New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gurgling Creek

As they go Nick frequently hops into the air to fly on his wings. They aren't sturdy enough to keep him in the air yet.
    "So, got any cool powers? I can talk to fish." Nick asks them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Collection of Trees

Alysha follows the goddess and adorable dragon forward, taking in the sights around her as she goes.

Well, I do know a good amount of magic. Um, I'm a vampire, so my physical abilities are higher than a normal person. And I have a Keyblade.
    If a tree falls while people are around, and doesn't make a sound, do the people hear it?

"What's a Keyblade? Is it, like, a key, that unlocks a sword?"
    The sights are lovely, as could be expected. There's a lake they pass, calm and full of fishies and ducks and geese and a few swans and probably not an monstrous leviathan at the bottom hungering for the souls of they who step too far into its domain.
    Probably.

"We have a vampire around here too! You should meet her! Though I think she's busy right now. And she doesn't have a key to a sword."

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Toon]

Too bad Strawberry isn't the type who will keep on asking if it's obvious Grace doesn't want to talk about it. "Yeah, you might be right with that. It's a painful method with rather low success rate, I know. Sorry." She fidgets some more, this time not with her webbing but with her colorful hijab.

"Looking forward to it."

If presented with a fascinating enough revelation, even the polite Strawberry can unleash a flurry of rather personal questions. "What do you mean, she's nice enough? Shouldn't the Goddess of Hope be the nicest person you'll ever meet? Also, do you get any, like, divine favors out of knowing her? Immortality, riches, true love, and the like?"

((Dollhouse godmodding and scene extending. Sorry.))
    Just before Grace can activate her hyperdrive to travel a mile or so in the time it takes to speak a few sentences, Strawberry turns her head, to the side, apparently startled by something. "Wait a sec, do you hear a harp, too? So it's not just a myth, they actually do play harps in heaven?" Yes, and probably every other kind of instrument too, judging by the existence of that instrument store / musician's club over there. Afterlife is long after all, there has to be more to it than baking bread. "I think it's coming from that especially cute building, can you see it? Could... could we maybe take a look inside before we leave? Pretty please?" For someone who looks very middle-aged and is supposed to be a living war machine, Strawberry can make some remarkable puppy dog eyes.
    Places! Things! Excitement!

"Nonono, don't be sorry. I appreciate offered help."

"Oh, again, nonono. She's quite nice. She just always does this one thing she finds funny that I . . . less funny." Grace shrugs a bit, remaining vague.

((Scene extending is good! No worries!))
    "Well, I mean. Probably is a harp, yeah. Let's go check it out!" Grace says, turning them to face that direction, and heading off towards the indicated building. She can't hear the music, but isn't opposed to staying here longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Tower

As long as the boon you request does not impede upon my progress into getting into Civviron's realm, you have the deal perfectly clear.
    Tower

"Aaaall right. Now that I understand, I can say for sure: No. I will not accept any boon from you." Naku shakes her head. "I'll make you a counter offer though: You give me the girl and I leave. It's better than your offer, as you don't even have to expend any energy with a boon. And obviously you're not scared of little old me, are you?" It should probably be said that, right now, Naku really doesn't look terribly threatening. Sure, she's tall, at juuust over 6 feet, but she's unarmed, and wearing just an old t shirt that's currently covered in sawdust and tree sap, and an old, well worn pair of jeans, also fairly tree-sappy.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower

Nimnarath's "eye" glows a slightly darker shade before returning to normal.

Well played. You and the girl may leave the tower and return to the realm of hope without intervention by myself or any of my followers. Now, as Harold said, I'm a busy man. It's been... well not a pleasure but more of an experiance talking with you. I hope you two have a safe trip back.

Nimnarath sinks into the floor, and the shadow bonds around the girl deactivate, and she runs towards Naku and hugs her. She's crying.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #213

Tower

Nimnarath's "eye" glows a slightly darker shade before returning to normal.

Well played. You and the girl may leave the tower and return to the realm of hope without intervention by myself or any of my followers. Now, as Harold said, I'm a busy man. It's been... well not a pleasure but more of an experiance talking with you. I hope you two have a safe trip back.

