New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    House Hunting

With a grin, Nyaku takes another step back, and spreads her feet slightly, falling into a stance with her right arm raised above her head, ice guitar-pick pinched between her thumb and first finger.
    Her fingers work quite quickly, and for several seconds, the only movement from her is from her fingers, dancing around the fret board of the guitar.
    Doesn't last long though, as she just cannot resist headbanging to the music approximately 11 seconds into the song.
    Seeing her mass of dark purple hair flying around would be pretty amusing, but she is actually really, really good at this . . . To the point a small crowd gathers.

Forest

"Yup, thanks, I'll pass on that." Grace replies with a bit of a laugh. "Though I would love to hear about the doggy, please."
    House Hunting Turned Metal Album

The first lesson Harold learned under his previous employer was to roll with the punches. However, nothing could have prepared him for the next few minutes. Harold, trying to look inconspicuous while still banging his head, somehow gets drawn into the mosh pit. With no exit to a less destructive place in sight in sight, Harold joins in the subsequent moshing.

Forest

Though the tales you've probably heard regale Cerberus with an air of mythic stoicism as the Hade's chosen guardian of the damned, the thing was practically a puppy. You should have seen its battle with Hercules, it batted him around like a yarn ball. What the tales don't say is the translated version of Three-Headed guard dog of hades. Did you know that "Cerberus" in English is "Spotted"? Hades, the great god of the underworld, named his dog Spot! I have not heard a better joke based in irony since I figured this one out.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    House Hunting Turned Metal Album

The first lesson Harold learned under his previous employer was to roll with the punches. However, nothing could have prepared him for the next few minutes. Harold, trying to look inconspicuous while still banging his head, somehow gets drawn into the mosh pit. With no exit to a less destructive place in sight in sight, Harold joins in the subsequent moshing.

Forest

Though the tales you've probably heard regale Cerberus with an air of mythic stoicism as the Hade's chosen guardian of the damned, the thing was practically a puppy. You should have seen its battle with Hercules, it batted him around like a yarn ball. What the tales don't say is the translated version of Three-Headed guard dog of hades. Did you know that "Cerberus" in English is "Spotted"? Hades, the great god of the underworld, named his dog Spot! I have not heard a better joke based in irony since I figured this one out.
    House Hunting X-Treem

As the final notes fade away, Nyaku stands there looking down at the ground, her hair an absolute mess, and her pick-hand raised above her.
    After another moment or two, and with a fairly loud cracking of ice sound, the guitar and amp both vanish.
    Nyaku runs a hand through her hair as she stands back up, getting it at least out of her face.
    ". . . yeah so anyway, that's the style." She comments, as the crowd disperses.

Forest

"I never knew he basically acted like a puppy. I did know that his name means Spot. That always struck me as rather amusing."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hunting: Post Rock Hangover

Harold is on the ground at this point. Bruised, cut, and cramped six ways to Sunday.

Ugghhh, brains... Harold says in a groggy accent. Then he stands up, rather slowly, and says: I think that was a little too intense for me.

As he says that sentence, a rather large lump on his forehead seems to... contract. Now that Nyaku can see him in his entirety, the various cuts and bruises seem to be healing before her very eyes.

I don't think I can outdo you, but I can put up a follow up act.

Harold then reaches into the air himself. Actually he reaches his hand into a particularly shady spot. His hand seems to melt into it, and after a few seconds of searching, he pulls two things from the shadows: an ornate PURE GOLD FLUTE (TALKIN' LIKE A BAJILLION DOLLARS IT LOOKS SO NICE), and a simple silver oak leaf pendant. He throws the silver pendant on the ground, and stomps on it. Smoke immediately blooms from it, and where one Harold once stood now stands one Harold and a small cadre of handsome men who appear to be in their twenties holding various instruments.

Harold then says: Right, gents, Bouree?

Bouree. all of the men say at once. Kind of eerie actually.

Then Harold puts his lips to the flute, and time seems to stop as he starts playing Bouree, and the only word to describe this is beautiful. As he continues to play, blue green energy coalesces around Harold, and starts to take form. It shows the visage of a man, a deformed man, hunched over and covered in pustules. The man appears to be made fun of, and even ridiculed. Night seems to pass on the quasi real "stage", and the man greeted as to what appears to be a beautiful woman. They spend the night together, and when the sun starts to rise, a hooded figure riding a canoe with eyes that shed a blue hue comes to take the woman away. The ugly man refuses to let her go, and runs away with her. Days and nights with this woman seem to change the man and the woman, however, turning the ugly man into a beast with horns and the woman into a flower. The ugly man is then greeted by the townsfolk, and they try to kill him and burn the flower. The man protects the flower with his life and dies. The woman turned flower is saddened by this, and returns the man from the grave back to life. The man, glad to be back with his love, has changed though. He grew in both size and malice, and his shape seems to be made entirely of shadows. After embracing the flower, he goes back to the town, and visits unholy wrath among them. The woman protests, but the Shadow man locks her away in a tower, and then moves on to more worlds, more places until his gaze turns upon what appears to be a lovely meadow. He visits this place, but as soon as he takes one step onto the field, something strange happens. While the other "actors" on the stage have vague, undefined forms, what is obviously Civiron walks and emits a golden glow. The Shadow man runs away, only to be followed by a vague form that can probably be determined to be Naku. She follows the Shadow man into the prison where he had previously locked his flower love away in. Naku then proceeds to break the bars that lock away the flower girl, and just as the flower girl relishes in freedom, Naku cuts her in half. The Shadow man then walks behind her, and falls over with grief, tears in his eyes, and Naku proceeds to cut him in half as well. The illusion stops, and Harold is left alone.

Huh. Did something just happen there? The magic vibe I'm getting off this place has gotten all weird.

Forest

Hmf. I thought so too. It is almost as vindictive as- The Riverman stops considering one of the bubble dragins, and sharply turned his head to one side.

That music. That flute. I have only heard its like once before. Do you hear it?

EDIT: Okay, why does it bleep out the word that is synonymous for chicken when your using it as a synonym for "turned his head to one side?"
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-01-18 at 08:26 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

4. - Top - End - #694

House Hunting: Post Rock Hangover

Harold is on the ground at this point. Bruised, cut, and cramped six ways to Sunday.

Ugghhh, brains... Harold says in a groggy accent. Then he stands up, rather slowly, and says: I think that was a little too intense for me.

As he says that sentence, a rather large lump on his forehead seems to... contract. Now that Nyaku can see him in his entirety, the various cuts and bruises seem to be healing before her very eyes.

I don't think I can outdo you, but I can put up a follow up act.

Harold then reaches into the air himself. Actually he reaches his hand into a particularly shady spot. His hand seems to melt into it, and after a few seconds of searching, he pulls two things from the shadows: an ornate PURE GOLD FLUTE (TALKIN' LIKE A BAJILLION DOLLARS IT LOOKS SO NICE), and a simple silver oak leaf pendant. He throws the silver pendant on the ground, and stomps on it. Smoke immediately blooms from it, and where one Harold once stood now stands one Harold and a small cadre of handsome men who appear to be in their twenties holding various instruments.

Harold then says: Right, gents, Bouree?

Bouree. all of the men say at once. Kind of eerie actually.

Then Harold puts his lips to the flute, and time seems to stop as he starts playing Bouree, and the only word to describe this is beautiful. As he continues to play, blue green energy coalesces around Harold, and starts to take form. It shows the visage of a man, a deformed man, hunched over and covered in pustules. The man appears to be made fun of, and even ridiculed. Night seems to pass on the quasi real "stage", and the man greeted as to what appears to be a beautiful woman. They spend the night together, and when the sun starts to rise, a hooded figure riding a canoe with eyes that shed a blue hue comes to take the woman away. The ugly man refuses to let her go, and runs away with her. Days and nights with this woman seem to change the man and the woman, however, turning the ugly man into a beast with horns and the woman into a flower. The ugly man is then greeted by the townsfolk, and they try to kill him and burn the flower. The man protects the flower with his life and dies. The woman turned flower is saddened by this, and returns the man from the grave back to life. The man, glad to be back with his love, has changed though. He grew in both size and malice, and his shape seems to be made entirely of shadows. After embracing the flower, he goes back to the town, and visits unholy wrath among them. The woman protests, but the Shadow man locks her away in a tower, and then moves on to more worlds, more places until his gaze turns upon what appears to be a lovely meadow. He visits this place, but as soon as he takes one step onto the field, something strange happens. While the other "actors" on the stage have vague, undefined forms, what is obviously Civiron walks and emits a golden glow. The Shadow man runs away, only to be followed by a vague form that can probably be determined to be Naku. She follows the Shadow man into the prison where he had previously locked his flower love away in. Naku then proceeds to break the bars that lock away the flower girl, and just as the flower girl relishes in freedom, Naku cuts her in half. The Shadow man then walks behind her, and falls over with grief, tears in his eyes, and Naku proceeds to cut him in half as well. The illusion stops, and Harold is left alone.

Huh. Did something just happen there? The magic vibe I'm getting off this place has gotten all weird.

Forest

Hmf. I thought so too. It is almost as vindictive as- The Riverman stops considering one of the bubble dragins, and sharply turned his head to one side.

That music. That flute. I have only heard its like once before. Do you hear it?

EDIT: Okay, why does it bleep out the word that is synonymous for chicken when your using it as a synonym for "turned his head to one side?"
    House Hunting

Harold being left alone is actually correct. As Nyaku is also suddenly absolutely no where to be found. Hard to tell what happened to her exactly. She's just no longer there.

Forest

"Afraid I didn't. What was it?" Grace asks, tilting her own head to the side to try to listen. Stupid ears not working right all the time.

Yeaaah. Which is why the word 'tilted' gets used a whole bunch.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hunting

Harold being left alone is actually correct. As Nyaku is also suddenly absolutely no where to be found. Hard to tell what happened to her exactly. She's just no longer there.

Forest

"Afraid I didn't. What was it?" Grace asks, tilting her own head to the side to try to listen. Stupid ears not working right all the time.

Yeaaah. Which is why the word 'tilted' gets used a whole bunch.
    House Hunting

Uhhh... hello? Is anybody there? Harold asks, hesitantly.

Forest

The Riverman's cane starts to darken from a a pure white to a twisted blue. Rot seeps into the wood in seconds until the cane is no more. he turns to Grace with a serpintine... well grace, and says in a hushed tone: That flute... the man who is playing it... you have no idea what he's done. I must see him.

The Riverman then floats to Grace, a few inches off of the ground, and says: HEAR.

The Riverman's magics are not meant to hinder, but to help Grace's hearing. She can probably resist it, The Riverman isn't forcing the issue. His intent is to increase Grace's hearing for a limited amount of time, just enough so she can give RM a direction to start on.

6. - Top - End - #696

House Hunting

Uhhh... hello? Is anybody there? Harold asks, hesitantly.

Forest

The Riverman's cane starts to darken from a a pure white to a twisted blue. Rot seeps into the wood in seconds until the cane is no more. he turns to Grace with a serpintine... well grace, and says in a hushed tone: That flute... the man who is playing it... you have no idea what he's done. I must see him.

The Riverman then floats to Grace, a few inches off of the ground, and says: HEAR.

The Riverman's magics are not meant to hinder, but to help Grace's hearing. She can probably resist it, The Riverman isn't forcing the issue. His intent is to increase Grace's hearing for a limited amount of time, just enough so she can give RM a direction to start on.
    House Hunting

Probably a few leftover NPCs. But other than that, no one of note.

Forest

"Oh. That way. Probably middle of town." Grace says, pointing off in the direction of the town. "If it's that important, you should probably just go. I'll catch up."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

The Riverman bolts, not figurative there. For a second it seems that he turns into lightning, and in a flash (Hehe, get it?) he's in town.

House Hunting

Woah, really windy all of a sudde- harold starts until a hooded figure in a blue robe appears in front of him.

Oh. You're here... maybe you're willing to talk this time? Harold says.

You are lucky I am a guest here, or your skull would be decorating that hideously small house behind you.

It's not hideously small, it's... hey you're actually talking!

BE SILENT

Silence.

Adjudicator of this realm, lord of the hopeful souls passing through, I summon thy proxy, thy visage, to pass judgment for a soul out of my reach. CIVIRON, CIVIRON, CIVIRON, lady of the meadow fields, and the peaceful winds, CIVIRON, CIVIRON, CIVIRON, grant me thy blessing to smite this man, THY PRESENCE IS REQUIRED, THY VISAGE INQUIRED. COME TO ME, YOUR COUNCIL I REQUIRE. I BID THEE, CIVIRON, CIVIRON, CIVIRON, BY THY NAME AND POWER I SUMMON YOU, THRICE I DO ASK AND DONE!

Town

No, that's not how it happened. There was no visiting god, no dark lord over shadows, no bride trapped in a flower. Tales like this should not be told in such a candid setting, and without warning. says a voice.

The source of the voice looks human, if rather small, and wears a purple suit and a black top hat.

Well, the part about the shadow god was true enough, that fight DID happen. The whole business of this "bride" and such is all false, Harold's probably around here somewhere.

The man is also in possession of a rather fancy looking cane, and gold hilted rapier.

Goodness I have no idea who I'm even talking to. Or if anybody is here. That illusion became too real, too quick. I must be growing stale with age.

The man clacks his cane on the ground. It's loud.

So real in fact, that I imagine you might be around, M'Lady Civ.

The man smiles. He's got a nice smile.

Allow me introduce myself, and please forgive my strange intrusion, my name is Doctor Jacobs.

He tips his hat in a random direction.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-01-18 at 10:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698

Flower Garden

Jiao wakes up with a gasp. He looks up at the sky. Midday? Was he unconscious for that long?

He scrambles to a sitting position and feels his chest. No arrow sticking out of him, no blood. Not even his robe is torn. For all intents and purposes, he looks like he just woke up from a nap. There are no armies nearby, either. This place looks quite peaceful, infact. Maybe...

"What is... have I passed?" he mutters to the wind.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-01-23 at 08:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699

Town

No, that's not how it happened. There was no visiting god, no dark lord over shadows, no bride trapped in a flower. Tales like this should not be told in such a candid setting, and without warning. says a voice.

The source of the voice looks human, if rather small, and wears a purple suit and a black top hat.

Well, the part about the shadow god was true enough, that fight DID happen. The whole business of this "bride" and such is all false, Harold's probably around here somewhere.

The man is also in possession of a rather fancy looking cane, and gold hilted rapier.

Goodness I have no idea who I'm even talking to. Or if anybody is here. That illusion became too real, too quick. I must be growing stale with age.

The man clacks his cane on the ground. It's loud.

So real in fact, that I imagine you might be around, M'Lady Civ.

The man smiles. He's got a nice smile.

Allow me introduce myself, and please forgive my strange intrusion, my name is Doctor Jacobs.

He tips his hat in a random direction.
    "Well, it's, um, nice to meet you. Jacobs.
    What. Uhhh. What are you a doctor in?"
    Grace asks, suddenly just kind of . . . here.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Flower Garden

Jiao wakes up with a gasp. He looks up at the sky. Midday? Was he unconscious for that long?

He scrambles to a sitting position and feels his chest. No arrow sticking out of him, no blood. Not even his robe is torn. For all intents and purposes, he looks like he just woke up from a nap. There are no armies nearby, either. This place looks quite peaceful, infact. Maybe...

"What is... have I passed?" he mutters to the wind.
    "I don't thiiiiiiiink so." Civvy says from her position, bent over 90 degrees at the waist looking over him. Of course, she has to scramble backwards as he stands up so quickly.
    After taking a moment to straighten up her hair, she does continue though. "Was there a tunnel with a light at the end? It would have been pink, of course.
    . . .
    Not that I'm confirming anything. I'm just honestly curious."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it's, um, nice to meet you. Jacobs.
    What. Uhhh. What are you a doctor in?"
    Grace asks, suddenly just kind of . . . here.
    Jacobs spins around, and says: Doctor? I'm a doctor of the soul. I apologize for my... rather unique introduction. My illusions tend to come alive if left unchecked for too long, and trust me when I say we don't need another Riverman. Crotchety old fella is scary strong, in my opinion.

Jacobs taps his cane, it's loud even though he's just tapping it against the soft earth.

Now then, allow to explain myself for the rather large, slightly out of hand, illusion, Miss...?

11. - Top - End - #701

Flower Garden

Jiao scrambles backwards at hearing Civvy from out of nowhere. "Wh-tunnel? No, the last thing I remember is fading in and out of consciousness, hearing...

"Tamid! He was calling my name, trying to talk to me. W-where is he? Where am I?"

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Morning]

Suddenly there is a flash of sparks and a tiny person is now in Civvy's realm. Under two feet tall, he is feathery, avian in body and face, with wings, arms and legs like a raptor's feet, and a hawkish beak. He's golden in feathers, and wears thin metal armor with a strange, technological look, along with a pair of tiny blades with long glowing lines down their side. He blinks, looking around.
    "This is not the Tier of Hope." he says in a prim, proper voice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #703

Jacobs spins around, and says: Doctor? I'm a doctor of the soul. I apologize for my... rather unique introduction. My illusions tend to come alive if left unchecked for too long, and trust me when I say we don't need another Riverman. Crotchety old fella is scary strong, in my opinion.

Jacobs taps his cane, it's loud even though he's just tapping it against the soft earth.

Now then, allow to explain myself for the rather large, slightly out of hand, illusion, Miss...?
    "Iiiinteresting. Never heard of a doctor of the soul.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Grace."
    She replies, after backing off a step when Jacobs spun around. A fairly easy-to-startle one, this Grace. "Are you . . . all right?"

Flower Garden

Jiao scrambles backwards at hearing Civvy from out of nowhere. "Wh-tunnel? No, the last thing I remember is fading in and out of consciousness, hearing...

"Tamid! He was calling my name, trying to talk to me. W-where is he? Where am I?"
    "Iiii don't know. I'd assume he is still where he is. But as for now, you're here. And here is my home. Which is not where you were.
    But you're fine. Promise.
    I just don't know why or how you're here, and definitely want to figure that out as quick as we can so we can get you back on your way.
    Where are you from?"
    Civvy asks, her head tilting to one side.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [A Pleasant Morning]

Suddenly there is a flash of sparks and a tiny person is now in Civvy's realm. Under two feet tall, he is feathery, avian in body and face, with wings, arms and legs like a raptor's feet, and a hawkish beak. He's golden in feathers, and wears thin metal armor with a strange, technological look, along with a pair of tiny blades with long glowing lines down their side. He blinks, looking around.
    "This is not the Tier of Hope." he says in a prim, proper voice.
    Morning! Probably somewhere around the top of it, too

"Oh. My. Gosh." Civvy says from somewhere behind him. "You are so cute!"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

"Iiiinteresting. Never heard of a doctor of the soul.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Grace."
    She replies, after backing off a step when Jacobs spun around. A fairly easy-to-startle one, this Grace. "Are you . . . all right?"
    I wouldn't expect you to have heard of one, since I am the only doctor of the soul. That and Jimi Hendricks, but he's just using poetic licence. I'm the real deal.

Jacobs is about to smack his cane against the ground before realizing that his company jumped a bit the last time he did that, and he calmly puts his cane down.

Sorry, force of habit. That, and I'm trying to get a feel for this place. The air is different here. Gravity is slightly lighter than the norm. It's strange, to me. I like strange things. That's also why I made the illusion. It was supposed to judge reactions, but my magics started in a direction that was... over-developed for lack of a better word. As a soul doctor (man it sounds way cooler than it actually is when I say it like that), the only way I can practice my profession is to learn more about that elusive sliver of life energy that has a thousand names in a thousand places. Some call it "Ka", some call it "Khef", and some call it "Death-Juice". Man, the guys who called it "Death-Juice" were a fun bunch.

Dr. Jacobs takes a minute to live in the past before continuing, That's what I was doing here: learning. Specifically, I was learning of regret. If I warned you of my presence beforehand, the data I would have collected would have been invalid. I hope you can understand. I am well ready to recompense for my actions with anything you or your liege finds adequate. Gold, favors, fortune-telling, hell I can even have a statue made in the visage of your liege in a heartbeat.

15. - Top - End - #705

Flower Garden

"But.. we were in a battle! He's in trouble. If something happens..." Jiao tries to pull himself together, and look at his surroundings.Wherever this was, it certainly wasn't home. It was so bright, so colorful. He'd never seen so many flowers.

He looks back at Civvy when she asks her question. "I-I'm from Gerugia. I speak at the Temple of Fiore," he says, like that will mean anything here.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The tiny angel whirls around, indignant.
    "Cute?! I shall have you know, Ma'am, that I am the foremost of the Lady of Hope's warrior-cherubs, and I will not suffer this slander!" he says, and pops out of existence.
    He reappears in exactly the same spot. He blinks in surprise, and vanishes again, reappearing a moment later.
    He temporarily seems at a loss for words. Say, are the tips of his wings going...pink? Angels are a malleable sort, taking from the holy realms they were born from to sustain themselves, for they no longer eat. And as this realm is enough like his home to fool his plane-shifting, and he has starved himself in the mortal realm for decades...well, maybe he just can't help himself.

17. - Top - End - #707

I wouldn't expect you to have heard of one, since I am the only doctor of the soul. That and Jimi Hendricks, but he's just using poetic licence. I'm the real deal.

Jacobs is about to smack his cane against the ground before realizing that his company jumped a bit the last time he did that, and he calmly puts his cane down.

Sorry, force of habit. That, and I'm trying to get a feel for this place. The air is different here. Gravity is slightly lighter than the norm. It's strange, to me. I like strange things. That's also why I made the illusion. It was supposed to judge reactions, but my magics started in a direction that was... over-developed for lack of a better word. As a soul doctor (man it sounds way cooler than it actually is when I say it like that), the only way I can practice my profession is to learn more about that elusive sliver of life energy that has a thousand names in a thousand places. Some call it "Ka", some call it "Khef", and some call it "Death-Juice". Man, the guys who called it "Death-Juice" were a fun bunch.

Dr. Jacobs takes a minute to live in the past before continuing, That's what I was doing here: learning. Specifically, I was learning of regret. If I warned you of my presence beforehand, the data I would have collected would have been invalid. I hope you can understand. I am well ready to recompense for my actions with anything you or your liege finds adequate. Gold, favors, fortune-telling, hell I can even have a statue made in the visage of your liege in a heartbeat.
    "I . . . see." Grace says, very much at a loss for words. She debates internally a bit, curious as to if she should make sure to relay any of this info to Civvy. Grace very much figures that Civvy would be very unhappy that someone came into her realm, and basically began experiments on her people, without her knowledge or consent.
    Better to just not.
    "The . . . is it?" She asks, looking around, as if she could see the gravitational pull. "Air doesn't feel too different. And I don't feel any different from the gravity." She comments, bouncing up on the balls of her feet slightly. "As for recompense, um. I think it was mostly just me that was affected, and I'm . . . I'm fine. I don't need anything.
    Maybe some catnip for the other person involved, but I'm sure she's fine too."

[Pleasant Morning]

The tiny angel whirls around, indignant.
    "Cute?! I shall have you know, Ma'am, that I am the foremost of the Lady of Hope's warrior-cherubs, and I will not suffer this slander!" he says, and pops out of existence.
    He reappears in exactly the same spot. He blinks in surprise, and vanishes again, reappearing a moment later.
    He temporarily seems at a loss for words. Say, are the tips of his wings going...pink? Angels are a malleable sort, taking from the holy realms they were born from to sustain themselves, for they no longer eat. And as this realm is enough like his home to fool his plane-shifting, and he has starved himself in the mortal realm for decades...well, maybe he just can't help himself.
    Pleasant Morning

Civvy tries. She tries so hard not to giggle. This situation required a delicate, kind touch. Though she does smile just a bit as her composure slips.
    "Are- . . . are you okay?" Civvy asks, honestly fairly concerned.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel whirls back to Civvy with a startled squawk.
    ”My efforts to take me homeappear to be taking me here instead. Perhaps my Lady wishes me to serve here and not back home. Pray, madam, who art thou?” he asks her, pretending his embarrassing outburst didn’t happen.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

"I . . . see." Grace says, very much at a loss for words. She debates internally a bit, curious as to if she should make sure to relay any of this info to Civvy. Grace very much figures that Civvy would be very unhappy that someone came into her realm, and basically began experiments on her people, without her knowledge or consent.
    Better to just not.
    "The . . . is it?" She asks, looking around, as if she could see the gravitational pull. "Air doesn't feel too different. And I don't feel any different from the gravity." She comments, bouncing up on the balls of her feet slightly. "As for recompense, um. I think it was mostly just me that was affected, and I'm . . . I'm fine. I don't need anything.
    Maybe some catnip for the other person involved, but I'm sure she's fine too."
    Oh, I am very sure that my version of gravity and air is a lot different than yours. Where I come from, we don't have air, or do we have too much of it? I can't remember. Strange. Colors. Noises. Sensations. That is what I remember. That and Lugh. Lugh was an annoying chap, that he was.

Dr Jacobs looks... stupefied for lack of a better word. To be honest, his expression is too alien for most of anyone to make sense of it.

Catnip? I could reveal to you a future of a thousand worlds, create an eighth wonder of the world before your very eyes, and you want... Catnip? Fine, your wish. I bet it'll make a good song later.

Dr Jacobs reaches into his pocket, and finds a deck of cards. Specifically Tarrow cards, but the designs that Grace catches probably don't look like any that she's seen. He plucks one, it shows the image of a man surrounded by a variety of foods, and shows a scale in the top left corner. Dr Jacobs then plunges his hand into the card, all the way up to the elbow, and then pulls out a small tin case of catnip.

Be, uh... be sure you add water to that stuff. Not too much, or it'll be a soggy mess.

20. - Top - End - #710

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel whirls back to Civvy with a startled squawk.
    ”My efforts to take me homeappear to be taking me here instead. Perhaps my Lady wishes me to serve here and not back home. Pray, madam, who art thou?” he asks her, pretending his embarrassing outburst didn’t happen.
    Pleasant Morning

"Oooh. I'm. I'm sorry." Civvy replies, honestly looking really apologetic. "This is the Realm of Hope. The place where. Uh.
    . . .
    Well my name is Civvy. I'm the goddess of Hope. And this is where my followers come once they are. Well. You. You know what I mean."
    Or at least she sure hopes he does. Because she really doesn't like having to recognize that all- . . . most of her followers are mortal.
    She does also definitely not push his outburst, in an attempt to let him retain some of his dignity.

Oh, I am very sure that my version of gravity and air is a lot different than yours. Where I come from, we don't have air, or do we have too much of it? I can't remember. Strange. Colors. Noises. Sensations. That is what I remember. That and Lugh. Lugh was an annoying chap, that he was.

Dr Jacobs looks... stupefied for lack of a better word. To be honest, his expression is too alien for most of anyone to make sense of it.

Catnip? I could reveal to you a future of a thousand worlds, create an eighth wonder of the world before your very eyes, and you want... Catnip? Fine, your wish. I bet it'll make a good song later.

Dr Jacobs reaches into his pocket, and finds a deck of cards. Specifically Tarrow cards, but the designs that Grace catches probably don't look like any that she's seen. He plucks one, it shows the image of a man surrounded by a variety of foods, and shows a scale in the top left corner. Dr Jacobs then plunges his hand into the card, all the way up to the elbow, and then pulls out a small tin case of catnip.

Be, uh... be sure you add water to that stuff. Not too much, or it'll be a soggy mess.
    "Well, I mean," Grace starts, before having to stop to catch the pouch of catnip. "I didn't mean that I was asking for actual catnip. Just kind of a list of things that might be nice. You didn't have to do this at all.
    Um. Thank you though."
    Grace isn't too sure what to do with the catnip. She could give it to Nyaku but . . . who knows what that would even lead to.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll let her handle that.
    What, um, what are the cards? Those don't look tournament legal."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I mean," Grace starts, before having to stop to catch the pouch of catnip. "I didn't mean that I was asking for actual catnip. Just kind of a list of things that might be nice. You didn't have to do this at all.
    Um. Thank you though."
    Grace isn't too sure what to do with the catnip. She could give it to Nyaku but . . . who knows what that would even lead to.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll let her handle that.
    What, um, what are the cards? Those don't look tournament legal."
    You like? The cards are from home. My home. Unlike the cards in other decks, these tell the actual truth. The designs are plucked strait from the winds of time. Or sands of time. Or wheel of time. Whatever, they're plucked. Like chicken feathers, only they're useful. And accurate. Not to say that chicken feathers aren't useful, they could be used as pens or as decoration. Man, now I want chicken. Except I don't eat, and I've never wanted to eat chicken before. Anywho, I'm getting off topic. You want to give the cards a go?

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel puts a finger to his beak, floating up right to Civvy's face to inspect her.
    "Hmmm. You don't look at all like my Lady but you do... feel... like her. Are you sure you're not a relation to Madam Sydrine of Hope? Perhaps Aeon is playing another of his pranks and sent me to another timeline..." he ponders. People who are sent to alternate timelines don't generally come back. Aeon is a bit of a jerk.

23. - Top - End - #713

Flower Garden

"But.. we were in a battle! He's in trouble. If something happens..." Jiao tries to pull himself together, and look at his surroundings.Wherever this was, it certainly wasn't home. It was so bright, so colorful. He'd never seen so many flowers.

He looks back at Civvy when she asks her question. "I-I'm from Gerugia. I speak at the Temple of Fiore," he says, like that will mean anything here.
    Garden

Civvy frowns slightly, and bites at her lower lip.
    "I'm afraid I don't know where that is. I'm- . . . I'm sure he'll be fine though." She speaks kind of slowly, realizing that Jiao doesn't really have that flare of life around him that, well, living people tend to have when they came into her realm.

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel puts a finger to his beak, floating up right to Civvy's face to inspect her.
    "Hmmm. You don't look at all like my Lady but you do... feel... like her. Are you sure you're not a relation to Madam Sydrine of Hope? Perhaps Aeon is playing another of his pranks and sent me to another timeline..." he ponders. People who are sent to alternate timelines don't generally come back. Aeon is a bit of a jerk.
    Pleasant Morning

Well the inspection would prove that Civvy is, in fact, absolutely adorable.
    "I don't believe that I am." Though, that said, if you take the multiverse theory into account, since the Nexus is absolutely all about that multiverses, then of course Civvy IS related to Madam Sydrine of Hope, but then of course so is the angel, bu- *smacked*
    "Who is Aeon?"

You like? The cards are from home. My home. Unlike the cards in other decks, these tell the actual truth. The designs are plucked strait from the winds of time. Or sands of time. Or wheel of time. Whatever, they're plucked. Like chicken feathers, only they're useful. And accurate. Not to say that chicken feathers aren't useful, they could be used as pens or as decoration. Man, now I want chicken. Except I don't eat, and I've never wanted to eat chicken before. Anywho, I'm getting off topic. You want to give the cards a go?
    "Uhh. Sure. Go for it." Grace says, crossing her arms and standing with her weight on one side.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhh. Sure. Go for it." Grace says, crossing her arms and standing with her weight on one side.
    Wonderful! I never get to do this, and when I do it usual ends up in my immediate exodus due to the local townsfolk chasing me out with torches and pitchforks and one time with guns and roses. Wait, no that's a November Rain song. Wait, no I got the name of the song and the band mixed up. Or did I? Whatever, let me get set up.

Dr. Jacobs spreads his hand, like he's starting to conduct an orchestra, and then sweeps his left hand in an upward arc. As he does so, a trail of what appears to be blue-green cloth is created behind him, until an entire rug of the stuff slowly drifts down to the ground. Dr. Jacobs sits down, and motions for Grace to do the same.

25. - Top - End - #715

Wonderful! I never get to do this, and when I do it usual ends up in my immediate exodus due to the local townsfolk chasing me out with torches and pitchforks and one time with guns and roses. Wait, no that's a November Rain song. Wait, no I got the name of the song and the band mixed up. Or did I? Whatever, let me get set up.

Dr. Jacobs spreads his hand, like he's starting to conduct an orchestra, and then sweeps his left hand in an upward arc. As he does so, a trail of what appears to be blue-green cloth is created behind him, until an entire rug of the stuff slowly drifts down to the ground. Dr. Jacobs sits down, and motions for Grace to do the same.
    Grace, not really having anything to say to that, just simply sits down.
    "Allll right."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel is taken aback.
    ”You aren’t- no, you smell of only sincerity. Aeon is the lord of time and order, the most powerful being in the Realm with the Creator in His absence.”
    He bows.
    ”Truly this must have been His will to be in a realm so distant. If you will have me I could serve you until I discover a way back to my Lady.” decides the angel with a stoic nod.

27. - Top - End - #717

Flower Garden

"You- don't know the Erilan capital? Then just how far have I been flung?" Jiao stares a hole through the ground.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Dr Jacobs cups his hands, and starts to blow into them. This is actually pretty strange seeing as Dr. Jacobs has never showed any signs of breathing. Eventually, he releases his hands, and a pale dove flies out of them. The dove does not remain, however, as every second the dove is in the air, it sheds feathers until it is little more than bones. It falls to the middle of the rug, bursting into purple flames. Dr. Jacobs suddenly throws his deck of cards into the fire, and then plunges his other hand into the flames and draws three of them.

The past. Events that have transpired. Events that prove that I a right. That the cards are right.

Dr. Jacobs pulls out a card that shows a balding man with orange hair running away from an army of the dead with a sun blocked out by the dark side of the moon.

Spoiler: The Eclipse
    Show

The Eclipse. This one tells me that something dark happened to you, that you ran from it. Next is the present, or at least an event that led to this present. There are infinite presents. We're in the present now. Nope now. Nope, present is now, right now.

Dr. Jacobs then pulls out a card that shows the same man with orange hair raising his arms to a now welcoming sun with an elfen woman staring blearily at him.

Spoiler: The Big Sky
    Show

The Big Sky. This one shows me that you freed from the darkness, offered a choice to align with the side of light. You took it, clearly. Now finally the future. A card that's certain, but if you don't like it, know that a soul doctor like myself could always help you change the card... for a price.

Dr. Jacobs draws the last card. It shows a man in golden platemail weilding a longsword with his right hand, and a extending his left.

Spoiler: The Paladin
    Show

Oooo, interesting. Very pert indeed. This one tells me that the light you joined will ask of you to fight for it in the future, perhaps even die for it. If you die, it will be honorable, however I can almost guarantee that it will not be a clean or quick death.

With that, Dr. Jonas stands, to his whole three feet in height, and smacks his cane on the ground. With that the fire, and the rug, are gone. He offers his hand to Grace.

How close was I?

29. - Top - End - #719

Flower Garden

"You- don't know the Erilan capital? Then just how far have I been flung?" Jiao stares a hole through the ground.
    "Uhhh. I believe I can say with extreme certainty that you have been flung across at least one entire dimension.
    So like.
    Really far."

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel is taken aback.
    ”You aren’t- no, you smell of only sincerity. Aeon is the lord of time and order, the most powerful being in the Realm with the Creator in His absence.”
    He bows.
    ”Truly this must have been His will to be in a realm so distant. If you will have me I could serve you until I discover a way back to my Lady.” decides the angel with a stoic nod.
    Pleasant Morning

"Oooh. He sounds like quite the guy.

Um. Yeah. Of course. I would be delighted to have you. What services do you bring?"

Dr Jacobs cups his hands, and starts to blow into them. This is actually pretty strange seeing as Dr. Jacobs has never showed any signs of breathing. Eventually, he releases his hands, and a pale dove flies out of them. The dove does not remain, however, as every second the dove is in the air, it sheds feathers until it is little more than bones. It falls to the middle of the rug, bursting into purple flames. Dr. Jacobs suddenly throws his deck of cards into the fire, and then plunges his other hand into the flames and draws three of them.

The past. Events that have transpired. Events that prove that I a right. That the cards are right.

Dr. Jacobs pulls out a card that shows a balding man with orange hair running away from an army of the dead with a sun blocked out by the dark side of the moon.

Spoiler: The Eclipse
    Show

The Eclipse. This one tells me that something dark happened to you, that you ran from it. Next is the present, or at least an event that led to this present. There are infinite presents. We're in the present now. Nope now. Nope, present is now, right now.

Dr. Jacobs then pulls out a card that shows the same man with orange hair raising his arms to a now welcoming sun with an elfen woman staring blearily at him.

Spoiler: The Big Sky
    Show

The Big Sky. This one shows me that you freed from the darkness, offered a choice to align with the side of light. You took it, clearly. Now finally the future. A card that's certain, but if you don't like it, know that a soul doctor like myself could always help you change the card... for a price.

Dr. Jacobs draws the last card. It shows a man in golden platemail weilding a longsword with his right hand, and a extending his left.

Spoiler: The Paladin
    Show

Oooo, interesting. Very pert indeed. This one tells me that the light you joined will ask of you to fight for it in the future, perhaps even die for it. If you die, it will be honorable, however I can almost guarantee that it will not be a clean or quick death.

With that, Dr. Jonas stands, to his whole three feet in height, and smacks his cane on the ground. With that the fire, and the rug, are gone. He offers his hand to Grace.

How close was I?
    Grace shrugs slightly.
    "Past, sure. But show me someone that hasn't had something bad happen to them in their past." Grace shrugs slightly, her arms still crossed.

"Present, sure. But that card tells no one anything, let's be honest. You're here. In a realm of a good aligned deity. That card just describes here.

As for the future, oh really?"
    Grace asks with a very, very raised eyebrow. "Because I very, very much doubt it. I mean, sure. I might write a letter to my governor or something. Fighting for this place. But I am very much a non-combatant, and very much doubt an honorable, painful, slow death."
    With that, Grace stands, not taking Jonas' hand. It doesn't seem to be a rude motion, just like she honestly didn't see his hand offered until she was already half way up and committed.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720

Flower Garden

Jiao doesn't know what a dimension is, but 'really far' is easy enough to understand. "I- then..." He falls back down to a seated position. "What- what am I supposed to do, then? Fiore, will you not show me the way?" He makes a quick prayer to his deity, but it won't go anywhere. His gods and goddesses have no real presence here.