New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gurgling Creek

Nick sits up on his haunches so he can pose proudly. "That's right! I'm a river dragon and I have the ball to prove it!" he declares, pushing a button on his Pip-Drake to summon his dragon orb, a large blue pearl that he immediately begins rolling in his paws. "My name's Nick. My big brother is also Nick only he's a griffin. The best griffin. Who're you?"
    Gurgly McCreek It's hiiiigh bubblebubble

He's so cute sitting up like that Civvy's hands kind of twitch ever so slightly, really wanting to just hug the adorable little dragon. But she doesn't.
    "I was not doubting you at all! Is a lovely ball though." Civvy comments with an honest nod, wholeheartedly approving. "Your brother's a griffin?

I'm Civvy. I'm the goddess of hope. This is my realm you're in."

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Skies near Portal

The air is gorgeous out at the moment. Just the right amount of clouds in the sky. Just the right shade of blue. The glow of the portal complimenting the light of the sun just right. Truly, it was a wonderful sight.

Which means a ship just had to come screaming through the portal. Because of course it had to.

The ship was a little odd looking. It was clearly some kind of space ship, instead of a water, land, or air ship. Thrusters in the back, cockpit on top. What could be blasters mounted on the front.

However...you might expect a space ship to be a mix of sharp angles, sleek curves, and smooth edges. Something that looks like it slices right through any atmosphere. This one...not so much. Looks like it could have been made out of children's wooden blocks. Complete with the out of place bright colors.

Oh, the ship was also pouring out smoke. Probably got shot at.

The ship streaks through the air, leaning to one side. The smoke follows, showing everybody below where it's been.

It ends up near a creek, actually managing to land instead of crash. Always a bonus.
    Also Creek

And then a ship crashes nearby. Civvy looks at it and blinks a few times.
    That. . .
    well that was new.
    "That's not a good sound." She comments, standing up and looking after where the ship 'landed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Naku's Clearing

... I have a confession to make. The reason of how I came here is that he told me how to. In our last meeting, he was leaning against a signpost. He was holding this- the strange man held up a letter -and told me four short words: "You can end this". I cried and asked how.

The strange man's voice shifts.

Give this note to the princess of hope, and I will let you really run. Run as far away from me as you can, and I will not follow.

You may not trust me, I understand that. But I need you to give this to her. I need to stop running away from The Dark One.
    Naku's Clearing

"Well there you go then. If you stay here, he can't enter this realm. Because he promised. Though if 'princess of hope' were his exact words, he likely meant me, more than Civvy. Civvy's not a princess, whereas I am. She's the goddess of hope, and I'm one of her two champions, thus putting 'of hope' at the end of my title. Therefor, I am the princess of hope. My letter please." Naku says, holding one hand out to take the letter from the man.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-05-24 at 09:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurgling Stream

Nick nods.
    "The best griffin. " Nick flips his Pip-Drake to Notes and displays a school meeting photo of himself being hugged by a large black griffin Civvy might recognize if she went to the Inside Parade a few days ago, plus a human man with a dragon on his shoulders and smiling while struggling to hold up a large baby Kangaskhan. "That's me and Nick and Mister Jace and Mister Zebes and Khannie. She's my best friend.
    She's really good at punching things."
    he says matter-of-factly.
    "Whuzzat?" he asks of the ship.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gurgling Stream

Well, the noise of the ship has definitely died down. Whomever own it probably turned it off. Don't wanna run the risk of it exploding, right?

However, now the flying noises have been replaced by frustrated words as the cockpit opens up. Out jumps a fairly human looking young woman. She's wearing a long sleeve shirt, khakis, and hiking shoes. Her hair is a medium brown and falls well past her shoulders.

She walks around to where the smoke is coming from, examining the damage.

Darn it! Stupid Nobodies! Overloaded my shields and hit a stabilizer. Razzle frazzle... The woman continues grumbling as she walks to the back of the ship, opens a compartment, and starts rummaging around a bit.

Civvy and Nick might notice that her skin is kinda pale for a human. Like she spends most of her time in the dark. They might also notice that her eyes are red. And that she has fangs.

She doesn't seem to have noticed them yet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #184

NinjaGuy

[Portal Skies]

A day after she first came in and spoke to Grant, Kendra returns. This time, the hood of her cloak is down when she rockets through the portal, a serious expression on her face. She heads straight for the castle, picking up speed and altitude once she's clear of the portal, and lands close to the castle, looking around for Grant.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Town

"Well. I mean. Then yeah, yeah I suppose you're right." Grace has to admit with another shrug. She hadn't really thought of it that way before. "Mostly I just do video game things. Lot of just playing silly games.
    And no, you probably shouldn't know this Walter guy. That's probably for the best, I think."

"Haven't heard of one out there. But I mean. Maybe. Civvy works in mysterious ways. This is the realm of hope, and where some people go when they die." Then he has to shake his head. "Foolishness of youth. Of course not all religions go to the same place. If they did, do you know how crowded that would be? This little town would be waaaaay bigger, and more like a city."
    [Town]

"That sounds like a true dream job, being paid for playing and having fun. I know pretty little about video games, but I think I can imagine it." No, Strawberry can't, really. "Or is there anything special to it? Like, needing some pretty specific skills or something?"
    "Oh, well, if you say so." Now she imagines some huge, scary drug lord in the Nexus who rules over an entire city with an iron fist. One of the big shots of Skyside, maybe?

