New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Sniffy hops back over to Cherie again, and bats his head against her leg. These darn humans weren't paying attention to him!
    Pay attention to me!
    Fel scoops Sniffy up in her hand and puts him on her shoulder.

She returns her attention to Cherie.

Kinda why I'm here too, came to relax and get my mind offa stuff.

It's quite nice here.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, it only takes abouuuut 30 seconds before Grace is deposited nearby! Though, nearby actually kinda just means right into the edge of the ocean.
    Grace scrabbles, panics a bit, and kind of just dashes out of the water.
    She seems perfectly fine!

Well.
    Other than that her hair is cotton-candy pink, and she smells of the stuff, rather than strawberries. Apparently Civvy did come visit! Grace is too busy spluttering nothings to actually make any sort of attempt at conversation though.
    [Not In Civvy's Realm Anymore]

That moment when your godmodding admin friend spawns you in the water but water means game over.

Aaaaalso, it only takes about 29.4 seconds for Strawberry to get really stressed out. So she's really relieved when Grace appears in and scrambles out of the water. And she's got cotton candy for hair!
    The mermaid has to smile and chuckles, which very soon becomes laughter. Not just because Grace looks funny and adorable like that, but also out of sheer relief, and a little feeling stupid about her own panicky reaction, too.
    Grace is lucky she wasn't dropped within hugging distance.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gardens

"Besides the gates, I have only been here so far, but I have to agree, it is quite a lovely sight." Cherie looks over to Felandria, and continues with "And the gardens are nice as well." Did she just wink?

Cherie's expression turns a little more serious when she addresses Felandria's first point. "What sort of stuff? If you can impart it to a stranger, of course."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Gardens

"Besides the gates, I have only been here so far, but I have to agree, it is quite a lovely sight." Cherie looks over to Felandria, and continues with "And the gardens are nice as well." Did she just wink?

Cherie's expression turns a little more serious when she addresses Felandria's first point. "What sort of stuff? If you can impart it to a stranger, of course."
    Fel sighs wistfully as she pets Sniffy on her shoulder.

Love life stuff.

Kinda trying not to think about it, really.

5. - Top - End - #365

Gardens

Cherie's face falls and she shakes her head. "It's always sad when love is something we wish to forget." She's quick to recover, though. "I won't ask at specifics. But I do hope you are able to move on, a lady such as you should not resign herself to loneliness."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

Cherie's face falls and she shakes her head. "It's always sad when love is something we wish to forget." She's quick to recover, though. "I won't ask at specifics. But I do hope you are able to move on, a lady such as you should not resign herself to loneliness."
    Felandria has a wistful expression as she absentmindedly pets Sniffy

I hope so as well, it's why I'm here, trying to find inner peace and such.

Or something.

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Portal

I'd say this is safest place to be in any circumstance. Thanks though for keeping me here. I'd imagine you want me gone the second said bucket is kicked though. No reason not to. I won't judge. I'd kick me out too. says Harold.
    Portal

Civvy shrugs. "You are welcome. And no, I'm definitely not going to kick you out as soon as they're done. If you choose to leave, that is perfectly fine. But that will be your choice.
    If you wish to stay for a while, that is also perfectly fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Not In Civvy's Realm Anymore]

That moment when your godmodding admin friend spawns you in the water but water means game over.

Aaaaalso, it only takes about 29.4 seconds for Strawberry to get really stressed out. So she's really relieved when Grace appears in and scrambles out of the water. And she's got cotton candy for hair!
    The mermaid has to smile and chuckles, which very soon becomes laughter. Not just because Grace looks funny and adorable like that, but also out of sheer relief, and a little feeling stupid about her own panicky reaction, too.
    Grace is lucky she wasn't dropped within hugging distance.
    Outside Das Realm

Well. Doesn't exaaaactly mean game over.

Grace does pretty quickly enter hugging distance, though.
    "Did you see that?" Grace asks, almost breathlessly. "Darn near tried to kill me. And sent a message for you." Her voice even changed a bit with her hair. Not very much at all, truthfully, probably more just her player wanting to keep hair colors and text colors linked together. But it iiiis a touch different. "That you can, uh, keep the chair. If you go back, it'll, uh, it'll go fly-y again. Just not outside."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

Outside Das Realm

Well. Doesn't exaaaactly mean game over.

