New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    You know the lute? asks Harold / Phil cocking his head to the instrument in his hand.
    Naku shakes her head. "Afraid nyot. A liiiiittle guitar. But no lyute. I could maybe show you syome ways to at least hold it. Probably. Iunno if it transfers over like that."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Grace's House]

"The results are inconclusive," Dorota says with a sigh. "Substances unique to particular dimensions or worlds seem to be attracted to them, but it's hard to properly classify something as 'unique' to somewhere. There might be another variable I'm not aware of."
    Grace's House

"That makes sense." Grace agrees with a bit of a nod. "Especially with the variables being 'the entire dimension', inconclusive, well, makes sense.
    Could it be -- and this is purely ignorant speculation, so feel free to ignore -- more a case of not that it's unique, so much as it's the same? For example, I'm sure there are more versions of me across the dimensions. Somewhere. Could it be that the unique things that resonate with one another are actually resonating because they're actually the same thing? I have no idea how you would even go about testing that, or if you've already thought of it and tried, but it's what comes to my mind at least."
    She shrugs a bit, suddenly a little self-conscious of that her idea might have been really dumb.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku shakes her head. "Afraid nyot. A liiiiittle guitar. But no lyute. I could maybe show you syome ways to at least hold it. Probably. Iunno if it transfers over like that."
    Maybe.

Harold coughs a bit. Uses his free hand to keep it in the elbow.

So uh, you and Naku sisters or alternate universe twinners or clones or something? The resemblance is impeccable.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota blinks. She hasn't really thought of that...

"I suppose it's possible. I haven't really considered it. But it would add... so many variables. What I'm doing it very unorthodox, though, so it comes with the territory. It'd help if I could use some actual summoning magic."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Breakfast Diner

Cherie lets out a little chuckle. "Why, my dear, just that from me and your face already takes on a new color? I'm a little worried about how you'll react when I really get started." She winks at Fel.

"So strange. In my world, everyone has aether. It just takes practice to manipulate it. It's the methods of shaping aether that led to the schools of magic."
    We have different schools magic in my world as well, it's just that some people study magic, and some are born with the innate magical ability.

Fel waves in the servers direction for more juice.

And what exactly were you planning to start?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

"Uh, it's about one and a half the height of a tall human. Bulky, large ears, trunk for a nose? I can only change when I feel a little pain or panic, so I can't really show you without getting slapped or something." Isaac explains, giving a nervous shrug. He doesn't want to say it's a bipedal elephant because he can't confirm that she knows what that is.
    Cherie tilts her head one way, then the other. "Rather like the matangas of my home. But you haven't attacked me yet, so I assume you're not exactly the same!" Cherie laughs at her own joke. "You change shape, but only when stressed? It seems like something of a burden to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    We have different schools magic in my world as well, it's just that some people study magic, and some are born with the innate magical ability.

Fel waves in the servers direction for more juice.

And what exactly were you planning to start?
    "It seems... similar, I suppose, to the schools of magic of my world. But we all have an innate ability. A... potential, I think you could call it. It merely takes honing, like any craft.

Cherie flutters her eyelashes just a little. "My dear, you're a smart woman. I'm sure you can figure it out." Felandria may feel the tip of a boot snaking up her ankle.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-11-27 at 06:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Well, there's one other thing, but it's secret!" Isaac says in a most un-suspicious way as he goes to make sure his tail is properly tucked into his pants.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #577

Town

"Oh my, a secret? Well now I simply must know." Cherie's own tail, that of a cat, stands up as she becomes intrigued. "I don't suppose it has something to do with the way you're adjusting yourself?"

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Nooooo." Isaac trails off, turning a bit to that the cat definitely can't see his backside...

9. - Top - End - #579

Town

"Well, if you insist..." Cherie chuckles and shakes her head a little. It seems the conversation is about to end.

Or it would, if a spout of flame hadn't suddenly burst up right next to Isaac! It dies as quick as it appeared, but it sure was bright and very hot!

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac jumps in surprise, and by the time the air escapes his lungs it's emerging as a loud, startled trumpet coming from the nose of a nine foot tall, pale white elephant person. Large but not fat, his clothes shift to match his size, though his shoes turn into sandals.
    "Um...so that's a thing..." he squeaks.

11. - Top - End - #581

Town

Cherie lets out a long and loud laugh - though not a crude one, or mean-spirited at all. "Oh my! I don't know what else I was to expect, but it's still a delight to see!"

But, Isaac did seem embarrassed about it, so she didn't want to be any worse about this than she needed to be. "This is a temporary change, yes?"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Yeah, I'll go back to myself in a few hours. I'm glad that you like it." Isaac says with a shrug. He tries to smile, but his giant nose in the way.

13. - Top - End - #583

Town

"I am truly glad to hear that. I do not wish to be unkind, and I do apologize for startling you.

"But truth be told, it is nothing to be ashamed of! There are many shapeshifters around this Nexus place, from what I've seen."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

”I’m not ashamed! I’ve just had some people laugh at me, is all. And my parents would be very upset if they ever found out.” Isaac insists.
    His parents don’t approve much of magic and especially not their son getting magical changes to himself, mostly through accident.

15. - Top - End - #585

Maybe.

Harold coughs a bit. Uses his free hand to keep it in the elbow.

So uh, you and Naku sisters or alternate universe twinners or clones or something? The resemblance is impeccable.
    "Are youuuuuuu ill?" Naku asks, her ears twitching, and head rotating to the side slightly.

"She's me. I'm her. We just. Aaah. We grew up in different places."

[Grace's House]

Dorota blinks. She hasn't really thought of that...

"I suppose it's possible. I haven't really considered it. But it would add... so many variables. What I'm doing it very unorthodox, though, so it comes with the territory. It'd help if I could use some actual summoning magic."
    Grace's House

Grace shrugs slightly. "Or it could just be nothing." She admits with a bit of a giggle, before downing the last of her tea. "So very, very many variables. Magic would definitely help; though I'm afraid I can't be of any service on that front. Magic and I don't really seem to get along, as it were.
    Refill?"
    She asks, pushing her chair back, and standing up.

Lake

Speaking of Grace. She's also nearby, near the lake, tossing some duck food to a fairly large gathering of ducks for another scene.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-11-30 at 08:54 PM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Music Shop

I'm perpetually sick. Crossed a Fae queen once, and since she couldn't kill me she cursed me. It sucks, says Phil.

So how did you guys get here?

Lake

Off in the distance of the lake, someone can be seen rowing a wooden canoe, said canoe seems to made of birch wood. This sailor has a blue robe and cowl on, and looks rather tall.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

”I’m not ashamed! I’ve just had some people laugh at me, is all. And my parents would be very upset if they ever found out.” Isaac insists.
    His parents don’t approve much of magic and especially not their son getting magical changes to himself, mostly through accident.
    "Pish posh! People laugh at the most foolish things. Let them pass you by as a gust of wind! And as for your parents, well." Cherie's expression turns more serious for a moment. "If they can't look past the changes to see their child, then I would hardly call them fantastic parents. I'm sure they shall love you all the same no matter what." And then she's back to her standard, debonair smile.

Grace's House

Footsteps sound echo from above the kitchen, as Grace's apparent roommate comes down from the upper floor. She's a positively tiny woman, wearing a dirt-stained traveling robe much too big for her, with no figure to speak of. She walks down, rubbing at her arm.

"Grace, I'll be heading out to gather more reag- oh!" She looks between Grace and Dorota, though the latter just registers in her mind as "stranger." "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. P-pay me no mind, please."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Sure, thank you," Dorota says, raising her cup. "Why doesn't magic get along with you? There's nothing stopping me from learning sorcery, technically. At least the kind my homeworld knows. But I'd be starting from scratch and it uses completely different principles than alchemy."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #589

Grace's House

Footsteps sound echo from above the kitchen, as Grace's apparent roommate comes down from the upper floor. She's a positively tiny woman, wearing a dirt-stained traveling robe much too big for her, with no figure to speak of. She walks down, rubbing at her arm.

"Grace, I'll be heading out to gather more reag- oh!" She looks between Grace and Dorota, though the latter just registers in her mind as "stranger." "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. P-pay me no mind, please."
    Grace's House

"Ohai, Idun! We have a guest!"

[Grace's House]

"Sure, thank you," Dorota says, raising her cup. "Why doesn't magic get along with you? There's nothing stopping me from learning sorcery, technically. At least the kind my homeworld knows. But I'd be starting from scratch and it uses completely different principles than alchemy."
    "Idun, this is Dorota. Dorota, this is Idun. She's my roommate slash the alchemist I mentioned earlier.
    Take a seat!"
    She offers to Idun, waving a hand at a third chair.
    "As for the magic, I don't rightly know. The very, very few times I've tried, it just doesn't ever work. And I guess I just see no particular need for it, so I've never reaaally tried."

Music Shop

I'm perpetually sick. Crossed a Fae queen once, and since she couldn't kill me she cursed me. It sucks, says Phil.

So how did you guys get here?

Lake

Off in the distance of the lake, someone can be seen rowing a wooden canoe, said canoe seems to made of birch wood. This sailor has a blue robe and cowl on, and looks rather tall.
    Music

"I seeeee. That definitely doesn't sound fun. Have you tried a cough suppressant?" It might sound odd, but in some places, magic and science argue a lot and it could work!

"Iunno how she got here. I got contacted by Civvy on my own world, in my own different reality than this one. She showed up. We talked. She made me tea. And then she brought me back here.
    How'd you get here?"

Lake

Grace looks at the canoe curiously. She didn't remember anybody having a boat. But as she has no way of communicating with a person on a boat, she just continues feeding the ducks. The ducks seem quite pleased at that.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac shakes his head.
    ”Oh, they would see me. That’s not the problem. They would try to get it ‘fixed’ is all. And a blessing like this is not something you can fix. It goes to the soul.” he tries to explain, fiddling with his tail which usually pops out when he changes.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Music

"I seeeee. That definitely doesn't sound fun. Have you tried a cough suppressant?" It might sound odd, but in some places, magic and science argue a lot and it could work!

"Iunno how she got here. I got contacted by Civvy on my own world, in my own different reality than this one. She showed up. We talked. She made me tea. And then she brought me back here.
    How'd you get here?"

Lake

Grace looks at the canoe curiously. She didn't remember anybody having a boat. But as she has no way of communicating with a person on a boat, she just continues feeding the ducks. The ducks seem quite pleased at that.

Music

You know, I never actually thought of that. Might try that later.

Harold considers the question, then says I helped her and Naku take down a world class a-hole. However since I spent an ungodly amount of time with him, I think I might need therapy? Maybe? I guess that's what the lute's for. Trying to think too hard about my situation by making me learn a complex instrument.

On the subject of avoiding the subject, I think that's interesting you and Naku coming from another universe, yet being so... similar. Is everyone on your original world a cat-person?

Lake

The Riverman, having finally noticed Grace and not having talked to anything in MONTHS, decides to go check out this duck-feeding individual. He turns his canoe towards the shore, and in a blink of an eye goes from being near the horizon to docked on the shore some twenty feet away from Grace. Now that he's closer, some features have become more discernible. First and most apparent, this guy is nearly eight feet tall. Second is that while his robe may be seen as black, it's actually a very dark blue. Third is that Grace seems to be at just the right angle that if she looks at The Riverman's face, she can see that he has two glowing red eyes. Said eyes are looking right back at her.

Don't be frightened, I merely wish to talk, Says The Riverman still in his boat, Also, don't judge a book by their cover. I know that people at Trog's thought of me as a "Reaper Wannabe", whatever that is, but I haven't had the profession of Reaper for near on two-thousand years.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

((Sorry, I didn't notice Idun was joining the scene.))

[Grace's House]

Dorota looks up when Idun walks in and is introduced. She's a tall, slender young woman with long, blonde hair and green eyes. She's wearing glasses and a respectable brown vest over a green shirt and long green-and-brown skirt.

"A pleasure. I'm also an alchemist, and I came here for research."

23. - Top - End - #593

Town

Though it isn't seen, what with the hat, Cherie's ears twitch just a little. "I see. A rather rash judgement on their part, especially if it does not harm you." She eventually sighs.

"My apologies. I should not speak ill of one's parents, no matter how little I agree with them. Tell me! Have you explored this transformation much? Perhaps attempted to gain more control over it?"

Grace's House
    ((No worries!))

Idun offers a tiny wave to Dorota as she's introduced. "Oh, um, alright." She gingerly steps towards the chair and takes a seat.

She blinks at Dorota. "Y-you're an alchemist too?" Then she shakes her head. "Sorry, of course you are. It's just a shock to me; I never thought I'd meet another student of the art."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-12-04 at 05:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac nods. He takes his hammer, a massive polearm now, and heft’s it so it doesn’t way down his belt anymore.
    ”Yeah, I practice fairly often. It really amps up my magic power. And physical too I guess.”

25. - Top - End - #595

((Sorry, I didn't notice Idun was joining the scene.))

[Grace's House]

Dorota looks up when Idun walks in and is introduced. She's a tall, slender young woman with long, blonde hair and green eyes. She's wearing glasses and a respectable brown vest over a green shirt and long green-and-brown skirt.

"A pleasure. I'm also an alchemist, and I came here for research."
    Grace's House
    ((No worries!))

Idun offers a tiny wave to Dorota as she's introduced. "Oh, um, alright." She gingerly steps towards the chair and takes a seat.

She blinks at Dorota. "Y-you're an alchemist too?" Then she shakes her head. "Sorry, of course you are. It's just a shock to me; I never thought I'd meet another student of the art."
    "Tea, Idun?" Grace asks, gathering up her own and Dorota's tea cups.
    However Idun answers, Grace will nod her head slightly, and say that "I'll leave you two to chat a moment, and go make some tea." She can be skipped for a few rounds, as she heads off to go make 2 or potentially 3 more cups of tea.

Music

You know, I never actually thought of that. Might try that later.

Harold considers the question, then says I helped her and Naku take down a world class a-hole. However since I spent an ungodly amount of time with him, I think I might need therapy? Maybe? I guess that's what the lute's for. Trying to think too hard about my situation by making me learn a complex instrument.

On the subject of avoiding the subject, I think that's interesting you and Naku coming from another universe, yet being so... similar. Is everyone on your original world a cat-person?

Lake

The Riverman, having finally noticed Grace and not having talked to anything in MONTHS, decides to go check out this duck-feeding individual. He turns his canoe towards the shore, and in a blink of an eye goes from being near the horizon to docked on the shore some twenty feet away from Grace. Now that he's closer, some features have become more discernible. First and most apparent, this guy is nearly eight feet tall. Second is that while his robe may be seen as black, it's actually a very dark blue. Third is that Grace seems to be at just the right angle that if she looks at The Riverman's face, she can see that he has two glowing red eyes. Said eyes are looking right back at her.

Don't be frightened, I merely wish to talk, Says The Riverman still in his boat, Also, don't judge a book by their cover. I know that people at Trog's thought of me as a "Reaper Wannabe", whatever that is, but I haven't had the profession of Reaper for near on two-thousand years.
    Town

"I hope it helps.

Yeah. Therapy is nice; and I would recommend it for just about everybody.

Nah. Not everyone. A lot of us, but not all. We've also got elves, humans, the whole works."

Lake

Grace blinks at the man, as the ducks scatter with a cacophony of quacking.
    "Uhhh. All right. Soooooo then. Who are you?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Really? It's not an unpopular profession," Dorota says. "What sort of alchemy do you specialize in?"

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

"I hope it helps.

Yeah. Therapy is nice; and I would recommend it for just about everybody.

Nah. Not everyone. A lot of us, but not all. We've also got elves, humans, the whole works."

Lake

Grace blinks at the man, as the ducks scatter with a cacophony of quacking.
    "Uhhh. All right. Soooooo then. Who are you?"

Town

Harold scoffs, and says: Ugh, elves. They as pompous in your world as they were mine? In my world, elves kept walls around human civilization just so they wouldn't spread again. I've developed a tasteful dislike of elves since.

Lake

Merciful waters, I forgot to introduce myself. I go by many names, but for now I'm The Riverman. I apologize for my intrusion, it's just that I've been caught betwixt worlds for what feels like months. Your the first person I've seen since. Mayhap you could tell me your name, and where we might be? The Riverman asks.

28. - Top - End - #598

Town

"And what sort of magic to you study, if I may ask? I practice Red Magic, myself." Cherie, not everyone knows what that is.

Grace's House

"Um, sure, I'll have some tea." Idun watches Grace as she heads off to make tea, then turns back to Dorota.

"Maybe where you're from, that's the case. But in my world, nobody has practiced alchemy in decades. Maybe centuries." She sighs. "I'm just piecing together what I can from the texts I can find. I can make some tonics, as long as I find some reagents."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"That's unfortunate. Why hasn't anyone done it?" Dorota feels bad for Idun, but she's also curious. "Regardless, it's good that you're trying to revive the art."

30. - Top - End - #600

Grace's House

"Most of the texts have been destroyed. And anyone that could have taught others the art, well... they were probably killed in one war or another. I've had to start from scratch and an old journal I found a long time ago." Idun adjusts her robe a little. "It's been slow going, but I've made some headway."