Nimnarath sinks into the floor, and the shadow bonds around the girl deactivate, and she runs towards Naku and hugs her. She's crying.
    Tower

"It's true. I hope you have a good day." Naku says, before kneeling down, and giving the girl a hug. She stands, and looks at Nimnarath's human henchman that had originally welcomed her. "Your boss seems . . . nice?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Collection of trees

Nick gasps and leaps into the air, attempting to coil around Alysha like the most adorable deadly python, with his paws on her shoulders and his nose poking hers.
    "Is it shiny? How many keychains does it have? Does it have Summon Boost?"
    Mushu is Nick's favorite power in that game.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower

You expecting Twirl-Mustache-McGee? I was. He is a demon, helps to not forget that, but you are too. Even Satin was an angel once.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #216

Tower

You expecting Twirl-Mustache-McGee? I was. He is a demon, helps to not forget that, but you are too. Even Satin was an angel once.
    Tower

"I suppose something more like that, yeah. And you're being overly judgmental as well. I'm no demon. I'm still an angel."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Possibly Noisy Trees

Alysha totally loves the fact that the tiny dragon is now curling around her.

Best. Day. Ever.

Alysha has a huge grin as she chuckles a bit. No, it's not a key to a sword. It's a key and a sword. Combined. Kind of. Here, I'll show you.

She holds out her hand for a moment. There's a bright flash of light, and suddenly the weapon appears in her hand.

Now, most Keyblades have a general shape like an skeleton key. However, some are shaped closer to more modern house or car keys. Which is how this one is shaped. A car key that's about four feet long, that is.

The handle has a boxy guard around it, which seem to be made from a pair of golden hammers. The blade looks like a pixelated, brick apartment building. It has several damaged areas on the building, like a big fist punched it. These form the "teeth" of the key. A keychain hangs off the end of the handle. At the end of the chain is a quarter.

She glances at Nick. I have a couple keychains for it. This is my most recent one.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #218

Collection of trees

Nick gasps and leaps into the air, attempting to coil around Alysha like the most adorable deadly python, with his paws on her shoulders and his nose poking hers.
    "Is it shiny? How many keychains does it have? Does it have Summon Boost?"
    Mushu is Nick's favorite power in that game.
    Possibly Noisy Trees

Alysha totally loves the fact that the tiny dragon is now curling around her.

Best. Day. Ever.

Alysha has a huge grin as she chuckles a bit. No, it's not a key to a sword. It's a key and a sword. Combined. Kind of. Here, I'll show you.

She holds out her hand for a moment. There's a bright flash of light, and suddenly the weapon appears in her hand.

Now, most Keyblades have a general shape like an skeleton key. However, some are shaped closer to more modern house or car keys. Which is how this one is shaped. A car key that's about four feet long, that is.

The handle has a boxy guard around it, which seem to be made from a pair of golden hammers. The blade looks like a pixelated, brick apartment building. It has several damaged areas on the building, like a big fist punched it. These form the "teeth" of the key. A keychain hangs off the end of the handle. At the end of the chain is a quarter.

She glances at Nick. I have a couple keychains for it. This is my most recent one.
    Forest

"Ooooh!" Civvy exclaims, clapping and bouncing up on the tips of her toes a few times. "That's amazing!"

No dragons yet, though.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

"I have an orb. It doesn't unlock things though."
    Though now he's imaging his Orb as a key and it's making him giggle. Somehow despite already being magic Nick wants more special powers. Like keys and sorcery and a STANDO.
    He doesn't know what that is but people yell it a lot in that show Mister Zebes likes but says he isn't old enough to watch.

10. - Top - End - #220

Forest

Thanks, Civvy. Alysha gives the weapon a little twirl. Mostly just to show off.

I can use it as a weapon, channel my magic through it, and lock or unlock basically anything.

She glances at Nick.

Yeah? What does the orb do?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #221

Forest

"I have an orb. It doesn't unlock things though."
    Though now he's imaging his Orb as a key and it's making him giggle. Somehow despite already being magic Nick wants more special powers. Like keys and sorcery and a STANDO.
    He doesn't know what that is but people yell it a lot in that show Mister Zebes likes but says he isn't old enough to watch.
    Forest

Thanks, Civvy. Alysha gives the weapon a little twirl. Mostly just to show off.

I can use it as a weapon, channel my magic through it, and lock or unlock basically anything.

She glances at Nick.

Yeah? What does the orb do?
    Forest

Nick might be jealous then. Civvy does have a Stand! Naku keeps complaining about it, and how she's not actually a stand, but Civvy knows better!
    Civvy listens, also curious as to the use of the orb.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Unless Civvy has magical arrows around it's unlikely anyone will have real stands here. Nick takes out his dragon ball and nests it snugly between his antlers.
    "My Orb lets me talk to fish! And lets me breathe underwater. And I can like, do things. Later. I can't do it yet. But it did make me grow these." Nick pulls at his tiny snout tendrils in Alysha's face. She'll have to pull him off eventually.

13. - Top - End - #223

Forest

Maybe. But not yet.

Cool! Alysha says with enthusiasm. I've been to a world where I could do that, but it was only on that world. Doing that anywhere would be awesome!

