New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Character Background Help - Gnome Vigilante?

So I'm going to start playing in a fresh Pathfinder game and I've decided to play a vigilante, and to up the ante, make him a gnome. However, I can't come up with a good idea for why he's a vigilante since I was told that we're going to be playing in the Kingmaker adventure path.
    The best idea I've come up with is that he wants to have more then 1 life worth of experiences and covering his other identity would be fun. I've thought that maybe he's a smith of some kind during the day; or perhaps he wants to make his own mafia or something of the like. I've been told that so as long as I'm not disruptive, I can play an evil alignment as the vigilante persona. So basically what I'm asking for help is that I can't come up with an idea as for why a vigilante would be out at an outpost within Kingmaker or why one of the personas has the contract.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Character Background Help - Gnome Vigilante?

Heroes of the High Court actually has the perfect archetype for this situation and the Kingmaker AP: Dragonscale Loyalist. You´re a minor noble Swordlord by day and an agent for the breezy crown by night. Fits pretty well to this AP and how it´ll develop.