Grace does pretty quickly enter hugging distance, though.
    "Did you see that?" Grace asks, almost breathlessly. "Darn near tried to kill me. And sent a message for you." Her voice even changed a bit with her hair. Not very much at all, truthfully, probably more just her player wanting to keep hair colors and text colors linked together. But it iiiis a touch different. "That you can, uh, keep the chair. If you go back, it'll, uh, it'll go fly-y again. Just not outside."
    [das it mane]

When Grace starts talking to her, the mermaid calms down just a little. At least until her acute ears pick up the subtle shift in Grace's voice. She even sounds sweeter now! Strawberry laughs harder, even slapping her knee. Or at least slapping the part of her tail where her knees would be, if she had some.
    "I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but... your hair..." She is interrupted by her own laughter. "And, come on, the water's only, like, fifty centimeters deep around here. You won't drown, at least not while I'm still around." Strawberry still chuckles a little.

"I can keep it? Really? So it's, like, a magical transforming chair? That's... pretty cool." She inspects the little heart key chain bauble. "For a second there, I thought I had maybe hallucinated everything that had happened. The hovering chair, the paradise landscape, the music, you... Or even that the portal had possibly done something to you, like it did to the chair. But hey! Everything's good now!"
    Then, the apocalypse happens: Not even thinking about whether or not appropriate in this situation, Strawberry leans over and reaches out for Grace's waist, intent on giving the woman a happy hug. There is no running from the mighty grasp of a super soldier, Grace, you're done for! Muahahaha!
    At least the mermaid resisted the urge to touch her pink hair to check if it has turned into actual cotton candy. That would've definitely been inappropriate.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-16 at 08:15 AM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

9. - Top - End - #369

[das it mane]

When Grace starts talking to her, the mermaid calms down just a little. At least until her acute ears pick up the subtle shift in Grace's voice. She even sounds sweeter now! Strawberry laughs harder, even slapping her knee. Or at least slapping the part of her tail where her knees would be, if she had some.
    "I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but... your hair..." She is interrupted by her own laughter. "And, come on, the water's only, like, fifty centimeters deep around here. You won't drown, at least not while I'm still around." Strawberry still chuckles a little.

"I can keep it? Really? So it's, like, a magical transforming chair? That's... pretty cool." She inspects the little heart key chain bauble. "For a second there, I thought I had maybe hallucinated everything that had happened. The hovering chair, the paradise landscape, the music, you... Or even that the portal had possibly done something to you, like it did to the chair. But hey! Everything's good now!"
    Then, the apocalypse happens: Not even thinking about whether or not appropriate in this situation, Strawberry leans over and reaches out for Grace's waist, intent on giving the woman a happy hug. There is no running from the mighty grasp of a super soldier, Grace, you're done for! Muahahaha!
    At least the mermaid resisted the urge to touch her pink hair to check if it has turned into actual cotton candy. That would've definitely been inappropriate.
    Outside but where really is inside, you know?

"I mean," Grace admits, smiling a bit at Strawberry's enjoyment of her own situation. "It is kind of funny. And my hair is amazing, I'll have you know.

And yeah, looks like keep the chai-"
    And then came the hug. Grace's eyes widen a bit as she realizes that she strayed a bit too close.

What happens next depends entirely on Strawberry.
    As Strawberry goes for the hug, it becomes very rapidly apparent: Grace has no bones. And there is very, very little resistance to the hug, as hugging a normal person would have. So the question becomes: How tight was Strawberry's initial hug, and how long did it go for?
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

Outside but where really is inside, you know?

"I mean," Grace admits, smiling a bit at Strawberry's enjoyment of her own situation. "It is kind of funny. And my hair is amazing, I'll have you know.

And yeah, looks like keep the chai-"
    And then came the hug. Grace's eyes widen a bit as she realizes that she strayed a bit too close.

What happens next depends entirely on Strawberry.
    As Strawberry goes for the hug, it becomes very rapidly apparent: Grace has no bones. And there is very, very little resistance to the hug, as hugging a normal person would have. So the question becomes: How tight was Strawberry's initial hug, and how long did it go for?
    [there are no bones inside]

Well, Strawberry was expecting to kiiind of firmly hug a normal human body, so the applied force is probably large enough to give spineless Grace a serious squeeze. It doesn't last long though, maybe only a second, as Strawberry immediately pulls back upon learning just how squishy Grace is.
    She stares at her, at a loss of words. There's confusion written all over her face, and maybe a little fear, too.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Neat. Harold simply says.

Now I gotta ask, why'd ya let me in?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

12. - Top - End - #372

[there are no bones inside]

Well, Strawberry was expecting to kiiind of firmly hug a normal human body, so the applied force is probably large enough to give spineless Grace a serious squeeze. It doesn't last long though, maybe only a second, as Strawberry immediately pulls back upon learning just how squishy Grace is.
    She stares at her, at a loss of words. There's confusion written all over her face, and maybe a little fear, too.
    Insideout

"Uh.

. . .

Oops."
    Fortunately, Strawberry let go pretty quickly. The squeeze was serious enough though that Grace's entire waist is just . . . narrower than it used to be. Noticeably so. As though Strawberry's hug had compressed Grace's waist in on itself. Grace coughs slightly, then holds up a finger in a 'one moment' sort of movement. She plugs her nose with a pinch of her fingers, and visibly tries to blow through it. You know how, if you do that for yourself, the pressure builds up in your ears and you stop doing it pretty quickly?
    Well the same sort of pressure builds up in Grace. Just that with a nearly audible 'pop', her waist just fills back out from the squeezing, and she looks perfectly back to normal.
    "There we are!

Are- are you okay?"

Portal

Neat. Harold simply says.

Now I gotta ask, why'd ya let me in?
    Portal

"Whyyyyy not? Your boss is a bad guy. You wanted to break free. You helped me out in letting my Champion know where to go, soooooo. This is me giving you a chance to break free,
    and stay safe until you can break free."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria has a wistful expression as she absentmindedly pets Sniffy

I hope so as well, it's why I'm here, trying to find inner peace and such.

Or something.
    Cherie walks over to Felandria to sit next to her, dusting herself off. "Well, if there's anything I can help with, do let me know. We adventurers simply must support each other, don't you agree?"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Pixie in the Playground

Insideout

"Uh.

. . .

Oops."
    Fortunately, Strawberry let go pretty quickly. The squeeze was serious enough though that Grace's entire waist is just . . . narrower than it used to be. Noticeably so. As though Strawberry's hug had compressed Grace's waist in on itself. Grace coughs slightly, then holds up a finger in a 'one moment' sort of movement. She plugs her nose with a pinch of her fingers, and visibly tries to blow through it. You know how, if you do that for yourself, the pressure builds up in your ears and you stop doing it pretty quickly?
    Well the same sort of pressure builds up in Grace. Just that with a nearly audible 'pop', her waist just fills back out from the squeezing, and she looks perfectly back to normal.
    "There we are!

Are- are you okay?"
    [I hope her insides stay inside]

Expected her to blow into her thumb. Was disappointed.

Fortunately, Strawberry comes from a world where extensive body modification is absolutely normal, so her initial scare subsides pretty quickly. At least Grace's squishiness doesn't appear to be magical in nature, riiiiight?
    Strawberry can't help herself but stare at Grace's waist, both in its compressed state and as it pops back into shape. "Oh, I'm okay, no worries!", she says as she snaps back into reality. "But- what... what was that? Are you a plastic bottle?" Look, she can even get herself to make a bad joke and smile a little.

((Imagine if Strawberry was somehow taller and could hug Grace properly and then her torso goes all Quasimodo.))

15. - Top - End - #375

[I hope her insides stay inside]

Expected her to blow into her thumb. Was disappointed.

Fortunately, Strawberry comes from a world where extensive body modification is absolutely normal, so her initial scare subsides pretty quickly. At least Grace's squishiness doesn't appear to be magical in nature, riiiiight?
    Strawberry can't help herself but stare at Grace's waist, both in its compressed state and as it pops back into shape. "Oh, I'm okay, no worries!", she says as she snaps back into reality. "But- what... what was that? Are you a plastic bottle?" Look, she can even get herself to make a bad joke and smile a little.

((Imagine if Strawberry was somehow taller and could hug Grace properly and then her torso goes all Quasimodo.))
    What insides?

Well. Probably not magical in nature. But it's hard to tell.
    "That's good, good. I'm glad you're okay.
    That. Um. Was. Uhhhh."
    She blushes a bit -- it's a surprisingly pink blush --, and kicks at the sand a bit. "Iiiis why I've tried to avoid contact?"
    Evasive Grace continues to be evasive!
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-07-17 at 01:08 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Pixie in the Playground

What insides?

Well. Probably not magical in nature. But it's hard to tell.
    "That's good, good. I'm glad you're okay.
    That. Um. Was. Uhhhh."
    She blushes a bit -- it's a surprisingly pink blush --, and kicks at the sand a bit. "Iiiis why I've tried to avoid contact?"
    Evasive Grace continues to be evasive!
    [plot twist: Grace IS a plastic bottle]

"Uhh, I guess? Why shouldn't I be okay?", asks the person who frequently suffers panic attacks for little to no reason.
    But that extra-pink blush and kicking the sand, gosh, how can a fully grown human (human?) be so adorable? Strawberry giggles quietly, before her expression shifts into something more serious. "I... Alright, I won't ask if you don't want me to. Or- oooooorrrrr what if, if you tell me about that squishiness of yours, I'll tell you a little secret about myself, too?" The century-old woman absolutely feels like a child suggesting this. But hey, who says you need to actually act your age?

17. - Top - End - #377

[plot twist: Grace IS a plastic bottle]

"Uhh, I guess? Why shouldn't I be okay?", asks the person who frequently suffers panic attacks for little to no reason.
    But that extra-pink blush and kicking the sand, gosh, how can a fully grown human (human?) be so adorable? Strawberry giggles quietly, before her expression shifts into something more serious. "I... Alright, I won't ask if you don't want me to. Or- oooooorrrrr what if, if you tell me about that squishiness of yours, I'll tell you a little secret about myself, too?" The century-old woman absolutely feels like a child suggesting this. But hey, who says you need to actually act your age?
    OH MAH GWASH THE TWIST IS REAL

"I- uh-. . . don't know. Just felt obligated to ask." Then she just kind of shrugs. The cat's already out of the bag basically. Might as well just go for i-"I'm made of goo.

Your turn."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Pixie in the Playground

OH MAH GWASH THE TWIST IS REAL

"I- uh-. . . don't know. Just felt obligated to ask." Then she just kind of shrugs. The cat's already out of the bag basically. Might as well just go for i-"I'm made of goo.

Your turn."
    [a plastic bottle full of goo, at least?]

Strawberry is surprised, but not that surprised. There were fully amorphous creatures in her homeworld, and shortly before she had "left" it for the Nexus, a fully functional, amorphous body for humans had been unveiled. Also, she had seen other goo-people in the Nexus before, so she had kinda expected a more grave confession from Grace.
    "Is that it?" Immediately, Strawberry covers her mouth with her hand, realizing what she just said, before continuing. "I- I mean, really? You don't really look like- um... That's actually pretty cool! Right? Or, no, isn't it imprac... um... alright, my turn!" Being made of goo seems to be a pretty big deal for Grace, and the mermaid just said something really stupid, so she can't exactly answer with an easy little fact now. It'd have to be something more personal. She thinks for a moment, which seamlessly transitions into hesitation as she starts to blush a little.
    "Alright, umm... my breasts, they're actually bladders connected to my esophagus." She plugs her nose with a pinch of her fingers, and visibly tries to blow through it. You know how, if you do that for yourself, the pressure builds up in your ears and you stop doing it pretty quickly? Except that in Strawberry's case, neither her ears nor her waist pop, instead her breasts are literally inflating from B to FF. A change that's easily visible even under her body-concealing, loose-fit, beige dress. And that pinching nose thing wasn't really needed actually, she just wanted to imitate what Grace did. "You know, so you can fill them with air for extra buoyancy when carrying heavy load underwater, or fill them with water so you won't get thirsty if you're on dry land for long periods, or fill them with biodiesel so you have an internal food source for a week or so, or deflate them so you're more streamlined when swimming fast or so you can better crawl on land, or, I dunno, maybe the gene engineers just didn't want to leave female soldiers breastless..." When Strawberry finishes her embarrassing explanation, her face is pretty much as deep blue as the ocean, and she avoids eye contact. She's also fidgeting with her finger webbing, more than ever before.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-17 at 04:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Neat, once again. Thanks, again. says Harold.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

20. - Top - End - #380

[a plastic bottle full of goo, at least?]

Strawberry is surprised, but not that surprised. There were fully amorphous creatures in her homeworld, and shortly before she had "left" it for the Nexus, a fully functional, amorphous body for humans had been unveiled. Also, she had seen other goo-people in the Nexus before, so she had kinda expected a more grave confession from Grace.
    "Is that it?" Immediately, Strawberry covers her mouth with her hand, realizing what she just said, before continuing. "I- I mean, really? You don't really look like- um... That's actually pretty cool! Right? Or, no, isn't it imprac... um... alright, my turn!" Being made of goo seems to be a pretty big deal for Grace, and the mermaid just said something really stupid, so she can't exactly answer with an easy little fact now. It'd have to be something more personal. She thinks for a moment, which seamlessly transitions into hesitation as she starts to blush a little.
    "Alright, umm... my breasts, they're actually bladders connected to my esophagus." She plugs her nose with a pinch of her fingers, and visibly tries to blow through it. You know how, if you do that for yourself, the pressure builds up in your ears and you stop doing it pretty quickly? Except that in Strawberry's case, neither her ears nor her waist pop, instead her breasts are literally inflating from B to FF. A change that's easily visible even under her body-concealing, loose-fit, beige dress. And that pinching nose thing wasn't really needed actually, she just wanted to imitate what Grace did. "You know, so you can fill them with air for extra buoyancy when carrying heavy load underwater, or fill them with water so you won't get thirsty if you're on dry land for long periods, or fill them with biodiesel so you have an internal food source for a week or so, or deflate them so you're more streamlined when swimming fast or so you can better crawl on land, or, I dunno, maybe the gene engineers just didn't want to leave female soldiers breastless..." When Strawberry finishes her embarrassing explanation, her face is pretty much as deep blue as the ocean, and she avoids eye contact. She's also fidgeting with her finger webbing, more than ever before.
    No Plastic here! Just pure goo-dness

This was . . . well this was actually pretty nice. She had expected a lot worse. Heck, she was used to a lot worse. She had expected comments, possibly anger, poorly misunderstood ideas about her entire race, and straight up racism. This was . . . this was far better than she had expected.
    "I mean, I'd say a lot of things are impra-excusemewhatdidyousay?" Then she just falls silent, and watches Strawberry. Her eyes glance downwards a bit when Strawberry's dress shifts, but she manages to at least mostly maintain eye contact.
    "That-" Grace starts, before just breaking out in a really doofy grin, and giggling uncontrollably. She knows she shouldn't, but she's just so relieved. "I shouldn't giggle! I'm sorry! That's, well, that's uh. That's quite the party trick.

But that's also pretty much exactly why I avoid the water. Instead of just,"
    She waves a hand vaguely. "It's more like. Everywhere.
    And I mean it. It makes sense. And thank you for trusting me to tell me that. I shouldn't giggle."

Portal

Neat, once again. Thanks, again. says Harold.
    Portal

"Yeah, of course! You're welcome to putter around, or if you'd like anything in particular, I'll see what I can do?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-07-18 at 08:11 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Pixie in the Playground

No Plastic here! Just pure goo-dness

This was . . . well this was actually pretty nice. She had expected a lot worse. Heck, she was used to a lot worse. She had expected comments, possibly anger, poorly misunderstood ideas about her entire race, and straight up racism. This was . . . this was far better than she had expected.
    "I mean, I'd say a lot of things are impra-excusemewhatdidyousay?" Then she just falls silent, and watches Strawberry. Her eyes glance downwards a bit when Strawberry's dress shifts, but she manages to at least mostly maintain eye contact.
    "That-" Grace starts, before just breaking out in a really doofy grin, and giggling uncontrollably. She knows she shouldn't, but she's just so relieved. "I shouldn't giggle! I'm sorry! That's, well, that's uh. That's quite the party trick.

But that's also pretty much exactly why I avoid the water. Instead of just,"
    She waves a hand vaguely. "It's more like. Everywhere.
    And I mean it. It makes sense. And thank you for trusting me to tell me that. I shouldn't giggle."
    [that's goo-d to hear]

If Grace knew how much of that Strawberry has experienced as well. Turns out there's a lot of stereotypes and misconceptions about merfolk / engineered lifeforms / super soldiers.
    "Yeah, you shouldn't laugh!", she agrees and pouts a little. That pout doesn't last long, though, as she soon breaks into grinning and giggling herself. Though hers is more out of embarrassment."But I must admit it's hard not to." A hissing, slightly belchy sound escapes her gullet as her chest deflates back to B. "Might make for a good party trick, yes, although I'd rather not. I usually don't mention it to anyone, let alone demonstrate it. But you entrusted me with your secret too, so, yeah."
    Strawberry tries to change the subject to something less awkward. For her, at least. But being made of goo seems to be a touchy subject for Grace, so she should probably stick with easy, non-invasive questions.
    "Sooo does that maybe mean you kinda dissolve in water or something the like?"

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

"Yeah, of course! You're welcome to putter around, or if you'd like anything in particular, I'll see what I can do?"
    Thanks, again. says Harold.

23. - Top - End - #383

[that's goo-d to hear]

If Grace knew how much of that Strawberry has experienced as well. Turns out there's a lot of stereotypes and misconceptions about merfolk / engineered lifeforms / super soldiers.
    "Yeah, you shouldn't laugh!", she agrees and pouts a little. That pout doesn't last long, though, as she soon breaks into grinning and giggling herself. Though hers is more out of embarrassment."But I must admit it's hard not to." A hissing, slightly belchy sound escapes her gullet as her chest deflates back to B. "Might make for a good party trick, yes, although I'd rather not. I usually don't mention it to anyone, let alone demonstrate it. But you entrusted me with your secret too, so, yeah."
    Strawberry tries to change the subject to something less awkward. For her, at least. But being made of goo seems to be a touchy subject for Grace, so she should probably stick with easy, non-invasive questions.
    "Sooo does that maybe mean you kinda dissolve in water or something the like?"
    Don't Goo Overboard With The Jokes Now loljk

Grace coughs once, politely casting her gaze aside. "Anyway, um, yeah." She says, stammering just a little bit. She decides to focus on just the last bit, so to hopefully make things a bit less awkward for poor Strawberry. "I really don't. I just . . . act like a sponge. Just keep on absorbing more and more water. I hold together just fine. Just gets really awkward trying to explain why, say, I grew a foot in the last thirty or so seconds."

Thanks, again. says Harold.
    "Yeah, of course.

Sooooo.
    Now what?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't Goo Overboard With The Jokes Now loljk

Grace coughs once, politely casting her gaze aside. "Anyway, um, yeah." She says, stammering just a little bit. She decides to focus on just the last bit, so to hopefully make things a bit less awkward for poor Strawberry. "I really don't. I just . . . act like a sponge. Just keep on absorbing more and more water. I hold together just fine. Just gets really awkward trying to explain why, say, I grew a foot in the last thirty or so seconds."
    [k]

Strawberry's eyes widen in surprise. "You grow extra body parts when you absorb water?" Words of a true metric user. "But then, how do you..." No, don't ask how Grace showers. "...uh, then, how come you, ummmm..." The mermaid is visibly at a loss of words, as she doesn't want to ask anything ignorant or insensitive now. "...does that mean that if you stay in water for a few minutes you become a giant? Or also that it won't hurt if you stub your toe on furniture? That sounds pretty cool actually."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Cherie walks over to Felandria to sit next to her, dusting herself off. "Well, if there's anything I can help with, do let me know. We adventurers simply must support each other, don't you agree?"
    Oh, absolutely.

So, what's your specialty?

I'm a sorceress, myself.

((Is there a Cherie description anywheres?))

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

I dunno. Your realm. Y'know chess? asks Harold.

27. - Top - End - #387

[k]

Strawberry's eyes widen in surprise. "You grow extra body parts when you absorb water?" Words of a true metric user. "But then, how do you..." No, don't ask how Grace showers. "...uh, then, how come you, ummmm..." The mermaid is visibly at a loss of words, as she doesn't want to ask anything ignorant or insensitive now. "...does that mean that if you stay in water for a few minutes you become a giant? Or also that it won't hurt if you stub your toe on furniture? That sounds pretty cool actually."
    it was a joke plz, not even a goo-d one

Grace blinks a few times, not entirely sure what Strawberry mea-OHRIGHTMETRIC. "Oh! You use metric? That's fine! Metric's great. I'll keep that in mind." Then she just watches, and starts to smile a bit. Grace tilts her head, her newly pink hair falling from one side of her face to the other. "You're absolutely welcome to ask whatever. I can see that you want to. Now that the cat's out of the bag, it's not a touchy subject any more. Just . . . it's broaching it that's difficult.

So to answer your questions so far, yes. And yes. That is exactly why I avoid the water. It makes passing off as human pretty much impossible.
    Aaaaand yeah. That is also true. I don't have nerves like most people,"
    she admits, scratching at the back of her head, almost looking a bit embarrassed. "So. Um. Yeah. Yeah it just kinda smooshes my foot a bit. Which doesn't hurt at all, and is barely an inconvenience."

Portal

I dunno. Your realm. Y'know chess? asks Harold.
    Portal

"Nope!" Civvy admits with a doofy, cheerful grin. "And lemme tell ya, it's never gonna happen. It's just not fun.

Do you play Magic?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

I used to until it became less about skill and more about who has the most money. How about Munchkin? replies Harold.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

it was a joke plz, not even a goo-d one

Grace blinks a few times, not entirely sure what Strawberry mea-OHRIGHTMETRIC. "Oh! You use metric? That's fine! Metric's great. I'll keep that in mind." Then she just watches, and starts to smile a bit. Grace tilts her head, her newly pink hair falling from one side of her face to the other. "You're absolutely welcome to ask whatever. I can see that you want to. Now that the cat's out of the bag, it's not a touchy subject any more. Just . . . it's broaching it that's difficult.

So to answer your questions so far, yes. And yes. That is exactly why I avoid the water. It makes passing off as human pretty much impossible.
    Aaaaand yeah. That is also true. I don't have nerves like most people,"
    she admits, scratching at the back of her head, almost looking a bit embarrassed. "So. Um. Yeah. Yeah it just kinda smooshes my foot a bit. Which doesn't hurt at all, and is barely an inconvenience."
    [Goo jokes are a squishy concept. My brain feels like slime, no goo-d jokes oozing out that I could fire back.]

"Oooohhhh Imperial units, I should have known, sorry. I know Imperial measurements, it's just that my brain is entrenched so deep in metric, that, you know, yeah. In my home world, it's basically all metric. Just the United Kingdom still uses Imperial stuff." She makes a vague hand gesture that doesn't really mean anything.

Strawberry's face clears up. "Ask whatever? Alrighty, will do!" She takes a deep breath. "How come you look exactly like a human? I've seen goo-people on TV before and met one or two, but they've all been really slimy and kinda translucent. And, sorry for getting so personal now but the curiosity is overwhelming me: how do you shower? Or bathe?"

Strawberry chuckles a little. "Not feeling pain is quite convenient, I know! Consider yourself lucky about that." Then, her smile fades, the sun's light grows dim and grey, sad piano music starts playing and the camera slowly zooms in on the mermaid's grey, traumatized face. "I- I still remember it...", she quietly says, her voice cracking, her watery eyes staring at something impossibly far away. "...back then, how I stubbed my toe." Then everything instantly goes back to being a sunny day on the beach, and Strawberry is smiling once again.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-20 at 01:23 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390

Gardens

One description post!

While Felandria pets the teeny dragon, she may notice the other woman heading to the creek, dressed in far too much red. A red capelet coat, red pants, even red boots. She stops next to the water and spares a glance at Felandria, smiling a little before reaching into the creek and washing her face. She also lifts up her red (of course) tricorne hat, revealing definitely-not-natural bright blue hair, as well as a pair of cat ears atop her head. She also has a tail protruding from under her coattail.
    However, this description doesn't touch on a few things Fel has probably seen by now, such as her relatively small stature, and her dark blue eyes.

Cherie shrugs. "I don't like to limit myself to any one discipline. For now, I go into the unknown as a red mage, but that could change as soon as tomorrow!" She chuckles. "A sorceress, though?
    I've never heard of that one, it must be of this world. What sorts of magic do you employ?"