some point).
    I've got no problems with the bar. It sounds like most of those villains wouldn't want to mess with someone like Rene, much less Gethsemane, outside of the really overconfident ones. So I doubt Spidey's presence would be a big concern for them. But that's what I think anyway.

9. - Top - End - #279

Works for me!

10. - Top - End - #280

Oh, and if you want to fiat the outcome of our investigation at the Iceberg Lounge for the sake of getting the next chapter underway, I for one am cool with that. It occurs to me that by suggesting the setting I might have inadvertently assigned you extra plotwork, which was not my intention.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

It's all good! We're getting started tomorrow anyway so I can try to fold that into the opening Watchmen mission!

Thank you all for your patience. It's been a good break, but I feel quite ready to get back to it!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's my PL 11 version of Sarah. I decided to refocus on the initial concept - brilliant inventor, future tech, portals. I pared down her arsenal pretty heavily; there was a lot of dross there that was almost never used, and would be better as a power stunt (or an invention). I also removed her summon ability, as mentioned above. Again, it can be used as a stunt when necessary.

However, she's still got plenty of versatility - her base power set includes a blast, Create, and Move Object. In addition, I gave her a second form, representing a version of Sarah armored for heavy battle. Her suit is the Titanomachy exo-frame, reverse-engineered from future Stark and von Doom tech, as well as incorporating her own portal technology. When she armors up (a standard action) it teleports in, sort of like the old Centurions cartoon. The armor is only usable by Sarah; in fact, it has no onboard computers and instead relies on her unique neural enhancements to handle running its systems (which is also why Sarah in her armor is less of a brainiac and Sarah out of it).

A note: her armor form is about 20 pp over budget, because of an error I made in the spreadsheet I use for character creation that was leading to the discount for removable powers being double counted. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, but when I do I'll make the edits (probably I'll just make her main attack power weaker). I wanted to post anyway, since the basic concept is in place, and I'll revise things soonish assuming the general idea is approved.

Spoiler: Standard Character Sheet
    Show
    Sarah Saturn

PL11 (165 pp)

Abilities
    Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 16 (19), Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers
    Mental Titan:
    Quick Thinker: Quickness 6 [Limited: only mental actions] (3 pp)
    ...Alt: Mental Calculator: Quickness 9 [Limited: only for doing math] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Master Inventor: Quickness 9 [Limited: only for inventing] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Reverse Engineering: Quickness 12 [Limited: only for inventing, Limited: only in Saturn Foundation lab] (1 pp)
    Polymath: Variable 1 [Skills, advantages, and powers with the Training descriptor; Free Action] (9 pp)
    Neural Enhancements: Enhanced Intellect 3 (6 pp)
    ...Alt: Predictive Algorithms: Senses 4 [Precognition], Enhanced Trait 3 [Perception +6; Limited: only for precognition] (1 pp)

Devices
    Wormhole Generator: (22 pp)
    Wormhole: Teleport 6 [60 miles; Extended, Portal; Limited: extended only] (24 pp)
    ...Alt: Personal Portal: Teleport 11 [8 mi; Change Direction, Turnabout] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Long-Range Portal: Teleport 12 [4000 mi; Extended; Limited: extended only] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Antigrav Field: Flight 9 [2 mi/rd, 1000 mph], Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Wall-crawling 1], Immunity 2 [Gravitic effects] (1 pp)
    Quick Change: Feature 1 (1 pp)
    Removable (Wormhole Generator) (-6 points)

Shunt Field Generator: (19 pp)
    Force Field: Protection 12 [Sustained], Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 6 (24 pp)
    Removable (Shunt Field Generator) (-5 points)

Exo-Frame Beacon: (3 pp)
    Don Titanomachy Exo-Frame: Morph 1 [Metamorph, Standard Activation] (4 pp)
    Removable (Exo-Frame Beacon) (-1 points)

Arsenal: (22 pp)
    Portal Blaster: Blast 14 [Accurate 4, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 (environmental)] (35 pp)
    ...Alt: Tractor/Pressor Beam: Move Object 14 [Max lift 800 T; Accurate 4, Increased Mass 1, Precise, Subtle 1 (gravitic sense required)] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Virtual Mass Projector: Create 14 [15000 cu ft (15' radius sphere or 25' x 25' x 25' cube); Stationary; Accurate 4, Precise, Subtle 2] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: SPIN Darts: Affliction 14 [Resisted and overcome by Fortitude, Impaired/Disabled/Transformed (powerless); Cumulative, Ranged; Limited: only applies to rolls involving powers; Accurate 4, Reversible] (1 pp)
    Easily Removable (arsenal) (-16 points)

Installations (27 ep)
    Saturn Foundation Lab
    Large Size, Toughness 16
    HQ Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Future Tech Vault: Feature 1 (Remote Feature, Sealed), Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Intelligent, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Secret 3 (DC 40 to find), Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Workshop, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create, Teleport Beacon: Feature 1 (25 ep)

Hawksbill Station
    Large Size, Toughness 20
    HQ Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Holding Cells 4 (Impervious Toughness, Improved Toughness, Power Nullifers, Sleeper Cells), Infirmary, Intelligent, Isolated, Power System, Sealed, Secret 3 (DC 40 to find), Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Time Portal, Variable Environment, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create (1 ep)

Cronus Complex
    Huge Size, Toughness 18
    HQ Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Intelligent, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Movable, Personnel (drones), Power System, Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Self-Repairing, Teleport Beacon, Trophy Room, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create, Workshop (1 ep)

Standard Equipment (8 ep)
    ...Smartphone (2 ep)
    ...Wrist-Computer (1 ep; acts as tools for the Technology skill)
    ...Visor (3 ep; combines binoculars, flash goggles, night vision goggles)
    ...Evidence Kit (1 ep; acts as tools for the Investigation skill)
    ...First Aid Kit (1 ep; acts as tools for the Treatment skill)

Advantages
    Benefit 1 [Cipher], Benefit 1 [Future Knowledge], Benefit 2 [Wealth (independently wealthy)], Eidetic Memory, Equipment 7, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery [Technology], Ultimate Effort [Technology], Well-Informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 0 (+0), Athletics 0 (+0), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise: Any 0 (+19), Insight 0 (+0), Intimidation 0 (+0), Investigation 0 (+19), Perception 0 (+0), Persuasion 0 (+0), Sleight of Hand 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+0), Technology 0 (+19), Treatment 0 (+19), Vehicles 0 (+0)

Offense
    Initiative +0
    Portal blaster: +8 ranged, Damage 14, Variable Descriptor 2 (any environmental)
    Tractor/Pressor Beam: +8 ranged, Move Object 14
    Virtual Mass Projector: +8 ranged, Create 14 (Stationary)
    SPIN Darts: +8 ranged, Affliction vs. Fortitude 14

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 8
    Toughness 14, Fortitude 8, Will 14

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 88 + Advantages 17 + Skills 0 + Defenses 24 = Total 165

Spoiler: Armored Form
    Show
    Abilities
    Strength 14, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 16, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers
    Mental Titan: (12 pp)
    Polymath: Variable 1 [Skills, advantages, and powers with the Training descriptor; Free Action] (9 pp)

Titanomachy Exo-Frame
    Weapons Systems: (46 pp)
    Antimatter Projector: Weaken 12 [Toughness; resisted by Fortitude; Affects Objects, Ranged; Distracting; Accurate 5], Blast 12 [Linked to Weaken] (53 pp)
    ...Alt: Strength Augmentation: Enhanced Strength 14 [Accurate 4], Mass Manipulation Strike: Affliction 14 [Resisted and overcome by Fortitude, Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated; Linked to Strength damage], Antigrav Assist: Power-Lifting 7 [Max lift 50 KT]
    ...Alt: Fusion Cutter: Blast 14 [Alternate Resistance (Dodge); Accurate 4]
    ...Alt: Micromissile Barrage: Blast 11 [Selective Burst Area]
    ...Alt: Varibeam Projector: Blast 14 [Accurate 4, Extended Range, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 (any energy)]
    ...Alt: Homing Missiles: Blast 11 [Perception Range, Secondary Effect]
    Removable (-12 pp)

Protective Systems: (27 pp)
    Combat Analyzer: Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 6 (12 pp)
    Armor: Protection 12 (12 pp)
    Sealed Systems: Immunity 10 [Life Support] (10 pp)
    Removable (-7 pp)

Other Systems: (23 pp)
    Antigrav Field: Flight 10 [4 mi/rd, 2000 mph; Aquatic] (20 pp)
    Sensors: Senses 9 [Enhanced hearing (accurate, radio [accurate], ultra-hearing), enhanced vision (darkvision, infravision, ultravision)] (9 pp)
    Removable (-6 pp)

Dismiss Exo-Frame: Morph 1 [Metamorph, Standard Activation] (4 pp)
    Removable (-1 pp)

Bonded Armor:
    Feature 2 [only usable by Sarah] (2 pp)

Advantages
    Benefit 1 [Cipher], Benefit 1 [Future Knowledge], Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery [Technology], Ultimate Effort [Technology], Well-Informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 0 (+0), Athletics 0 (+14), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise: Any 0 (+16), Insight 0 (+0), Intimidation 0 (+0), Investigation 0 (+16), Perception 0 (+0), Persuasion 0 (+0), Sleight of Hand 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+0), Technology 0 (+16), Treatment 0 (+16), Vehicles 0 (+0)

Offense
    Initiative +0
    Unarmed Strike: +8 close, Linked Damage and Affiction vs. Fortitude 14 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)
    Antimatter Projector: +10 ranged, Linked Weaken Toughness 12 and Blast 12 (Affects Objects, Distracting)
    Fusion Cutter: +8 ranged, Damage vs. Dodge 14
    Micromissile Barrage: Selective Burst Area Blast 11
    Varibeam Projector: +8 ranged, Damage 14 (Variable Descriptor 2)
    Homing Missiles: perception range Blast 11 (Secondary Effect)

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 8
    Toughness 14, Fortitude 10, Will 12

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 97 + Advantages 8 + Skills 0 + Defenses 24 = Total 165

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

All riiiiiiiight!

WATCHMEN! GET AT ME!

14. - Top - End - #284

Well-Informed on le Reverse Flash: (1d20+21)[26]

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Well Informed: (1d20+21)[24].
    Deception to oppose Bluffs: (1d20+16)[33].
    Persuasion via Natural Rapport to Evaluate his overall intentions: (1d20+16)[26].
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we're all so well informed: (1d20+21)[22]

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Postcognition: (1d20+21)[23]

And then Fred will shift to True Sight to analyze Reverse-Flash's powerset (and make sure he isn't somehow Rel'Kor returned from the dead).
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Alright! Good job team! Getting all those low rolls weeded out! Go us!

Ahem.

In other news, I've updated Katie on the first page with her new mechanics and new power descriptions (including a touchup of the limits for her Variables). I made a bit of a tweak to her Practical Magic Complication representing her development since foregoing her wand. I also added the following new Complication because oh, Katie.

True Love's Kiss [Power Loss]: Katie can curse defenseless foes with permanent transmutations or enchanted slumber, permanently removing the threat they present unless the effect is countered by her or another powerful mage. However...there's a slight wrinkle. Namely, Katie watches too many freakin' Disney movies. True Love's Kiss will instantly and unfailingly negate any detrimental effect Katie places as a Complication against her. It works for the normal-duration ones as well as the permanent ones, and for any variations created by her augmentations. Note that True Love does not necessarily have to mean romantic love. And I swear to God, Herod, if I manage to land something on Darkseid and he rolls a natural 1 on his save and then Death shows up and gives him a kiss I will find a way to make you pay!

In other other news, since we've been talking about doing these again:

Fred: "I've never been the sort of person to choose favorites, but I do recognize the distinction between friends and family, and I likewise recognize that that distinction, at the end of the day, has nothing to do with blood. I'm not sure if I could verbalize it in a way that would quite make sense to everyone, but I know how it makes sense to me: my family are the people who I don't fear will leave me. And I couldn't have said this until recently. Certainly not before Hector...honestly, probably not until just a few days ago. But after everything we've been through, after the things we've seen each other do and that we've talked about and helped each other through, yeah, now I can say it:

Fred Broll is family.

Honestly he's like the big brother I never had. In training, he's pushed me harder than I've ever been pushed before, but there's no denying how much it's paid off. I'm so, so glad he's starting to take better care of himself. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know it's a work in progress. I still feel he takes himself a bit too seriously sometimes, takes a bit too much on himself, and can be kinda overprotective - of me and just of the people he cares about in general. But honestly, there's kind of a comfort in that too. I know that if I'm ever in trouble, there's going to be a super-strong magic-slinging mutant with an absurdly sharp sword coming to help, and there is not a thing on this planet that will stand in his way."

Starsoul: "Starsoul is the very best. That is all."

Sarah: "You know, it's been the better part of a year now, and I can't really say my relationship with Sarah has changed all that much. But you know what? That's okay. Don't get me wrong, I would be absolute ecstatic to see Sarah open up more (in a personal sense - she has been working at being less secretive in general, which I'm really proud of her for). But I know that not everybody has an inner extrovert just waiting to burst forth. Sarah's happy and comfortable with her life and her work, and that's what's most important."

"And honestly, there are few people I'd rather work with on...pretty much anything. Sarah's just...so competent, so smart, so professional. I don't think I've ever seen her even slightly panic. And I mean, it's not even like with Fred, just squashing or constructively using the fear. She just...always presents an air of being totally on top of things and ready with a plan, a backup plan, and a half-dozen contingencies for whatever's going on. I'm...not sure I've ever told her just how much I respect and look up to her. I should really do that..."

Zach: "I'm still kinda getting to know Zach, but my impression so far is that he's super-fun! Also extremely dependable; he jumped into the fray when Kang did his thing and has been helping us out ever since, even though he absolutely didn't have to. I do get the sense though that he carries a weight on his shoulders. He covers it up some with the rock-star demeanor, and the music, and the flirting, and stuff...but I dunno. The way he fights, how hard he tries to help people...I just get the sense that there's a sort of need there, a deeper drive than just idealism. I could be wrong, I still don't know him super-well, but it's the sense I get. I worry that he's not quite as happy as the face he presents to the world."

Jimmy: "You know how you sometimes meet people you just kinda click with? That's Jimmy for me. We probably talk like a couple times a week (he's always my first call with Official Misfits News) and, I dunno, I wouldn't say there's any like specific thing about our relationship. It's like friendly but still casually professional and we just get along well. ...Although I do admit I get a kinda weird vibe from him when he's suited up. I don't quite know why. Maybe it's 'cause his suit's actually kinda scary-looking. I will say, I am in awe of how he was able to take care of Superman and help him get better. I know he says he wasn't really the one who did it, but it's like, come on. Okay, sure, that may be technically true in the strictest sense, but I understand the difference between a cause and a catalyst. And I think Superman does too.

Rene: "From the first time I had met him, I knew Rene was a hero, and one of rare heart. I cannot begin to say how happy I am to see him realizing it for himself. He has my deepest and sincerest respect. I'd say he and I are a lot alike, but that would be giving myself too much credit. Oh, sure, don't get me wrong, I've had my share of rough situations since becoming a hero, but the thing is, I've had a lot of good things happen to me because of it too and it was my choice from start to finish. Rene has gone through far worse than I have and hasn't always had a choice in the matter, and nonetheless he has taken up the mantle of hero and gone toe to toe against Zod in the doing! I can only aspire to be like him."

