New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I dyo. Sorry to surrprise mew. What brings you here?" Nyaku asks in a polite, honestly curious way. Not, say, in a sort of demanding tone. She's just honestly curious, because then maybe she could help.
    "I'm studying different afterlives!" Anima explains, getting a clipboard out of her bookbag. It looks like the papers clipped to it are some sort of survey or census. "Could you answer a few questions about what it's like here?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suppose you sure do. How, uh," Grace is obviously kind of flailing for a subject. "what sort of things do you normally do to pass the time?"
    I, uh...
    Xavouir rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.
    I spread the gospel. I'm technically a priest...of the goddess of life and death, name of Pharasma.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flower Garden -> Town Square
    "Of course then! Off we go!" With that, Civvy takes Jiao on a tour of the place! That I know you know so no reaaal need to go through all the steps. Though if he wants to comment or stop anywhere, he is, of course, more than welcome to!
    Jiao does have a comment when he's in the town square! He gives a fond smile to the place. "I am reminded of the Gerugia of my youth - when the finest Odrad glass made up our windows, and everyone went out to greet their neighbors."

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Pleasant Afternoon]

"Think nothing of it. I am Cassian, the Lady's newest servant. She told me that you would be my superior." he announces. He doesn't offer to shake her hand because he's too small.
    "She told me that you are sometimes her hunter."
    Pleasant Afternoon

"I-" Oh. This is something Naku never actually expected. "I suppose that's correct, then. I am Naku, Champion of our Lady.
    I am occasionally her Hunter, yes. When there's something going on that she deems bad, but that it isn't really feasible to send a large group of people to go handle, she sends me.

So what. Um. If I'm to be your superior, whaaat are your qualifications? What can you do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "I'm studying different afterlives!" Anima explains, getting a clipboard out of her bookbag. It looks like the papers clipped to it are some sort of survey or census. "Could you answer a few questions about what it's like here?"
    "I see!
    This one's definitely the best!"
    Nyaku, you're incredibly biased, and your word simply by itself should not be taken as any more than just a single person's opini- "Of course! Ask away, nya!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    I, uh...
    Xavouir rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.
    I spread the gospel. I'm technically a priest...of the goddess of life and death, name of Pharasma.
    ". . . huh. Didn't expect that coming, honestly.
    So. Tell me about them, then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Flower Garden -> Town Square

Jiao does have a comment when he's in the town square! He gives a fond smile to the place. "I am reminded of the Gerugia of my youth - when the finest Odrad glass made up our windows, and everyone went out to greet their neighbors."
    Town Square

"That definitely happens a lot here! Fresh bread in the mornings, people out and about, laughing, talking. It is delightful. I am glad you sound familiar with it, even though it sounds like it might have faded. Those memories are important."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Afternoon]

"Um. Well, I was a hunter in my previous service." Cassian says, mortified. "But the Lady said I should tend her garden, so...I think I do that now?" he admits, tugging at his new denim outfit.
    "Perhaps you could speak to her about what would be useful to you."
    The idea that he could simply be given more than one role at once doesn't process in his head.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

". . . huh. Didn't expect that coming, honestly.
    So. Tell me about them, then?"
    Xavouir's voice seems to gain resonance as he starts, and a faint purple nimbus glows around him as he continues.

In the beginning, the gods battled a beast named Rovagug, and it was only due to the deceiver Asmodeus that Rovagug was imprisoned inside Golarian's core. The battle had left the planet's surface scarred, and the gods could not repair it. It was then that tower of bone was constructed, and Pharasma emerged, and with her life Sprung on Golarian. All was well, the humans and elves and dwarves were working to build a new planet, one of beauty and tranquility. However, one human woman named Urgothoa died one day, an unjust death, one of an error made in the law. When she went to Pharasma's Boneyard to await judgement of her deeds, she feared for her soul. She escaped the Boneyard, using unholy magics, and returned to Golarian as the first undead. She used her magics to raise more, vampires, ghouls, wights, ghasts, liches, all these things and more. Pharamsa abandoned the Boneyard for a time, and turned her worshippers against this horde of unholy evil. To this day, we find those who seek to bend life for their own purposes, and destroy them.

Xavouir blinks.

Dang. I forget how invested I get in that.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

7. - Top - End - #937

"I see!
    This one's definitely the best!"
    Nyaku, you're incredibly biased, and your word simply by itself should not be taken as any more than just a single person's opini- "Of course! Ask away, nya!"
    Anima smiles and starts in on some basic questions. "Okay. What makes it the best? Other than you being here?"
    "How long have you been here? Are you going to stay forever? Are there any parts of the realm that aren't like the rest?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #938

Town Square

Jiao gives a sad smile. "Yes, those times are over. The people who haven't left to fight are often too scared to venture outside for more than moments at a time. Few and fewer have come to hear the words of the Ten."

9. - Top - End - #939

[Pleasant Afternoon]

"Um. Well, I was a hunter in my previous service." Cassian says, mortified. "But the Lady said I should tend her garden, so...I think I do that now?" he admits, tugging at his new denim outfit.
    "Perhaps you could speak to her about what would be useful to you."
    The idea that he could simply be given more than one role at once doesn't process in his head.
    Pleasant Afternoon

Naku blinks at Cassian a few times, obviously confused.
    "W-well. I mean. She kind of told me to work on a house, and still sends me out to go do things. So I'm preeeeeeeeetty sure she didn't mean for you to only tend the garden. If anything-" Naku's actually cut off by Civvy appearing right then nearby!
    "I-brought-you-a-thing-it's-a-keyblade-thingy-here-you-go-bye~" She says all in one breath, leaving behind an almost alter-looking thing with a key sort of thing on it, about Cassian sized.
    "-aaaand there she goes again."

Xavouir's voice seems to gain resonance as he starts, and a faint purple nimbus glows around him as he continues.

In the beginning, the gods battled a beast named Rovagug, and it was only due to the deceiver Asmodeus that Rovagug was imprisoned inside Golarian's core. The battle had left the planet's surface scarred, and the gods could not repair it. It was then that tower of bone was constructed, and Pharasma emerged, and with her life Sprung on Golarian. All was well, the humans and elves and dwarves were working to build a new planet, one of beauty and tranquility. However, one human woman named Urgothoa died one day, an unjust death, one of an error made in the law. When she went to Pharasma's Boneyard to await judgement of her deeds, she feared for her soul. She escaped the Boneyard, using unholy magics, and returned to Golarian as the first undead. She used her magics to raise more, vampires, ghouls, wights, ghasts, liches, all these things and more. Pharamsa abandoned the Boneyard for a time, and turned her worshippers against this horde of unholy evil. To this day, we find those who seek to bend life for their own purposes, and destroy them.

Xavouir blinks.

Dang. I forget how invested I get in that.
    "I seeeeeeeeee. So . . . just to make sure I get it. You . . . well, you two, have a 'thing' against just. Undead, in general? Those seeking to twist life into some sort of unholy thing?"

Anima smiles and starts in on some basic questions. "Okay. What makes it the best? Other than you being here?"
    "How long have you been here? Are you going to stay forever? Are there any parts of the realm that aren't like the rest?
    "Mmmmmthese are haaaaaard." Nyaku whines kind of adorably, biting at her lower lip.
    "I mean, I'm he-" Oh wait that was specifically pointed out as an 'other than' thing.
    Hmm.
    "Iiiiit's. Nice. And there are friendly people. And the gyardens are nyiiiice. And housing is free. Which is also nyice.

Few months? I'm still relllyatively mew here.
    Purrobably furrever, mhm.

The forest! Or the spooky clearing therein. It's always real cold over there."

Town Square

Jiao gives a sad smile. "Yes, those times are over. The people who haven't left to fight are often too scared to venture outside for more than moments at a time. Few and fewer have come to hear the words of the Ten."
    Town Square

Civvy frowns. She might not know the Ten at all, but that sounded pretty terrible all the same. "Well. Hopefully those days can be brought back. And soon."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Afternoon]

"But cherubs specialize! That is our nature!" Cassian exclaims. What sort of angels are these, being good at multiple things?!

Still, keys are a very noble tool, much more noble than a shovel. Cassian hops over to pick it up (walking is slightly more dramatic than flying), hoping it'll override his current instrument and provide him with a more noble outfit.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

"I seeeeeeeeee. So . . . just to make sure I get it. You . . . well, you two, have a 'thing' against just. Undead, in general? Those seeking to twist life into some sort of unholy thing?"
    Xavouir considers, then says: Well, I went up against a brain in a jar at one point, and he technically wasn't undead, but yeah undead are the only ones we go after. Generally. Brain guy was a-hole.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-04-06 at 05:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #942

Default [Interview]

"Mmmmmthese are haaaaaard." Nyaku whines kind of adorably, biting at her lower lip.
    "I mean, I'm he-" Oh wait that was specifically pointed out as an 'other than' thing.
    Hmm.
    "Iiiiit's. Nice. And there are friendly people. And the gyardens are nyiiiice. And housing is free. Which is also nyice.

Few months? I'm still relllyatively mew here.
    Purrobably furrever, mhm.

The forest! Or the spooky clearing therein. It's always real cold over there."
    "A spooky clearing! That's probably where I need to look, then. Thanks, miss!"

"But there's a few more. If housing is free, what's nyot not free? And is there anything you have to do here? That is, how do you spend your time?"

Anima is visibly trying not to be swayed by how adorable her survey subject is. But it's not working.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #943

Town Square

Jiao eventually looks back up at Civvy and nods. "Perhaps one day. There are those uniting against the armies that would seek to conquer the land. I was part of them, for a time. But, well, you see how that turned out."

14. - Top - End - #944

[Pleasant Afternoon]

"But cherubs specialize! That is our nature!" Cassian exclaims. What sort of angels are these, being good at multiple things?!

Still, keys are a very noble tool, much more noble than a shovel. Cassian hops over to pick it up (walking is slightly more dramatic than flying), hoping it'll override his current instrument and provide him with a more noble outfit.
    Pleasant Afternoon

"But. What about. How about. Why don't you specialize. At multitasking. You will be unique and amazing and it'll be great." Civvy feels so very smart. So very. Very smart.

The key thingy definitely does override his outfit! It might not be the most noble, but it does look cool, while remaining quite stylish.
    I also fully hope you had these links saved because I didn't wheeeee.

Xavouir considers, then says: Well, I went up against a brain in a jar at one point, and he technically wasn't undead, but yeah undead are the only ones we go after. Generally. Brain guy was a-hole.
    "I seeeeeeee. I suppose that makes sense." That was about all the topics she had thought of though.

"A spooky clearing! That's probably where I need to look, then. Thanks, miss!"

"But there's a few more. If housing is free, what's nyot not free? And is there anything you have to do here? That is, how do you spend your time?"

Anima is visibly trying not to be swayed by how adorable her survey subject is. But it's not working.
    "Purrobably! Dress wyarm though! It always seems cool over thyere."

Nyaku just blinks several times, the idea of stuff nyot being free apparently somewhat foreign to her. "I- I mean. Usually stuff is trade. Favors. Baker makes me bread, I help him move supplies. Or syomething like. Cooperation!
    I spend a lyot of time napping."
    Nyaku admits, aaaaalmost blushing, but brushing it off because there was nothing against that!

Town Square

Jiao eventually looks back up at Civvy and nods. "Perhaps one day. There are those uniting against the armies that would seek to conquer the land. I was part of them, for a time. But, well, you see how that turned out."
    Town Square

"Hopefully someday, yes. I do hope everything goes well down there for them. I really do."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

"I seeeeeeee. I suppose that makes sense." That was about all the topics she had thought of though.

Me too. Grace and Xavouir have the funz, give me a while to activate plan cheese elf.

16. - Top - End - #946

"Purrobably! Dress wyarm though! It always seems cool over thyere."

Nyaku just blinks several times, the idea of stuff nyot being free apparently somewhat foreign to her. "I- I mean. Usually stuff is trade. Favors. Baker makes me bread, I help him move supplies. Or syomething like. Cooperation!
    I spend a lyot of time napping."
    Nyaku admits, aaaaalmost blushing, but brushing it off because there was nothing against that!
    She didn't even say 'nyapping'. Anima narrows her eyes suspiciously; is this a fake cat tic?
    "I'll keep warm, for sure."
    "One last thing - have you ever been anywhere outside this realm? Do you remember anyplace else?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #947

She didn't even say 'nyapping'. Anima narrows her eyes suspiciously; is this a fake cat tic?
    "I'll keep warm, for sure."
    "One last thing - have you ever been anywhere outside this realm? Do you remember anyplace else?"
    Oooor it's just that her player was stressed, incredibly tired, and just wanted to make a post because was feeling bad for not having posted in a while, and simply forgot it.

"Of cyourse I have. And am usually thyere when I'm nyot hyere."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948

Well, yes, it's probably that. Don't feel bad about it!

"Where is it?" Anima asks her. That's where that question was going.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #949

Well, yes, it's probably that. Don't feel bad about it!

"Where is it?" Anima asks her. That's where that question was going.
    Nyaku shrugs. Her shrug is not a small, subtle thing, as her hands also come up, palms raised.
    "W'Iunno. I dyon't usually walk."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian gains a pink and gold key seemingly made of filigree and stained glass, and a suit of armor covered by a surcoat, also bearing Civvy's colors of choice. His shovel shrinks neatly into a slot on his belt.
    Civvy's suggestion seems to hurt his brain a little, though.

"I...I don't...know if that....uuuuh?" he stammers, eye twitching in effort.

21. - Top - End - #951

Nyaku shrugs. Her shrug is not a small, subtle thing, as her hands also come up, palms raised.
    "W'Iunno. I dyon't usually walk."
    "Oh, well, thanks." Anima offers, baffled by the catgirl.
    "I'm just going to...head on to the spooky forest, okay?"
    It's probably over that way, the way she's started walking. She keeps her eyes on Nyaku for longer than she probably needs to as she departs.

And if it's not the right direction to find the forest and its spooky clearing, well, she can start over.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #952

Town Square

"Hopefully someday, yes. I do hope everything goes well down there for them. I really do."
    "It is out of our hands," Jiao says. "With luck, the people of my home shall see the path to their peace."

23. - Top - End - #953

Apologies for delays in all these scenes.
    Real life and I are fighting right now, and real life is winning pretty hard.

[Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian gains a pink and gold key seemingly made of filigree and stained glass, and a suit of armor covered by a surcoat, also bearing Civvy's colors of choice. His shovel shrinks neatly into a slot on his belt.
    Civvy's suggestion seems to hurt his brain a little, though.

"I...I don't...know if that....uuuuh?" he stammers, eye twitching in effort.
    Civvy blinks at him a few times.
    "We. Uh. We'll work on that. No need to rush into things." And then she's gooooone, leaving just Cassian and Naku in the clearing.

"Oh, well, thanks." Anima offers, baffled by the catgirl.
    "I'm just going to...head on to the spooky forest, okay?"
    It's probably over that way, the way she's started walking. She keeps her eyes on Nyaku for longer than she probably needs to as she departs.

And if it's not the right direction to find the forest and its spooky clearing, well, she can start over.
    "Kaaaaaaay! Have fun! Byaaaaaaaaaaaai~!" Nyaku waves for a while as she leaves.

Spooky Clearing is remarkably easy to find. Doubly so since the entire Realm is in a rather pleasant, late spring early summer sort of weather pattern, and the spooky clearing is still cold enough it has standing snow on the ground and trees.
    It's also remarkably dark.

"It is out of our hands," Jiao says. "With luck, the people of my home shall see the path to their peace."
    Civvy nods, agreeing entirely. "We can hope."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Near The Portal]

Stepping through the portal, Oliver Slyfield looks from side to side, checking who's there. If there's anybody who knows him here, he supposes he'll have to explain why he's here. Which would be rather awkward.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

25. - Top - End - #955

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Near The Portal]

Stepping through the portal, Oliver Slyfield looks from side to side, checking who's there. If there's anybody who knows him here, he supposes he'll have to explain why he's here. Which would be rather awkward.
    Near the Portal

Well what a crazy random happenstance! Naku is actually here to answer the portal, and welcome the newcomer!

"Oh, hello, Oliver." She says, smiling slightly at the familiar face, her tone gentle and friendly.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Near the Portal

Well what a crazy random happenstance! Naku is actually here to answer the portal, and welcome the newcomer!

"Oh, hello, Oliver." She says, smiling slightly at the familiar face, her tone gentle and friendly.
    [Near The Portal]

Saying a curse word under his breath, Oliver turns to Naku, pastes on a smile and says, "Hi Naku. How are you?" In his head, and possibly showing on his face, Oliver is praying that she doesn't ask why he's back.

27. - Top - End - #957

Default [Spooky Clearing]

"Bye~"

Anima heads off to the Spooky Clearing's snow without even a shiver. The cold doesn't bother her at all. But it is dark, so she gets a little glowing wisp of blue light out of her pack and tosses it into the air, where it bobs around near her shoulder.
    There.
    That's better.
    "Hello? Is anyone here?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #958

Default Re: [Spooky Clearing]

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Near The Portal]

Saying a curse word under his breath, Oliver turns to Naku, pastes on a smile and says, "Hi Naku. How are you?" In his head, and possibly showing on his face, Oliver is praying that she doesn't ask why he's back.
    Near the Portal

"I am quite all right, thank you for asking. And how are you? What brings you this way?" Uh oh. Looks like someone's prayers are gonna go unanswered. Though Naku asks still very friendly, her smile never wavering.

"Bye~"

Anima heads off to the Spooky Clearing's snow without even a shiver. The cold doesn't bother her at all. But it is dark, so she gets a little glowing wisp of blue light out of her pack and tosses it into the air, where it bobs around near her shoulder.
    There.
    That's better.
    "Hello? Is anyone here?"
    100% Spooks

The blue light, assuming that this is a familiar sort of thing Anima's done before, feels just a bit dimmer than usual, like the darkness itself is just . . . slightly oppressive.
    Two pinpricks of red lights are out in the darkness, the light glinting off of a pair of eyes in the shadows.
    The eyes blink once, slowly, before there's a ground-shaking *thump* of something heavy hitting the ground, and they rise, their owner apparently free of some heavy burden that was keeping them down.

Still no answer.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #959
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Civiron's Realm

Near the Portal

"I am quite all right, thank you for asking. And how are you? What brings you this way?" Uh oh. Looks like someone's prayers are gonna go unanswered. Though Naku asks still very friendly, her smile never wavering.
    [Near The Portal]

Oliver scratches the back of his neck, then says, "I'm good too. I, uh, came here because, as it turns out, the funny thing is that the general, shall we say, uh, griminess, of places like the Inside actually makes life more boring when you're not a, uh, a part of it. So, I came here because, as far as I can tell, most of this real, doesn't have that...griminess, of human nature." He looks slightly embarassed, mostly because this was the guy who was in such a hurry to leave Civiron's Realm.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-05-18 at 10:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #960

Default Re: [Spooky Clearing]

[All Spook All The Time]

The blue light, assuming that this is a familiar sort of thing Anima's done before, feels just a bit dimmer than usual, like the darkness itself is just . . . slightly oppressive.
    Two pinpricks of red lights are out in the darkness, the light glinting off of a pair of eyes in the shadows.
    The eyes blink once, slowly, before there's a ground-shaking *thump* of something heavy hitting the ground, and they rise, their owner apparently free of some heavy burden that was keeping them down.

Still no answer.
    Well, that's...not encouraging. But there definitely is something there. Even if it's just a pair of disembodied eyes.
    Anima (after wobbling through the earth-shaking), waves the blue wisp out towards the red glints. Sure, it's dim, but it's better than nothing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine