New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Odd Clearing

Cherie chuckled at the sight, it seemed that Sniffy's allegiances shifted as quickly as the tide. "Well, our little friend has certainly made his choice. Shall we, Felandria dear?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Odd Clearing

Oh my, yes, let's go, I'm probably as hungry as Sniffy is.

Felandria stands back up and motions for Sniffy to join them as they head to town for noms!

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Somewhere Indeed!

Harold is quite the opposite. He fights like a madman, dodging in mock fear at one point only to get in just the right position and making a killing blow in the next. Seeing as Harold basically lived the dark souls life, it stands to reason that this might actually be how he fights. Anywho, he's great at the game, unlike the guy who's narrating him :(
    Probably Naku's clearing. Because it's amusing, and Naku would likely object

"So." Civvy says, after sitting back down at a bonfire again because she had lost a little itty bitty bit of health and didn't want to waste a heal. "How do you think the crew is doing against your boss?"

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Odd Clearing

Cherie chuckled at the sight, it seemed that Sniffy's allegiances shifted as quickly as the tide. "Well, our little friend has certainly made his choice. Shall we, Felandria dear?"
    Sniffy's allied to the hand that feeds him. Therefor, he is the most loyal!

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Odd Clearing

Oh my, yes, let's go, I'm probably as hungry as Sniffy is.

Felandria stands back up and motions for Sniffy to join them as they head to town for noms!
    Sniffy does, indeed, follow along!

The town is full of . . . well everything, really.
    So the question is: What are they after? Because they'll find it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #454

Odd Clearing -> Town

Cherie stepped down the stone pathways, looking at the buildings. "Felandria dear, you did say you wanted breakfast foods, correct? You'll have to enlighten me on what you like. I normally start my day off with tea and scones,
    but I'd like to know your tastes as well!"
    She said, giving Fel a soft smile.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

Odd Clearing -> Town

Cherie stepped down the stone pathways, looking at the buildings. "Felandria dear, you did say you wanted breakfast foods, correct? You'll have to enlighten me on what you like. I normally start my day off with tea and scones,
    When I arrived in the Nexus, I was introduced to biscuits and gravy, and bacon, so I definitely want some of that.

Along with some fruit juice and some delightful company.

She reaches down to give Sniffy a scritch and another bit of jerky.

What is a scone anyway?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Probably Naku's clearing. Because it's amusing, and Naku would likely object

"So." Civvy says, after sitting back down at a bonfire again because she had lost a little itty bitty bit of health and didn't want to waste a heal. "How do you think the crew is doing against your boss?"
    That is pretty funny

Old boss, and I think they're doing fine. If they actualy listened to me, or found some way to null the Shadow's magic, he's nothing but a lump of sentient play-do. Nimnarath's real power was making allies. Oh, wait. Forgot to tell them about Joe Bob. Ah, they'll be fine.

Two things Harold notices, one: That was the first time he had actually said Nimnarath's name in millennia, and two: Civvy most likely didn't know who Joe Bob was.

Joe's a storm spirit. His name isn't really Joe, he's as far as human as a thing can get. Think of every poisonous bug in a colony together surrounded by a storm that randomly shoots lightning bolts at people. That's Joe in a nutshell. Nimnarath and I met him a few thousand years ago, and Nimmy (a nickname he's probably heard Civvy say at this point) immediately saw potential in having Joe around. So, Nimnarath bound him to the tower, allowing the place to be shrouded in a permanent storm and gave a last line of defense in case Nimnarath ever went down in combat.

I've only seen Joe fight once, it was against a team of five paladins. They had downed me, and I was playing dead. They thought Nimnarath was just a demon and didn't prepare for him right. They wasted all of their resources, and when Nimnarath was on the ropes, he bleed into the floor. The raging storm above him parted, and the paladins got into a circle looking out in all directions. Joe appeared inside the circle, and took out two of them in the first section. The paladins flipped back around, two of them tried to smite evil, but Joe dodged both by backing into the third. The bugs that that one. He died from the venom. The last two paladins were wearing two different sets of armor. The one on the right had on leather, and the one on the left had on a breastplate. Joe sent a lightning bolt at the one on the left. His armor betrayed him, and he melted into a pulp. The one on the right was deafened, and in his confusion the bugs got him. In the time it takes me to take three steps, Joe killed five fully trained paladins. Knights sworn to protect the weak.I just watched him do it, playing dead. What does that say about me?

While Harold tells his horrific story, his eyes seem distant. It's obvious that this experience as well as many others has scarred him, and those scars will probably never heal in the eternity Harold has left.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

7. - Top - End - #457

Odd Clearing -> Town

When I arrived in the Nexus, I was introduced to biscuits and gravy, and bacon, so I definitely want some of that.

Along with some fruit juice and some delightful company.

She reaches down to give Sniffy a scritch and another bit of jerky.

What is a scone anyway?
    Sniffy gladly nomificates the offered jerky. Jerky is delicious.

There are definitely places that serve all those things! Though they might give the duo a bit of an odd look for dragging in one of those Wild Dragon Things from the wilderness into their shop.

That is pretty funny

Old boss, and I think they're doing fine. If they actualy listened to me, or found some way to null the Shadow's magic, he's nothing but a lump of sentient play-do. Nimnarath's real power was making allies. Oh, wait. Forgot to tell them about Joe Bob. Ah, they'll be fine.

Two things Harold notices, one: That was the first time he had actually said Nimnarath's name in millennia, and two: Civvy most likely didn't know who Joe Bob was.

Joe's a storm spirit. His name isn't really Joe, he's as far as human as a thing can get. Think of every poisonous bug in a colony together surrounded by a storm that randomly shoots lightning bolts at people. That's Joe in a nutshell. Nimnarath and I met him a few thousand years ago, and Nimmy (a nickname he's probably heard Civvy say at this point) immediately saw potential in having Joe around. So, Nimnarath bound him to the tower, allowing the place to be shrouded in a permanent storm and gave a last line of defense in case Nimnarath ever went down in combat.

I've only seen Joe fight once, it was against a team of five paladins. They had downed me, and I was playing dead. They thought Nimnarath was just a demon and didn't prepare for him right. They wasted all of their resources, and when Nimnarath was on the ropes, he bleed into the floor. The raging storm above him parted, and the paladins got into a circle looking out in all directions. Joe appeared inside the circle, and took out two of them in the first section. The paladins flipped back around, two of them tried to smite evil, but Joe dodged both by backing into the third. The bugs that that one. He died from the venom. The last two paladins were wearing two different sets of armor. The one on the right had on leather, and the one on the left had on a breastplate. Joe sent a lightning bolt at the one on the left. His armor betrayed him, and he melted into a pulp. The one on the right was deafened, and in his confusion the bugs got him. In the time it takes me to take three steps, Joe killed five fully trained paladins. Knights sworn to protect the weak.I just watched him do it, playing dead. What does that say about me?

While Harold tells his horrific story, his eyes seem distant. It's obvious that this experience as well as many others has scarred him, and those scars will probably never heal in the eternity Harold has left.
    Naku's Clearing

"Preeetty sure the job's done, yeah. From what she's told me, Naku and co. are now out getting drinks. Those lazy people them.

Well. If they've already left, I guess the 'last line' failed?"
    Then she just looks at him, eyebrow raised slightly. "I- . . . that- . . . I really, really didn't need to know any of them. I am sorry you had to see that, though. That does not sound good at all."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's Clearing

Joe might claim that he's "just a merc", but no matter how much evil he may have destroyed, Joe's still a monster. Harold mutters.

The way we met Joe was that Nimnarath had killed his previous master. If Joe survives your inquisition, I wouldn't put it past him to offer his services for you as a guardian spirit.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #459

Naku's Clearing

Joe might claim that he's "just a merc", but no matter how much evil he may have destroyed, Joe's still a monster. Harold mutters.

The way we met Joe was that Nimnarath had killed his previous master. If Joe survives your inquisition, I wouldn't put it past him to offer his services for you as a guardian spirit.
    Naku's Clearing

Civvy just looks at him. Then blinks a few times.

Then just laughs a bit. "Ooooh. Yeah. Yeah. I don't need his services, nor would I accept them if I did.
    Besides! That's Naku's job. I can't just give it away."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-09-24 at 11:41 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460

Town -> Breakfast Diner

Cherie scoffed. "You've never had a scone? Felandria, my dear, you have not lived! Scones are pieces of sweet bread. They are such a delight with morning tea. Perhaps you'd like to come to my house for a sample?" She let out a little giggle, softly waving her tail. "But for now, I'd certainly like to taste your perfect breakfast, and I can certainly provide delightful company."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's Clearing

Civvy just looks at him. Then blinks a few times.

Then just laughs a bit. "Ooooh. Yeah. Yeah. I don't need his services, nor would I accept them if I did.
    Besides! That's Naku's job. I can't just give it away."
    Humf, Harold grunts.

Know any good therapists? I might need one.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Town -> Breakfast Diner

Fel giggles.

I would like that.

After Breakfast, of course.

And company.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

A new visitor comes through the portal. It's a young human woman with pale skin, light blonde hair and green eyes. She's wearing a pair of glasses, and a very respectable brown vest over a green jumper, and a long skirt in a lighter shade of yellow. There's a pattern of alchemical symbols on the hem of the dress, and a sigil on the back of the vest. She's also wearing a gleaming wedding band on her finger. She takes a look around after leaving the portal, before heading to the town. She has some questions to ask, so might as well start there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #464

Humf, Harold grunts.

Know any good therapists? I might need one.
    "I'm afraid I really don't. There has to be one around though. It's the Nexus. There's at least one of everything."

Town -> Breakfast Diner

Fel giggles.

I would like that.

And company.
    Sniffy, as expected, draws some odd looks from the people of the Breakfast Diner. They all know about the dragons of the forest, but very few have actually seen one. But he seems friendly, so they don't really mind at all, and instead politely ask what the duo would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Portal]

A new visitor comes through the portal. It's a young human woman with pale skin, light blonde hair and green eyes. She's wearing a pair of glasses, and a very respectable brown vest over a green jumper, and a long skirt in a lighter shade of yellow. There's a pattern of alchemical symbols on the hem of the dress, and a sigil on the back of the vest. She's also wearing a gleaming wedding band on her finger. She takes a look around after leaving the portal, before heading to the town. She has some questions to ask, so might as well start there.
    Portal

The newcomer doesn't get toooooo far from the portal, before Naku comes out to meet her!
    Wait. That's not Naku at all. She kinda looks like Naku: tall, dark purple hair, red eyes, pale skin, human, but definitely a vampire. Except that she's not tall at all. And the adorable little kitty ears atop her head would argue she's definitely not human either.
    "Hello! I'm Naku, welcome to Civvy's afterlife and paradise." She does sound like Naku though, other than an odd inflection on her own name. "Can I help with anything?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid I really don't. There has to be one around though. It's the Nexus. There's at least one of everything."

Harold chuckles: True. Anything you want to know about your would-be-underrated-arch-nemisis?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Dorota stops and looks mildly perplexed for a moment, before giving a slight bow.

"Greetings. I'm Dorota Séregon, a master alchemist from Inside. I'm doing research on deities and gods. So I would like to maybe ask some questions to the people here, since they live in a goddess' own realm."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #467

Harold chuckles: True. Anything you want to know about your would-be-underrated-arch-nemisis?
    Civvy shrugs a bit. "Don't think so. Unless after he dies he's not going to leave me alone? Since he's dead now. So Iunno that it matters any more."

[Portal]

Dorota stops and looks mildly perplexed for a moment, before giving a slight bow.

"Greetings. I'm Dorota Séregon, a master alchemist from Inside. I'm doing research on deities and gods. So I would like to maybe ask some questions to the people here, since they live in a goddess' own realm."
    Portal

Naku blinks a few times, tilting her head slightly, as her tail twitches in that feline sort of way. "I see! Well I just visit here nyow and again. But I can guide you to some people that could better nyanswer your questions, if you would like. And do you want to talk to people, or Civvy herself?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Dorota blinks, and pushes her glasses up her nose.

"I... didn't know talking to her in person was an option. Does she often receive guests just like that?"

19. - Top - End - #469

[Portal]

Dorota blinks, and pushes her glasses up her nose.

"I... didn't know talking to her in person was an option. Does she often receive guests just like that?"
    Portal

"Y-yeah. Of course. We don't get terribly many living guests, and she does enjoy meeting new people."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Seems Civvy is much different from the gods whose veracity she's trying to determine. Well, only one way to really find out.

"Then it will be my pleasure to speak with her. Could you show me to her?"

21. - Top - End - #471

[Portal]

Seems Civvy is much different from the gods whose veracity she's trying to determine. Well, only one way to really find out.

"Then it will be my pleasure to speak with her. Could you show me to her?"
    Portal

Naku's kitty ears twitch, almost like she's listening to something else for just a moment.
    "Of course! This way!" Before leading them both off towards the infinitely spanning flower garden.

Civvy's not far inside where the flowers begin, and is just sitting on a bench, dipping her toes into the gurgling creek directly in front of her, and humming a happy, silly little tune to herself.

They'd arrive fairly quickly, unless Dorota has any more questions for Naku?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Dorota doesn't have more questions for Naku. She might ask some later, but first she'd like to talk to the goddess herself. When they arrive before Civvy, she gives her a formal bow and waits for Naku to introduce her.

23. - Top - End - #473

[Portal]

Dorota doesn't have more questions for Naku. She might ask some later, but first she'd like to talk to the goddess herself. When they arrive before Civvy, she gives her a formal bow and waits for Naku to introduce her.
    Portal -> Flower Garden

"Civvy, this is Dorota. Dorota, this is Civvy."
    "Hallo!"
    "So I'll take my leave. Enjoy. I'll be around." And with that, Naku's just . . . gone.

Civvy pats at the bench next to her, inviting Dorota to take a seat.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota sits down and proceeds to explain her purpose.

"Thank you for meeting me personally. I'm an alchemist, but I've become preoccupied with more... esoteric subjects, lately. Gods, to be specific. I would like to... well, I'd like to know if the gods I was raised to worship were ever real. And talking to deities I know are real seems like a good first step. Would you be willing to tell me more about what it's like to be a goddess?"

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Civvy shrugs a bit. "Don't think so. Unless after he dies he's not going to leave me alone? Since he's dead now. So Iunno that it matters any more."

Eh, true. Could tell you about some of his so called allies that have an equal chance to swear vengeance or revere you, adds Harold.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-07 at 07:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476

Town -> Breakfast Diner

Fel giggles.

I would like that.

And company.
    Cherie gave a mirthful chuckle. "Then I shall provide, my dear." Once the wait staff approached the two for an order, she deferred to Felandria. It'd be rude to order before her, after all.

27. - Top - End - #477

[Flower Garden]

Dorota sits down and proceeds to explain her purpose.

"Thank you for meeting me personally. I'm an alchemist, but I've become preoccupied with more... esoteric subjects, lately. Gods, to be specific. I would like to... well, I'd like to know if the gods I was raised to worship were ever real. And talking to deities I know are real seems like a good first step. Would you be willing to tell me more about what it's like to be a goddess?"
    Flower Garden

"Of course! I enjoy talking to people.
    That seems like a great idea!"
    Civvy says, clapping her hands together ones. "And I would love to help!

Though I'm not sure I can answer that."
    She frowns a bit, biting at her lower lip. "Because I just don't have the frame of comparison that others might.
    But I will gladly try.
    I don't need to sleep, though sleep is awesome. Same for food. Or drink. I just kind of can feel everything going on in my realm, but can tune it out to give people privacy, and I try not to eavesdrop.
    There are whispers always going through my head of my followers asking for things, be it healing, smiting of whatever, or just to have a good day the next day.
    And there's a whole bunch of paperwork. So very much paperwork."

Eh, true. Could tell you about some of his so called allies that have an equal chance to swear vengeance or revere you, adds Harold.
    Civvy shrugs a bit. "Sure. Why not."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota has produced a notepad at some point, and is taking notes rapidly.

"If it's not too personal a question, were you always a goddess? How did you came to be one?"

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Civvy shrugs a bit. "Sure. Why not."
    Harold considers for minute, and says: Already talked about Joe. There's another guy, goes by the name of Doctor John or Jacob. Never uses his real name. Think he's a Gnome or a Halfling, something small. He's a voodoo priest, had relied on Nimnarath as an information broker on the spirit realm, but I figure he was just waiting until he could take Nimnarath's power for himself. He's definitely more powerful than Nimmy, he's like a little magical MacGyver. Then there's Jonas Sinclair. He's a cyborg, a biology expert. Ever since Nimnarath burned him into a suit he's been chasing him across the multiverse. There's Krell, an elven mage who kills in Nimarath's name. There's another mage too who goes by Lucimar the Lich-Wolf, an undead gnoll who specialized in necromancy but last I heard he was destroyed by a preist of a death god. He may still be around though, can never be too sure with liches. Lastly there's The Riverman, also known as He-Who-Wades, also known as Kharon, also known as whatever he wants to be known as. He's a low powered death god, and one of three gods Nimnarath bargained with in order to attain his unlife. I don't know the other two. That's all the people I can remember who are still alive, or have a high chance of still being alive, that are still around. says Harold in a fit of exposition.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Flower Garden]

Dorota has produced a notepad at some point, and is taking notes rapidly.

"If it's not too personal a question, were you always a goddess? How did you came to be one?"
    Flower Garden

"It's not too personal at all; no worries!" With that though, Civvy starts splashing a bit in the creek with a foot. "As for how,
    I just . . . I just did? I didn't exist at all, then suddenly one day I just. I just did.
    It's a fairly lame answer, I'm afraid, but that's how it goes."

Harold considers for minute, and says: Already talked about Joe. There's another guy, goes by the name of Doctor John or Jacob. Never uses his real name. Think he's a Gnome or a Halfling, something small. He's a voodoo priest, had relied on Nimnarath as an information broker on the spirit realm, but I figure he was just waiting until he could take Nimnarath's power for himself. He's definitely more powerful than Nimmy, he's like a little magical MacGyver. Then there's Jonas Sinclair. He's a cyborg, a biology expert. Ever since Nimnarath burned him into a suit he's been chasing him across the multiverse. There's Krell, an elven mage who kills in Nimarath's name. There's another mage too who goes by Lucimar the Lich-Wolf, an undead gnoll who specialized in necromancy but last I heard he was destroyed by a preist of a death god. He may still be around though, can never be too sure with liches. Lastly there's The Riverman, also known as He-Who-Wades, also known as Kharon, also known as whatever he wants to be known as. He's a low powered death god, and one of three gods Nimnarath bargained with in order to attain his unlife. I don't know the other two. That's all the people I can remember who are still alive, or have a high chance of still being alive, that are still around. says Harold in a fit of exposition.
    "Hmmm." Civvy's not entirely sure what to make of that, or how even really to respond. "Well. Thanks for the heads up.
    If any show up, I'll just politely decline their offers, and send them on their way."
    Show