New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1371

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Grace's House]

Kray looks around, touching the molds and then back to Grace.
    "So...anything to do?" she asks simply.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Good, good," Rein says with a smile. Oh, tea's ready! He'll prepare a glass for Grace if she wants one, but otherwise just get himself one and sip. Huh. She kind of accepted quickly. Rein isn't sure he has enough follow up to last for an entire tea cup. Gotta stretch things out now. That's usually Grace's expertise.

"I'll get a room prepared for you and set aside a lab right away. And there's always the possibility of connecting portals if you want to spring for that option. Are there any equipment requests that you might have or something along those lines? I might even be able to convince Felandria to volunteer as a test subject for you." Rein would volunteer, but that might interfere with the amount of naps he gets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Grace's House]

Kray looks around, touching the molds and then back to Grace.
    "So...anything to do?" she asks simply.
    Grace's House

"Uhhh, yeah! I've got books, if you're into that, games, board games, video games, movies, the internet, I mean. I'm sure we can find something to pass the time." And with that, they pass the time for a while!
    Unless Kray has anything specific she wants to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Grace's Place]

"Good, good," Rein says with a smile. Oh, tea's ready! He'll prepare a glass for Grace if she wants one, but otherwise just get himself one and sip. Huh. She kind of accepted quickly. Rein isn't sure he has enough follow up to last for an entire tea cup. Gotta stretch things out now. That's usually Grace's expertise.

"I'll get a room prepared for you and set aside a lab right away. And there's always the possibility of connecting portals if you want to spring for that option. Are there any equipment requests that you might have or something along those lines? I might even be able to convince Felandria to volunteer as a test subject for you." Rein would volunteer, but that might interfere with the amount of naps he gets!
    Grace's Place

"Oh! Yes, thank you." Grace replies to the offer of tea. But then she waves a hand at the offer of a portal as well. "A portal won't be necessary. Thank you though. I'll figure out a work around." She pauses to sip at her tea. Though no comment as to Fel being a test subject. That could be . . . interesting.
    "So HALO is back then, is it? And you said trying to stay on the less, I suppose, combative side of things?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Kray is a very patient person, and is surprisingly willing to sit in a stranger’s house for most of a day watching movies. She’ll even loosen up a bit if Grace can pry some small talk out of her.
    Eventually though the timer will go off.
    ”So, that’s time then?”

5. - Top - End - #1235

[Grace’s House]

Kray is a very patient person, and is surprisingly willing to sit in a stranger’s house for most of a day watching movies. She’ll even loosen up a bit if Grace can pry some small talk out of her.
    Eventually though the timer will go off.
    ”So, that’s time then?”
    Grace's House

And so after 3 full movies, Grace nods a few times.
    "Yup! Feel free to bop the molds off, and let's see how they turned out!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"It never left. It was just sleeping." Like Rein. All the time. By himself in a large aquatic base surrounded by fish. It's a wonder he wasn't hungry all the time.

"But, yeah, more or less. That's the angle we'll be shooting for from now on." Pls stawp. I swear, ever since his daughter got back, Rein's been nothing but bad dad jokes. "Anyways, any combat will be avoided, handed off to another organization or handled by scoundrels like myself depending on the circumstance. Oh. If you aren't doing anything later, I could give you a tour?" Reinholdt sips his own tea. Mmm, delicious, healthy, and relaxing!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1237

[Grace's Place]

"It never left. It was just sleeping." Like Rein. All the time. By himself in a large aquatic base surrounded by fish. It's a wonder he wasn't hungry all the time.

"But, yeah, more or less. That's the angle we'll be shooting for from now on." Pls stawp. I swear, ever since his daughter got back, Rein's been nothing but bad dad jokes. "Anyways, any combat will be avoided, handed off to another organization or handled by scoundrels like myself depending on the circumstance. Oh. If you aren't doing anything later, I could give you a tour?" Reinholdt sips his own tea. Mmm, delicious, healthy, and relaxing!
    Grace's Place

Grace nods a few times, conceding the point. "Fair, fair. Though I'm not sure I'd spin it that way for recruiting more people; sleeping deep at the bottom of the ocean might have some negative connotations with Elder Evils and all."

Grace chuckles again at the jokes, likely fueling Rein, but finding them amusing all the same. "That sounds lovely. I'm not . . . not a terribly good head during combat. I'm not going to call myself a coward, but I definitely advanced towards the rear, last time I got caught in anything dangerous." Grace admits, frowning a bit, and taking a swig of her tea.
    "But yes!" She brightens instantly. "I would love a tour!"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"There's bound to be some Elder Good out there too right?" It can't all be Elder Evil! "But you make a good point." Though it comes from someone laughing at those jokes of his. Rein has to wonder if Grace is human.

He waves his hand dismissively. "I have a few personal rules when it comes to combat. First, avoid combat. Second Avoid combat. If you can't bypass or prevent it in the first place, then running away shows wisdom. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there's things worth fighting for, but it's too easy to fall into the trap of thinking if you personally are fighting at all, it's because it's worthwhile. Honestly, conflict in general is a very complicated topic." There are better philosophers than Reinholdt who have studied it in length.

Rein takes another sip of tea before putting the half-full cup on the counter and standing straight. "In that case I better go and get your room prepared. Just come by later whenever you're ready."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #1239

[Grace's Place]

"There's bound to be some Elder Good out there too right?" It can't all be Elder Evil! "But you make a good point." Though it comes from someone laughing at those jokes of his. Rein has to wonder if Grace is human.

He waves his hand dismissively. "I have a few personal rules when it comes to combat. First, avoid combat. Second Avoid combat. If you can't bypass or prevent it in the first place, then running away shows wisdom. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there's things worth fighting for, but it's too easy to fall into the trap of thinking if you personally are fighting at all, it's because it's worthwhile. Honestly, conflict in general is a very complicated topic." There are better philosophers than Reinholdt who have studied it in length.

Rein takes another sip of tea before putting the half-full cup on the counter and standing straight. "In that case I better go and get your room prepared. Just come by later whenever you're ready."
    Grace's Place's

"Fair point." Grace concedes with a nod. Just because no one ever talked about them, she had to admit, doesn't mean there aren't any Elder Goods.
    She is human! 100%!

Then she nods, listening, and refilling her tea. She stays silent for a few moments, digesting what he said, before nodding again. "Conflict is complicated. And I know I prefer avoiding it. But I'm sure there's always something worth fighting for."

Grace watches him stand, before placing her empty cup down on the counter next to her. "All right! You're welcome to stay a bit longer if you like? We could get you some actual food before you have to head back out onto the road again? I'd hate to send you away still hungry."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Kray smiles and starts working on the molds. She isn’t sure she would have been able to handle any more movies in a row. And it’s not even an insult to Grace’s taste, just a matter of patience.

11. - Top - End - #1241

[Grace’s House]

Kray smiles and starts working on the molds. She isn’t sure she would have been able to handle any more movies in a row. And it’s not even an insult to Grace’s taste, just a matter of patience.
    Grace's House

Grace nods a few times, and watches excitedly, offering her hands to take the molds once they're removed.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Kray manages to pry off the molds with some difficulty, but gives a great sigh of relief as she feels them now in a much more familiar shape.
    "Well I don't suppose you have a mirror I could borrow, would you?"

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein considers the offer for a moment before nodding. "You know, sure. I'm not in any rush if you aren't busy yourself. I'm too late to check out the spooky mansion. I plan on going there next year for sure though." Spooky mansions have to be explored and/or looted.

"So we can spend an evening together if you'd like." Grace was pretty much the only person on his recruitment list that he immediately knew of. Everyone else he's going to have to research into.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2018-12-24 at 01:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1244

[Grace's House]

Kray manages to pry off the molds with some difficulty, but gives a great sigh of relief as she feels them now in a much more familiar shape.
    "Well I don't suppose you have a mirror I could borrow, would you?"
    Grace's House

Grace is busy staring at the horns to even process Kray's request for a moment.
    "Oh! Yeah. Yeah. I do. O-of course." Grace just quickly unlocks her phone, turns on the selfie-cam, and offers it to Kray.

[Grace's Place]

Rein considers the offer for a moment before nodding. "You know, sure. I'm not in any rush if you aren't busy yourself. I'm too late to check out the spooky mansion. I plan on going there next year for sure though." Spooky mansions have to be explored and/or looted.

"So we can spend an evening together if you'd like." Grace was pretty much the only person on his recruitment list that he immediately knew of. Everyone else he's going to have to research into.
    Grace's Place

"Yeah, of course! I've nothing going on tonight.
    More tea then?"
    She asks, hopping off of the counter. "A bit too late, or, perhaps, a touch too early. I don't believe the mansion is done being put up just yet. More of a . . . spooky proto-mansion, if you will."

"That would be lovely! Can I get you anything to eat?" Gosh, Grace, just after offering tea?!
    "Who else do you have planned to go ask? Anyone I may know?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Sure." Rein agrees to more tea by turning and pouring some himself. He was right there and all. But now he has a glass and can move out of the kitchen to more suitable long term locations. Which he'll start to do.

"So... Just a House of Jumpscares at this point?" That doesn't sound Spooky at all! Ah well. In the future then. "Anything will be fine, thank you. Though I am partial to fish for completely non-stereotypical racist reasons." Reinholdt insists. He's wrong, but he insists all the same.

He shakes his head at this point though. "I unfortunately don't have anyone else in mind yet. It may surprise you, but I'm not actually that big in the academic fields. I need to research who else might be a good candidate. Hmm... Maybe that person from Erin's? There was an alchemist there who helped me long ago. I'll have to see if Erin's is actually getting any traffic and if that person might be interested. I... Think her name was Dorothy?" Something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Well, Kray could have done that. Whatever. She eyes her face in the phone. Fine. Good, even. She looks perfectly fine again. What a relief.
    ”Thank you. They look great. You...think so too?” Kray can’t help but notice that Grace seems to be staring. Odd; she hasn’t met any humans interested in horns.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Entrance

It's actually quite difficult to get a read of Naku, just looking at her.
    At least right now, anyway. Since she's all up in a long kimono. Her hands, though, have enough of a collection of very pale, nearly entirely faded scars to betray quite a history of violence.
    "I am afraid that, really, for now about all I can manage is just who are you. I am sure I will think of more questions for you as we go, however. Do you, perchance, have any questions of me?"
    Entrance

After what feels like a very long time of studying the vampire from head to toe, the Chief of Station manages to come up with a few questions. Through nonchalant tone of voice and body language that suggests he might fall asleep at any moment he contrives to seem as if he's only asking them out of amicable curiosity. And not, say, because knowing her answers to them is important to his job. That's spies for you. Always making things more complicated than they need to be.

"Hmmm... well, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come from? Did you know the Lady Civiron very long before she asked you to be her Champion? I feel rather embarrassed to admit that most of Vulpania knows nothing about you. I'm not sure if that's because you value your privacy or if we've been terribly rude and neglectful. I don't even know what you do for the Goddess as a Champion. Is it more acts of violence or of charity?"
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #1248

[Grace's Place]

"Sure." Rein agrees to more tea by turning and pouring some himself. He was right there and all. But now he has a glass and can move out of the kitchen to more suitable long term locations. Which he'll start to do.

"So... Just a House of Jumpscares at this point?" That doesn't sound Spooky at all! Ah well. In the future then. "Anything will be fine, thank you. Though I am partial to fish for completely non-stereotypical racist reasons." Reinholdt insists. He's wrong, but he insists all the same.

He shakes his head at this point though. "I unfortunately don't have anyone else in mind yet. It may surprise you, but I'm not actually that big in the academic fields. I need to research who else might be a good candidate. Hmm... Maybe that person from Erin's? There was an alchemist there who helped me long ago. I'll have to see if Erin's is actually getting any traffic and if that person might be interested. I... Think her name was Dorothy?" Something like that.
    Grace's Place

Grace follows along behind, sipping slowly at some tea of her own. She remains quiet as to where Rein decides to wander, and assumes he's just exploring and looking out at the place. She figures he's curious, and all!
    Her house is very nice! It's no mansion, but it is spacious, clean, well lit, decorated with enough furnishings to be an established home, but not so many to be overdone. Paintings of various nature scenes on the walls, a couch that, while not abused, has been used and loved for a while, a bit of dust pileup in the corners. Some what could only be animal hairs scattered about, brushed into corners and edges of the room by movement, though no sign of whatever left them. The hairs are also pink.
    Hm.
    "It's a spooky one, from what I hear." Grace agrees as they enter the spacious room, obviously designed to be the main area people hang out. A large TV, various game systems, all with a large U shape sectional encircling it for maximum comfort. "Fish for non-stereotypical racist reasons it is, then! I know a few decent recipes."

Then Grace purses her lips, and frowns slightly. "That does surprise me." Hmm. "Yeah! I think she came through here a while back. She seemed a good sort. I liked her. Good choice.
    You might also look into asking after . . . Ash, I think her name is. Kin will not shut up about her, and she's apparently some sort of scholar. Mage. Something."

Also if I forgot to link it, her house is quite nice!

[Grace’s House]

Well, Kray could have done that. Whatever. She eyes her face in the phone. Fine. Good, even. She looks perfectly fine again. What a relief.
    ”Thank you. They look great. You...think so too?” Kray can’t help but notice that Grace seems to be staring. Odd; she hasn’t met any humans interested in horns.
    Grace's House

"I think they look very good! You made a very good choice!
    Though they do seem a tad . . . shinier than I recall."
    Grace frowns in thought, trying to recall.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Entrance

After what feels like a very long time of studying the vampire from head to toe, the Chief of Station manages to come up with a few questions. Through nonchalant tone of voice and body language that suggests he might fall asleep at any moment he contrives to seem as if he's only asking them out of amicable curiosity. And not, say, because knowing her answers to them is important to his job. That's spies for you. Always making things more complicated than they need to be.

"Hmmm... well, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come from? Did you know the Lady Civiron very long before she asked you to be her Champion? I feel rather embarrassed to admit that most of Vulpania knows nothing about you. I'm not sure if that's because you value your privacy or if we've been terribly rude and neglectful. I don't even know what you do for the Goddess as a Champion. Is it more acts of violence or of charity?"
    Entrance

Naku is not unused to people taking a while to examine her, and bears the looks with patience. "I do not know." She answers, entirely honestly. "Not to be flippant towards your inquiry, but I have never seen, heard anything about, nor know anything relating to the place where I was born.
    I know very little in regards to where I was raised, either. The name of the city was Tindleburg. My home is dead; and precious little knowledge survived. Those that did remember were far more concerned with the day to day survival, and ensuring that we did not perish from a lack of food, or being hunted down.
    Then I found myself in the Dancing Fox Inn, and from there, my lady found me. Now I am here."
    Naku clears her throat quietly, the effort of speaking this much was not something she was used to.
    "Do not doubt your own services, good sir. There is precious little of me to know." And then she pauses again, before addressing the second question.
    "I have found that there are times when violence can be an act of charity." She says this somewhat evasively. Refusing to make eye contact, and there's a very, very subtle shift in her weight from one side to the other.
    Last edited by Mee; 2019-01-14 at 01:59 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Kray frowns. ”Shiny?”
    Kray checks her reflection just in case. Logically the texture of her horns might have changed, her natural horns being smooth and Rassa’s being ridged, but she obviously hasn’t had time to use any polish.

20. - Top - End - #1250

[Grace’s House]

Kray frowns. ”Shiny?”
    Kray checks her reflection just in case. Logically the texture of her horns might have changed, her natural horns being smooth and Rassa’s being ridged, but she obviously hasn’t had time to use any polish.
    Grace just shakes her head a few times.
    "Just . . . Give them a polish at some point.

Anyway, that's it! You have the second potion, you're free to down it whenever, though it's effects will only be noticable in that . . . Well, nothing changes from where you are.

Thank you for swinging by!"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein just figured extended stays are not best accomplished in the kitchen. And if food was involved he should sit at a table. A couch might suffice though.

He is surprised she's surprised though! Huh. Did he give off an aura unintentionally? That's ok. "Ash, huh? Did she have a ghost roommate?" Reinholdt might have met her once, but it was a while ago and only once.

After looking over the tv and deciding it would be a waste not to use, the fey turns to Grace. "Normally when I ask beautiful women to the movies, I take them to a theatre, but did you want to watch something while we eat? I can get it set up if you'd like while you prepare the food."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

”Oh, well, it’s been a few hours so I might as well drink it now so you can recycle the bottle.” Kray doesn’t like wasting things. If Grace doesn’t say anything to the contrary she’ll down the other potion and lay the bottle on the table. Theoretically it shouldn’t do anything visibly.

23. - Top - End - #1253

[Grace's Place]

Rein just figured extended stays are not best accomplished in the kitchen. And if food was involved he should sit at a table. A couch might suffice though.

He is surprised she's surprised though! Huh. Did he give off an aura unintentionally? That's ok. "Ash, huh? Did she have a ghost roommate?" Reinholdt might have met her once, but it was a while ago and only once.

After looking over the tv and deciding it would be a waste not to use, the fey turns to Grace. "Normally when I ask beautiful women to the movies, I take them to a theatre, but did you want to watch something while we eat? I can get it set up if you'd like while you prepare the food."
    Grace's Place

"No idea!" Grace admits, regarding the ghost roommate. She does kind of stay behind in the kitchen though to start pulling out supplies and things to make some d e l i s h f i s h for them.
    "Oh, that sounds lovely! If you would like to pick something and get it set up, the remotes are all in the little basket next to the TV. Movies are . . . scattered around in the shelves. No real order. I always meant to tidy them up."

[Grace’s House]

”Oh, well, it’s been a few hours so I might as well drink it now so you can recycle the bottle.” Kray doesn’t like wasting things. If Grace doesn’t say anything to the contrary she’ll down the other potion and lay the bottle on the table. Theoretically it shouldn’t do anything visibly.
    "Yeah, absolutely. I can do that." And nothing is exactly what happens! Success! "Yup! That's about it then, I think?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Kray smiles and thanks the alchemist. As Grace didn’t ask for pay, that’s the end of that. Grace will be left to her own devices and other visitors.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Alright." Rein glances at the basket of remotes. So many! How to even start? Well, movie pick first he supposes. He'll eventually find and pull out The Princess Bride.

After which, while Grace cooks, Rein starts organizing all the movies. He'd do it by genre, but he honestly doesn't know most of the things Grace has available. What even is Goo Girls Gone Goofy? Alphabetical order it is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1256

[Grace's Place]

"Alright." Rein glances at the basket of remotes. So many! How to even start? Well, movie pick first he supposes. He'll eventually find and pull out The Princess Bride.

After which, while Grace cooks, Rein starts organizing all the movies. He'd do it by genre, but he honestly doesn't know most of the things Grace has available. What even is Goo Girls Gone Goofy? Alphabetical order it is.
    Grace's Place

"A'ight, now it needs to sit for a few, and I ca-" Grace comes out of the kitchen a good twenty minutes later, brushing her hands on her leggings, before she stops, and looks up.
    Her movies!
    Her careful ordering system!
    She blinks a few times, speechless.

She pulls herself together quickly though, in what seems to be a practiced move, and nods a few times. Change is good for the soul. Keeps things fresh!
    "Thank you for ordering my movies!" She says, honestly without a trace of sarcasm. After all; has anything truly bad happened? Not at all. Life is still good.
    "What did you decide on for tonight?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Careful ordering system? Grace said there was no ordering system! She should have warned him there was a secret ordering system. That's Rein's problem. He hasn't joined the FreeMasons yet. They could teach him the secret order.

Reinholdt gives a small nod and holds up the movie of choice. "It's hard not to like the original Dread Pirates. Unless you want something more heavily focused. What is your favorite genre anyways?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1258

[Grace's Place]

Careful ordering system? Grace said there was no ordering system! She should have warned him there was a secret ordering system. That's Rein's problem. He hasn't joined the FreeMasons yet. They could teach him the secret order.

Reinholdt gives a small nod and holds up the movie of choice. "It's hard not to like the original Dread Pirates. Unless you want something more heavily focused. What is your favorite genre anyways?"
    Grace's Place

"Eyyyyy. What a wonderful pick! I love this movie!" She offers him a hand, offering to take the movie to get the complicated system of machines working so that the movie can be displayed in full glorious Big Screen with Many Loud Noise speakers. "Favorite genre? Hmm." She pauses a moment, frowning, and looking down, her weight idly shifting to one side, her hips tilting as she adjusts into a more thinking pose.
    "I like more lighthearted movies. It's not strictly a genre, if you will, but light, fun, happy movies. Like The Princess Bride. Those are my usual go to.
    Or Slice of Life anime. They're the best."
    She nods once, with finality.

Before, presumably, being offered the movie and getting it all set up, and flopping heavily down onto the couch next to Rein.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein smiles warmly at picking out a good movie. His eyes briefly watch the way Grace's hips shift and tilt, but return to hers just as quickly. Grace is free to take the movie and set it up. Rein thought about trying, but when he ends up trying himself he usually just ends up pushing all the buttons and messing things up. He doesn't even know how he ended up in some of those menus. At least he understood Russian...

So yeah, Grace gets free reign to set things up. It takes a bit of effort to not slide right into Grace when the couch gets flopped on though. "Slice of Life anime? Is that like... another term for Murder Mystery or something?" One can only imagine if you're slicing someone's life up, they don't get to live through it most of the time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1260

[Grace's Place]

Rein smiles warmly at picking out a good movie. His eyes briefly watch the way Grace's hips shift and tilt, but return to hers just as quickly. Grace is free to take the movie and set it up. Rein thought about trying, but when he ends up trying himself he usually just ends up pushing all the buttons and messing things up. He doesn't even know how he ended up in some of those menus. At least he understood Russian...

So yeah, Grace gets free reign to set things up. It takes a bit of effort to not slide right into Grace when the couch gets flopped on though. "Slice of Life anime? Is that like... another term for Murder Mystery or something?" One can only imagine if you're slicing someone's life up, they don't get to live through it most of the time.
    Grace's Place

Understanding Russian is a step better than Grace had managed, the first time she had accidentally sat on and shorted out a remote and it had set the systems all kattywampus. It had taken her a good week to make it go back to just a language she could understand.

Grace laughs again, her easy, genuine, happy sort of laugh that just makes people hearing it happy. "Oh no, nono. Slicing Life, in this case is less literal, and more . . . well, imagine life was like a cake. So you take a slice of that cake, and look at it, ingest it, and enjoy it. It's more following people around through their normal daily life, usually when wacky hijinks are going on to make it more enjoyable to the viewer. Just taking the main character's life and just . . . enjoying a slice of it."
    She shrugs slightly, heavily debating leaning over slightly to rest her head on his shoulder for the movie.
    She decides not to though, just in case. That might be far too forwards, even if it does look very comfortable.
    Show