Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Garden Bench]

Kendra smiles gently and nods.

"The Demon Slayer might be a good place to start. From what I've been able to surmise thus far, the entity isn't actually a demon, but if this person has dealt with other sorts of entities as well, then they might be able to help. I know of MERC, but I didn't think they handled things like this. What are GLoG and HALO? Some sort of peace-keepers?"
    Bench In The Garden

"Rightio! To the castle, then!" Civvy says, standing. "And yeah. GLoG is . . . honestly, I'm not fully sure what GLoG does. I never got out much. They're the Good League of Good(I think?), and I always wanted to go visit them, but never seemed to get a chance.
    And HALO is the heroic anti-evil stuffs. They can probably help too.

But Grant first."
    With that, unless Kendra has more questions, she leads them off quickly to The Castle! Where presumable Hard-Hat Civvy and Grant are still standing. Unless that scene has progressed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Puppy... PUPPY!!!

Grant poofs to the castle and promptly poofs right back to the Civvy, holding the massive pup has a size more comparable with a wooly mammoth who has his tongue lolled out in a doggy grin.

I'm keeping him.

3. - Top - End - #63

NinjaGuy

[Bench In The Garden -> Castle]

"I see. But yes, let's talk to Grant." And once more, she's following Civvy to the castle!
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #64

[Bench In The Garden -> Castle]

"I see. But yes, let's talk to Grant." And once more, she's following Civvy to the castle!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Puppy... PUPPY!!!

Grant poofs to the castle and promptly poofs right back to the Civvy, holding the massive pup has a size more comparable with a wooly mammoth who has his tongue lolled out in a doggy grin.

I'm keeping him.
    The other Civvy poofs, as the current Civvy arrives.
    "Of course, Grant. He didn't want to move. I'd be hurt if you didn't adopt him.

Grant, this is Kendra! Kendra, Grant. Kendra seems to have a problem with some intersomething evil thing that needs a whupping. I know you, like, just got here and haven't even dropped off your stuff yet, but I thought you might be interested."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Town

Presumably there's no actual charge. So instead, the bakers get back to restocking their shelves.
    There is definitely some sort of tavern. Though instead of traditional alcohol they serve mixed, colorful, tasty drinks. Also it apparently seems to serve as more of a gathering place and restaurant than it does tavern, since guests are rare, and everyone living here has a house of their own.

Spooky Clearing

As the pebble flies towards the vampire, the entire clearing gets just a bit colder, especially just around the pebble. The end result is the pebble getting coated in several inches of ice before it reaches the vampire -- just in case it's set to explode or anything --, before the vampire swats it aside.
    "Patronizing? I wouldn't dream of patronizing you."
    Deepwood grumbled. He took a flight through the branches of the top of the trees, hiding.

He tried to sneak as best as he could and then jump on the vampire's back.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

"I sure could. But the thing is, those fishies are alive. And you would have to be killing them. Thaaat is the part I don't approve of.

There are actually a few farms that are growing plants, for things like the bread, and the veggies. They do fall outside of the range of the map though, so I didn't add them. The town also doesn't end at the edge of the map. The map is a replica of the world, the world is not a replica of the map. If you keep walking, you'll likely find that the town goes on and on and on and on . . ."

Then to answer the rest of his questions, Civvy begins with a shrug. "Well, first off, the town is infinite, but even then, it is somewhat sparsely populated, you are correct. The reason for that, though, is that all things considered I am not a terrible old god yet. Simply put, there hasn't really been time for a lot of my followers to actually die. And it gets kinda lonely. Which is why I opened the gates.
    The energy for the portal is just coming from me."
    She says, as if that explains everything.
    [Town]

"Well if ya be makin' the town infinitely large, then infinite parts of it will be completely vacant, even if ya be puttin' infinite inhabitants in it. Do ya even math, buddy?" A hint of smug superiority shows on Dale's face. "Anyway, y'all got some interestin' stuff in here that's not food or infinite flower gardens? Like, the castle and mansion in the woods, there bein' somethin' in there?"
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Deepwood grumbled. He took a flight through the branches of the top of the trees, hiding.

He tried to sneak as best as he could and then jump on the vampire's back.
    Well, the problem for Deepwood is that the trees are tall, and the vampire is in the middle of a several hundred foot wide clearing. So jumping from the trees onto her back gives her plenty of time to dodge, unless he's traveling very fast. She is also very clearly used to fighting in the dark, and is definitely tracking his location somehow.
    "Would you just stop?"

So the question is, did Deepwood keep flying after the jump attempt, or is he now on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Town]

"Well if ya be makin' the town infinitely large, then infinite parts of it will be completely vacant, even if ya be puttin' infinite inhabitants in it. Do ya even math, buddy?" A hint of smug superiority shows on Dale's face. "Anyway, y'all got some interestin' stuff in here that's not food or infinite flower gardens? Like, the castle and mansion in the woods, there bein' somethin' in there?"
    Town

"Well. Yeah. Of course. But I decided that, since people tend to stick together, the infinite parts that could be vacant will, for the most part, be in large chunks, therefor by having infinite space to grow into, people can spread out more as more arrive. So it won't be like a patch of people here, infinite space, more patches of people, space, people, so on.
    Besides. I figured that since time isn't going to stop, and people aren't going to stop coming here for, again, infinity, better to have infinite space and infinite people than infinite people and limited space."
    Civvy shrugs. Apparently she has at least somewhat thought it through.

"Uhhhh. Yeah. There's a castle. Its owner hasn't full moved in yet, so not sure it's ready to be visited, and the mansion actually is just, like, plaaaans for a mansion. It's probably not going to be done for quite a while, as the person moving in there is determined to build it all by hand, and she has some, uh, delays at the moment."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-04-04 at 02:27 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood probably on the ground- he tried to charge at her, with all of his weight

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #69

Deepwood probably on the ground- he tried to charge at her, with all of his weight
    Then as he moves, he miiight just end up tripping over the thing the vampire was dragging!
    If he does, he'll find out that it . . .

It's a log? Definitely a large piece of wood.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"How typical!" Deepwood grunted, getting up.
    "Hmm? So this is NOT a corpse?"

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #71

"How typical!" Deepwood grunted, getting up.
    "Hmm? So this is NOT a corpse?"
    The vampire blinked several times, obvious in the darkness due to the glowing eyes.
    "W-what? No! Noooo!" And with that, the darkness vanishes. Well, truthfully, if fades away, giving everyone's eyes a little bit of time to get used to the light.

Turns out that, yeah, the person is still definitely a vampire, but is also wearing a rather adorable sun hat, has a pair of leather gloves on, and is standing near a hard surface she's using to split logs. Apparently she's just dragging them over and burying long logs to mark the outer edge of something.
    As for the rest of her description, she's quite tall, with dark purple hair that she has back in a bun, her red eyes aren't glowing any more, now that they're not in the darkness. She's also obviously of Asian descent, though likely due to being a vampire, is suuuper pale. She also, even now in Civvy's realm, has her katana strapped to her waist.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

The raven-haired woman introduced as Kendra nods respectfully at Grant before extending a hand to shake, looking Grant up and down.

"Well met. I'm actually looking for information on it, and Civvy thought you would be the best person to ask to start with."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The vampire blinked several times, obvious in the darkness due to the glowing eyes.
    "W-what? No! Noooo!" And with that, the darkness vanishes. Well, truthfully, if fades away, giving everyone's eyes a little bit of time to get used to the light.

Turns out that, yeah, the person is still definitely a vampire, but is also wearing a rather adorable sun hat, has a pair of leather gloves on, and is standing near a hard surface she's using to split logs. Apparently she's just dragging them over and burying long logs to mark the outer edge of something.
    As for the rest of her description, she's quite tall, with dark purple hair that she has back in a bun, her red eyes aren't glowing any more, now that they're not in the darkness. She's also obviously of Asian descent, though likely due to being a vampire, is suuuper pale. She also, even now in Civvy's realm, has her katana strapped to her waist.
    Deepwood scrathed his mane.
    "I didn't seen that coming...'
    he looked confused. "Aren't you feeding on blood?"

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #74

Deepwood scrathed his mane.
    "I didn't seen that coming...'
    he looked confused. "Aren't you feeding on blood?"
    "Mmmmmnot really. I haven't, well, not directly in . . . I don't know. Years now. I'm Naku, by the way." Naku says, with a bit of a polite nod.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

[Castle]

The raven-haired woman introduced as Kendra nods respectfully at Grant before extending a hand to shake, looking Grant up and down.

"Well met. I'm actually looking for information on it, and Civvy thought you would be the best person to ask to start with."

For the benefit of those who haven't met him before. Grant is a pretty big guy, standing at 6'4 and built like a guy that enjoys his gym time. Under a mop of Brown hair are a set of glowing blue eyes that glow too brighly for his pupils to be visible. Down his arms run a fairless impressive set of tattoos that go down to his wrists. At his side is the funny looking pup, something like a VERY large Irish Wolfhound puppy.

Well if it's otherworldy bad stuff you're trying to kill, I'm familiar with most all of it as I've killed it all once or twice in my time. What is it exactly?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

"Well. Yeah. Of course. But I decided that, since people tend to stick together, the infinite parts that could be vacant will, for the most part, be in large chunks, therefor by having infinite space to grow into, people can spread out more as more arrive. So it won't be like a patch of people here, infinite space, more patches of people, space, people, so on.
    Besides. I figured that since time isn't going to stop, and people aren't going to stop coming here for, again, infinity, better to have infinite space and infinite people than infinite people and limited space."
    Civvy shrugs. Apparently she has at least somewhat thought it through.

"Uhhhh. Yeah. There's a castle. Its owner hasn't full moved in yet, so not sure it's ready to be visited, and the mansion actually is just, like, plaaaans for a mansion. It's probably not going to be done for quite a while, as the person moving in there is determined to build it all by hand, and she has some, uh, delays at the moment."
    [Town]

"Peple only'll be keepin' on comin' here for infinity if you manage to live and support this heaven forever. Even gods kick the bucket some day, not necessarily of old age."

"Well, I guess if y'are dead, ya be havin' all the time ya need tu build a mansion by yaself. Be needin' years for..." Dale pauses for a moment as an idea springs to his mind. Greatly improving tools, building materials and machinery, that was exactly what he was using his magic for. Maybe he could help out that building woman? Then he remembers that money doesn't seem to be a thing in this realm. No pay, no help. "...that"
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmmmmnot really. I haven't, we"ll, not directly in . . . I don't know. Years now. I'm Naku, by the way." Naku says, with a bit of a polite nod.
    "Ugh. So what are you feeding on then, Lady Naku?" Deepwood kept questioning with mix of suspicion, and some manners which his wife managed to teach him.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    For the benefit of those who haven't met him before. Grant is a pretty big guy, standing at 6'4 and built like a guy that enjoys his gym time. Under a mop of Brown hair are a set of glowing blue eyes that glow too brighly for his pupils to be visible. Down his arms run a fairless impressive set of tattoos that go down to his wrists. At his side is the funny looking pup, something like a VERY large Irish Wolfhound puppy.

Well if it's otherworldy bad stuff you're trying to kill, I'm familiar with most all of it as I've killed it all once or twice in my time. What is it exactly?
    Civvy, not knowing what the thing to kill actually is, just stays quiet and listens.

[Town]

"Peple only'll be keepin' on comin' here for infinity if you manage to live and support this heaven forever. Even gods kick the bucket some day, not necessarily of old age."

"Well, I guess if y'are dead, ya be havin' all the time ya need tu build a mansion by yaself. Be needin' years for..." Dale pauses for a moment as an idea springs to his mind. Greatly improving tools, building materials and machinery, that was exactly what he was using his magic for. Maybe he could help out that building woman? Then he remembers that money doesn't seem to be a thing in this realm. No pay, no help. "...that"
    Town

Civvy shrugs a bit. "G-gods die someday? You. Uh. You have't dealt with gods much, have you? Sure, the mantle might be passed on, or perhaps all their believers might stop believing or die, but let me tell you: people will never stop believing in hope."

Then on to his second point. "Oh no, she's not dead. I just gave her a plot of land and told her to have at. She deliberately chose to make something that would take years, and is no no huge rush." She would also, Civvy knew, politely decline any offer of help. Not just from Dale, but from anyone, because she wanted to do this on her own, by her own hand.

"Ugh. So what are you feeding on then, Lady Naku?" Deepwood kept questioning with mix of suspicion, and some manners which his wife managed to teach him.
    "Just Naku, please." Then she shrugs too. "Steak. Salads. Curry. Burgers. Lately, Falafel.
    Why? What do you eat?"
    Naku asks, taking off her gloves to reveal a collection of small scars on her hands, before crossing her arms.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood hasn't missed the scars.
    "Fruits, grass, whatever my wife cook or bake... she isn't that bad. Really
    "
    he paused.
    "I guess it was a terrible question... but part of my job is hunting for monsters" he has explained, and then grumbled adding"For evil ones, of course. I am not THAT terrible pony.'

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #80

Deepwood hasn't missed the scars.
    "Fruits, grass, whatever my wife cook or bake... she isn't that bad. Really
    "
    he paused.
    "I guess it was a terrible question... but part of my job is hunting for monsters" he has explained, and then grumbled adding"For evil ones, of course. I am not THAT terrible pony.'
    "Well. That certainly explains why you called me a monster that doesn't belong here and attacked me." Naku comments, frowning at him.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra's expression changes slightly. Her face doesn't shift, but there's a hardness in her eyes that takes over, and they seem to smolder once more...and was that a lightning bolt that just flashed across her irises?

"It's a being from the space between dimensions; I don't know exactly which ones. On its own, it's fairly harmless, but since it's found and bonded to a host, it's particularly destructive. It calls itself 'The Devourer', which is a rather apt name, as it can envelope and eat pretty much anything, including life-force, and I would presume, magic. In my home dimension, we managed to contain it in a dimensional pocket for about a century, but it was able to slowly eat the energy that was used to create the pocket and drain the prison's power supply,"
    she explains calmly. "We know of no way to separate it from its host, and it uses the energy it gets from eating things to rapidly regenerate its host, in addition to granting him other particularly dangerous abilities, the most most potent of which that we've seen is localized gravitational manipulation. It also claims to have seen other dimensions, though I don't know which ones. I was hoping perhaps someone here in the Nexus has seen, or better, fought and possibly defeated, this entity or one similar enough that the same tactics might work, but so far I've not found much, which is why I'm here."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

Civvy shrugs a bit. "G-gods die someday? You. Uh. You have't dealt with gods much, have you? Sure, the mantle might be passed on, or perhaps all their believers might stop believing or die, but let me tell you: people will never stop believing in hope."

Then on to his second point. "Oh no, she's not dead. I just gave her a plot of land and told her to have at. She deliberately chose to make something that would take years, and is no no huge rush." She would also, Civvy knew, politely decline any offer of help. Not just from Dale, but from anyone, because she wanted to do this on her own, by her own hand.
    [Town]

"Well, Baldr died, despite bein' god of love an' peace an' all that. So did ol' Quetzalcoatl, and people sure didn't stop learnin' an' wind didn't stop blowin' after his death. And all gods in Norse-based worlds usually die if there's a Ragnarök. And Osiris would still be restin' in pieces of his sister didn't put him back together. An' Shinigami die if they scribble the wrong person down in their death note, the very reason for the Exalts existence is so they can kill gods an' in at least one world, some Kratos fella killed all other gods."
    Dale always feels like an intellectual when citing knowledge he gained from watching top 10 videos on the internet.

"Hol' up a second. She just done started makin' a mansion in the woods, an' some other dude just be movin' into the castle? Ya be givin' away plots of land for free, or what? Also, who would want to be wastin' their life with a stupid hobby like building a house?" Watching demolition derby while getting wasted on cheap beer is a much better choice of hobby, apparently.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Town]

"Well, Baldr died, despite bein' god of love an' peace an' all that. So did ol' Quetzalcoatl, and people sure didn't stop learnin' an' wind didn't stop blowin' after his death. And all gods in Norse-based worlds usually die if there's a Ragnarök. And Osiris would still be restin' in pieces of his sister didn't put him back together. An' Shinigami die if they scribble the wrong person down in their death note, the very reason for the Exalts existence is so they can kill gods an' in at least one world, some Kratos fella killed all other gods."
    Dale always feels like an intellectual when citing knowledge he gained from watching top 10 videos on the internet.

"Hol' up a second. She just done started makin' a mansion in the woods, an' some other dude just be movin' into the castle? Ya be givin' away plots of land for free, or what? Also, who would want to be wastin' their life with a stupid hobby like building a house?" Watching demolition derby while getting wasted on cheap beer is a much better choice of hobby, apparently.
    Town

Civvy frowns at him, and it is very obvious that, had there not been a second part with an actual question, she would have just ended the conversation there.

"Yes they did. And no, I'm not giving them away for free. Both of them paid quite a bit for their land.
    As for why . . . I don't know. You'd have to ask her yourself."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"Well. That certainly explains why you called me a monster that doesn't belong here and attacked me." Naku comments, frowning at him.
    "Yep." Deepwood nodded. He wasn't thinking of the idea to apologize. Socializing was so complicated for him- that why he preffered critters- they have understood him, without him needing to stuggle with words

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #85

"Yep." Deepwood nodded. He wasn't thinking of the idea to apologize. Socializing was so complicated for him- that why he preffered critters- they have understood him, without him needing to stuggle with words
    "Well all right then. I'm going to get back to work then, unless you're planning on attacking me again?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Well all right then. I'm going to get back to work then, unless you're planning on attacking me again?"
    "Could be fun"Deepwood grinned.
    "I am Deepwood. Just in case you care- you are probably not, but just to be sure"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

Civvy frowns at him, and it is very obvious that, had there not been a second part with an actual question, she would have just ended the conversation there.

"Yes they did. And no, I'm not giving them away for free. Both of them paid quite a bit for their land.
    As for why . . . I don't know. You'd have to ask her yourself."
    [Town]

"Ain't got no time for that." Dale says and takes a quick look over to the forest in the distance. "Well, if there be no more interestin' stuff to be done around here, I guess I'll be headin' back home now." He makes a lazy goodbye gesture as he starts walking towards his truck and the portal. Did that goddess really bill some people a lot of money for a piece of land that's literally infinite and equally heavenly everywhere? What a scam. He's gonna tell that one to his NPC buddies for sure.

Arriving at the blue truck, Dale gets an idea: what will happen with life from this realm if it is taken to the Nexus? To find the answer, he reaches down, rips a flower out of the ground (with root and all, so it doesn't die) and throws it into the passenger seat's foot space. If Civvy didn't interfere to heroically save the life of that flower, he will start the engine and drive through the portal.

28. - Top - End - #88

"Could be fun"Deepwood grinned.
    "I am Deepwood. Just in case you care- you are probably not, but just to be sure"
    That gets quite the raised eyebrow from Naku. "'Fun'?
    'Fun'?

You kno- . . ."
    Then she has to pause, take a deep breath, and slowly let it out. "Hello Deepwood. Thank you for visiting. And I do hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here." The niceness of the words is a bit detracted from, as it's spoken through fairly clenched teeth.

[Town]

"Ain't got no time for that." Dale says and takes a quick look over to the forest in the distance. "Well, if there be no more interestin' stuff to be done around here, I guess I'll be headin' back home now." He makes a lazy goodbye gesture as he starts walking towards his truck and the portal. Did that goddess really bill some people a lot of money for a piece of land that's literally infinite and equally heavenly everywhere? What a scam. He's gonna tell that one to his NPC buddies for sure.

Arriving at the blue truck, Dale gets an idea: what will happen with life from this realm if it is taken to the Nexus? To find the answer, he reaches down, rips a flower out of the ground (with root and all, so it doesn't die) and throws it into the passenger seat's foot space. If Civvy didn't interfere to heroically save the life of that flower, he will start the engine and drive through the portal.
    Town

"Alll right. Buh bye. Thanks for visiting."
    Charge them? Yes. Money? Oh no. What use does she have for money?

Nothing stops him from taking the flower out.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood tilted his head.
    "Did I said something wrong? Your heart beat as if you are angry or something."

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #90

Deepwood tilted his head.
    "Did I said something wrong? Your heart beat as if you are angry or something."
    "Just. . . surprised that you find it fun, is all." Naku explains, shaking her head slightly.
    Show