(Okay, Katie probably wouldn't know all of this, especially at this point in the story, but since we're in two different groups and the opportunity for Katie to get to know her more is going to be limited, I'm fudging a bit for this thing since it's technically not in continuity anyway. Also it amuses me that I wrote about as much regarding the person Katie met once for like three minutes as I did for the entire rest of the PCs combined).

Gethsemane: "Well, let's start from the beginning. Demons, like vampires, are creatures of supernatural evil. This is not to say it is moral to destroy them immediately on sight. They remain sapient beings, and the possibility for virtue does exist among them, even if only in unique circumstances. It is never right to end the life of any thinking being purely owed to what it is.

But let me be clear: the very instant a creature of supernatural evil presents threat or hostility to any mortal being, you neutralize the threat as permanently as you can and with extreme prejudice. For millennia, humans have justified killing each other by convincing themselves that their enemies were inhuman, unrepentantly evil, soulless monsters. They have been wrong 100% of the time. This does not mean that inhuman, unrepentantly evil, soulless monsters do not exist. They do, and they must be destroyed.

Next: Mind magic sucks. But no magic is inherently evil (indeed, not even the magic to summon demons and raise the undead). Some kinds can be used for evil more easily than others. But it is always the intent of the caster and the use the magic is put to that determines its morality. To compel an unrepentantly evil person - someone like the Joker, say - to do good entirely against their will, sets a dangerous precedent and is undeniably squicky. Compared to a rigorous campaign of psychological rehabilitation and personal redemption, it is absolutely and always the wrong choice. Compared to leaving the villain free to harm others, or killing them out of hand, I would easily call it morally superior. Compared to throwing them in prison and losing the key...the mind control is squickier, but I'd call the relative morality of the solutions reasonably debatable.

That being said, the Indigo Ring evidently operates less by compelling action and more by inducing compassion where none existed before. I...find it difficult to have much problem with that, honestly. I mean, depending on the specifics - the whole "drowns out all other emotions" bit sounds like it goes over the line, if I'm honest. And I'd be leery of the trauma a person might suffer to have compassion suddenly and artificially induced after a lifetime of evil deeds. Although I have to admit, I've never been a huge fan of punishing wrongdoing beyond what is necessary to serve as a deterrent and motivate rehabilitation. But looking at it from the standpoint of just punishment as a worthy end to strive for, I'm not sure I could possibly think of a better one.

This all before considering that this is a demon in the first place, and beyond that, one that is already under a deleterious mental influence due to Brood hive-mind parasitism. Look, I consider myself a pretty compassionate person, but honestly at that point I have to kinda go, 'You know, sure, whatever works.'

That being said, what I think one must remain ever aware of, is that this is not redemption. Removal of the Ring removes the compassion. There is no rehabilitation, there is no sincere effort to turn one's life around. There is merely evil, supernatural evil, with a restraining bolt. It may not be a strictly unethical solution, it may be better than many in fact, but it is still far from the best.

I am of the belief that redemption is possible for anyone. Even beings of supernatural evil. It may be rare, even unique. It may require more time and effort than one can afford to give. It may entail too much risk to be worth taking. I would love to say that redeeming even one villain is always worth it, but the fact is...it isn't. We all have our limits of resources. We all have our priorities. I will not be trying to redeem the Joker, because while I do believe it is possible, I acknowledge that given the time and effort it would take, I could do far more good for far more people.

The Indigo Ring is not redemption.

But for Gethsemane's sake, I do sincerely hope that the Ring might, somehow, be enough to set her on the path to it."
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-06-20 at 03:45 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright, there we go! Hooray for the new game! Just to confirm Herod, the Watchmen haven't been officially formed yet, have they? And has Croc been moved over to Hawksbill by now?

Gonna get up Rene's opinions of the other PCs hopefully sometime today. Working out the new complications first.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2017-06-20 at 06:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Alright, there we go! Hooray for the new game! Just to confirm Herod, the Watchmen haven't been officially formed yet, have they? And has Croc been moved over to Hawksbill by now?

Gonna get up Rene's opinions of the other PCs hopefully sometime today. Working out the new complications first.
    No and no to both questions. We'll get there!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright, here's Rene's own section for this; been due for this for awhile now:

Jimmy: "I remember once hearing that everyone meets someone that's able to get along with pretty much everyone. I think Spider-Man's that sorta person. He's an accomplished hero, a friend of the Misfits, and a longtime friend of goddamn Superman! I'm not sure how my credentials can come anywhere close to Spider-Man; I'm just the crazy reptilian freak whose closest friend is a skrull whose been masquerading as a martian all his life on Earth. I kinda look up to Spider-Man like a mentor, almost. I feel like he knows about superhero work far more than I do and has more experience with it than I ever will. He knows things from supervillains to supernatural creatures like the back of his hand, unless he's ********ing it. If he is, he's doing a damn good job at it among all the witty remarks and jokes he makes; probably gonna be a matter of time before he binges off a bunch of lizard jokes to my ears. But I think he's really smart... besides all those times that he's really silly. I mean how the hell do you justify digging into a huge tub of ice cream after saving a space station?"

Gethsemane: "I've... never met a demon before. What little I know comes from whatever occult theories are thrown about in Gotham. It was a little uncomfortable being with Gethsemane at first. She's so... blunt, straight-to-the-point. She's distressingly calm, almost uncaring about the things she sees and does. I blame the damn ring. Killing all emotions but compassion... How the **** does anyone live with that? I get she's a demon; I get she has had no capacity for compassion. I get that this is the best thing that can be done for now. But I don't want to believe it's the only permanent solution. I want to help her while she's on Earth. I want her to learn about compassion, understand it rather than just be infused with it. I don't really know if it can be done but I want to try. I want her to be able to live without being fully evil, whether by choice or instinct. Until then I'll do by best to make sure no one takes off that ring. A lot that Gethsemane has said about her past and her past interests is frightening to imagine. I don't even want to imagine how quickly she'd be to do all that over again if she removed the ring without learning anything."

Katie: "The months I've been without meeting Katie must have been eventful. I've always known her to be compassionate, caring, and headstrong to others. I wouldn't be the same person I was without her help and guidance when I got roped into this whole crazy thing in the first place. But I feel like she's... much wiser, stronger-willed. She talked to me like she had been through a lot and that she learned a lot from it. I mean I don't think she can understand what I've been through but she understands the point of doing it all. Even when she doesn't try, I think she never stops giving me guidance as a person and as a hero. I think that's her biggest strength. More than words, more than actions, she gives others the strength and knowledge to continue forward. Yeah, I know it's cheesy but I'm going to stand by that, even when the rest of the world tells me otherwise."

Sarah: "I still don't really know Sarah all that well. She's a billionaire, a genius, and something between a brilliant mastermind and a mad scientist; I don't know how one can manage some inter-dimensional prison like Hawksbill and live like there's nothing wrong with it. But she's a longtime friend and member to the Misfits. I think that's good enough for me to trust her. I can't thank her enough for offering to move Croc from the Spire to Hawksbill. I don't care how secure Fury's little base is, Brother won't be well off being isolated there with no one he knows except the Lizard there too. I think Sarah realized that, or at least I hope she did."

Fred: "He's a bit... crazy from what I expected of mutants. I don't mean like the sense that he's out of his mind or that he's out-of-touch from reality. I mean he has all these outrageous powers that you see out of an anime. I don't know many mutants and haven't heard about much of them but I'm trying to reel my head around how one can fly, throw fire around,
    ignite themselves, and twirl a blade around as if he's Miyamoto Musashi. He's like that hero from that Crusader Saint-something show... But besides that, he's a good person, just very very serious. Might have to be something about being a mutant; they get a lot of hate. Back in the past I read a lot of newspapers that talked about them with no end of distaste, calling them anything from 'inhuman' to 'monstrous.' When I was human I simply nodded my head and went on with my life. Now I find that mutants are more human than myself. At least he has the Misfits, and his own family the X-Men to help him. I hope they'll continue to do so.
    "

Zach: "I don't really know much besides being some sort of lightning user and being a very bad guitar player when he decides to be. Half the time I've known him he can play well, the other half he mindlessly shreds those strings like he's tone-deaf. I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with his taste for rock and metal music. He really should stay away from that death metal crap. But besides that he seems like a decent person. The Misfits know him well enough so I can't fault him for his playing. I think there's a part of him that takes everything seriously, like that he has a personal stake to fighting crime. It's just a bit hard to tell beneath all the ear-killing shredding he does."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

So, as far as what people are rolling:

Ronin is going to get a metaphor that I will write up when I have the time. As far as his powers: ridiculous amounts of super-speed to the point where he is virtually teleporting, time travel, Speed Force control allowing for some electrokinesis, speed mirages, etc.

Potence will be able to tell that the Reverse-Flash is actually quite sincere, especially in his gratitude. He feels like he owes you guys something.

Everybody knows about the same information regarding the Reverse-Flash (aka Professor Zoom aka Eobard Thawne). The Central City Flash museum has an exhibit on him: he's a speedster from the 25th century whose obsessive interest in the Flash caused him to replicate his powers and go back in time to attack him. Their rivalry is a nightmare of temporal continuity, as they each attack and retaliate against each other at different points within the timestream to the point where it's hard to say who started what when.

23. - Top - End - #293

Oh, and Perception for Zach's Analytical Detect (Emotions): (1d20+14)[15], routining the Evaluate for a 31.

Edit: I don't know why I even bother with this power, I really don't

Edit edit: It's not based on Hearing anymore, so do I even need the Perception check? Ronin doesn't need to make a Perception check for his Detect Powers power.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2017-06-20 at 04:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's Sarah once more; this time, her armored form isn't over budget, and it incorporates more of her portal technology. I'll be posting descriptors and complications later, though they're largely unchanged.

Spoiler: Standard Character Sheet
    Show
    Sarah Saturn

PL11 (165 pp)

Abilities
    Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 16 (19), Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers
    Mental Titan:
    ...Alt: Mental Calculator: Quickness 9 [Limited: only for doing math] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Master Inventor: Quickness 9 [Limited: only for inventing] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Reverse Engineering: Quickness 12 [Limited: only for inventing, Limited: only in Saturn Foundation lab] (1 pp)
    Neural Enhancements: Enhanced Intellect 3 (6 pp)
    ...Alt: Predictive Algorithms: Senses 4 [Precognition], Enhanced Trait 3 [Perception +6; Limited: only for precognition] (1 pp)

Devices
    Wormhole Generator: (22 pp)
    Wormhole: Teleport 6 [60 miles; Extended, Portal; Limited: extended only] (24 pp)
    ...Alt: Personal Portal: Teleport 11 [8 mi; Change Direction, Turnabout] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Long-Range Portal: Teleport 12 [4000 mi; Extended; Limited: extended only] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Antigrav Field: Flight 9 [2 mi/rd, 1000 mph], Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Wall-crawling 1], Immunity 2 [Gravitic effects] (1 pp)
    Quick Change: Feature 1 (1 pp)
    Removable (Wormhole Generator) (-6 points)

Shunt Field Generator: (19 pp)
    Force Field: Protection 12 [Sustained], Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 6 (24 pp)
    Removable (Shunt Field Generator) (-5 points)

Don Titanomachy Exo-Frame: Morph 1 [Metamorph, Standard Activation] (4 pp)
    Removable (Exo-Frame Beacon) (-1 points)

Arsenal: (22 pp)
    Portal Blaster: Blast 14 [Accurate 4, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 (environmental)] (35 pp)
    ...Alt: Tractor/Pressor Beam: Move Object 14 [Max lift 800 T; Accurate 4, Increased Mass 1, Precise, Subtle 1 (gravitic sense required)] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Virtual Mass Projector: Create 14 [15000 cu ft (15' radius sphere or 25' x 25' x 25' cube); Stationary; Accurate 4, Precise, Subtle 2] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: SPIN Darts: Affliction 14 [Resisted and overcome by Fortitude, Impaired/Disabled/Transformed (powerless); Cumulative, Ranged; Limited: only applies to rolls involving powers; Accurate 4, Reversible] (1 pp)
    Easily Removable (arsenal) (-16 points)

Installations (27 ep)
    Saturn Foundation Lab
    Large Size, Toughness 16
    HQ Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Future Tech Vault: Feature 1 (Remote Feature, Sealed), Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Intelligent, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Secret 3 (DC 40 to find), Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Workshop, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create, Teleport Beacon: Feature 1 (25 ep)

Hawksbill Station
    Large Size, Toughness 20
    HQ Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Holding Cells 4 (Impervious Toughness, Improved Toughness, Power Nullifers, Sleeper Cells), Infirmary, Intelligent, Isolated, Power System, Sealed, Secret 3 (DC 40 to find), Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Time Portal, Variable Environment, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create (1 ep)

Cronus Complex
    Huge Size, Toughness 18
    HQ Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Intelligent, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Movable, Personnel (drones), Power System, Security System 5 (Technology DC 40), Self-Repairing, Teleport Beacon, Trophy Room, VMP Projectors: Affects Insubstantial Create, Workshop (1 ep)

Standard Equipment (8 ep)
    ...Smartphone (2 ep)
    ...Wrist-Computer (1 ep; acts as tools for the Technology skill)
    ...Visor (3 ep; combines binoculars, flash goggles, night vision goggles)
    ...Evidence Kit (1 ep; acts as tools for the Investigation skill)
    ...First Aid Kit (1 ep; acts as tools for the Treatment skill)

Advantages
    Benefit 1 [Cipher], Benefit 1 [Future Knowledge], Benefit 2 [Wealth (independently wealthy)], Eidetic Memory, Equipment 7, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery [Technology], Ultimate Effort [Technology], Well-Informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 0 (+0), Athletics 0 (+0), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise: Any 0 (+19), Insight 0 (+0), Intimidation 0 (+0), Investigation 0 (+19), Perception 0 (+0), Persuasion 0 (+0), Sleight of Hand 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+0), Technology 0 (+19), Treatment 0 (+19), Vehicles 0 (+0)

Offense
    Initiative +0
    Portal Blaster: +8 ranged, Damage 14, Variable Descriptor 2 (any environmental)
    Tractor/Pressor Beam: +8 ranged, Move Object 14
    Virtual Mass Projector: +8 ranged, Create 14 (Stationary)
    SPIN Darts: +8 ranged, Affliction vs. Fortitude 14

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 8
    Toughness 14, Fortitude 8, Will 14

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 88 + Advantages 17 + Skills 0 + Defenses 24 = Total 165

Spoiler: Armored Form
    Show
    Abilities
    Strength 14, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 16, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers

Devices
    Weapons Systems: (36 pp)
    Portal Cutter: Blast 12 [Alternate Resistance (Dodge); Accurate 5] (41 pp)
    ...Alt: Portal Bombs: Blast 11 [Selective Burst Area; Unreliable (5 uses)] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Strength Augmentation: Enhanced Strength 14 [Accurate 4] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Varibeam Projector: Blast 14 [Accurate 4, Extended Range, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 (any energy)] (1 pp)
    ...Alt: Intrinsic Field Subtractor: Weaken 12 [Toughness; resisted by Fortitude; Affects Objects, Ranged; Distracting; Accurate 5], Blast 12 [Distracting; Linked to Weaken] (1 pp)
    Removable (Weapons) (-9 points)

Protective Systems: (24 pp)
    Combat Analyzer: Enhanced Dodge 5, Enhanced Parry 5 (10 pp)
    Armor: Protection 13 (13 pp)
    Sealed Systems: Immunity 7 [All environmental conditions, suffocation] (7 pp)
    Removable (Defenses) (-6 points)

Other Systems: (25 pp)
    Antigrav Field: Flight 10 [4 mi/rd, 2000 mph; Aquatic] (21 pp)
    ...Alt: Personal Portal: Teleport 10 [1000 mi; Extended; Limited: extended only; Change Direction] (1 pp)
    Sensors: Senses 9 [Enhanced hearing (accurate, radio [accurate], ultra-hearing), enhanced vision (darkvision, infravision, ultravision)] (9 pp)
    Removable (Other Systems) (-6 points)

Exo-Frame Beacon: (4 pp)
    Dismiss Exo-Frame: Morph 1 [Metamorph, Standard Activation] (4 pp)
    No Onboard Computer: Feature 1 [only usable by someone with Intellect 16+] (1 pp)
    Removable (Beacon) (-1 points)

Advantages
    Benefit 1 [Cipher], Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery [Technology], Skill Mastery [Technology], Well-Informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 0 (+0), Athletics 0 (+14), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise: Any 0 (+16), Insight 0 (+0), Intimidation 0 (+0), Investigation 0 (+16), Perception 0 (+0), Persuasion 0 (+0), Sleight of Hand 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+0), Technology 0 (+16), Treatment 0 (+16), Vehicles 0 (+0)

Offense
    Initiative +0
    Unarmed Strike: +8 close, Linked Damage and Affiction vs. Fortitude 14 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)
    Intrinsic Field Subtractor: +10 ranged, Linked Weaken Toughness 12 and Blast 12 (Affects Objects, Distracting)
    Portal Cutter: +10 ranged, Damage vs. Dodge 12
    Portal Bombs: Selective Burst Area Blast 11
    Varibeam Projector: +8 ranged, Damage 14 (Variable Descriptor 2)

Defense
    Dodge 7, Parry 7
    Toughness 15, Fortitude 10, Will 12

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 98 + Advantages 7 + Skills 0 + Defenses 24 = Total 165

Spoiler: Power Descriptions
    Show
    Sarah's advanced technology mainly involves the manipulation of the Higgs field. By doing so, she can create VMPs - Virtual Mass Particles, which can in turn be used to manipulate gravity fields, and THAT lets her open up and manipulate wormholes. Her main devices include:
    • A wormhole generator that lets her teleport, fly, and place down beacons that let her teleport to the beacon's location much more accurately.
    • Weaponized wormholes, in the form of a blaster that can create a portal to a deadly environment and let it out in a sudden powerful pulse.
    • A VMP projector that lets her create simple virtual objects.
    • Her SPIN darts, which inject the target with power-suppressing nanites.
    • The Titanomachy Exo-Frame, a powerful robotic exoskeleton. It is heavily armed; her portal blaster is integrated into the suit's weaponry, as well as an assortment of other weapons. Notably, it can teleport an array of small bombs to blanket an area in explosives, use her portal technology to cut through virtually any substance, and even manipulate the Higgs field to remove the intrinsic fields of targets, utterly obliterating most things.
    In addition, she's a genius many times over. She's a talented inventor, and when she has access to the future tech in her lab she can reengineer it to work wonders. Finally, she has access to spotty but mostly accurate records from the future; while it's not much, it's enough to sometimes give her an edge.
    Spoiler: Descriptors
    Show
    All of her powers (save for the powers under Mental Titan) have the [Technological] descriptor. Other descriptors:
    Mental Titan: [Biological]
    Wormhole, Personal Portal, Long-Range Portal, Emergency Teleport, Wormhole Projector: [Teleport]
    Antigrav Field, Tractor/Pressor Beam, Virtual Mass Projector: [Gravity]
    Portal Blaster: [Teleport] plus additional descriptors as appropriate for energy type
    SPIN Darts: [Nanotech]
    Portal Cutter: [Teleport]
    Portal Bombs: [Explosive, Energy, Teleport]
    Strength Augmentation: [Physical]
    Varibeam Projector: [Teleport] plus additional descriptors as appropriate for energy type
    Intrinsic Field Subtractor: [Exotic Physics]

Spoiler: Complications
    Show
    Motivation: destined savior. Her grandfather, Sylvester Saturn, raised her to believe that she would save the world from the great crisis that sent him back in time. It would be easier if she knew what the crisis was, though...
    Public ID: Sarah is well known as the head of the Saturn Foundation, a charitable organization that seeks to further world technological development.
    Responsibility: Heading up the Saturn Foundation takes time and energy.
    Enemy: time travelers. While Sarah is not herself a time traveler, her grandfather was, and many of his enemies have become hers.
    Last edited by CandyLaser; 2017-06-26 at 08:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

No mechanical issues that I can see.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    Edit edit: It's not based on Hearing anymore, so do I even need the Perception check? Ronin doesn't need to make a Perception check for his Detect Powers power.
    That's actually my mistake. I should be asking for Perception checks from Ronin AND Thunderstruck when doing these things. I will correct that for the future. Regardless!

Thunderstruck will be able to detect an immense amount of self-satisfaction radiating off of the Reverse-Flash. He is a self-satisfied egotistical son of a b**** and it permeates his every waking hour. He is ALSO . . . grateful. Oddly so. For a psychopath like him, gratitude is an unusual emotion.

Ronin sees . . .

Two puppets dance on a shining metal stage, one strung up by its head and the other strung up by everything BUT its head. They battle like Punch and Judy, smacking each other back and forth as the unsees audience laughs and laughs. The first puppet attacks only by reaching out. The second slaps at the wooden hands, rejecting the advance. Eventually the fight collapses into a flurry of meaningless flailing, and then the puppets are swept upwards as the curtain falls.

27. - Top - End - #297

Transposted from Discord:

Spoiler: For Herod
    Show
    Thokk: I was tossing the question of "Senses and Perception" around with QD earlier (since he's the mechanics monkey, I wanted to get his opinion before checking with you). He said that for special Senses attached to normal senses (like Ronin's Detect Powers, which seems to be based on his own vision), the Perception check for the Senses is the check to perceive them in the first place. That way it comes with all the benefits and foibles of the normal sense (blocked by visual Concealment, including mundane Concealment like fog, darkness, etc).

Also Thokk: A mental sense like Zach's Detect Emotions would have its own separate Perception, since it's not a rider on an existing Sense. The Perception DC would be based on the normal Perception rules: if it's out in the open/not being hidden, it's DC 0 before range penalties. For my Detect Emotions, an opposed Perception vs Deception roll would probably be appropriate if someone's trying to actively hide their emotions (like a poker player, a villain who's on guard, a jealous ex-lover). And a crowded room of people with open emotions would make discerning my target's emotions harder (so it'd give that person partial Concealment, up to total concealment if there's enough people with strong enough emotions)

28. - Top - End - #298

Updated build for Spider-Man. Took most of QD's advice here. Still wasting 1 extra attack point on Web Snare but I'm otherwise happy with it.

Spoiler: Spider-Man
    Show
    Spider-Man (Jimmy Olsen) - PL 11

Strength 0, Stamina 8/3, Agility 10/0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 9, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
    Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit: Press Pass, Connected, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Critical 2: Web Snare: Affliction 10, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 4, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-up 2, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 2 (+12), Deception 8 (+8), Expertise: Heroes/Villains 1 (+10), Expertise: Journalism 1 (+10), Insight 5 (+6), Investigation 10 (+10/+19), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 8 (+8)

Powers
    Attack Powers
    . . Spider-Strike: Damage 10 (symbiote, alien, DC 25; Accurate 6: +12, Multiattack)
    . . Web Pull: Move Object 7 (symbiote, alien, 3 tons; Accurate 8: +16, Multiattack)
    . . Web Snare: Affliction 10 (symbiote, alien, 1st degree: Dazed, Impaired, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Accurate 6: +12, Alternate Resistance: Dodge, Extra Condition 2, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Physical Actions Only, Limited Degree)
    Morphic Clothing: Feature 1 (symbiote, alien)
    Quick Change: Feature 1 (symbiote, alien)
    Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (symbiote, alien, Every 10 rounds; Persistent)
    Savvy Journalist: Enhanced Intellect 9 (+9 INT; Limited 2: Expertise Skills Only)
    Spider-Agility: Enhanced Trait 51 (symbiote, alien, Agility +10 (+10), Parry +14 (+14), Dodge +4 (+14), Advantages: Agile Feint, Improved Critical 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-up 2, Takedown 2)
    Spider-Jump: Leaping 2 (symbiote, alien, Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
    Spider-Sense: Senses 1 (symbiote, alien, Danger Sense: Choose Sense Type, Advantages: Assessment, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 4, Uncanny Dodge)
    Spider-Speed: Speed 1 (symbiote, alien, Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
    Spider-Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 (symbiote, alien, +8 STR; Limited to Lifting)
    Spider-Toughness: Enhanced Trait 19 (symbiote, alien, Stamina +5 (+8), Will +9 (+11))
    Wall-Crawling: Movement 1 (symbiote, alien, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
    Web Swing: Movement 1 (symbiote, alien, Swinging)

Equipment
    Camera, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Press Pass 1

Offense
    Initiative +26
    Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
    Spider-Strike: Damage 10, +12 (DC 25)
    Throw, +0 (DC 15)
    Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)
    Web Pull: Move Object 7, +15 (DC 17)
    Web Snare: Affliction 10, +12 (DC Dog 20)

Complications
    Identity: Jimmy Olsen, Daily Planet Reporter
    Motivation: Doing Good
    Motivation: Recognition: As Jimmy Olsen, craves the respect of his professional peers
    As Spider-Man, craves the respect of other superheroes, particularly Superman
    Power Loss: If alien symbiote is separated from Jimmy, he loses his powers as Spider-Man (all powers with the Symbiote descriptor)
    Responsibility: Job at the Daily Planet
    Weakness: Fire and Sonic effects can remove, harm, or even kill Jimmy's symbiote

Languages
    English

Defense
    Dodge 14/10, Parry 14/0, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8, Will 11/2

Power Points
    Abilities 8 + Powers 141 + Advantages 5 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 3 = 177

Validation: Attack Powers - Web Pull: Move Object 7: Attack Bonus exceeds Power Level limit by 1

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
    Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

29. - Top - End - #299

All riiiiiiiight!

WATCHMEN! GET AT ME!
    Is this concurrent with the Iceberg Lounge interlude, or afterwards?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
    Is this concurrent with the Iceberg Lounge interlude, or afterwards?
    Afterward. I believe the Iceberg Lounge was deliberately left as it was in order to push onto our thread without having to tie up a scene that was made strictly for the to-be-Watchment to interact with each other.

Hopefully I got all that right Herod. Lemme know if I didn't.