New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace shrugs slightly.
    "Past, sure. But show me someone that hasn't had something bad happen to them in their past." Grace shrugs slightly, her arms still crossed.

"Present, sure. But that card tells no one anything, let's be honest. You're here. In a realm of a good aligned deity. That card just describes here.

As for the future, oh really?"
    Grace asks with a very, very raised eyebrow. "Because I very, very much doubt it. I mean, sure. I might write a letter to my governor or something. Fighting for this place. But I am very much a non-combatant, and very much doubt an honorable, painful, slow death."
    With that, Grace stands, not taking Jonas' hand. It doesn't seem to be a rude motion, just like she honestly didn't see his hand offered until she was already half way up and committed.

Mr Rogers never had anything bad happens to him in his past, and I never said that you would certainly die. I said if you did. That, and there is more than one type of conflict. Battle of minds, of wills. You are far more likely, as you say, to be caught in a fight of wit. I don't make the future, I just know it. I do hope you aren't a bird enthusiast. In my defence that bird was just a physical manifestation of life bringing death, and was never alive in the first place.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-02-04 at 01:40 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel proudly puts his hands on his hips and poses. His pride swells at Civvy's acceptance. So does his pinkness.
    "I was My Lady's greatest hunter. I slew demons wherever I found them, demon and devil both. My blades were unrelenting, and for my prowess I was given the visage of a great bird. O-of course we angels are a malleable bunch, and you should mold me and your tools to suit your needs. Many of my brothers bear trumpets or other tools for different jobs. I would not dare insist on my place in your Court." he insists, looking away bashfully.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Flower Garden

Jiao doesn't know what a dimension is, but 'really far' is easy enough to understand. "I- then..." He falls back down to a seated position. "What- what am I supposed to do, then? Fiore, will you not show me the way?" He makes a quick prayer to his deity, but it won't go anywhere. His gods and goddesses have no real presence here.
    Flower Garden

"Wellllll. Fiore might not be here right now -- since this is my home, and there's a surprising amount of paperwork to do in order to get prayers to one god through to said god from the realm of another god --, but I will gladly try to do what I can.
    Can I . . . can I help at all?"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Mr Rogers never had anything bad happens to him in his past, and I never said that you would certainly die. I said if you did. That, and there is more than one type of conflict. Battle of minds, of wills. You are far more likely, as you say, to be caught in a fight of wit. I don't make the future, I just know it. I do hope you aren't a bird enthusiast. In my defence that bird was just a physical manifestation of life bringing death, and was never alive in the first place.
    Grace shrugs slightly. "Ducks and I tend to get along. But I'm not a huge fan of birds other than that. I suppose most waterfowl are pretty great. But other birds have these claws and talons and pokey bits." Grace says, shaking her head slightly.
    Darn birds.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Pleasant Morning]

The angel proudly puts his hands on his hips and poses. His pride swells at Civvy's acceptance. So does his pinkness.
    "I was My Lady's greatest hunter. I slew demons wherever I found them, demon and devil both. My blades were unrelenting, and for my prowess I was given the visage of a great bird. O-of course we angels are a malleable bunch, and you should mold me and your tools to suit your needs. Many of my brothers bear trumpets or other tools for different jobs. I would not dare insist on my place in your Court." he insists, looking away bashfully.
    Pleasant Morning

Civvy hops up and down a bit, clapping all the while.
    "That sounds wonderful!
    Welllllll. Around here at least is pretty peaceful. I suppose you could help out Naku if you want."
    She says, chewing at her lower lip slightly. "She occasionally gets sent out to go fight things that need fighting.
    But it's not teeeerribly often that she gets sent out.

Is there anything else that you waaant to do? Especially if it's just for the meantime, even."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel bows furiously to Civvy, which is odd considering he's just kind of floating there, wings pretending that they're doing something by flapping occasionally.
    "My lady! A cherub does not and should not show idleness. I beseech that you put me to use as you most need me, and think not of my desires, for they are irrelevant to your needs. I will see to your gardens, your beasts, your guests or your food and clothes. Please. I live to be commanded." Though he does secretly dread the prospect of being remolded. What if she thought he'd be more approachable to the guests as one of those enormous-beaked tropical birds? Horror.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace shrugs slightly. "Ducks and I tend to get along. But I'm not a huge fan of birds other than that. I suppose most waterfowl are pretty great. But other birds have these claws and talons and pokey bits." Grace says, shaking her head slightly.
    Darn birds.
    Now then, I must be going before the lady of this place has a mind to incinerate me. With rainbows. I've seen people be incinerated by rainbows, it's horrifying. That's not true. The rainbows were beautiful, but still. Is there anything else you or other people I've wronged here need?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-02-07 at 12:59 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #726

Flower Garden

"Your home? You live in a place as verdant as this?" Jiao looks down at the ground.

"I'm not certain what I even need help with."

7. - Top - End - #727

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel bows furiously to Civvy, which is odd considering he's just kind of floating there, wings pretending that they're doing something by flapping occasionally.
    "My lady! A cherub does not and should not show idleness. I beseech that you put me to use as you most need me, and think not of my desires, for they are irrelevant to your needs. I will see to your gardens, your beasts, your guests or your food and clothes. Please. I live to be commanded." Though he does secretly dread the prospect of being remolded. What if she thought he'd be more approachable to the guests as one of those enormous-beaked tropical birds? Horror.
    Pleasant Morning

"Thennnnnnnnnn. Come with me." Civvy says, after thinking for a moment. She leads him off to the gardens nearby, and a fairly large (maybe a dozen foot wide square) plot of land in the gardens. This particular section is just dirt. It has some cobblestone around the edging, separating it from the lush plants around it, but the land inside has nothing growing in it.
    "This is your plot. You are welcome to grow whatever you like, but do definitely grow something though.
    And if you could help me tend the rest of the garden, that would be delightful. But this is your plot. Make it pretty, however you best see fit!"

Now then, I must be going before the lady of this place has a mind to incinerate me. With rainbows. I've seen people be incinerated by rainbows, it's horrifying. That's not true. The rainbows were beautiful, but still. Is there anything else you or other people I've wronged here need?
    "I think that, if she used a rainbow, it would be pretty monotone." Someone needs to tell Civvy that pink, by itself, does not make a rainbow.
    "Nnnnope I think it's all good."

Flower Garden

"Your home? You live in a place as verdant as this?" Jiao looks down at the ground.

"I'm not certain what I even need help with."
    Flower Garden

"That I do.

How about some food? And, with luck, I could possibly show you what your friends are up to, and how they're doing. You mentioned there was a fight, we could see how that ended. But since you're the only one here, they're probably all all right."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think that, if she used a rainbow, it would be pretty monotone." Someone needs to tell Civvy that pink, by itself, does not make a rainbow.
    "Nnnnope I think it's all good."
    Then our business is concluded. Here's my card

He hands you a Dave and Buster's Gift Card, but the back of the card is inscribed with tribal looking runes.

Look, I don't have a print shop, this was all I had in my pocket. I think there's still like ten bucks left on that thing, so whatever. You ever need me to do stuff, I can do a broad range of stuff, then throw the card onto the ground. Be warned, it'll break the card and you can never get that ten bucks left on the card for fun, prizes, and I think Dave and Busters does beer now.

9. - Top - End - #729

Flower Garden

"I- yes, I suppose I could have something to eat." It takes him a bit of effort, but Jiao gets back up on his feet. "But I don't see a kitchen of sorts anywhere nearby."

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel gulps, but salutes nonetheless.
    "Then my purpose is decreed. I shall be not your Hunter, but your Gardener. It doesn't have the same ring." Though he doesn't have too much time to muse, as with a soft light his armor and tools temporarily lose their shape entirely, and reform as a new set: denim overalls over a plaid shirt, thick leather gloves and foot-wraps (with holes cut for his claws), and a wide-brimmed straw hat. His blades also stick together into an ornate-looking spade. He looks, rather surprised at his change in wardrobe, and his pretty pink plumage that's suffused his body. His tiny predatory face looks a bit silly in these clothes, and he thinks so, but he would never say it. And he eyes the plot, already being filled with thoughts...
    "I remain at your command, my Lady, should you wish to bestow anything else upon me. Specific titles, names, shapes, I am yours." regardless of his taste on the title given to him, it would be rude for him to give out his name which was made by his first Lady without first inviting her to give him a new one. Names have power, after all.

11. - Top - End - #731

Then our business is concluded. Here's my card

He hands you a Dave and Buster's Gift Card, but the back of the card is inscribed with tribal looking runes.

Look, I don't have a print shop, this was all I had in my pocket. I think there's still like ten bucks left on that thing, so whatever. You ever need me to do stuff, I can do a broad range of stuff, then throw the card onto the ground. Be warned, it'll break the card and you can never get that ten bucks left on the card for fun, prizes, and I think Dave and Busters does beer now.
    "Umm. Thank you. I try to avoid alcohol, but I appreciate it. I'll keep it in mind." Grace replies, slipping the card into a small bag she keeps slung around her shoulder. "And, I guess, uh, if you ever find your way back here, I live over by the lake."

Flower Garden

"I- yes, I suppose I could have something to eat." It takes him a bit of effort, but Jiao gets back up on his feet. "But I don't see a kitchen of sorts anywhere nearby."
    Flower Garden

"Never fear. Just this way." Civvy says, guiding them off to a small pond in the gurgling stream all of maybe five feet away. At the shore of the pond is a picnic basket, and blanket folded on top.
    "Soo. You should probably get some food, and then we can scry on what's going on where you were. But we could also just check now, if you would prefer."

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel gulps, but salutes nonetheless.
    "Then my purpose is decreed. I shall be not your Hunter, but your Gardener. It doesn't have the same ring." Though he doesn't have too much time to muse, as with a soft light his armor and tools temporarily lose their shape entirely, and reform as a new set: denim overalls over a plaid shirt, thick leather gloves and foot-wraps (with holes cut for his claws), and a wide-brimmed straw hat. His blades also stick together into an ornate-looking spade. He looks, rather surprised at his change in wardrobe, and his pretty pink plumage that's suffused his body. His tiny predatory face looks a bit silly in these clothes, and he thinks so, but he would never say it. And he eyes the plot, already being filled with thoughts...
    "I remain at your command, my Lady, should you wish to bestow anything else upon me. Specific titles, names, shapes, I am yours." regardless of his taste on the title given to him, it would be rude for him to give out his name which was made by his first Lady without first inviting her to give him a new one. Names have power, after all.
    Pleasant Morning

"Oh, no. I mean. Um.
    Uh oh."
    Civvy bites at her lower lip slightly. That isn't what she meant at all.
    I mean it was.
    But it wasn't.
    Oops.
    "I mean. I meant more like. You could definitely remain the Hunter. But there's not always anything to hunt. And I didn't want you getting bored, so I was offering you this plot of land in addition to the hunting, when you can.

Wellll. You say that the choice is wholly mine. But I'm curious. What do you like doing? Like, if you were to be cut entirely loose -- not that you are, don't worry, you're welcome here! --, what would you want to do?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel blinks at Civvy, not seemingly comprehending.
    "What I wish is to be given a job, or at least guidelines, and to fulfill them, and know that I have pleased someone. For having made pleasure for another is what I am built to do. For my Lady it was to save mortals from demon influence that gave her pleasure. And so I shall do aught you command.
    I have no soul, I am merely soulstuff given shape. I do not...have Will. That is for mortals."
    he says, perplexed. Really, a goddess should really know these things.
    And yet clearly, that isn't entirely true, as his grumbling has surely shown.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

"Umm. Thank you. I try to avoid alcohol, but I appreciate it. I'll keep it in mind." Grace replies, slipping the card into a small bag she keeps slung around her shoulder. "And, I guess, uh, if you ever find your way back here, I live over by the lake."
    Remember, if you or the lady whom owns this wondrous place need anything, anything at all, I'll be at your beck and call. Like a puppy, only with voodoo magic.

With that, the not so good Doctor procures a stone from his pocket, and throws it on the ground. A mouth opens wide, nearly four feet, and D.J. tips his hat as he steps through. The mouth closes, and the pebble's gone.

14. - Top - End - #734

Flower Garden

Jiao starts to explain why he'd really rather see the results now, but he doesn't even get a word out before he hears his stomach growling.

"Heh, I suppose I must be alive if I can still be hungry," he says.

Naku's Clearing

((Closed scene.))

Getting directions to this place had proven confusing for Iamar, but she managed it eventually. She emerges from the trees to check up on her frie-acquaintance. Just an acquaintance.

Despite the supposedly more casual setting, Iamar is still dressed in her full armor, complete with shamshir hanging at her side.

15. - Top - End - #735

[Pleasant Morning]

The angel blinks at Civvy, not seemingly comprehending.
    "What I wish is to be given a job, or at least guidelines, and to fulfill them, and know that I have pleased someone. For having made pleasure for another is what I am built to do. For my Lady it was to save mortals from demon influence that gave her pleasure. And so I shall do aught you command.
    I have no soul, I am merely soulstuff given shape. I do not...have Will. That is for mortals."
    he says, perplexed. Really, a goddess should really know these things.
    And yet clearly, that isn't entirely true, as his grumbling has surely shown.
    Pleasant Morning

Civvy kind of squints at him, peeeeering at the angel.
    She had heard him grumbling. So while she had a feeling what he was saying wasn't fully true, she didn't really have any sort of . . . well anything, really, in order to bring it up.
    "Well, all right then.
    In that case, yes. If you could make this plot of land into something wonderful, then that would be delightful. Also maybe go with Naku when she goes out to do something, that could be nice. It would be nice to have another angel going out doing things."

Remember, if you or the lady whom owns this wondrous place need anything, anything at all, I'll be at your beck and call. Like a puppy, only with voodoo magic.

With that, the not so good Doctor procures a stone from his pocket, and throws it on the ground. A mouth opens wide, nearly four feet, and D.J. tips his hat as he steps through. The mouth closes, and the pebble's gone.
    "Oh, if she has something she needs and can't do, I'm sure we'll let you know." Grace says, before waving at him as he leaves.

Flower Garden

Jiao starts to explain why he'd really rather see the results now, but he doesn't even get a word out before he hears his stomach growling.

"Heh, I suppose I must be alive if I can still be hungry," he says.

Naku's Clearing

((Closed scene.))

Getting directions to this place had proven confusing for Iamar, but she managed it eventually. She emerges from the trees to check up on her frie-acquaintance. Just an acquaintance.

Despite the supposedly more casual setting, Iamar is still dressed in her full armor, complete with shamshir hanging at her side.
    Flower Garden

. . .
    Well.
    Civvy doesn't want to argue that.
    But not telling him would be lying to him. And she doesn't want that even more.
    Uuuuugh this is always the hardest part.
    "Actually, you . . . you still do. I mean. You don't. But your body is just so attuned to it after living for so long that it remembers being hungry, even if you don't."

Naku's Clearing

And Naku is definitely around! The clearing is rather dark at the moment, as Naku's just creating basically a large canopy of darkness to just keep the sun off of her for the most part.
    The clearing also has the frame of what appears to be some sort of outline for a building in it, and whatever it is looks like it's going to be quite large.

As for Naku, she's kind of in the back, dragging what appears to be the trunk of a rather massive tree over to a pile of other logs, in preparation for breaking it down and using it as materials. Her hair is back and out of her face, and she's wearing just a simple shirt, jeans, and some fairly thick gloves. Her clothing is somewhat sap-stained, and her skin glistens slightly from the effort she's been putting into the project.
    She also doesn't seem to notice Iamar yet.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #736

Flower Garden

Jiao blinks at Civvy, and tries to process what she said. "I-I don't understand. I am... separated from my body? Or am I..." Was he dead after all? It did make sense, considering his last memories before waking here, but - he didn't want to consider the ramifications of that.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar moves around the wooden frame, wondering what in the world that could be. She does appreciate the dark a bit - the sun here was downright oppressive, and at times it was a bit difficult for her to see.

She eventually sees Naku working at the logs, and notes the outfit. She normally saw Naku in a dress, or in one of those ridiculous costumes at work, but this was new. She stares for a moment, before realizing that she's staring and shaking her head. She eventually clears her throat, hoping that clues Naku to her presence.

17. - Top - End - #737

Flower Garden

Jiao blinks at Civvy, and tries to process what she said. "I-I don't understand. I am... separated from my body? Or am I..." Was he dead after all? It did make sense, considering his last memories before waking here, but - he didn't want to consider the ramifications of that.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar moves around the wooden frame, wondering what in the world that could be. She does appreciate the dark a bit - the sun here was downright oppressive, and at times it was a bit difficult for her to see.

She eventually sees Naku working at the logs, and notes the outfit. She normally saw Naku in a dress, or in one of those ridiculous costumes at work, but this was new. She stares for a moment, before realizing that she's staring and shaking her head. She eventually clears her throat, hoping that clues Naku to her presence.
    Flower Garden

"In a sense. You . . . Well. Let's just find out." And with that -- also a wave of her hand --, the pond nearby stills, and in the water is a reflection of whatever scene it was that Jiao was coming from. For better or ill.

Naku's Clearing

The clearing her throat does get Naku's attention. For the first time in a long time, Naku had let her guard down a bit, so the throat-clearing takes her entirely by surprise. Before Iamar even fully finishes the sound, Naku's eyes shoot up, staring directly at her. Her eyes glint bright, bright red for a moment in the darkness, and the entire clearing cools several degrees.
    Then she realized it was Iamar, and as quickly as the clearing had cooled, it warms back up.
    "Oh. Hello. I didn't. Um. I didn't see you there." She says, as she lowers the log back to the ground.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738

Flower Garden

Jiao leans over to watch, wondering what wondrous powers this woman commanded to be able to just show things like that.

The pond will show a steppe field, flat for miles around until mountains form in the distant horizon. Something that should be noted is that there's very little grass on the field, and what little is there is yellow and withered. Other plant life is near non-existant. Bodies of soldiers belonging to two separate armies can be seen strewn amongst the field.

In the center of the scene is a small group of people, huddled around a body. It isn't until one man, an archer, picks the body up that it becomes clear: this is Jiao's body.

"There's Tamid, thank the Ten he's alright. But who's he carry-" Jiao's blood runs cold upon seeing his own pale corpse.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar steps back, eyes widened. She had guessed that there was something more to Naku than she saw, but this wasn't what she guessed at all. She feels the sudden cold, and thanks her foresight to stay in her full travel dressings, which included plenty of layers. But just as her hand starts to drift to the hilt of her sword, everything warms back up and Naku looks normal again. Iamar sighs and steps forward once more.

"My apologies for startling you, Naku. I am unused to greeting others in this way."

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Pleasant Morning

Civvy kind of squints at him, peeeeering at the angel.
    She had heard him grumbling. So while she had a feeling what he was saying wasn't fully true, she didn't really have any sort of . . . well anything, really, in order to bring it up.
    "Well, all right then.
    In that case, yes. If you could make this plot of land into something wonderful, then that would be delightful. Also maybe go with Naku when she goes out to do something, that could be nice. It would be nice to have another angel going out doing things."
    [Pleasant Morning]

"As you command, my Lady. My first Mistress called me Cassian, or- he flutters to Civvy's ear and mutters his True Name, a tangled syllables of twinkling verse that Civvy may or may not be able to remember.
    that is, if you would not prefer something else. I shall endeavor to be the best gardener I can, and to serve your lieutenant when she asks. I would like to know of my angelic peers, if you would indulge my curiosity." he says stiffly.

20. - Top - End - #740

Flower Garden

Jiao leans over to watch, wondering what wondrous powers this woman commanded to be able to just show things like that.

The pond will show a steppe field, flat for miles around until mountains form in the distant horizon. Something that should be noted is that there's very little grass on the field, and what little is there is yellow and withered. Other plant life is near non-existant. Bodies of soldiers belonging to two separate armies can be seen strewn amongst the field.

In the center of the scene is a small group of people, huddled around a body. It isn't until one man, an archer, picks the body up that it becomes clear: this is Jiao's body.

"There's Tamid, thank the Ten he's alright. But who's he carry-" Jiao's blood runs cold upon seeing his own pale corpse.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar steps back, eyes widened. She had guessed that there was something more to Naku than she saw, but this wasn't what she guessed at all. She feels the sudden cold, and thanks her foresight to stay in her full travel dressings, which included plenty of layers. But just as her hand starts to drift to the hilt of her sword, everything warms back up and Naku looks normal again. Iamar sighs and steps forward once more.

"My apologies for startling you, Naku. I am unused to greeting others in this way."
    Flower Garden

Civvy nods a few times, staying quiet. She wasn't sure how he was going to take the news, and didn't want to rush or pressure him.

Naku's Clearing

"Oh, nononono. I am so, so sorry. I was . . . I was not paying any attention, and you startled me.

I, I do tend to be a bit jumpy."
    Naku admits, blushing slightly. "What. Um. What brings you this way?"

[Pleasant Morning]

"As you command, my Lady. My first Mistress called me Cassian, or- he flutters to Civvy's ear and mutters his True Name, a tangled syllables of twinkling verse that Civvy may or may not be able to remember.
    that is, if you would not prefer something else. I shall endeavor to be the best gardener I can, and to serve your lieutenant when she asks. I would like to know of my angelic peers, if you would indulge my curiosity." he says stiffly.
    Pleasant Morning

Civvy's eyes widen slightly. True Names were not something handed out lightly, and Civvy was loathe to misuse it. "I like Cassian. Unless you have a name you would prefer? And I know, I know, 'I just wish to serve and make you happy',
    and I appreciate that, but the best way you could make me happy is by being happy yourself, and you have a unique opportunity of starting brand new and fresh right now. So if there iiiiis anything you'd prefer to be called by, I would be delighted to call you that. Otherwise,
    I do like Cassian.

As for your peers, you, uh, you only have two."
    Civvy admits with a bit of a blush of her own. She doesn't have many angels yet. She's working on it. "You've got Rivvet, who's out on a Guardian Angel mission going and just keeping a few people safe, aaaand Naku. Who's probably over in her clearing in the forest at the moment."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741

Flower Garden

Jiao is still for what feels to him like hours. "I suppose this is no surprise. Before I woke up, I felt an arrow in my chest. Not even the finest of the hospitaliers could have saved me." He looks back up. "The battle appears won, and Tamid is safe. My life had meaning, at the least."

Naku's Clearing

"There is no need to apologize. I should have made my presence more, more clear." Iamar doesn't quite make eye contact with Naku, but she gets close.

"Well, I was w-wondering if you'd like to come and have tea with me, and perhaps speak for a time."

22. - Top - End - #742

Flower Garden

Jiao is still for what feels to him like hours. "I suppose this is no surprise. Before I woke up, I felt an arrow in my chest. Not even the finest of the hospitaliers could have saved me." He looks back up. "The battle appears won, and Tamid is safe. My life had meaning, at the least."

Naku's Clearing

"There is no need to apologize. I should have made my presence more, more clear." Iamar doesn't quite make eye contact with Naku, but she gets close.

"Well, I was w-wondering if you'd like to come and have tea with me, and perhaps speak for a time."
    Flower Garden

Civvy keeps the scene playing for a few more moments, before allowing it to fade away.
    "I am sorry for your loss." She says, never sure what to actually say in a moment like this. "But yes. Your life does appear to have had meaning, and your friends are safe."

Naku's Clearing

"O-oh. Yes. Yes I would love to go have some tea. I've been at this a while and could use a break. I've got some tea around here somewhere, if you would like? Or where you thinking of somewhere else?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

"Very well, I will see them should they be found in a reasonable location that does not incur too much of a time away from my duties. I should begin looking for new plants and seeds immediately." Cassian says with utmost seriousness, looking around as if he might find a flower shop right beside them.

24. - Top - End - #744

Flower Garden

The scene fades away as Jiao's apparent comrades start to dig graves for him and their other fallen comrades.

"From the beginning, we are taught that our lives are finite. Better to die for a cause than waste away on a throne." Jiao looks around. ""But I still don't understand why I'm here. This is most certainly not the domain of the Ten."

Naku's Clearing

"Ah. I had thought you would like to come with me to a tea house I have found; it reminds me a little of home. But if you wish to stay here..." Iamar looks more at the ground than at Naku.

25. - Top - End - #745

[Pleasant Morning]

"Very well, I will see them should they be found in a reasonable location that does not incur too much of a time away from my duties. I should begin looking for new plants and seeds immediately." Cassian says with utmost seriousness, looking around as if he might find a flower shop right beside them.
    Pleasant Morning

"Uhhh. Yeah Rivvet is several realities away. So she's indisposed for now. But Naku should just be about a half mile that way," Civvy points off towards the woods, and specifically the clearing within. "And is probably just working on her project, if you want to go say hi."

Flower Garden

The scene fades away as Jiao's apparent comrades start to dig graves for him and their other fallen comrades.

"From the beginning, we are taught that our lives are finite. Better to die for a cause than waste away on a throne." Jiao looks around. ""But I still don't understand why I'm here. This is most certainly not the domain of the Ten."

Naku's Clearing

"Ah. I had thought you would like to come with me to a tea house I have found; it reminds me a little of home. But if you wish to stay here..." Iamar looks more at the ground than at Naku.
    Flowers!

"Welllllllll. It might not be the domain of the Ten, buuut. Well.
    A'ight if we're honest.
    I am the Goddess of Hope, here at the crossroads of the universe. This is my Realm. Where my followers go when they die. Sooomehow you ended up here. And while you might not be one of my flock directly, I would like to offer you a place here, should you like."

Naku's Clearing

"Oh! Of course! I'll need a few moments to change, if that's all right." Naku says, suddenly realizing that she's just not dressed for going out at alllll.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746

Flower Garden

Jiao mouths the words "Goddess of Hope." "I am... unfamiliar with that title, I'm afraid. But I suppose I have no real option but to believe that you tell the truth. I saw my own body, and yet here I am, feeling as health as ever." He shrugs, and looks out over the pond. "And what would I do in this place?"

Naku's Clearing.

"Yes. Yes, of course. Take all the time you require." Iamar examines Naku's outfit, and concludes that of course that wasn't proper for a tea house. Which was the only reason she looked at that outfit.

27. - Top - End - #747

Flower Garden

Jiao mouths the words "Goddess of Hope." "I am... unfamiliar with that title, I'm afraid. But I suppose I have no real option but to believe that you tell the truth. I saw my own body, and yet here I am, feeling as health as ever." He shrugs, and looks out over the pond. "And what would I do in this place?"

Naku's Clearing.

"Yes. Yes, of course. Take all the time you require." Iamar examines Naku's outfit, and concludes that of course that wasn't proper for a tea house. Which was the only reason she looked at that outfit.
    Flower Garden

"Well, it's the only title I've got. No worries about being unfamiliar with it, you only just got here after all.

Welllllll. Whatever you want, really. It's the afterlife. You're not going to age. Do you have a passion? A hobby? A craft you've always wanted to master?"

Naku's Clearing

"Then I'll be . . . just, just a moment or two." Naku says, before walking over to a pile of cloth nearby, and picking up from it what could only be another pair of clothes, and heading behind a fairly large tree.
    On her way there though, her shirt doesn't really cover her shoulders or parts of her back too well, and actually lets Iamar catch that Naku actually has some fairly extensive and massive scarring abouuut just over her shoulder blades.
    A few minutes later, and she comes back out at least somewhat more presentably dressed, with at least a clean t shirt and jeans.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748

Flower Garden

"I- well, my passion has always been the word of the Ten." Jiao pulls a necklace out from within his robes - a sort of stylized symbol of an orchid, on an iron chain. "I have taught of their edicts since I came of age. More specifically, I speak of the Lady of Passion, Fiore, and I recreate her dances." Sounds like a cleric of some kind.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar definitely notices the scarring on Naku's shoulders, even with the distance between them. She unconsciously touches the scar that runs across her own cheek.

When the few minutes pass, Iamar nods towards her. "I fear I may be overdressed," she says, in a pretty sad attempt at a joke. "Is there anything else you require?

29. - Top - End - #749

Flower Garden

"I- well, my passion has always been the word of the Ten." Jiao pulls a necklace out from within his robes - a sort of stylized symbol of an orchid, on an iron chain. "I have taught of their edicts since I came of age. More specifically, I speak of the Lady of Passion, Fiore, and I recreate her dances." Sounds like a cleric of some kind.

Naku's Clearing

Iamar definitely notices the scarring on Naku's shoulders, even with the distance between them. She unconsciously touches the scar that runs across her own cheek.

When the few minutes pass, Iamar nods towards her. "I fear I may be overdressed," she says, in a pretty sad attempt at a joke. "Is there anything else you require?
    Flower Garden

"Oooh!" Civvy exclaims, excitedly clapping rapidly. "Dances are wonderful! You are more than welcome to follow that calling! That sounds delightful!
    Also that symbol is lovely!"

Naku's Clearing

Naku smiles slightly at the joke. Iamar was always so funny, with good jokes.
    "No I'm, I think I'm set. Do you need anything?" Naku asks, almost awkwardly because it's like instinctively saying 'thanks you too' when the waiter says 'enjoy your meal' and why did she do that oh gosh aaaa.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750

Flower Garden

"Are you sure? While I am happy to continue Fiore's teachings and rites, this is, well, your realm. And you are most certainly not the Lady of Passion." Jiao looks perplexed at Civvy's excitability. He didn't know what to expect upon meeting the gods, but it wasn't this.

Naku's Clearing

"No, I am quite alright." Iamar barely notices that of course she was ready to go, and instead makes sure Naku knows. "The tea house is in the city, if you'd like to follow me."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-03-05 at 01:34 AM.