Strawberry frowns. "Civvy? Short form of Civiron? Does she write her letters in pink text, by chance?" So now she's in the realm of the very goddess in whose name a fake leter from HALO was sent to her? This most cenrtainly can't be a coincidence. Her face brightens up again. "Oh thank you, but I'm not that young anymore. I turned 108 recently." Although she only looks like a human would in her mid-50s. Maybe your perception of age goes a bit off the norm when you've been after-alive for possibly centuries. "But you're probably right, that really would need a lot of space. Sorry. But... couldn't that mean we're... or at least I'm still alive?"
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-05-24 at 11:46 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Portal Skies]

A day after she first came in and spoke to Grant, Kendra returns. This time, the hood of her cloak is down when she rockets through the portal, a serious expression on her face. She heads straight for the castle, picking up speed and altitude once she's clear of the portal, and lands close to the castle, looking around for Grant.
    On the castle battlements are men, heavily clad in powered armor with strange looking firearms. Grant wanders out to meet Kendra and waves her over to him.

What's up?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's Clearing

Dear Champion,

The specifics that I will go into in this letter may not be the best suited for your "goddess", which is why I ordered Arnold, the crazed man I've been chasing for forty years, to give this letter to one of the champions.

Now, here I sit upon my tower with nine innocent men and women before me. One of them is actually a nine year old girl. She's crying right now, quite annoying, and while you and those around you may no longer fear death, these people do. They have families who will miss them, and I will relish in their despair. Don't fault me for this, it is simply who I am. Now, in exchange for their lives I would met with you champion. Alone.

My tower is here: (Insert tower location here), and this is the way you will come.

1) You will bring no weapons

2) You will arrive in no vehicles

3) You will leave with the clothes you are now wearing

4) and you will leave today.

failure to comply with any of the afore mentioned requirements will result in the nine hostages immediate deaths. They will be on your head, and i will whisper to the shadows that the vassal of hope murdered their loves.

Awaiting in great pleasure,

Nimnarath
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

8. - Top - End - #188

Gurgling Stream

Nick nods.
    "The best griffin. " Nick flips his Pip-Drake to Notes and displays a school meeting photo of himself being hugged by a large black griffin Civvy might recognize if she went to the Inside Parade a few days ago, plus a human man with a dragon on his shoulders and smiling while struggling to hold up a large baby Kangaskhan. "That's me and Nick and Mister Jace and Mister Zebes and Khannie. She's my best friend.
    She's really good at punching things."
    he says matter-of-factly.
    "Whuzzat?" he asks of the ship.
    Gurgling Stream

"Best griffin." Civvy agrees, nodding in agreement. "Also all of your friends are really cute tooooooo."
    EVERYONE'S SO CUTE AAAAA.
    "Iunno what it is!" She admits, cheerfully.

Gurgling Stream

Well, the noise of the ship has definitely died down. Whomever own it probably turned it off. Don't wanna run the risk of it exploding, right?

However, now the flying noises have been replaced by frustrated words as the cockpit opens up. Out jumps a fairly human looking young woman. She's wearing a long sleeve shirt, khakis, and hiking shoes. Her hair is a medium brown and falls well past her shoulders.

She walks around to where the smoke is coming from, examining the damage.

Darn it! Stupid Nobodies! Overloaded my shields and hit a stabilizer. Razzle frazzle... The woman continues grumbling as she walks to the back of the ship, opens a compartment, and starts rummaging around a bit.

Civvy and Nick might notice that her skin is kinda pale for a human. Like she spends most of her time in the dark. They might also notice that her eyes are red. And that she has fangs.

She doesn't seem to have noticed them yet.
    Gurgling Stream

Oh man. Maybe what the pony said earlier is true! Maybe Civvy is queen of the vampires!

"H-hello?" Civvy calls over to the presumably-vampire-but-Civvy-isn't-going-to-make-stereotyping-calls-based-on-appearances. "Are-are you okay?"
    Civvy, just in case it hasn't been stated recently, does appear human. With bright pink hair, pink irises, a fairly pale complexion, and is just wearing a loose t shirt and some sweatpants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Town]

"That sounds like a true dream job, being paid for playing and having fun. I know pretty little about video games, but I think I can imagine it." No, Strawberry can't, really. "Or is there anything special to it? Like, needing some pretty specific skills or something?"
    "Oh, well, if you say so." Now she imagines some huge, scary drug lord in the Nexus who rules over an entire city with an iron fist. One of the big shots of Skyside, maybe?

Strawberry frowns. "Civvy? Short form of Civiron? Does she write her letters in pink text, by chance?" So now she's in the realm of the very goddess in whose name a fake leter from HALO was sent to her? This most cenrtainly can't be a coincidence. Her face brightens up again. "Oh thank you, but I'm not that young anymore. I turned 108 recently." Although she only looks like a human would in her mid-50s. Maybe your perception of age goes a bit off the norm when you've been after-alive for possibly centuries. "But you're probably right, that really would need a lot of space. Sorry. But... couldn't that mean we're... or at least I'm still alive?"
    Town

"Umm. Well. You need to be able to talk to yourself pretty well. And then there's editing. And writing good descriptions and things. And keeping a conversation going with yourself. So it's not exaaaactly easy, but it's not the worst, either."

"Thaaaat would definitely be her. Bah! Only 108! You're still young! I've eaten twinkies older than you! And they were still good!
    I suppose you might still be alive. You anyway. I don't know about your friend there." He looks up from Strawberry to Grace. "Doesn't exactly have a heartbeat." Grace just looks at him somewhat flatly.

Naku's Clearing

Dear Champion,

The specifics that I will go into in this letter may not be the best suited for your "goddess", which is why I ordered Arnold, the crazed man I've been chasing for forty years, to give this letter to one of the champions.

Now, here I sit upon my tower with nine innocent men and women before me. One of them is actually a nine year old girl. She's crying right now, quite annoying, and while you and those around you may no longer fear death, these people do. They have families who will miss them, and I will relish in their despair. Don't fault me for this, it is simply who I am. Now, in exchange for their lives I would met with you champion. Alone.

My tower is here: (Insert tower location here), and this is the way you will come.

1) You will bring no weapons

2) You will arrive in no vehicles

3) You will leave with the clothes you are now wearing

4) and you will leave today.

failure to comply with any of the afore mentioned requirements will result in the nine hostages immediate deaths. They will be on your head, and i will whisper to the shadows that the vassal of hope murdered their loves.

Awaiting in great pleasure,

Nimnarath
    Naku's Clearing, Later

"Huh. Well all right then." Naku says, taking off her gloves, and brushing her hands against her jeans to knock the few remaining wood chips off of. "Enjoy your tea.
    I'll be back in a few."
    Looks like she's just ready to go right now, unless Arnold wishes to stop her.
    Before she goes, though, she does unbelt her katana, and lies it atop the logs she had carried over. "Don't touch that while I'm gone."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurgling Stream

Nick doesn't know how to respond to the vampire so he just gravitates towards the nearest Responsible Adult, curling around Civvy's leg while eyeing the newomer.

10. - Top - End - #190

Gurgle Gurgle

Huh?

*THUD*

Ow!

Clearly, the woman was not expecting there to be people around. So, she was surprised to hear a voice. Which made her bump her head in the compartment she was searching.

She slowly back out and turns around to face Civvy and Nick, a hand on her head where she bumped it.

Ow...Oh! Hi! She gives a wide grin and waves energetically at the pair before her. Sorry, didn't know you guys were here. My name's Alysha. Nice to meet you.

Then, suddenly, her eyes go wide and a look of shock appears.

Oh no! I didn't hurt anybody when I landed, did I?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #191

NinjaGuy

[Portal Skies -> Castle]

"Our target has moved to an area that's largely isolated. He's doing something at a natural hot spring that hasn't been developed, I'm not entirely sure what, but he seemed fairly preoccupied, so this is probably a good chance to ambush him, if we can. Are you able to get away, or did I catch you at a bad time?" Kendra seems calm as she explains the situation, though she does glance at the men on the walls.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

((Arnold won't stop you, and won't touch the sword for that matter. In all likelihood, he'll probably curl up in a ball and cry himself to sleep. Now the rest of this post is under the assumption that Naku went strait to the Tower. If she didn't do this, ignore this post. If not...))

Somewhere in Darkness / The Tower

On the horizon of the storm ridden sky, Naku can see a large obelisk that appears to be made of what appears to be solidified shadows. As she gets closer, the immense scale starts to dawn on her as this skyscraper truly scrapes the sky. There is no door, only a parting of shadows revealing what appears to be a never ending staircase made of cobblestone.

When Naku makes it to the top (Takes about ten minutes), she sees a man who looks like this with four people to his left and right bound in what appears to be a writhing mass of shadows, and holding a crying child (also bound) by the neck in his left hand.

Spoiler: What He Looks Like
    Show

Sorry the boss couldn't show up, he's busy at the moment, but you get me! Greetings, Naku isn't it? My name is Harold Philips, high priest of the lord of shadow and despair: Nimnarath. Now, before we get started let's show off some compassion that my liege can give.

After this sentence, Harold flicks his free wrist and the shadows on the eight men and women unbind, and they flee in terror down the stairs. The crying girl is still there in his hands though.

I would appreciate it that when we talk business, you will keep a moderate amount of distance between us. Does that sound fair?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Portal Skies -> Castle]

"Our target has moved to an area that's largely isolated. He's doing something at a natural hot spring that hasn't been developed, I'm not entirely sure what, but he seemed fairly preoccupied, so this is probably a good chance to ambush him, if we can. Are you able to get away, or did I catch you at a bad time?" Kendra seems calm as she explains the situation, though she does glance at the men on the walls.
    I'm free. Just need to dumpster this guy. Let's get on with it.

Grant said as he pulled what looked to be a weapon that was half chainsaw, half sword out of a chest.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

"Umm. Well. You need to be able to talk to yourself pretty well. And then there's editing. And writing good descriptions and things. And keeping a conversation going with yourself. So it's not exaaaactly easy, but it's not the worst, either."

"Thaaaat would definitely be her. Bah! Only 108! You're still young! I've eaten twinkies older than you! And they were still good!
    I suppose you might still be alive. You anyway. I don't know about your friend there." He looks up from Strawberry to Grace. "Doesn't exactly have a heartbeat." Grace just looks at him somewhat flatly.
    [Haven't had a joke tag in qute a while, have we?]

"Oh. Yeah, I really don't know much about such things. But it's still fun, right? At least more fun than mind-numbing physical labour every day. You can follow your dreams, I'm happy for you." Strawberry would smile at Grace, if her head wasn't turned away from her. "So, what kind of games do you play, if I may ask?" Whatever titles Grace answers now, Strawberry probably won't know them, since she's got the video game knowledge of your typical 108-year old. She just wants to keep the conversation going.

No, this can't be a coincidence. You don't just get sent to a goddess' underwater base with a faker letter and then get teleported into the very same goddess' Realm by pure bad luck. Strawberry is not sure of the old man is dad-joking again or completely serious about her age, the twinkie, or Grace's heart. No he's definitely joking, why would an ordinary guy be able to feel heartbeats from the distance? "Don't worry, I've got enough heartbeat for the both of us." She laughs a little. Indeed, the man might be able to feel that Strawberry has two hearts, one in the top of her chest and one below where her hips would be if she had any. "Now, you mentioned a portal, didn't you? Which leads back to the mortal world? Where is it, if I may ask?"
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-05-25 at 11:40 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

15. - Top - End - #195

Gurgling Stream

Nick doesn't know how to respond to the vampire so he just gravitates towards the nearest Responsible Adult, curling around Civvy's leg while eyeing the newomer.
    Gurglgurglgurlg

I wouldn't describe Civvy as a Responsible Adult at all, but I suppose in the situation . . .

Gurgle Gurgle

Huh?

*THUD*

Ow!

Clearly, the woman was not expecting there to be people around. So, she was surprised to hear a voice. Which made her bump her head in the compartment she was searching.

She slowly back out and turns around to face Civvy and Nick, a hand on her head where she bumped it.

Ow...Oh! Hi! She gives a wide grin and waves energetically at the pair before her. Sorry, didn't know you guys were here. My name's Alysha. Nice to meet you.

Then, suddenly, her eyes go wide and a look of shock appears.

Oh no! I didn't hurt anybody when I landed, did I?
    Creeky

"Oh no I'm sorry are you okay?" Civvy asks upon hearing the 'bonk' of head hitting painful thing. "N-no. You didn't hurt anyone. Everyone is okay. Alysha? I'm Civvy. It's nice to meet you!"

((Arnold won't stop you, and won't touch the sword for that matter. In all likelihood, he'll probably curl up in a ball and cry himself to sleep. Now the rest of this post is under the assumption that Naku went strait to the Tower. If she didn't do this, ignore this post. If not...))

On the horizon of the storm ridden sky, Naku can see a large obelisk that appears to be made of what appears to be solidified shadows. As she gets closer, the immense scale starts to dawn on her as this skyscraper truly scrapes the sky. There is no door, only a parting of shadows revealing what appears to be a never ending staircase made of cobblestone.

When Naku makes it to the top (Takes about ten minutes), she sees a man who looks like this with four people to his left and right bound in what appears to be a writhing mass of shadows, and holding a crying child (also bound) by the neck in his left hand.

Spoiler: What He Looks Like
    Show

Sorry the boss couldn't show up, he's busy at the moment, but you get me! Greetings, Naku isn't it? My name is Harold Philips, high priest of the lord of shadow and despair: Nimnarath. Now, before we get started let's show off some compassion that my liege can give.

After this sentence, Harold flicks his free wrist and the shadows on the eight men and women unbind, and they flee in terror down the stairs. The crying girl is still there in his hands though.

I would appreciate it that when we talk business, you will keep a moderate amount of distance between us. Does that sound fair?
    The Tower

Not sure exactly where the tower is, but it is definitely outside of Civvy's realm. But we can keep this here for now.

"Mmmmmmno." Naku says, crossing her arms and frowning at Harold after the 8 people are freed. "No I don't think so. The distance is fine: I don't care. But I was sent a letter. It was directly sent to me, from your boss. He said he wanted to speak to me. Not you. I'll wait."

[Haven't had a joke tag in qute a while, have we?]

"Oh. Yeah, I really don't know much about such things. But it's still fun, right? At least more fun than mind-numbing physical labour every day. You can follow your dreams, I'm happy for you." Strawberry would smile at Grace, if her head wasn't turned away from her. "So, what kind of games do you play, if I may ask?" Whatever titles Grace answers now, Strawberry probably won't know them, since she's got the video game knowledge of your typical 108-year old. She just wants to keep the conversation going.

No, this can't be a coincidence. You don't just get sent to a goddess' underwater base with a faker letter and then get teleported into the very same goddess' Realm by pure bad luck. Strawberry is not sure of the old man is dad-joking again or completely serious about her age, the twinkie, or Grace's heart. No he's definitely joking, why would an ordinary guy be able to feel heartbeats from the distance? "Don't worry, I've got enough heartbeat for the both of us." She laughs a little. Indeed, the man might be able to feel that Strawberry has two hearts, one in the top of her chest and one below where her hips would be if she had any. "Now, you mentioned a portal, didn't you? Which leads back to the mortal world? Where is it, if I may ask?"

Troof

"Oh yeah. It's still definitely fun. And faaar better than backbreaking work, absolutely. Iiii play most anything I can get my hands on. Lately has been this underwater base building game, because I don't get along with the water,
    so it's been . . . interesting."

Well. If Strawberry were to focus for herself, with her heightened senses and all, Grace absolutely does not have a heartbeat. "Oh, it's back out down the main road, that direction." He says, waving a hand off to the road leading westwards.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-05-26 at 12:11 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurgling Creek

"I'm Nick. You're fine." Nick tells Alysha. If Civvy were his brother he'd have slithered onto her head for a better look but human-shaped people aren't good for that. "You're ship is nice. " he tells the vampire girl. "And before we forget I wanna meet your pink dragons later." he whispers to Civvy.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Troof

"Oh yeah. It's still definitely fun. And faaar better than backbreaking work, absolutely. Iiii play most anything I can get my hands on. Lately has been this underwater base building game, because I don't get along with the water,
    so it's been . . . interesting."

Well. If Strawberry were to focus for herself, with her heightened senses and all, Grace absolutely does not have a heartbeat. "Oh, it's back out down the main road, that direction." He says, waving a hand off to the road leading westwards.
    [we'll put that in the dictionary]

Strawberry is feeling bold enough for some more personal questions. "What? Why is that? Didn't you learn how to swim, or are you just afraid of the water itself? But building a base underwater already sounds interesting all by itself, really."

Her senses might be enhanced, but not to a level where she could hear a heartbeat from one meter away. At least not in air, with numerous other noises all around. Also, Strawberry is not really sure how to feel about still being alive. Anyway, "Thank you very much for the info, you greatly helped us. Well then, I think we might lea..." She stops, taking a look back at Grace. "I mean. If you don't have any more questions, of course."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

((I did mention earlier that this was in Outside))

I don't think you unders-

That's alright Harold. a voice interrupts.

Spoiler: What Whatever THIS Thing Looks Like
    Show

Harold immediately bows his head. A creature detaches itself from a shadow in the floor, and it inclines its "head"to you. Greetings. My associate here is very protective. I will treat with you. You must be tired from the stairs, here sit down.

If you look behind yourself, a comfortable looking wicker chair has appeared behind you. Nimnarath sits in a similar one. Harold brings the girl to him.

Now, you must be wondering why I gave you this letter. The reason simply is this: I want to help you.

Nimnarath studies Naku for a moment.

You are a vampire. A creature of the night. I do not know why, but I can sense discomfort as well. You hate being the vampire, the outcast. You wish to be accepted. I'm just taking shots in the dark here *chuckles*, but if I am right, I think I can help you. If you wish, i can remove your vampirism.

19. - Top - End - #199

Noisy Brook

Alysha let's out a sigh of relief.

Whew. Good. I wanted to land somewhere the wouldn't hurt anything. Anyways, nice to meet you too, Civvy! I like your eyes. The pink is really pretty.

Then she turns to Nick. Her eyes go wide again. Not from shock this time, though. No, now it's a look of pure glee.

Oh my gosh! Tiny dragon! You're so cute!

Somehow her voice went up almost a whole octave.

And what's this about pink dragons? That sounds awesome!

Guess her hearing is really good. Probably because vampire.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #200

Gurgling Creek

"I'm Nick. You're fine." Nick tells Alysha. If Civvy were his brother he'd have slithered onto her head for a better look but human-shaped people aren't good for that. "You're ship is nice. " he tells the vampire girl. "And before we forget I wanna meet your pink dragons later." he whispers to Civvy.
    Gurgling Creek

"Heck yeah!" Civvy whispers back at Nick.

Noisy Brook

Alysha let's out a sigh of relief.

Whew. Good. I wanted to land somewhere the wouldn't hurt anything. Anyways, nice to meet you too, Civvy! I like your eyes. The pink is really pretty.

Then she turns to Nick. Her eyes go wide again. Not from shock this time, though. No, now it's a look of pure glee.

Oh my gosh! Tiny dragon! You're so cute!

Somehow her voice went up almost a whole octave.

And what's this about pink dragons? That sounds awesome!

Guess her hearing is really good. Probably because vampire.
    The Bubbly Moving Water Fastly

"I knoooow! He's so tiny and adorableeeee~!" Civvy gets entirely sidetracked, agreeing wholeheartedly with Alysha. "Thank you~! I like your eyes too! They're very dark pink!" Civvy? That . . . that's called red. "Yeah! Pink dragons! They're out in the forest! We could go find them if you two want?"

[we'll put that in the dictionary]

Strawberry is feeling bold enough for some more personal questions. "What? Why is that? Didn't you learn how to swim, or are you just afraid of the water itself? But building a base underwater already sounds interesting all by itself, really."

Her senses might be enhanced, but not to a level where she could hear a heartbeat from one meter away. At least not in air, with numerous other noises all around. Also, Strawberry is not really sure how to feel about still being alive. Anyway, "Thank you very much for the info, you greatly helped us. Well then, I think we might lea..." She stops, taking a look back at Grace. "I mean. If you don't have any more questions, of course."
    Town

"Oh, well. I never learned to swim, because water and I just don't get along. I try to avoid it when I can. I can show you pictures of my base later, if you want to see!" Grace says, sounding genuinely excited.

"Mmmmnope. Nope I'm good. I have the distinct feeling we're not gonna make it out without a visit from her, though . . ." The old man just nods at the two, and goes back to his business, if the two had no more questions.

((I did mention earlier that this was in Outside))

I don't think you unders-

That's alright Harold. a voice interrupts.

Spoiler: What Whatever THIS Thing Looks Like
    Show

Harold immediately bows his head. A creature detaches itself from a shadow in the floor, and it inclines its "head"to you. Greetings. My associate here is very protective. I will treat with you. You must be tired from the stairs, here sit down.

If you look behind yourself, a comfortable looking wicker chair has appeared behind you. Nimnarath sits in a similar one. Harold brings the girl to him.

Now, you must be wondering why I gave you this letter. The reason simply is this: I want to help you.

Nimnarath studies Naku for a moment.

You are a vampire. A creature of the night. I do not know why, but I can sense discomfort as well. You hate being the vampire, the outcast. You wish to be accepted. I'm just taking shots in the dark here *chuckles*, but if I am right, I think I can help you. If you wish, i can remove your vampirism.
    ((And I apologize, I missed that.))

Tower

Silence. Pure, simple, silence. And then laughter.

"Pfffahahahaha- Oh Goddess no." Naku wipes away a tear from laughing a bit too hard. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh. It was very dramatic. But I'm fine with my life right now. I don't know where you got Outcast or Unaccepted, though. Sure, some people initially dislike me because of the teeth, but they come around quickly. I have more friends now than I ever have, and I've recently been given the job Champion of a goddess. I- uh. I really don't feel like an outcast, unwelcome, or whatever else sort of negative connotation themed sort of thing might relate to that."

Then she addresses the earlier statements. "I will also pass on the chair." It should be noted that Naku is absolutely not even winded from the stairs. She is actually in fantastic shape, and a vampire. "And I'm afraid I'm going to pass on the cure. I don't really want to give this up. Had you asked, say, 7 or 8 years ago, sure. But life's better now. I'm happy."

Were the people released actually released, and have they made it out of the tower?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurgling Stream

Nick puts his orb back into his Pip-Drake storage spell and bounds over to Alysha. "Well we could find 'em, yeah. Are they the talky kind of the big magical dinosaur kind?" he asks Civvy? "How does your ship work? Is it broken?" he asks Alysha.

22. - Top - End - #202

Bubbly Water

Alysha gives a quick nod to Civvy. That sounds awesome! Just let me get my bag before we go.

She dashes back to the open compartment in her ship, answering Nick as she does.

I don't really know too much of the technical stuff about my ship. I'd have to ask Chip and Dale about that. I know how to drive it. And do some repairs. And for what I don't know? The ship can actually fix itself.
    Takes a while, but it works.

She pops back out of the compartment, slipping a canvas satchel onto her shoulder. She closes the door, then hops into the cockpit for a brief moment to turn on the self repair. As long as nobody messes with it,
    it should be done by the time we get back.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra nods.

"I must ask, do you have a quick way to travel, or shall I teleport us both? Normally, I'd fly, but not everyone can do that, and I can only carry others when I teleport."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

Town

"Oh, well. I never learned to swim, because water and I just don't get along. I try to avoid it when I can. I can show you pictures of my base later, if you want to see!" Grace says, sounding genuinely excited.

"Mmmmnope. Nope I'm good. I have the distinct feeling we're not gonna make it out without a visit from her, though . . ." The old man just nods at the two, and goes back to his business, if the two had no more questions.
    [tOWN]

"Well, I heard facing phobias head-on can sometimes lead to overcoming them. Worked reasonably well for me in the past, when I had a fear of horses and cows. Wouldn't water seem much less scary if you knew how to freely move around in it?" Strawberry pauses for a moment, thinking about what she had just said. "Or not. If power would equal fearlessness, nobody would be creeped out by spiders. Yeah, sorry, that was bogus."

"I'd love to see some pics! I don't really play video games, but those modern graphics always fascinate me." Though "modern" has pretty much a triple meaning in the Nexus. Also, playing along might lead to making a new friend. A rich friend.

"Oh boy, you're making the Goddess of Hope sound ominous."
    She chuckles and turns formward again, but then immediately turns back again to face Grace, her jaw dropped. "Wait, you know a goddess? Like, personally met her, maybe?" Wild thoughts are racing through Strawberry's mind. Is a divine blessing the source of Grace's mysteriously large amounts of money? Is Civiron ominiscent and omnipotent? Can she read minds? Better not actually ask the last two ones out loud.

Presumably, Grace and Strawberry will start moving towards the portal. Or at least Grace will, pushing the mermaid along.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

((Those people at the rate their adrenaline is going are probably halfway down the stairs by now. Except the girl))

Somewhere Dark / Tower

After Naku's speech, Nimnarath seemed to seethe with rage. After a while though, a cold laugh escaped him.

I am glad you are so well adjusted inside a realm that represents the very ideas that vampires represent. Despair. Lust. Darkness. This brings a conundrum however.
    Here I am sitting upon my tower when I finally notice the new goddess taking a realm, redeeming souls, and harboring... let's say colorful characters. All good things must come to an end. Tell me, if Civviron's realm was... inaccessible to you, how would the public respond to your condition? The nexus is a strange place I will admit, but most animals have a distinct ability to detect and flee from predators. But if the animals have stakes, garlic, or even holy water will they flee? You are accepted in Civviron's realm, but do not deny that you are an outcast. You will always be the outcast. Instinctively everyone you will come to know will treat you as a lion among sheep. I simply offer a way to avoid this, but if you deny this gift, so be it.

There is still the prospect of this child. Daughter of loving parents, sister to three, and the kindest little girl I ever did meet. As you might have guessed, I am the deity of despair. I haven't got serious with any of these people yet, but as you could no doubt see with Arnold I am not healthy to the human psyche. Arnold was a grown man of eighteen when he first came to this tower. This girl is six. I wasn't even trying with Arnold, he was a messenger and I needs some of him to function, but I can assure you that this little girl will beg for death in the end.

This can be avoided. You are a vassal of hope, so give her some will you? In exchange for the girl's life, and a boon of your choosing, I would have your oath that when I enter Civviron's realm, you will not impede me in any way until I leave. Note the aforementioned boon cannot be that, 'Nimnarath will never enter Civviron's realm'. That would just be cheating.

Know that I am a devil, and my words are truth. If I speak nothing but the truth, then my soul would be forfeit to the gods, the same predicament you would be in if you broke your bargain with me if you would make it.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-05-27 at 12:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Gurgling Stream

Nick puts his orb back into his Pip-Drake storage spell and bounds over to Alysha. "Well we could find 'em, yeah. Are they the talky kind of the big magical dinosaur kind?" he asks Civvy? "How does your ship work? Is it broken?" he asks Alysha.
    Stream o' Gurgs

"They're more like . . . small. At least when they're young. And I don't think they talk. They never have for me anyway.
    But they blow bubbles!"

Bubbly Water

Alysha gives a quick nod to Civvy. That sounds awesome! Just let me get my bag before we go.

She dashes back to the open compartment in her ship, answering Nick as she does.

I don't really know too much of the technical stuff about my ship. I'd have to ask Chip and Dale about that. I know how to drive it. And do some repairs. And for what I don't know? The ship can actually fix itself.
    Takes a while, but it works.

She pops back out of the compartment, slipping a canvas satchel onto her shoulder. She closes the door, then hops into the cockpit for a brief moment to turn on the self repair. As long as nobody messes with it,
    it should be done by the time we get back.
    And the water in the stream goes bub bub bub

"Well, nobody should mess with it while we're gone. Promise!
    So we ready then? Off we goooo!"
    With that, unless anyone speaks up, Civvy leads them off to the forest! Which is full of trees! Also there's a clearing that's perpetually covered in a magical darkness, but I wouldn't worry about that, it's probably fine.

[tOWN]

"Well, I heard facing phobias head-on can sometimes lead to overcoming them. Worked reasonably well for me in the past, when I had a fear of horses and cows. Wouldn't water seem much less scary if you knew how to freely move around in it?" Strawberry pauses for a moment, thinking about what she had just said. "Or not. If power would equal fearlessness, nobody would be creeped out by spiders. Yeah, sorry, that was bogus."

"I'd love to see some pics! I don't really play video games, but those modern graphics always fascinate me." Though "modern" has pretty much a triple meaning in the Nexus. Also, playing along might lead to making a new friend. A rich friend.

"Oh boy, you're making the Goddess of Hope sound ominous."
    She chuckles and turns formward again, but then immediately turns back again to face Grace, her jaw dropped. "Wait, you know a goddess? Like, personally met her, maybe?" Wild thoughts are racing through Strawberry's mind. Is a divine blessing the source of Grace's mysteriously large amounts of money? Is Civiron ominiscent and omnipotent? Can she read minds? Better not actually ask the last two ones out loud.

Presumably, Grace and Strawberry will start moving towards the portal. Or at least Grace will, pushing the mermaid along.
    tOWn

"I- . . . I don't disagree with you. I really don't. But I really don't think it would work either." Vague Grace is frustratingly vague. It's pretty obvious she doesn't reaaaally want to talk about it, but probably would if Strawberry keeps asking.

"Yeah, for sure! I can show you when we get back, then."

"Oh, I didn't intend for it to come across as bad at all. I just . . . she's probably gonna be waiting at the gate, if I know her. Which I do. Yeah, yeah, I've met her several times. She's nice enough. Just always keeps doing this really, really annoying thing . . ."
    Grace continues to be vague, though this one, Strawberry might get the distinct feeling will absolutely be explained in a few posts, and is being left vague because of comedic timing, more than a stubbornness to remain quiet.

They do keep going towards the portal! And, unless something else happens, will likely reach it at my next post.

((Those people at the rate their adrenaline is going are probably halfway down the stairs by now. Except the girl))

Somewhere Dark / Tower

After Naku's speech, Nimnarath seemed to seethe with rage. After a while though, a cold laugh escaped him.

I am glad you are so well adjusted inside a realm that represents the very ideas that vampires represent. Despair. Lust. Darkness. This brings a conundrum however.
    Here I am sitting upon my tower when I finally notice the new goddess taking a realm, redeeming souls, and harboring... let's say colorful characters. All good things must come to an end. Tell me, if Civviron's realm was... inaccessible to you, how would the public respond to your condition? The nexus is a strange place I will admit, but most animals have a distinct ability to detect and flee from predators. But if the animals have stakes, garlic, or even holy water will they flee? You are accepted in Civviron's realm, but do not deny that you are an outcast. You will always be the outcast. Instinctively everyone you will come to know will treat you as a lion among sheep. I simply offer a way to avoid this, but if you deny this gift, so be it.

There is still the prospect of this child. Daughter of loving parents, sister to three, and the kindest little girl I ever did meet. As you might have guessed, I am the deity of despair. I haven't got serious with any of these people yet, but as you could no doubt see with Arnold I am not healthy to the human psyche. Arnold was a grown man of eighteen when he first came to this tower. This girl is six. I wasn't even trying with Arnold, he was a messenger and I needs some of him to function, but I can assure you that this little girl will beg for death in the end.

This can be avoided. You are a vassal of hope, so give her some will you? In exchange for the girl's life, and a boon of your choosing, I would have your oath that when I enter Civviron's realm, you will not impede me in any way until I leave. Note the aforementioned boon cannot be that, 'Nimnarath will never enter Civviron's realm'. That would just be cheating.

Know that I am a devil, and my words are truth. If I speak nothing but the truth, then my soul would be forfeit to the gods, the same predicament you would be in if you broke your bargain with me if you would make it.
    Well, as soon as the people are out of the tower, they might find themselves getting Civvy-vaced (it's like evac-ed, but with more poofs into pink smoke), off to Civvy's realm, where they'll be fed, taken care of, made sure they're all right, and escorted back home.

Tower

"How would the public react to me? Well. Considering that I've spent the last 3ish years working out among them as a bartender, then a waitress . . . yeah. Yeah probably they wouldn't care much. This is the Nexus. Vampires aren't exactly 'oh no, scurry, must kill on sight'. I only just moved into Civvy's realm . . . like. Maybe two weeks ago. So, theoretically, if I couldn't get in? No biggy." Naku shrugs slightly. She also doesn't even address his comments about the stakes, garlic, and other various anti-vampire things. Correcting him, she decided, is far more trouble than it's worth.

"No. I would neeeever have guessed it. Despair, huh?" The sarcasm in Naku's voice is strong, and only emphasized by the eyeroll.

"So wait. Let me clarify. You'll give me the girl, offering me a 'boon' of whatever I desire, in exchange for me not doing anything specifically to you when you get into her realm? Do I have that right? I just want to verify."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-05-27 at 01:56 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

tOWn

"I- . . . I don't disagree with you. I really don't. But I really don't think it would work either." Vague Grace is frustratingly vague. It's pretty obvious she doesn't reaaaally want to talk about it, but probably would if Strawberry keeps asking.

"Yeah, for sure! I can show you when we get back, then."

"Oh, I didn't intend for it to come across as bad at all. I just . . . she's probably gonna be waiting at the gate, if I know her. Which I do. Yeah, yeah, I've met her several times. She's nice enough. Just always keeps doing this really, really annoying thing . . ."
    Grace continues to be vague, though this one, Strawberry might get the distinct feeling will absolutely be explained in a few posts, and is being left vague because of comedic timing, more than a stubbornness to remain quiet.

They do keep going towards the portal! And, unless something else happens, will likely reach it at my next post.
    [Toon]

Too bad Strawberry isn't the type who will keep on asking if it's obvious Grace doesn't want to talk about it. "Yeah, you might be right with that. It's a painful method with rather low success rate, I know. Sorry." She fidgets some more, this time not with her webbing but with her colorful hijab.

"Looking forward to it."

If presented with a fascinating enough revelation, even the polite Strawberry can unleash a flurry of rather personal questions. "What do you mean, she's nice enough? Shouldn't the Goddess of Hope be the nicest person you'll ever meet? Also, do you get any, like, divine favors out of knowing her? Immortality, riches, true love, and the like?"

((Dollhouse godmodding and scene extending. Sorry.))
    Just before Grace can activate her hyperdrive to travel a mile or so in the time it takes to speak a few sentences, Strawberry turns her head, to the side, apparently startled by something. "Wait a sec, do you hear a harp, too? So it's not just a myth, they actually do play harps in heaven?" Yes, and probably every other kind of instrument too, judging by the existence of that instrument store / musician's club over there. Afterlife is long after all, there has to be more to it than baking bread. "I think it's coming from that especially cute building, can you see it? Could... could we maybe take a look inside before we leave? Pretty please?" For someone who looks very middle-aged and is supposed to be a living war machine, Strawberry can make some remarkable puppy dog eyes.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-05-27 at 07:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurgling Creek

As they go Nick frequently hops into the air to fly on his wings. They aren't sturdy enough to keep him in the air yet.
    "So, got any cool powers? I can talk to fish." Nick asks them.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower

As long as the boon you request does not impede upon my progress into getting into Civviron's realm, you have the deal perfectly clear.

30. - Top - End - #210

Collection of Trees

Alysha follows the goddess and adorable dragon forward, taking in the sights around her as she goes.

Well, I do know a good amount of magic. Um, I'm a vampire, so my physical abilities are higher than a normal person. And I have a Keyblade.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS