New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Music

"Oh, oh no!" Grace replies, covering her mouth with one hand. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean that at all. Awww. I shouldn't have said so much. I- Um-" Grace doesn't really have any sort of follow up to that. "I'm- . . . I'm sorry. I shouldn't have bragged so much." She hadn't meant to be bragging; she just kinda thought she was answering questions and things.

Grace quite enjoys the lessons, though always seems to shy away from getting too physically close to Strawberry, and subtly maneuvering her hands so Strawberry never gets to take them, if she tries to do so. Her actions are subtle, and she's definitely done them a lot, but Strawberry can probably pick up on them.
    "Yeeey~"

. . .
    *draws the curtain a bit more closed*
    Nooo?
    ((Sorry this took a few days. Life got lifey.))
    [Music]

Strawberry takes her hands off her face again. "No, don't be sorry! You didn't do anything wrong. I asked questions, you answered them, you were being so modest about everything and didn't brag at all, yet..." she pauses for a second, trying to find the right words, her gaze still resting on the floor beside Grace. It's obvious how disappointed she is with herself. Then she just changes the topic entirely, just to make this awkward moment end already. "You know, forget about it. Are there, like, any movies or TV shows you particularly like, maybe? One of my favourite shows is Oh, you!. I know the stories and jokes are kinda lame, but by god, the dog is just so freaking cute!" There aren't many conversation topics more generic than this, but it's the best Strawberry could come up with on the fly.

The "drum lesson" turns out to literally be a drum lesson. Strawberry doesn't even try to get close to Grace, let alone touch her. She's also too absorbed in demonstrating, listening, and teaching to pick up on any subtle clues. Or maybe she does, but doesn't react to them for whatever reason. If Grace has any exciting intentions, she'll probably have to be a little more direct about them.
    The mermaid may be great at playing instruments, but she's only average at teaching them, despite her enthusiasm. Still, as long as Grace isn't too clumsy, she should be able to produce basic, solid beats after 30 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-24 at 09:00 AM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

The tiny dragon looks at her, then sits down suddenly, its tail wagging happily.
    Then it sneezes. In that sort of adorably derpy way dogs sneeze.
    Fel makes a noise one makes when they are charmed by a small thing being cute.

Well then.

Look at you, little buddy.

Imma call you Sniffy.

And she pets Sniffy.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Music]

Strawberry takes her hands off her face again. "No, don't be sorry! You didn't do anything wrong. I asked questions, you answered them, you were being so modest about everything and didn't brag at all, yet..." she pauses for a second, trying to find the right words, her gaze still resting on the floor beside Grace. It's obvious how disappointed she is with herself. Then she just changes the topic entirely, just to make this awkward moment end already. "You know, forget about it. Are there, like, any movies or TV shows you particularly like, maybe? One of my favourite shows is Oh, you!. I know the stories and jokes are kinda lame, but by god, the dog is just so freaking cute!" There aren't many conversation topics more generic than this, but it's the best Strawberry could come up with on the fly.

The "drum lesson" turns out to literally be a drum lesson. Strawberry doesn't even try to get close to Grace, let alone touch her. She's also too absorbed in demonstrating, listening, and teaching to pick up on any subtle clues. Or maybe she does, but doesn't react to them for whatever reason. If Grace has any exciting intentions, she'll probably have to be a little more direct about them.
    The mermaid may be great at playing instruments, but she's only average at teaching them, despite her enthusiasm. Still, as long as Grace isn't too clumsy, she should be able to produce basic, solid beats after 30 minutes or so.
    Music

"I-" Grace begins, then pauses, and frowns in thought a bit. "Iiiii think. We should just hang out more." She says slowly, looking down and nodding a few times. "Yeah, I think so.
    I mean. If you're okay with it, of course! But I think it'd be great! We could hang out, go shopping, go back to my place, I'll introduce you to games, and all can be great! And music stuff. We should buy nice musical things too."

Grace truly doesn't have any exciting intentions. She's just honestly trying to keep secrets, so if Strawberry doesn't notice, Grace absolutely does not draw attention to it.
    Grace is also definitely not clumsy -- she can't be, what with pouring potentially very explosive chemicals into one another where a bump could be disastrous --, but what she isn't is terribly strong. So she might have a few basic beats down after a half hour or so, but she's also practically panting trying to catch her breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel makes a noise one makes when they are charmed by a small thing being cute.

Well then.

Look at you, little buddy.

Imma call you Sniffy.

And she pets Sniffy.
    Sniffy makes a very happy little ~awoo~ noise, before nuzzling up to the petting hand.
    PETS. YAAAAAY.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Sniffy makes a very happy little ~awoo~ noise, before nuzzling up to the petting hand.
    PETS. YAAAAAY.
    You like that, don't cha, Sniffy?

You wanna be my friend?

And she continues to pet Sniffy merrily.

5. - Top - End - #335

Gardens

While Felandria pets the teeny dragon, she may notice the other woman heading to the creek, dressed in far too much red. A red capelet coat, red pants, even red boots. She stops next to the water and spares a glance at Felandria, smiling a little before reaching into the creek and washing her face. She also lifts up her red (of course) tricorne hat, revealing definitely-not-natural bright blue hair, as well as a pair of cat ears atop her head. She also has a tail protruding from under her coattail.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

Music

"I-" Grace begins, then pauses, and frowns in thought a bit. "Iiiii think. We should just hang out more." She says slowly, looking down and nodding a few times. "Yeah, I think so.
    I mean. If you're okay with it, of course! But I think it'd be great! We could hang out, go shopping, go back to my place, I'll introduce you to games, and all can be great! And music stuff. We should buy nice musical things too."

Grace truly doesn't have any exciting intentions. She's just honestly trying to keep secrets, so if Strawberry doesn't notice, Grace absolutely does not draw attention to it.
    Grace is also definitely not clumsy -- she can't be, what with pouring potentially very explosive chemicals into one another where a bump could be disastrous --, but what she isn't is terribly strong. So she might have a few basic beats down after a half hour or so, but she's also practically panting trying to catch her breath.
    [Music]

Strawberry needs a few seconds to process what Grace just said. "Uhh... yyyyyeah sure, why not?" She smiles, bot only for about half a second. "But, what if we might live far apart? I live in Bayside, as I already mentioned, I think? Well, I still live there now, but I plan on relocating to a place near Inside soon-ish, a coastal town. And I don't really have money to go shopping, and my computer is a super weak laptop, and..." Strawberry takes a deep breath and stops worrying about everything for a moment. Although she doesn't smile now, she definitely looks happy. "You're probably right, thing'll turn out great. So where do you live, if I may ask?"

The mermaid looks a little sheepish. "Sorry for my bad memroy, but what was your name aga... wait, I think we haven't even introduced ourselves, have we? I'm..." She hesitates for a moment, tonge between her teeth. Introductions are a little difficult for her. "I'm Strawberry. Not my real name of course, that would be Kulpynai Strabirova. But when I arrived in the Nexus nobody could relly spell or pronounce that, so people started using a nickname and, well, it kinda stuck." Her arm moves a little, unsure whether to go for a handshake or not. Luckily for Grace, Strawberry remembers that the Nexus is extremely multicultural, and some people may find physical contact very pushy and inappropriate. So she places her hand over her heart instead.

"Iiii think we could maybe wrap the lesson up now?" Just a suggestion. "I kinda forgot how exhausting drumming can be. I hope I didn't push you or anything, sorry. But you've made pretty great progress!" Actually just average progress, but Strawberry wants to say something nice.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[?]

Spoiler: What he looks like
    Show

This man appears somewhere in Civvy's realm, though since the note did not give the exact location of where he would be he is now lost.

Hello?! Anyone there?! he yells
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-29 at 10:22 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

8. - Top - End - #338

You like that, don't cha, Sniffy?

You wanna be my friend?

And she continues to pet Sniffy merrily.
    Sniffy makes a happy sneezy noise of confirmation to alllll of the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Gardens

While Felandria pets the teeny dragon, she may notice the other woman heading to the creek, dressed in far too much red. A red capelet coat, red pants, even red boots. She stops next to the water and spares a glance at Felandria, smiling a little before reaching into the creek and washing her face. She also lifts up her red (of course) tricorne hat, revealing definitely-not-natural bright blue hair, as well as a pair of cat ears atop her head. She also has a tail protruding from under her coattail.
    Before leaning his head waaaaaay back to look at the new person, without ever actually standing up.

[Music]

Strawberry needs a few seconds to process what Grace just said. "Uhh... yyyyyeah sure, why not?" She smiles, bot only for about half a second. "But, what if we might live far apart? I live in Bayside, as I already mentioned, I think? Well, I still live there now, but I plan on relocating to a place near Inside soon-ish, a coastal town. And I don't really have money to go shopping, and my computer is a super weak laptop, and..." Strawberry takes a deep breath and stops worrying about everything for a moment. Although she doesn't smile now, she definitely looks happy. "You're probably right, thing'll turn out great. So where do you live, if I may ask?"

The mermaid looks a little sheepish. "Sorry for my bad memroy, but what was your name aga... wait, I think we haven't even introduced ourselves, have we? I'm..." She hesitates for a moment, tonge between her teeth. Introductions are a little difficult for her. "I'm Strawberry. Not my real name of course, that would be Kulpynai Strabirova. But when I arrived in the Nexus nobody could relly spell or pronounce that, so people started using a nickname and, well, it kinda stuck." Her arm moves a little, unsure whether to go for a handshake or not. Luckily for Grace, Strawberry remembers that the Nexus is extremely multicultural, and some people may find physical contact very pushy and inappropriate. So she places her hand over her heart instead.

"Iiii think we could maybe wrap the lesson up now?" Just a suggestion. "I kinda forgot how exhausting drumming can be. I hope I didn't push you or anything, sorry. But you've made pretty great progress!" Actually just average progress, but Strawberry wants to say something nice.
    "Awesome! Well, I, uh, get the feeling I'm living here now. So . . .So yeah that's gonna be a thing. And if we live too far apart, I can come pick you up. No worries about that at all! I also have money for shopping, and the first thing on the list is to get you a better laptop." Grace replies to everything kind of all at once, nodding a few times.

Grace can't remember either, so no worries! "Straaaawberry it is." Grace will never remember her full name. Ever. She'll try, but she knows her limits. "And I'm Grace. Nice to officially meet you." She says with a bit of a happy smile.

"Yeah- yeah I think so." She says with a bit of a long exhale. "Not tired at all! Could totally go longer! Arms are just kind of jelly right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    [?]

Spoiler: What he looks like
    Show

This man appears somewhere in Civvy's realm, though since the note did not give the exact location of where he would be he is now lost.

Hello?! Anyone there?! he yells
    Near the Portal

"Weeeeeeelllll. Now you're heeere." Comes Civvy's voice from behind him. "No need to yell. I can hear you just fine.
    I think."
    She swats at the side of her head. You know. To knock out any annoying earwax or whatever. "Yeah. Sure can."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

mad Re: Civiron's Realm

Near the Portal

Harold is quiet for a moment. After this moment of solidarity, he says: By reasonable deduction I'd guess you're Civiron. Never had the pleasure before, but you can call me Phil.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

"Awesome! Well, I, uh, get the feeling I'm living here now. So . . .So yeah that's gonna be a thing. And if we live too far apart, I can come pick you up. No worries about that at all! I also have money for shopping, and the first thing on the list is to get you a better laptop." Grace replies to everything kind of all at once, nodding a few times.

Grace can't remember either, so no worries! "Straaaawberry it is." Grace will never remember her full name. Ever. She'll try, but she knows her limits. "And I'm Grace. Nice to officially meet you." She says with a bit of a happy smile.

"Yeah- yeah I think so." She says with a bit of a long exhale. "Not tired at all! Could totally go longer! Arms are just kind of jelly right now."
    [Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

Strawberry really wants to be happy about that answer, but there's something else on her mind right now. She smiles a little, frowns a little, and tilts her head a little, all at the same time. Confusion. "You're living here now? I... But... Didn't you arrive here just, like, not even an hour ago? And you said you didn't know where or what this place was? Why, what... Don't you have a home somewhere else? A rich person like you is surely not homeless?"

Strawberry chuckles a little. "Absolutely not tired, I see." She puts away the cane rutes and glances at her wristwatch. "Oh? I should maybe start moving towards the portal soon. My shift at the beach BBQ will start soon-ish. I really hope the other end of the portal is located somewhere near Bayside, or I might possibly not make it in time. ... On second thought, we should start moving, 'cause I can't push myself." As always when she has to "take advantage" of others, the mermaid is a little embarrassed.

((Being poor and ill-fated is a central aspect of Strawberry's character. I'll find a way to keep Grace's wealth and success from spilling over to her.))

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Sniffy makes a happy sneezy noise of confirmation to alllll of the questions.
    Yay noo friend!

Gardens

Look, Sniffy, it's a stranger.

Hi, stranger.

How are you?

12. - Top - End - #342

Near the Portal

Harold is quiet for a moment. After this moment of solidarity, he says: By reasonable deduction I'd guess you're Civiron. Never had the pleasure before, but you can call me Phil.
    Portal

"Good guess! That's definitely me! Phiiiiillll."

[Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

Strawberry really wants to be happy about that answer, but there's something else on her mind right now. She smiles a little, frowns a little, and tilts her head a little, all at the same time. Confusion. "You're living here now? I... But... Didn't you arrive here just, like, not even an hour ago? And you said you didn't know where or what this place was? Why, what... Don't you have a home somewhere else? A rich person like you is surely not homeless?"

Strawberry chuckles a little. "Absolutely not tired, I see." She puts away the cane rutes and glances at her wristwatch. "Oh? I should maybe start moving towards the portal soon. My shift at the beach BBQ will start soon-ish. I really hope the other end of the portal is located somewhere near Bayside, or I might possibly not make it in time. ... On second thought, we should start moving, 'cause I can't push myself." As always when she has to "take advantage" of others, the mermaid is a little embarrassed.

((Being poor and ill-fated is a central aspect of Strawberry's character. I'll find a way to keep Grace's wealth and success from spilling over to her.))
    Moozkisz

"I . . . I dunno. Consider it a feeling. Consider it an . . . I dunno. Educated guess. Or possibly realizing I might have made a deal that's being cashed in."

"Definitely, definitely. But yeah, yeah." Grace says, keeping up the double words speak spoken, as she stands up. "I have the feeling that the portal is going to take you riight about where you need to be. If I had to guess."

((Mkaaaay.))

Yay noo friend!

Look, Sniffy, it's a stranger.

Hi, stranger.

How are you?
    Sniffy, having no real concept of faithfulness, bounces on over to the newcomer, nuzzling at her too.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Gardens

The woman looks at Felandria once more, her gaze going down, then up again. "Hello to you, stranger. The day finds me well. I hope you and your friend are the same?"

When Sniffy bounds on over to her, the woman strokes his neck with the backs of her fingers. "And hello to you too. Do you live in this land?"

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Uh-huh, starts Phil, So, what happens now? I'm sorta confused as to why you would ever let a person like me here. To be completely honest I pressed the button just to get away from what's going down at the tower

Phil sighs, Nope. That's not right. I just lied. Sorry. Habit. I came here to do a lot of things, but first and foremost to apologize to...
    well to a lot of people. Ugh what mess. I'm not exactly sure where to start.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

Moozkisz

"I . . . I dunno. Consider it a feeling. Consider it an . . . I dunno. Educated guess. Or possibly realizing I might have made a deal that's being cashed in."

"Definitely, definitely. But yeah, yeah." Grace says, keeping up the double words speak spoken, as she stands up. "I have the feeling that the portal is going to take you riight about where you need to be. If I had to guess."

((Mkaaaay.))
    [Mzuckytzcik --> Portal]

Fool! No whisper and no murmur shall go unheard by Strawberry's acute ears! "That sounds kinda like you made a deal witht the devil? But with a good deity? What..." She inhales. "Sorry, it's probably not my business anyway. Well, shall we go, then?"
    Having known Grace for at least 17 posts now, it's probably safe to assume she pushes Strawberry out of the music store and towards the portal now?

[Bayside, Strawberry's Apartment]

A pixie man, clad in red chino pants, a bright blue shirt with "NPC" printed on it and tiny running shoes on his tiny feet, is standing in front of Strawberry's laptop. It is the very same guy who used a teleport-swap spell to get her into Civvy's Realm in the first place, which also conveniently placed him inside the mermaid's apartment without the need for a break-in.

Moving the mouse with both arms due to his diminutive size, he sets the final countdown for an automated call to Strawberry's cellphone via Nope instant messenger. Still, he feels like a simple call won't be enough to counterbalance the fact that she just met such a nice, rich woman. He feels like he needs to go a little further to hammer the message home to Strawberry.

Ominously, the pixie looks towards the rodent cage on the dresser, where three actual mice reside. They are most dear to Strawberry. He's going to enjoy what comes next.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

The woman looks at Felandria once more, her gaze going down, then up again. "Hello to you, stranger. The day finds me well. I hope you and your friend are the same?"

When Sniffy bounds on over to her, the woman strokes his neck with the backs of her fingers. "And hello to you too. Do you live in this land?"
    Well, I'm pretty sure Sniffy does, but I'm just visiting.

I'm Felandria.

She sits up and extends a hand to the stranger.

17. - Top - End - #347

Gardens

"Felandria? A lovely name, befitting a lady like you." Before taking her hand, the stranger takes a deep bow, complete with a twirl of her hand. She stands back up and shakes Fel's hand.

"Cherie is my name. I'm an adventurer by trade."

18. - Top - End - #348

Gardens

Sniffy replies with the usual 'awooo~' that is probably affirmative?

Well, I'm pretty sure Sniffy does, but I'm just visiting.

I'm Felandria.

She sits up and extends a hand to the stranger.
    Also feel free to skip me in this exchange, since Sniffy's just basically hopping around being cute, and not terribly active in the actual scene.

Portal

Uh-huh, starts Phil, So, what happens now? I'm sorta confused as to why you would ever let a person like me here. To be completely honest I pressed the button just to get away from what's going down at the tower

Phil sighs, Nope. That's not right. I just lied. Sorry. Habit. I came here to do a lot of things, but first and foremost to apologize to...
    well to a lot of people. Ugh what mess. I'm not exactly sure where to start.
    Portal

Civvy shrugs a bit. "Well, I'm not going to throw you out, so you've got all the time you need. Apology gladly accepted!
    Honestly though, I wouldn't blame you if the first part was true. I'm not sure I'd want to be there myself. I think your boss is prooobably in for a bad time. Quite the collection of people showed up.

Though I feel I should actually also apologize. I asked Naku to toss you the letter so I could talk to you about that. First off, she is sorry for what happened. It was not her intention that anyone actually try to kill you. Nor was it mine. For that, you do have both of our apologies. Second, I, uh.

. . .

Do you like ice cream? We should get ice cream."

[Mzuckytzcik --> Portal]

Fool! No whisper and no murmur shall go unheard by Strawberry's acute ears! "That sounds kinda like you made a deal witht the devil? But with a good deity? What..." She inhales. "Sorry, it's probably not my business anyway. Well, shall we go, then?"
    Having known Grace for at least 17 posts now, it's probably safe to assume she pushes Strawberry out of the music store and towards the portal now?

A pixie man, clad in red chino pants, a bright blue shirt with "NPC" printed on it and tiny running shoes on his tiny feet, is standing in front of Strawberry's laptop. It is the very same guy who used a teleport-swap spell to get her into Civvy's Realm in the first place, which also conveniently placed him inside the mermaid's apartment without the need for a break-in.

Moving the mouse with both arms due to his diminutive size, he sets the final countdown for an automated call to Strawberry's cellphone via Nope instant messenger. Still, he feels like a simple call won't be enough to counterbalance the fact that she just met such a nice, rich woman. He feels like he needs to go a little further to hammer the message home to Strawberry.

Ominously, the pixie looks towards the rodent cage on the dresser, where three actual mice reside. They are most dear to Strawberry. He's going to enjoy what comes next.
    Music -> Portal

"Well I mean. You know. A deal's a deal, right?" Grace responds, kind of evasively. This time it just looks like she's embarrassed though. "No, no, it's fine." She continues, her cheeks almost as red as her hair, as she moves the two of them towards the portal. "I thought it was just a dumb dream. Didn't. Uh. Didn't realize it was contractually obligating."
    Still evasive, or at least definitely not a straight answer, but hints at what's going on. At least a bit.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

"Felandria? A lovely name, befitting a lady like you." Before taking her hand, the stranger takes a deep bow, complete with a twirl of her hand. She stands back up and shakes Fel's hand.

"Cherie is my name. I'm an adventurer by trade."
    Me too!

Well, not as much lately, but always up for one.

Are you on one now?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

Music -> Portal

"Well I mean. You know. A deal's a deal, right?" Grace responds, kind of evasively. This time it just looks like she's embarrassed though. "No, no, it's fine." She continues, her cheeks almost as red as her hair, as she moves the two of them towards the portal. "I thought it was just a dumb dream. Didn't. Uh. Didn't realize it was contractually obligating."
    Still evasive, or at least definitely not a straight answer, but hints at what's going on. At least a bit.
    [Portal]

Strawberry does notice how evasive Grace's "explanation" is, and decides to not ask any further. As she already said, it's not her business anyway, so she won't try to dig any deeper.
    She turns back over her shoulder, to see if Grace's hair is turning pink already. But instead, she notices how adorable the other woman actually looks with her cheeks this red. Strawberry faces forwards again, just in time to hide a little smile.
    ((These posting pauses are getting concerningly long. Being slowly squeezed by life is an all too common demise for RPers. D: ))

"Whooooo's a good boy?" The pixie is sitting in the mice cage, snuggling with the black mouse, who in turn gives him little kisses on the face. Since the man is only 13cm / 5" tall, the mice compared to him are about as large as a dog is compared to a human. The white mouse soon joins in on the snuggling, letting the pixie's spindly fingers ruffle her back fur. "Yeees, you like that, don't you? Yes you do!"
    Yup, the small man is definitely enjoying this.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-08 at 09:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Ice cream sounds... good. I guess. says Harold.

Harold's Thought Process: Never been asked out on an Ice Cream date by a god before. No, strike that. I've never been out on a date with anything before. Guess being immortal means you have to try everything at one point.

22. - Top - End - #352

Gardens

Cherie chuckles. "A lovely lady and a fellow adventurer? Fortune smiles on me today. We shall have to share stories some time," she says.

"Not currently, no. My adventures are not in the Nexus. I simply heard of this realm, and wished to visit for a time."

23. - Top - End - #353

[Portal]

Strawberry does notice how evasive Grace's "explanation" is, and decides to not ask any further. As she already said, it's not her business anyway, so she won't try to dig any deeper.
    She turns back over her shoulder, to see if Grace's hair is turning pink already. But instead, she notices how adorable the other woman actually looks with her cheeks this red. Strawberry faces forwards again, just in time to hide a little smile.
    ((These posting pauses are getting concerningly long. Being slowly squeezed by life is an all too common demise for RPers. D: ))

"Whooooo's a good boy?" The pixie is sitting in the mice cage, snuggling with the black mouse, who in turn gives him little kisses on the face. Since the man is only 13cm / 5" tall, the mice compared to him are about as large as a dog is compared to a human. The white mouse soon joins in on the snuggling, letting the pixie's spindly fingers ruffle her back fur. "Yeees, you like that, don't you? Yes you do!"
    Portal

Noooope. No hair pinkery ensues. She also doesn't really seem to notice Strawberry looking back, what with being too buried in her own 'what have I doooone' feelings.

Anyway, they arrive fairly quickly at the portal!
    "Well. Um. Shall we, uh, shall we go through?"

Gardens

Cherie chuckles. "A lovely lady and a fellow adventurer? Fortune smiles on me today. We shall have to share stories some time," she says.

"Not currently, no. My adventures are not in the Nexus. I simply heard of this realm, and wished to visit for a time."
    Sniffy hops back over to Cherie again, and bats his head against her leg. These darn humans weren't paying attention to him!
    Pay attention to me!

Portal

Ice cream sounds... good. I guess. says Harold.

Harold's Thought Process: Never been asked out on an Ice Cream date by a god before. No, strike that. I've never been out on a date with anything before. Guess being immortal means you have to try everything at one point.
    "Great! Take a seat then!" Civvy says, as a bench just kind of appears around them, wherever Harold wasn't looking. And then materializing in front of him is a bowl of ice cream! Just kind of floating there, waiting for him to take it. It's obviously in no rush though!
    "So," Civvy continues, once she gets her own bowl, and sits down in a folding chair that also arrived, looking across over to the bench. "You wanted to leave your old boss, yeah? Tell me about that."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Near the Portal (but with pistachio ice cream involved now!)

Your making it sound like that me wanting to leave my old boss was a recent development. I've been trying to get out of the leash he had on me for millennia. Never had a real chance until he found out about you. says Harold as he sits down.

He and I, way long ago, had an agreement. I was a beggar, regular mortal back then without the whole ability to ignore death, and the Shadow came up to me and offered me immortality and riches if I joined him. I was desperate, and I accepted the deal like a chump. Now the Shadow can lie, but the oaths he makes are bound by the gods themselves, so when I find out the Shadow isn't a God, he freaks out and kills me. Now this broke our first agreement, under the immortality clause, and the powers that be "blessed" me with what the Shadow offered me: true immortality.

Now as you can probably imagine, this pissed off the boss something fierce. He put me under years of torture under all the colors of the rainbow until I made a second deal with him. The deal was that if I ever betrayed my boss in any way, he would gain the ability to end my life. For the next couple thousand years he and I went to countless worlds with my boss unleashing havoc on the populace while I found subtle ways to ease their suffering without arousing suspicion from my boss. A quick painless death is better than decades or even centuries of torture, but I did other things too though. Things I'm not proud of, that no one in their right mind should be proud of. The whole "my evil master made me do those unforgivable atrocities" is an old excuse, but you haven't seen the Shadow when he puts his mind to something like he did with me. Arnold, the crazy old guy, that was something my old boss did while he was bored. While he was chasing him though he found out about this place, which set things in motion up that my old boss will hopefully kick the bucket soon.

So... that's my life story. Kind of over explanation, but it feels good to vent.

Harold finishes this story with a hesitant spoon of ice cream.

Hey, this is good. Who made this... wait. God in her own realm of existence. Easy question to answer, forget I asked.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Pixie in the Playground

Portal

Noooope. No hair pinkery ensues. She also doesn't really seem to notice Strawberry looking back, what with being too buried in her own 'what have I doooone' feelings.

Anyway, they arrive fairly quickly at the portal!
    "Well. Um. Shall we, uh, shall we go through?"
    [Portal]

Strawberry looks at the huge, pink, magical passage in front of her. That magical part makes her feel uneasy, maybe even scared, even though she knows the magic belongs to a benevolent deity. It shows in her voice. "Uh... Yes? That's what we came here for, right? I was just kinda expecting for Civiron to intercept us now and turn your hair pinky."

If Grace moves them both through the portal now, Strawberry will close her eyes, hold her breath, and clench her fists in anticipation of... something bad, she doesn't even know what to expect. And if the other side's location is determined by where the person who passes through first wants to be, they'll arrive at an almost empty beach in the outskirts of Bayside.
    ((Though we probably can keep playing in this thread?))

"Come on! You can do it!", the pixie encourages as he makes a rolling motion with his hand. The beige mouse in front of him rolls over. "Yeees, that's a clever girl. Your mommy spent a lot of time with you, didn't she?" He takes a chip of dried coconut out of his chest pocket and rubs his hands all over it, as to apply pixie dust. Then he hands it to the happy beige mouse. The white mouse also gets a piece of pixie-dusted coconut for shaking his hand with her paw, and the black mouse gets one for walking backwards and giving him some more kisses. The magic dust's desired effect: anesthesia. To make things easier on the mice, and on the pixie guy as well.
    He's not gonna enjoy what comes next.

26. - Top - End - #356

Near the Portal (but with pistachio ice cream involved now!)

Your making it sound like that me wanting to leave my old boss was a recent development. I've been trying to get out of the leash he had on me for millennia. Never had a real chance until he found out about you. says Harold as he sits down.

He and I, way long ago, had an agreement. I was a beggar, regular mortal back then without the whole ability to ignore death, and the Shadow came up to me and offered me immortality and riches if I joined him. I was desperate, and I accepted the deal like a chump. Now the Shadow can lie, but the oaths he makes are bound by the gods themselves, so when I find out the Shadow isn't a God, he freaks out and kills me. Now this broke our first agreement, under the immortality clause, and the powers that be "blessed" me with what the Shadow offered me: true immortality.

Now as you can probably imagine, this pissed off the boss something fierce. He put me under years of torture under all the colors of the rainbow until I made a second deal with him. The deal was that if I ever betrayed my boss in any way, he would gain the ability to end my life. For the next couple thousand years he and I went to countless worlds with my boss unleashing havoc on the populace while I found subtle ways to ease their suffering without arousing suspicion from my boss. A quick painless death is better than decades or even centuries of torture, but I did other things too though. Things I'm not proud of, that no one in their right mind should be proud of. The whole "my evil master made me do those unforgivable atrocities" is an old excuse, but you haven't seen the Shadow when he puts his mind to something like he did with me. Arnold, the crazy old guy, that was something my old boss did while he was bored. While he was chasing him though he found out about this place, which set things in motion up that my old boss will hopefully kick the bucket soon.

So... that's my life story. Kind of over explanation, but it feels good to vent.

Harold finishes this story with a hesitant spoon of ice cream.

Hey, this is good. Who made this... wait. God in her own realm of existence. Easy question to answer, forget I asked.
    "Well, to me, it is a recent development. As I didn't know you or your boss even existed until, what," Civvy looks at her watch (she doesn't have a watch). "Three hairs and a scratch ago." She listens patiently, fairly frequently fidgeting to brush her bangs back out of her eyes.

"And that leads me to my question: Since you have officially left, I'm assuming he's still able to kill you, and you'd prefer that not to happen, yes?"

Then she grins. "I actually did not make that ice cream, but I will pass your compliments to the chef."

[Portal]

Strawberry looks at the huge, pink, magical passage in front of her. That magical part makes her feel uneasy, maybe even scared, even though she knows the magic belongs to a benevolent deity. It shows in her voice. "Uh... Yes? That's what we came here for, right? I was just kinda expecting for Civiron to intercept us now and turn your hair pinky."

If Grace moves them both through the portal now, Strawberry will close her eyes, hold her breath, and clench her fists in anticipation of... something bad, she doesn't even know what to expect. And if the other side's location is determined by where the person who passes through first wants to be, they'll arrive at an almost empty beach in the outskirts of Bayside.
    ((Though we probably can keep playing in this thread?))

"Come on! You can do it!", the pixie encourages as he makes a rolling motion with his hand. The beige mouse in front of him rolls over. "Yeees, that's a clever girl. Your mommy spent a lot of time with you, didn't she?" He takes a chip of dried coconut out of his chest pocket and rubs his hands all over it, as to apply pixie dust. Then he hands it to the happy beige mouse. The white mouse also gets a piece of pixie-dusted coconut for shaking his hand with her paw, and the black mouse gets one for walking backwards and giving him some more kisses. The magic dust's desired effect: anesthesia. To make things easier on the mice, and on the pixie guy as well.
    Well. They definitely arrive where Strawberry wanted them to arrive.
    If, by they, I actually mean 'just Strawberry'. Grace is no where to be seen.
    The wheelchair itself has also changed! Instead of the neato hover-chair it was, it's now just . . . a regular wheelchair. Nothing fancy, but of good quality. Still manually operated, but with wheels, instead of hovering! Only marker that it's anything potentially special, is a small heart key chain bauble dangling from it in an out of the way place.

Just, uh. Just no Grace. She'll probably show back up next post, after Strawberry has a bit of a worry.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

Well. They definitely arrive where Strawberry wanted them to arrive.
    If, by they, I actually mean 'just Strawberry'. Grace is no where to be seen.
    The wheelchair itself has also changed! Instead of the neato hover-chair it was, it's now just . . . a regular wheelchair. Nothing fancy, but of good quality. Still manually operated, but with wheels, instead of hovering! Only marker that it's anything potentially special, is a small heart key chain bauble dangling from it in an out of the way place.

Just, uh. Just no Grace. She'll probably show back up next post, after Strawberry has a bit of a worry.
    [Not In Civvy's Realm Anymore]

Aahh, the familiar smell of ocean breeze, coal smoke, and a hint of trash. "Hey, it really worked!", Strawberry exclaims, letting her gaze wander over the pretty gravely beach. Only after a few seconds does she notice how she's sitting in a completely different chair now. She gets a huge, completely unfounded scare and leaps out of the wheelchair, basically doing a belly flop to the ground. When she rolls over to take a good look at the chair, she also notices something else. "Grace? Grace where are you?" The mermaid's searching gaze wanders all over the place, she listens attentively for footsteps or a voice, and smells the air for the woman's strawberry-infused scent. Nothing.
    "Grace! I don't find this funny, please!" Now she's really getting stressed. Her heart rate goes up, her breaths get deeper and faster. Where is the hover chair? Where is her new friend? Did that magic portal take everything away again? Were they even real in the first place? Anxious and confused, she drags her body back to the chair and pulls herself up into a sitting position. Even though the coarse sand / fine gravel isn't great for wheelchairs, Strawberry's arms are powerful enough to move herself around the portal, to look for Grace on the backside. At this point, tears are forming in her eyes.

Yeah, she's having 'a bit' of a worry.

While the three mice are sleeping soundly in their cage, the pixie is standing on the kitchen table, writing a note to Strawberry. He has to hold down the big paper with his small foot, and wield the big pen with both of his small arms. When he's done, he glances at the wall clock. It's a little past something, Strawberry and her companion should have travelled through the portal just now. Satisfied with his plan and set-up, the pixie decides to leave the apartment. Through the front door, because that's the only exit he can shut again from the outside. Even if such a tiny person shouldn't even be strong enough to budge the door, he somehow manages to do it. Pixie dust or something.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-10 at 07:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Yup, he'll be after me if he survives the attack, which in all likelihood he won't. Dude with the chainsword is a scary fella. says Harold as he rubs his neck. Then he eats a spoonful of ice cream.

Silver lining though is even though I broke the deal with the Shadow, the second deal only says he'll have the ability to kill me,
    no else does. So if your team succeeds I'm home-free, so to speak.

29. - Top - End - #359

Portal

Yup, he'll be after me if he survives the attack, which in all likelihood he won't. Dude with the chainsword is a scary fella. says Harold as he rubs his neck. Then he eats a spoonful of ice cream.

Silver lining though is even though I broke the deal with the Shadow, the second deal only says he'll have the ability to kill me,
    no else does. So if your team succeeds I'm home-free, so to speak.
    Portal

"Oh, I very much doubt your boss is going to make it, I'm afraid. Buuuut, I suppose anooother part of why I'm here, is to offer you a chance to stay here at least until they can finish. No sense in letting him have an opening to get to you.

And as he cannot get in here at aaaaall, I think here's the safest place for you to hang out.""

[Not In Civvy's Realm Anymore]

Aahh, the familiar smell of ocean breeze, coal smoke, and a hint of trash. "Hey, it really worked!", Strawberry exclaims, letting her gaze wander over the pretty gravely beach. Only after a few seconds does she notice how she's sitting in a completely different chair now. She gets a huge, completely unfounded scare and leaps out of the wheelchair, basically doing a belly flop to the ground. When she rolls over to take a good look at the chair, she also notices something else. "Grace? Grace where are you?" The mermaid's searching gaze wanders all over the place, she listens attentively for footsteps or a voice, and smells the air for the woman's strawberry-infused scent. Nothing.
    "Grace! I don't find this funny, please!" Now she's really getting stressed. Her heart rate goes up, her breaths get deeper and faster. Where is the hover chair? Where is her new friend? Did that magic portal take everything away again? Were they even real in the first place? Anxious and confused, she drags her body back to the chair and pulls herself up into a sitting position. Even though the coarse sand / fine gravel isn't great for wheelchairs, Strawberry's arms are powerful enough to move herself around the portal, to look for Grace on the backside. At this point, tears are forming in her eyes.

Yeah, she's having 'a bit' of a worry.

While the three mice are sleeping soundly in their cage, the pixie is standing on the kitchen table, writing a note to Strawberry. He has to hold down the big paper with his small foot, and wield the big pen with both of his small arms. When he's done, he glances at the wall clock. It's a little past something, Strawberry and her companion should have travelled through the portal just now. Satisfied with his plan and set-up, the pixie decides to leave the apartment. Through the front door, because that's the only exit he can shut again from the outside. Even if such a tiny person shouldn't even be strong enough to budge the door, he somehow manages to do it. Pixie dust or something.
    Well, it only takes abouuuut 30 seconds before Grace is deposited nearby! Though, nearby actually kinda just means right into the edge of the ocean.
    Grace scrabbles, panics a bit, and kind of just dashes out of the water.
    She seems perfectly fine!

Well.
    Other than that her hair is cotton-candy pink, and she smells of the stuff, rather than strawberries. Apparently Civvy did come visit! Grace is too busy spluttering nothings to actually make any sort of attempt at conversation though.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

I'd say this is safest place to be in any circumstance. Thanks though for keeping me here. I'd imagine you want me gone the second said bucket is kicked though. No reason not to. I won't judge. I'd kick me out too. says Harold.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-07-12 at 02:22 PM.