The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1356

Thread: Civiron's Realm

  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Entrance -> Clearing]

    Ithuriel does not spook easy. In fact, as she follows along after Nyaku, her posture visibly relaxes and her pace slows slightly. Despite her glowiness, which becomes much more obvious in the shade, she still feels much more at home in the dark.

    The mysterious dragging and thumping noise is a little more peculiar, but surely Nyaku would nyalert- Ithuriel pauses to shake her head, goodness that way of talking was infectious! Surely Nyaku would alert her if there was anything dangerous about.

    "This place is nice. Does Naku live somewhere around here then? Is that her making that noise?" she asks, looking around to see if she can catch sight of the source of it.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "Well, I think they just wanted to chat with you, Miss. I thought that would be fine for you. So...yeah, that's all." Gara's not really been sure how to address Civvy. She said not to be formal, but she's still Gara's boss. She can't help but be a little formal.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "Yeah, Cheasadh was very curious about you because she really likes pink," Brinika explains. "But I was curious too. Gara said you were very pink. And that there was a pink fox-lady. Does she work for you too?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    "Pink's my favourite colour, and this is place is so pretty. Lots of pink, but enough shades and difference in the colours to keep it pretty and not just being, like, all pink." There's nothing wrong with 'all pink', but getting the definition in the flowers, and seeing clouds against the sky is a good idea.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  5. - Top - End - #1325
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Entrance -> Clearing]

    Ithuriel does not spook easy. In fact, as she follows along after Nyaku, her posture visibly relaxes and her pace slows slightly. Despite her glowiness, which becomes much more obvious in the shade, she still feels much more at home in the dark.

    The mysterious dragging and thumping noise is a little more peculiar, but surely Nyaku would nyalert- Ithuriel pauses to shake her head, goodness that way of talking was infectious! Surely Nyaku would alert her if there was anything dangerous about.

    "This place is nice. Does Naku live somewhere around here then? Is that her making that noise?" she asks, looking around to see if she can catch sight of the source of it.
    Spooky Clearing

    Unfortunately for Ithuriel, Nyaku's a catgirl. While they were still several paces from the clearing, the moment Ithuriel looked away for any reason -- a blink, looking around, doesn't matter to her --, Nyaku simply vanished like the cat she kind of is. Which means, of course, that no answers would be forthcoming.

    So what's up next is up to Ithuriel, and just how well she can look through magically created darkness. If she can, then she might recognize that it is, in fact, Naku dragging some fairly massive logs over into a pile.
    But it is shockingly powerful magic being used to generate the darkness, so she may not be able to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

    "Well, I think they just wanted to chat with you, Miss. I thought that would be fine for you. So...yeah, that's all." Gara's not really been sure how to address Civvy. She said not to be formal, but she's still Gara's boss. She can't help but be a little formal.
    Civvy smiles, very obviously unconcerned about exactly how she's addressed. She decides to simply give it a bit. Gara will find out where she's comfortable, and that will be perfect.
    "Yes, of course! I love visitors!" She claps her hands together, and rotates on the stone bench she's sitting on to face everyone more fully.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    "Yeah, Cheasadh was very curious about you because she really likes pink," Brinika explains. "But I was curious too. Gara said you were very pink. And that there was a pink fox-lady. Does she work for you too?"
    "You must be speaking about Nurse." Civvy nods a few times. "She sort of works for me, yes. More of a works 'with', than works 'for', though."

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    "Pink's my favourite colour, and this is place is so pretty. Lots of pink, but enough shades and difference in the colours to keep it pretty and not just being, like, all pink." There's nothing wrong with 'all pink', but getting the definition in the flowers, and seeing clouds against the sky is a good idea.
    "Well," Civvy breaks into a wide smile. "You have excellent taste in favorite color! Thank you so much! I'm truly glad you like it! I've spent a long time trying to make it nice here; and it's wonderful to hear that it's enjoyable." Then she nods a few more times. "All pink would be fun; but you need some other colors to really let things shine, you know? Life needs contrasts. It's what makes everything special."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    Gara curls up and settles down where she’s sitting. She’ll let the girls talk for a while; she doesn’t have much to add.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "Goblins don't wear a lot of pink, so Cheasadh stands out. But Aunt Reelshka says it's good, because goblins need new ideas and we have as much fashion sense as gremlins." She pauses. "But she says this kind of stuff a lot. Is Nurse a goddess too?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  8. - Top - End - #1328
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    "Yeah, they wear a lot of brown and grey and greyish brown and brownish grey." I'm not sure of the difference between those last two. "What's a gremlin? I don't think I've met one." She might have, but she can't remember meeting one. If she has, she didn't realise what it was. And it's probably polite- or at least, not too rude- to ask what somebody is, in the Nexus. There's a lot of possibilities, and not all of them fit people you might be familiar with.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  9. - Top - End - #1329
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devixer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I go places

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Definitely Not Normal Forest

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Indeed! Nothing is ever simple!
    The clearing is quite dark indeed, almost as though night had fallen only in the large, open area only.
    From somewhere in the back, a slow dragging noise, followed by a loud thump can be heard, the sound of a few hundred pounds of . . . something, being dropped off for . . . processing.
    Iamar glares, and begins to draw her sword. Clearly, she needs to at least see what is going on here. And put a stop to it, if necessary. She continues through the clearing.
    King Dedede avatar by Recaiden


  10. - Top - End - #1330
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    Well, that's strange. Darn catgirls, vanishing like that.

    Magical darkness is...interesting. Your basic magical darkness probably doesn't do much to Ithuriel, but super-powerful magical darkness is a different matter! She frowns as she finds her vision cut very short, barely stretching out further than she can reach out with her hand.

    Well, she could flare up the ol' angelic aura and make herself a nice big bubble of light, but that feels somehow wrong in this situation. However this place has been set up, it's been set up this way because that's how Naku wants it. It'd feel intrusive to disrupt the peace of the darkness.

    Thankfully Ithuriel's other senses are very well honed too. Using her very limited vision range and her hearing to direct her steadily towards the presumed Naku-sounds, Ithuriel makes her way over until she judges she's within earshot of the source. "Naku, is that you?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  11. - Top - End - #1331
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

    Gara curls up and settles down where she’s sitting. She’ll let the girls talk for a while; she doesn’t have much to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    "Goblins don't wear a lot of pink, so Cheasadh stands out. But Aunt Reelshka says it's good, because goblins need new ideas and we have as much fashion sense as gremlins." She pauses. "But she says this kind of stuff a lot. Is Nurse a goddess too?"
    "She's . . . not precisely. She's more of a primal force of existence.
    But yes! You should wear whatever you like, and whatever makes you happy! Is there anything I can help with that? I can offer quite a few clothing options."


    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    "Yeah, they wear a lot of brown and grey and greyish brown and brownish grey." I'm not sure of the difference between those last two. "What's a gremlin? I don't think I've met one." She might have, but she can't remember meeting one. If she has, she didn't realise what it was. And it's probably polite- or at least, not too rude- to ask what somebody is, in the Nexus. There's a lot of possibilities, and not all of them fit people you might be familiar with.
    Civvy nods a few times. "Well, I can offer any in just about any of the shades you see around you now in the garden, should either or both of you like."

    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Definitely Not Normal Forest

    Iamar glares, and begins to draw her sword. Clearly, she needs to at least see what is going on here. And put a stop to it, if necessary. She continues through the clearing.
    The Spooky Clearing

    The same moment as Iamar's sword begins to leave its sheath, all noises in the clearning simply stop.
    The darkness deepens, and the air becomes a bit colder. Otherwise, nothing. No birds, no movement, just . . . nothing, aside from Iamar herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

    Well, that's strange. Darn catgirls, vanishing like that.

    Magical darkness is...interesting. Your basic magical darkness probably doesn't do much to Ithuriel, but super-powerful magical darkness is a different matter! She frowns as she finds her vision cut very short, barely stretching out further than she can reach out with her hand.

    Well, she could flare up the ol' angelic aura and make herself a nice big bubble of light, but that feels somehow wrong in this situation. However this place has been set up, it's been set up this way because that's how Naku wants it. It'd feel intrusive to disrupt the peace of the darkness.

    Thankfully Ithuriel's other senses are very well honed too. Using her very limited vision range and her hearing to direct her steadily towards the presumed Naku-sounds, Ithuriel makes her way over until she judges she's within earshot of the source. "Naku, is that you?"
    "Oh!" Comes the surprised noise from Naku, and the darkness starts to lift, at least enough that it's dim, more than truly dark. Naku's eyes' glow fades in proportion to the light that floods back into the clearing. "Oh, Ithuriel." And she drops the very large log she had been dragging across the field with a ground shaking thud. "Um, w-welcome."

    Behind her stands what appears to be the framework of the first floor of a very, very large house that she's obviously in the middle of constructing.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #1332
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devixer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I go places

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    The Spooky Clearing

    Iamar barely even reacts. So whatever was here knew that she was here too. That was fine by her. She just need to get it out here...

    "Whatever you are, I do not fear you," she says. "Come out and strike at me, should you dare."
    King Dedede avatar by Recaiden


  13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    Brinika looks down at herself.

    "I don't know how pink would work with grey skin. Besides, I shouldn't copy Cheasadh's style." She grins toothily. "Gremlins are creatures that live in really deep places. They're like grey blobs with big teeth and claws that can change shape, grow bigger or smaller. They're supposed to be hungry all the time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  14. - Top - End - #1334
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    Cheasadh will grab the sleeve of her dress and hold it up to Brinika's skin. "Yeah, it's not that great. Maybe as an accessory with other colours as your main clothing? But I don't think it'd suit you as a main colour. Unless you went, like, purple or lilac, maybe?" She's not really very good at fashion, since she tends to go for pink exclusively.

    "Those sound even less fashionable than goblins." Gremlins don't sound very nice, at all.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  15. - Top - End - #1335
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    Well, this is only slightly awkward.

    ...

    No no, don't just stand there awkwardly in your robes, Ithuriel, say something!

    "Oh, hey, it was you. Hi Naku. Nyaku said I'd find you h-" She pauses and glances behind her, as if expecting the catgirl to reappear at any moment. "I assume you're aware there's a catgirl who kinda looks like you and shares your nyame- agh, name I mean! I- do you want a hand with that log at all?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  16. - Top - End - #1336
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    The Spooky Clearing

    Iamar barely even reacts. So whatever was here knew that she was here too. That was fine by her. She just need to get it out here...

    "Whatever you are, I do not fear you," she says. "Come out and strike at me, should you dare."
    Spooky Clearing

    "Mmmmm. Good." Comes a . . . well. Fairly familiar voice. From . . . somewhere. Impossible to tell where exactly. The sound just radiates from the darkness.
    Though gosh it sounds probably somewhat familiar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    Brinika looks down at herself.

    "I don't know how pink would work with grey skin. Besides, I shouldn't copy Cheasadh's style." She grins toothily. "Gremlins are creatures that live in really deep places. They're like grey blobs with big teeth and claws that can change shape, grow bigger or smaller. They're supposed to be hungry all the time."
    "Well, never know until you try! And you could always try dark pink, if you wish! That might work quite well!" Civvy doesn't have much for that second half though. That was a lot of teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    Cheasadh will grab the sleeve of her dress and hold it up to Brinika's skin. "Yeah, it's not that great. Maybe as an accessory with other colours as your main clothing? But I don't think it'd suit you as a main colour. Unless you went, like, purple or lilac, maybe?" She's not really very good at fashion, since she tends to go for pink exclusively.

    "Those sound even less fashionable than goblins." Gremlins don't sound very nice, at all.
    "Exactly!" That was exactly what she said! "Are you wanting to be a Sage someday? I truly think you're well on your way. Wise beyond your years."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

    Well, this is only slightly awkward.

    ...

    No no, don't just stand there awkwardly in your robes, Ithuriel, say something!

    "Oh, hey, it was you. Hi Naku. Nyaku said I'd find you h-" She pauses and glances behind her, as if expecting the catgirl to reappear at any moment. "I assume you're aware there's a catgirl who kinda looks like you and shares your nyame- agh, name I mean! I- do you want a hand with that log at all?"
    ". . . who said you'd find me here?
    There's . . . a what?"
    Naku asks, so horribly, horribly confused, vanishing in a heavy puff of snowflakes from where she had been, to closer to where Ithuriel is.
    Seems like Naku does not, in fact, know about her catgirl counterpart.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "I do like purple. Dark pink's not that far away," Brinika says. She is wearing purple right now. "I can always try on some of Cheasadh's things to see how they fit."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    "You're more than welcome to try my clothes, Brinika. And gremlins don't sound very friendly." And that's not nice. Cheasadh's quite interested in being friendly. At least, she is now she's been separated from her more sinister birth family.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  19. - Top - End - #1339
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    "Wait, what? You didn't know about- ack!" The confusion at Naku's response is just enough to catch the angel off-guard when she snowflake-puffs her way across, causing Ithuriel to rather unceremoniously fall onto her backside.

    How very angelic.

    "I- well, I hope I'm not going crazy. When I came through the portal, I was met by a catgirl who calls herself Nyaku and looks, uh, like you if you were cat-y, I guess? She led me here. I, uh, I don't think I could've hallucinated all that, but I guess I don't really know what effects this realm might be having on me?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  20. - Top - End - #1340
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    "I do like purple. Dark pink's not that far away," Brinika says. She is wearing purple right now. "I can always try on some of Cheasadh's things to see how they fit."
    "Exactly! See? There you go! Perfect!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    "You're more than welcome to try my clothes, Brinika. And gremlins don't sound very friendly." And that's not nice. Cheasadh's quite interested in being friendly. At least, she is now she's been separated from her more sinister birth family.
    Civvy just nods a few times. It's not her place to offer anyone else's clothing, but this seems like a fine exchange!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

    "Wait, what? You didn't know about- ack!" The confusion at Naku's response is just enough to catch the angel off-guard when she snowflake-puffs her way across, causing Ithuriel to rather unceremoniously fall onto her backside.

    How very angelic.

    "I- well, I hope I'm not going crazy. When I came through the portal, I was met by a catgirl who calls herself Nyaku and looks, uh, like you if you were cat-y, I guess? She led me here. I, uh, I don't think I could've hallucinated all that, but I guess I don't really know what effects this realm might be having on me?"
    Ooooooh Civvy's gonna be mad at Ithuriel for spilling the cat out of the bag on this one!
    Naku tilts her head, her thick, dark purple hair obscuring her red irised eyes for a moment.
    "I - . . . will admit I do not understand. But I trust you, and believe what you say. I will speak to My Lady about it next we converse." Naku does, at least, offer a hand to help her up!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  21. - Top - End - #1341
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    Oops. Good thing Ithuriel's not aware of this and won't be around when Civvy finds ou-

    "Will you be seeing her any time soon? I'd like to meet her. Uh, if I may, that is."

    Oh, well, okay then. I'm sure that will end well.

    Ithuriel accepts the hand-up with an awkward smile. "Thank you. Sorry about that. I didn't know you could teleport like that. Seems useful. I wouldn't mind being able to do that!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "Gremlins aren't friendly at all. I've heard that all they want to do is eat," Brinika says, nodding. "What are you a goddess of, besides pink? Because Cheasadh was very interested in the pink thing, but I've never heard a goddess of just a color before."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    "Well, she's the goddess of bubble dragons." Since the only bubble dragon they've met worked for her, that seems a viable domain for Civvy to have.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  24. - Top - End - #1344
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

    Oops. Good thing Ithuriel's not aware of this and won't be around when Civvy finds ou-

    "Will you be seeing her any time soon? I'd like to meet her. Uh, if I may, that is."

    Oh, well, okay then. I'm sure that will end well.

    Ithuriel accepts the hand-up with an awkward smile. "Thank you. Sorry about that. I didn't know you could teleport like that. Seems useful. I wouldn't mind being able to do that!"
    Spooky Clearing

    "I had not planned anything specific." Naku admits with a shrug. "But My Lady calls upon me frequently, and in exchange I am sure I could request her presence. Especially, and I," Naku glances around slightly, the ghost of a smile touching her lips. "Did not say this, but she does seem to enjoy meeting newcomers."

    Ithuriel finds that Naku's hand is, surprisingly, quite cool. Not strictly cold, but several degrees lower than a normal human's hand would be. Her hand is also fairly calloused, and has more than a few faint scars around the knuckles and backs of her hands. "No, no, I apologize. I should have realized, and not . . . simply . . ." She struggles for a moment, trying to fish for the correct term. "pounced that upon you."

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    "Gremlins aren't friendly at all. I've heard that all they want to do is eat," Brinika says, nodding. "What are you a goddess of, besides pink? Because Cheasadh was very interested in the pink thing, but I've never heard a goddess of just a color before."
    Civvy frowns. "Not friendly though? Hmmmm.
    Oh! Me?"
    Civvy smiles happily. On the one hand, always kind of self conscious about talking about herself, but also wanting to answer an honest question.
    "I am the goddess of Hope. Pink is . . . more of a side project, because I just very very much like the color.
    You ever hope for something, don't you worry,"
    Civvy boops the side of her nose, a brief shower of sparkles in the air at the touch. "I've got your back~"

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    "Well, she's the goddess of bubble dragons." Since the only bubble dragon they've met worked for her, that seems a viable domain for Civvy to have.
    Civvy lets out a very very happy giggle at that. "I just offer them a free, safe place to stay. I am definitely not their goddess though. Well. If they willingly choose to follow, then I suppose I am! But it's not part of my offering them a place to live."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "I hoped for a sibling once, and now I have one! So that worked out," Brinika says with a broad grin. "Cheasadh really likes pink too, so you've got that in common."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  26. - Top - End - #1346
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Town

    Cheasadh smiles at Civiron, and will also go to hug Brinika for the kind things she said. "If I had to give Hope a colour, I think it probably would be pink. Not pastel pink, but a bright, vibrant shade, y'know?" She's going to look around, trying to see if she can find the right shade of pink she means.

    Goddess of Hope... She really likes the sound of that. When she hid in the cupboard, after her parents were killed, she hoped desperately for rescue and it came. Admittedly, then she was adopted by several people, not all of whom were very good parents, but she's still got hope for the future.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  27. - Top - End - #1347
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    Ithuriel grins and taps a finger to her lips. Message received. Naku's secretive comments about Civvy are safe with her!

    "Oh, no, don't worry. I should be, uh more alert to pouncing." She chuckles, scratching the back of her head, possibly just a tad embarrassed at her own carelessness. By contrast her own hand is unnaturally smooth and, while not actually any warmer than one would expect, there's still a sort of comforting warmth that's generally felt upon touching her - her faint holy aura that always exists to some greater or lesser extent providing a general soft feeling of calmness and comfort.

    "I guess I was too at ease. This place reminds me of old haunts."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  28. - Top - End - #1348
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

    Ithuriel grins and taps a finger to her lips. Message received. Naku's secretive comments about Civvy are safe with her!

    "Oh, no, don't worry. I should be, uh more alert to pouncing." She chuckles, scratching the back of her head, possibly just a tad embarrassed at her own carelessness. By contrast her own hand is unnaturally smooth and, while not actually any warmer than one would expect, there's still a sort of comforting warmth that's generally felt upon touching her - her faint holy aura that always exists to some greater or lesser extent providing a general soft feeling of calmness and comfort.

    "I guess I was too at ease. This place reminds me of old haunts."
    Naku nods a few times, easily helping Ithuriel to her feet, before nodding once. "I understand that. I . . . prefer the dim. It is simply more . . . soothing.
    You were a ghost?"
    Naku asks, curiously, head tilting to one side, in an attempt to make conversation! She's not very good at it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

    "I hoped for a sibling once, and now I have one! So that worked out," Brinika says with a broad grin. "Cheasadh really likes pink too, so you've got that in common."
    "I am very glad to hear that! Siblings are great, and I'm thrilled you've got one now!
    Especially,"
    Civvy grins happily. "one with such good taste."

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

    Cheasadh smiles at Civiron, and will also go to hug Brinika for the kind things she said. "If I had to give Hope a colour, I think it probably would be pink. Not pastel pink, but a bright, vibrant shade, y'know?" She's going to look around, trying to see if she can find the right shade of pink she means.

    Goddess of Hope... She really likes the sound of that. When she hid in the cupboard, after her parents were killed, she hoped desperately for rescue and it came. Admittedly, then she was adopted by several people, not all of whom were very good parents, but she's still got hope for the future.
    Civvy nods a few times, and it is very obvious very quickly that while Civvy likes her pastel pinks, more vibrant shades are her love. "Absolutely! What excellent taste!
    I love both of you very much!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  29. - Top - End - #1349
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Spooky Clearing]

    "Very soothing, yes. I know exactly what you mean. I don't- I-" Ithuriel frowns and pauses. Despite their apparent similarities, they've clearly had very different experiences with vampirism. "Okay, I don't know what it's like for you, but when I was a vampire I had to sleep in a coffin. And while I don't need it any more, I still have it there, and I use it sometimes. It's dark. It's quiet. It's...very comforting." She pauses and gives an amused smile. "Oh, no, haunt is just a- somewhere I spent a lot of time. I've been a vampire, a demon, an angel and a were-rhino, but never a ghost. Well I'm still an angel and a were-rhino, but-" Ithuriel sighs, feeling like she's rambling and possibly not doing a very good job of making conversation either.

    For some reason there's just something distracting about Naku...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Civiron's Realm

    [Town]

    "She really is your kind of goddess, Cheasadh," Brinika says, her ears perking up. "Mom and dad did say you don't need to follow the goblin gods if you don't want to. The One Below, or the Earth Queen, or the Spirit in Gears, or others. I like the Earth Queen best. The One Below feels creepy and the Spirit in Gears is just weird."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •