New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Cherie gave a mirthful chuckle. "Then I shall provide, my dear." Once the wait staff approached the two for an order, she deferred to Felandria. It'd be rude to order before her, after all.
    Felandria smiles at the waitstaff.

Ooh, Hi!

I'd like the biscuits and gravy, with extra bacon, and a pitcher of apple juice.

She turns to Cherie.

And what would you like, my dear?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota considers this information for a moment.

"So you just... came to be. Mysterious. That's primarily what I'm interested in. How gods come to exist, and why. Sometimes they seem created by belief, but often they emerge from the universe."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Flower Garden]

Dorota considers this information for a moment.

"So you just... came to be. Mysterious. That's primarily what I'm interested in. How gods come to exist, and why. Sometimes they seem created by belief, but often they emerge from the universe."
    Flower Garden

"Yup! That's it!
    To my understanding, at the time, the Nexus just didn't have a god of hope. Or there was just a power to be harnessed, and so there I was.

I really don't know."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"So you might have came to exist because the universe saw a need." Dorota sounds... hopeful, at this? But also uncertain. "Or simply to fill a vacuum in power." She makes a note. "Do you draw power from your worshippers? I understand that many gods do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

[Civvy's Town]

Isaac, having met Civvy once from his HALO interview, comes looking for Civvy for a request. He's in his human shape, with jeans and a fairly normal looking shirt with a big X on it. Though he did consider coming as a loxodon after Civvy enjoyed that so much.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #486

[Flower Garden]

"So you might have came to exist because the universe saw a need." Dorota sounds... hopeful, at this? But also uncertain. "Or simply to fill a vacuum in power." She makes a note. "Do you draw power from your worshippers? I understand that many gods do."
    Flower Garden

"It seems likely, yeah. There was a need, and then there was me." Civvy shrugs a little bit. Honestly, she's never really thought about it all that much.
    "Pretty much, yup! It's like. You know that happy little buzz that makes you feel like you're special, and can do just about anything when someone you really really care for says your name? It's kiiinda like that? It takes nothing from them, other than of course a little bit of time in order to do the worshipping, but it just . . . gives me that kind of happy little electric-like buzz."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Civvy's Town]

Isaac, having met Civvy once from his HALO interview, comes looking for Civvy for a request. He's in his human shape, with jeans and a fairly normal looking shirt with a big X on it. Though he did consider coming as a loxodon after Civvy enjoyed that so much.
    The Town

Well, Civvy's busy at the moment! And while she couuuuld just also appear here as well, she could also just dispatch Naku to greet Isaac!

. . .

Though Naku's also busy.
    Dispatch other Naku!

"Hulloo!" Comes a call from behind Isaac. It sounds much like Naku's voice, but . . . it's definitely not Naku. Or is it?
    She's about a foot shorter than Naku, and, while still definitely a vampire, has these adorable little kitty ears sticking out of her hair.
    "I'm Naku," she also pronounces her name with a bit of an odd intonation on the first syllable, "are you nyew here?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

The Town

Isaac doesn't seem alarmed by the vampire bits or the kitty ears.
    "Uh, hi. Yeah, I am. I know Civvy, we met in Halo once. I just wanted to ask for her help." Namely, that he was cursed by some fairy candy into having a massive sugar addiction. He's already gained a few pounds from it, though not many. Yet.

8. - Top - End - #488

The Town

Isaac doesn't seem alarmed by the vampire bits or the kitty ears.
    "Uh, hi. Yeah, I am. I know Civvy, we met in Halo once. I just wanted to ask for her help." Namely, that he was cursed by some fairy candy into having a massive sugar addiction. He's already gained a few pounds from it, though not many. Yet.
    Town

Probably for the best.
    "Oh! Okay! Well, I can lead you to her, if you'd like!" Naku replies, her tail swishing a few times absently. "She's not too far! Unless it's something I can help with?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

So the feeling of being worshipped is like love. Like what she feels when Crissy says her name. That... sounds nice.

"I can... imagine it, yes. It must feel pretty great. Do you ever intervene directly, outside of this realm?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Isaac shrugs, more than willing to let the cat girl lead him places.
    "I need an enchantment broken. Pesky fairy stuff." he wonders if the cat has cat-related magic. These sort of creatures can be funny like that.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Hmmm." Civvy's not entirely sure what to make of that, or how even really to respond. "Well. Thanks for the heads up.
    If any show up, I'll just politely decline their offers, and send them on their way."
    Harold considers, then responds: I don't know. The ones that don't send you death threats might actually be useful. As janitors. Could always use more of those. Well, unless you're in your realm. I assume it does a nifty self-cleaning thing.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

12. - Top - End - #492

[Flower Garden]

So the feeling of being worshipped is like love. Like what she feels when Crissy says her name. That... sounds nice.

"I can... imagine it, yes. It must feel pretty great. Do you ever intervene directly, outside of this realm?"
    Flower Garden

"I do occasionally, yes. I spent a long time answering the door at HALO, which I'd consider to be pretty directly intervening. As for, say, miracles or something, I do try to keep that to a minimum.
    The other gods don't really appreciate it when you do that. If I step in to, say, save someone, then that gives the Evil Gods a case to argue why they can just step in and kill someone.
    It's a whole balancing act.

But that's why I've champions. I can send them in to do what needs doing, without it being direeectly me."

Town

Isaac shrugs, more than willing to let the cat girl lead him places.
    "I need an enchantment broken. Pesky fairy stuff." he wonders if the cat has cat-related magic. These sort of creatures can be funny like that.
    Town

Who knows! She might, she might not. The only thing that is absolutely for sure is that she's adooooraaableeeeeeee.
    "Oooooh. Gotcha. Yeah, she should just be right inside there. If you'd like to go~?" Naku offers, holding the door open to a small cafe for Isaac. Civvy is definitely just inside, chugging tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Harold considers, then responds: I don't know. The ones that don't send you death threats might actually be useful. As janitors. Could always use more of those. Well, unless you're in your realm. I assume it does a nifty self-cleaning thing.
    "Eh. I don't need the help though. Nor do I really want it from them, I think."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

She is cute. Though were Mist here he'd be slightly less amused. Did Civvy make a divine messenger in Naku's image? It would certainly throw him off.
    Also amusingly, despite Nexus catgirl stereotypes this is the first time one of my PC's has talked to one. Cat PC's have managed to evade me, interacting with mine, or being mine

Isaac saunters in and waves at Civvy.
    "Hi Civvy! Remember me? I need your help." he calls. Hopefully there isn't too much sugar inside for Isaac to be tempted to gobble up.

14. - Top - End - #494

Breakfast Diner

"I shall have apricot crepes and chamomile tea." Cherie only barely looked at the menu, but what respectable breakfast place didn't have chamomile?

She looks at Felandria and chuckles. "An entire pitcher? My, your appetite does match your size." I don't know if it's been noted, but even if Fel is at six feet, Cherie is considerably shorter than her, only around four-and-a-half.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"I've heard about divine champions. And about the pacts of non-interference deities make," Dorota says. "They use champions, priests and the like. I don't know... if the gods I was raised with had anything like that. Or, well. The one that's supposed to still be alive. But I don't know if they ever existed, and I'm trying to find out."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

"Eh. I don't need the help though. Nor do I really want it from them, I think."
    Harold nods, smiles, then says: Say, have you ever heard Cat Stevens? Was one of the high points during my, uh, last profession. He kind of captured what I was feeling during that time, was sort of my way of venting frustration.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Diner

"I shall have apricot crepes and chamomile tea." Cherie only barely looked at the menu, but what respectable breakfast place didn't have chamomile?

She looks at Felandria and chuckles. "An entire pitcher? My, your appetite does match your size." I don't know if it's been noted, but even if Fel is at six feet, Cherie is considerably shorter than her, only around four-and-a-half.
    (Right now, in the diner, she's about six four, normally she's about thirteen feet tall.)

Well, one tends to save room for the good stuff, y'know?

So, any interesting adventury stories?

18. - Top - End - #498

[Town]

She is cute. Though were Mist here he'd be slightly less amused. Did Civvy make a divine messenger in Naku's image? It would certainly throw him off.
    Also amusingly, despite Nexus catgirl stereotypes this is the first time one of my PC's has talked to one. Cat PC's have managed to evade me, interacting with mine, or being mine

Isaac saunters in and waves at Civvy.
    "Hi Civvy! Remember me? I need your help." he calls. Hopefully there isn't too much sugar inside for Isaac to be tempted to gobble up.
    [Town]

She did not! Not at all! Did she reach through the fabrics of space/time, in order to make a deal and borrow another Naku from an alternate reality, wherein she exists as a catgirl, in order to have someone who can answer the door for her while Naku's out?
    Absolutely she did!

"Hey Isaac! Of course I do! What's up?" There isn't too much around. Mostly just delicious breads. Civvy's nibbling on some croissants and sipping at some tea.

Breakfast Diner

Oh yes. They have chamomile. They have so many types of tea.
    So many.

[Flower Garden]

"I've heard about divine champions. And about the pacts of non-interference deities make," Dorota says. "They use champions, priests and the like. I don't know... if the gods I was raised with had anything like that. Or, well. The one that's supposed to still be alive. But I don't know if they ever existed, and I'm trying to find out."
    Flower Garden

"Mhmmmmm. That's it exactly.
    Weeelllll. Who were you raised with? I could try to inquire for you, if you would like? Though this is the Nexus. Not everyone is here. Though here is a connection to everywhere, so I'm absolutely sure that we could find them, somewhere."

Harold nods, smiles, then says: Say, have you ever heard Cat Stevens? Was one of the high points during my, uh, last profession. He kind of captured what I was feeling during that time, was sort of my way of venting frustration.
    "I can't say I have." Civvy admits with a shake of her head. "Is this a . . . um. Happier story? Because I'd really appreciate one about now."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac moves to sit down near Civvy.
    "Well, I ate some fairy candy a while back and ever since then I've had uh, really strong cravings for sugar. Like, really bad. So I think I might be cursed? I thought you might be able to help me." he posits, trying to be polite. Civvy was reluctant to give him too much magical help before.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't say I have." Civvy admits with a shake of her head. "Is this a . . . um. Happier story? Because I'd really appreciate one about now."
    Harold, grimaces and says: I'm not exactly overflowing with those.

Harold shakes his head a bit, and smiles, grabs an iPod of all things with red earbuds attached. He goes through the playlist inside the ancient device, and if you are wondering what is in that playlist it's mostly songs from the sixties, and offers a bid to Civvy.

Spoiler: Cat Steven's "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out"
    Show

I got a happy song though.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-15 at 06:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"It was... a whole pantheon. Sort of. I'll start at the beginning." Dorota shuffles through her notebook. "I was raised to worship Perun. The one and only surviving human god. He's the god of fire, sun and thunder. There are other gods, but they're dead." She looks at the list. "Swarożyc, the god of fire. Dażbóg, the god of sun. Perun took their mantles after their deaths. Mokosz, the mother-goddess. Weles, the god of sorcery and secrets. Jarowit, the god of war. Marzanna, the goddess of winter and death. Well... it goes on. But they're all dead, save Perun. To hear the priests tell it, darkness swallowed them because humanity allowed non-humans to take over the world." She frowns. "That's... I don't know if it's true. And it's one of the things I'd like to know. If my people ever had real gods, those gods may have been awful people."

22. - Top - End - #502

Breakfast Diner

"Hm, I suppose. Then I do hope you'll save some room for dessert." Cherie gave a look to Fel.

"Adventuring stories? Why, I have a great many! But where to start..." She considered her options. "Tell me, dear, what do you know of Primals?"

23. - Top - End - #503

[Town]

Isaac moves to sit down near Civvy.
    "Well, I ate some fairy candy a while back and ever since then I've had uh, really strong cravings for sugar. Like, really bad. So I think I might be cursed? I thought you might be able to help me." he posits, trying to be polite. Civvy was reluctant to give him too much magical help before.
    Town

"Oh nooooooooo. I'd be delighted to help.
    Whaaaaaat sort of approach would you like though? I could try to counter it, which could end poorly, or try to add on to it, which should work just fine, but would mean the 'curse' would remain.

I'm thinking giving your body the ability to process it like it were an actual, healthy food, and your teeth an immunity to sugar would nicely balance it out.
    Or I could try for the counter."

Harold, grimaces and says: I'm not exactly overflowing with those.

Harold shakes his head a bit, and smiles, grabs an iPod of all things with red earbuds attached. He goes through the playlist inside the ancient device, and if you are wondering what is in that playlist it's mostly songs from the sixties, and offers a bid to Civvy.

Spoiler: Cat Steven's "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out"
    Show

I got a happy song though.
    "Gosh. You and Naku both. She's got all kinds of depressing stories I don't really want to hear.
    I need to hire me a bard of some sort with happy stories.

. . .
    Gosh.

Though that's a good song. Not reaaaally my usual. But definitely not bad."

[Flower Garden]

"It was... a whole pantheon. Sort of. I'll start at the beginning." Dorota shuffles through her notebook. "I was raised to worship Perun. The one and only surviving human god. He's the god of fire, sun and thunder. There are other gods, but they're dead." She looks at the list. "Swarożyc, the god of fire. Dażbóg, the god of sun. Perun took their mantles after their deaths. Mokosz, the mother-goddess. Weles, the god of sorcery and secrets. Jarowit, the god of war. Marzanna, the goddess of winter and death. Well... it goes on. But they're all dead, save Perun. To hear the priests tell it, darkness swallowed them because humanity allowed non-humans to take over the world." She frowns. "That's... I don't know if it's true. And it's one of the things I'd like to know. If my people ever had real gods, those gods may have been awful people."

Flower Garden

"Oh no!" Civvy says, reeling back a bit, her eyes wide. "That's no good at all!
    I . . . how do you know they might have been awful? They might not have been able to interfere, and then when humans got along with the non-humans, something bad happened to them.
    Almost sounds more like a poor agreement or something, more than them being bad.
    Unless something else happened?"
    Which, Civvy had to admit, was possible.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Isaac shifts from foot to foot.
    "I think I'd rather just get rid of it. I can still gain weight from overeating healthy food and it prevents me from being able to appreciate real food anyway. Besides, I don't think my parents will believe me when I say a goddess made it ok for me to eat chocolate all day." It is a risky decision though, as Isaac's immunity to physical alterations doesn't have the strength to resist god-level mojo if things get weird.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Diner

"Hm, I suppose. Then I do hope you'll save some room for dessert." Cherie gave a look to Fel.

"Adventuring stories? Why, I have a great many! But where to start..." She considered her options. "Tell me, dear, what do you know of Primals?"
    Primals?

She thinks for a moment as she taps a piece of bacon on her chin.

I don't think I've ever heard of them.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gosh. You and Naku both. She's got all kinds of depressing stories I don't really want to hear.
    I need to hire me a bard of some sort with happy stories.

. . .
    Gosh.

Though that's a good song. Not reaaaally my usual. But definitely not bad."
    When the song finishes, Harold reclaims the buds, and says: Yup, one tends to acquire bad stories when one is the herald of a demonic psychopath for over ten thousand years.

Harold blinks, and gets a stunned expression, then says: Goodness sake, I'm sorry for snapping like that. You have been nothing but forgiving, and I shouldn't have snapped like that.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"It's less 'getting along' and more our empire crumbling and non-humans pushing us back," Dorota says. "My homeworld's history is a dreadfully grim subject." She flips to another page. "It's said that they had a plan for all of us. A role. Each god chose their own followers, and assigned them tasks. So you're supposed to do what your ancestors' god told them to do. I was born into a merchant family... chosen by Ozwiena, once. But I became an alchemist... which would fall into Weles' domain. It wasn't easy to break away from my assigned role like that. And I'd like to know if they really had such a plan."

28. - Top - End - #508

Town

Isaac shifts from foot to foot.
    "I think I'd rather just get rid of it. I can still gain weight from overeating healthy food and it prevents me from being able to appreciate real food anyway. Besides, I don't think my parents will believe me when I say a goddess made it ok for me to eat chocolate all day." It is a risky decision though, as Isaac's immunity to physical alterations doesn't have the strength to resist god-level mojo if things get weird.
    Town

"M'kaaaaay." Civvy says, mulling it over and nibbling at her croissant a bit. "Well. I can't-. . .
    OH WAIT I KNOW. OOOOOH. OHOHOHOH.

If you want it to be meaningful at all, I can't just snap my fingers at you and make it gone.
    However, would you be willing to do a noble quest for me, in exchange for this blessing of sorts? Because then I could help."

This is, of course, assuming the curse can at all be removed/at least toned down, which is not something Civvy has power over . . .

When the song finishes, Harold reclaims the buds, and says: Yup, one tends to acquire bad stories when one is the herald of a demonic psychopath for over ten thousand years.

Harold blinks, and gets a stunned expression, then says: Goodness sake, I'm sorry for snapping like that. You have been nothing but forgiving, and I shouldn't have snapped like that.
    Civvy looks at Harold sadly, and tilts her head slightly. She feels bad for him, she truly does. He didn't have anything resembling a happy life, and she wishes she could have done something for him sooner.
    But she couldn't.
    "That's all right. No harm done.

Do you like baking? Cooking in general? Music?"

[Flower Garden]

"It's less 'getting along' and more our empire crumbling and non-humans pushing us back," Dorota says. "My homeworld's history is a dreadfully grim subject." She flips to another page. "It's said that they had a plan for all of us. A role. Each god chose their own followers, and assigned them tasks. So you're supposed to do what your ancestors' god told them to do. I was born into a merchant family... chosen by Ozwiena, once. But I became an alchemist... which would fall into Weles' domain. It wasn't easy to break away from my assigned role like that. And I'd like to know if they really had such a plan."
    Flower Garden

"Oooooh. Oh I see now." Civvy replies with a bit of a frown. "That . . . that really sounds odd." Civvy doesn't want to offend, and say that 'that system sounds kinda dumb', so she attempts to be more polite about it.
    She's leaning!
    "Breaking away from assigned rolls can be suuuper difficult. Good for you!
    Was this sort of a society 'the gods have spoken to us and this is the system that is in place now', that could possibly not have come from them at all?"
    Civvy's preeetty sure that's what Dorota is saying, but just wants to be entirely sure. "And so your question is just if the 'selected at birth roll' system is actually what they wanted?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

((Just asked, Civvy should be plenty powerful enough to break the curse of some standard fairy power.))

"What, do you want me to go fetch something? Draw you something? Play a children's card game?" he says the last part jokingly, but only because he can't imagine Civvy tasking him to go out and slay something for her. He'd more expect something fun, like asking him to do something in the loxodon shape she liked so much. Or, actually play the game she was talking about. He's never been terribly good at games.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"It's entirely possible that people made it up, yes," Dorota says. She wouldn't be offended if Civvy called it dumb, since she agrees. "You know how it works. People in power make up reasons why it's right and proper for them to stay in power. But I want to know the truth. A daunting proposition, I know."