Alysha holds her hand out and lets her Keyblade disappear with another flash of light. She didn't need it right now, so why carry it around?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower

Whatever. I can't make you leave, but I would really appreciate it.

15. - Top - End - #225

Forest

Unless Civvy has magical arrows around it's unlikely anyone will have real stands here. Nick takes out his dragon ball and nests it snugly between his antlers.
    "My Orb lets me talk to fish! And lets me breathe underwater. And I can like, do things. Later. I can't do it yet. But it did make me grow these." Nick pulls at his tiny snout tendrils in Alysha's face. She'll have to pull him off eventually.
    You might have logic on your side, but Civvy has boundless enthusiasm!

Forest

Maybe. But not yet.

Cool! Alysha says with enthusiasm. I've been to a world where I could do that, but it was only on that world. Doing that anywhere would be awesome!

Alysha holds her hand out and lets her Keyblade disappear with another flash of light. She didn't need it right now, so why carry it around?
    "And you can just make it go away and come back whenever? Where does it goooo?"

Tower

Whatever. I can't make you leave, but I would really appreciate it.
    Tower

"Alllll righty. Peace." With that, Naku stands, offers the little girl a hand, and leaves. Once she's out of the tower, she'll teleport the two back to get the girl home, then go back to her own clearing where the old man might still be.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-05-27 at 10:17 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

"It goes to your heart! Or something."
    That was never really clear.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-27 at 10:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Forest

Alysha opens her mouth to answer, pauses, then closes her mouth and shrugs.

I have no idea, actually. Never asked.

She nods to Nick.

That's possible. It has a strong connection to hearts. But, I don't know.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #228

Forest

"It goes to your heart! Or something."
    That was never really clear.
    Forest

Alysha opens her mouth to answer, pauses, then closes her mouth and shrugs.

I have no idea, actually. Never asked.

She nods to Nick.

That's possible. It has a strong connection to hearts. But, I don't know.
    Forest

"Is . . . is there room in a heart? That sword did look kinda big."

No dragons yet, but the forest floor is definitely shaking from something. Likely something heavy (very heavy. Dragon heavy) sprinting across the ground. Possibly two, tacking each other.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-05-27 at 10:45 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick tuts. "Hearts are magic Civvy. They can do anything." he insists.

20. - Top - End - #230

Forest

Alysha shrugs again.

Maybe it turns into energy bound to your heart? Maybe hearts are portals to another realm, and the Keyblade moves to the realm through your heart? Maybe they just turn invisible and hover around me? Maybe it disintegrates completely and a new copy is made every time I summon it?

She would keep going, but now the ground is shaking. Which catches her attention.

Her Keyblade is out again, but she hasn't gotten into any kind of combat stance yet. She's looking around, letting her enhanced senses help her find whatever is making all that racket.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Places! Things! Excitement!

"Nonono, don't be sorry. I appreciate offered help."

"Oh, again, nonono. She's quite nice. She just always does this one thing she finds funny that I . . . less funny." Grace shrugs a bit, remaining vague.

((Scene extending is good! No worries!))
    "Well, I mean. Probably is a harp, yeah. Let's go check it out!" Grace says, turning them to face that direction, and heading off towards the indicated building. She can't hear the music, but isn't opposed to staying here longer.
    [Town --> Music even though it's still town, technically]

"Offered help might be nice, indeed. But for help to really be considered help it has to help with the thing you need help with, or at least help you find better help." Word repetition. Strawberry just couldn't help herself there.

She raises an eyebrow. "You're a little bit vague there, but I have a feeling I'll soon find out what you mean. I just hope it won't be one of those NexusTube prank channel style shenanigans. Like, pretending they're a police officer stopping you, then arresting you, while they're actually just setting your pants on fire." She turns to face forwards again.

As the approach the shop, Grace should be able to hear the music, too. And since the building has a large show window, also see the short, rosy-cheeked man inside playing the instrument like a virtuoso, his fingers barely touching the strings. When he netices the women outside, he waves at them, while the harp continues to play itself. The showroom itself is packed with various instruments: various guitars variants, a piano, a drum set, ocarinas, a theremin, various violins and flute types, a holophonor, trumpets, saxophones, etc.. In the back of the showroom, there's a door with a sign: "practice rooms". "Haven't you ever wondered what heaven's music sounds like? I know I did plenty of times. Wanna go inside?"
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere OTHER than the Tower

Um... nice lady, I don't exactly know where my home is. The... Dark Dude (?) kiddnapped me after I ran away from home,
    saying something like "no one will even miss you,". He was really scary.

23. - Top - End - #233

Forest

Nick tuts. "Hearts are magic Civvy. They can do anything." he insists.
    Forest

"That is true! Silly of me to forget that."

Forest

Alysha shrugs again.

Maybe it turns into energy bound to your heart? Maybe hearts are portals to another realm, and the Keyblade moves to the realm through your heart? Maybe they just turn invisible and hover around me? Maybe it disintegrates completely and a new copy is made every time I summon it?

She would keep going, but now the ground is shaking. Which catches her attention.

Her Keyblade is out again, but she hasn't gotten into any kind of combat stance yet. She's looking around, letting her enhanced senses help her find whatever is making all that racket.
    Forest

"Oh, you can put that away. It's just the dra-" And with that, Civvy's interrupted by a few of the full grown dragons wrestling their way past the group, paying little attention to where they're going. Paying enough attention to not hit anyone, but trees do get knocked down in their play. They're both 30-50 feet in length, and just having a wonderful time obviously playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Town --> Music even though it's still town, technically]

"Offered help might be nice, indeed. But for help to really be considered help it has to help with the thing you need help with, or at least help you find better help." Word repetition. Strawberry just couldn't help herself there.

She raises an eyebrow. "You're a little bit vague there, but I have a feeling I'll soon find out what you mean. I just hope it won't be one of those NexusTube prank channel style shenanigans. Like, pretending they're a police officer stopping you, then arresting you, while they're actually just setting your pants on fire." She turns to face forwards again.

As the approach the shop, Grace should be able to hear the music, too. And since the building has a large show window, also see the short, rosy-cheeked man inside playing the instrument like a virtuoso, his fingers barely touching the strings. When he netices the women outside, he waves at them, while the harp continues to play itself. The showroom itself is packed with various instruments: various guitars variants, a piano, a drum set, ocarinas, a theremin, various violins and flute types, a holophonor, trumpets, saxophones, etc.. In the back of the showroom, there's a door with a sign: "practice rooms". "Haven't you ever wondered what heaven's music sounds like? I know I did plenty of times. Wanna go inside?"
    ]Town Music Place[

"But the mere offer can begin one down a path of contemplatives they might not have otherwise considered, and could potentially lead to valuable assistance." Grace counters, smiling a bit.

"Noooo. Nonono. Nothing that bad. Just . . . she likes . . . dyeing my hair pink." Grace mumbles the last, kicking at the grass a bit.

"Yes! Yes I would love to go in and take a listen!" Grace has to admit curiosity as well, and gladly takes them both into the shop, and then, unless stopped, back to the practice rooms.

Somewhere OTHER than the Tower

Um... nice lady, I don't exactly know where my home is. The... Dark Dude (?) kiddnapped me after I ran away from home,
    saying something like "no one will even miss you,". He was really scary.
    Somewhere not in the tower, nor in the Realm. Probably the Roost

"Welllll. Just think about your parents. Your home. If you have siblings or pets, them too. And I can take us there." Naku offers, kneeling to look the child in the eyes. It should also be noted that Naku has transition-lens glasses on, so while they're out in the sun, her glasses -- which she does actually need to see with --, are darkening to sunglasses. Because they're cool like that.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick adjusts his coil around Alysha as to not impede her movement as much.
    "Aww, they're so pretty! I didn't know there were plant dragons!" he exclaims in wonder at the mizutsune.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The Roost

The girl thinks, and if you teleport her there all that is left is ashes. Like a LOT of ashes. As in a small town sized pile of ash.

26. - Top - End - #236

The Roost

The girl thinks, and if you teleport her there all that is left is ashes. Like a LOT of ashes. As in a small town sized pile of ash.
    The Small Burned Town

"Well. That's not good. So that leaves one option. You remember the big bad mean dude that kidnapped you? He's in your shadow." Naku gives the little girl a hug again. "Now, I can take you somewhere safe. But I'm going to have to detach your shadow from you. Is that okay?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Noisy Forest

Alysha's mouth drops open in wonder at the sight of the dragons.

Woooow! That's awesome!

Her Keyblade disappears as she watches the dragons play.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #238

Forest

Nick adjusts his coil around Alysha as to not impede her movement as much.
    "Aww, they're so pretty! I didn't know there were plant dragons!" he exclaims in wonder at the mizutsune.
    Civvy blinks a few times. "They're plant dragons?" Apparently, she didn't know either!

Noisy Forest

Alysha's mouth drops open in wonder at the sight of the dragons.

Woooow! That's awesome!

Her Keyblade disappears as she watches the dragons play.
    The two wrestling ones are quickly out of sight, though the tremors can be felt for a while. Following along not too far behind them though, are about 4 or 5 more, none larger then a good sized Labrador. Though obviously bulkier, and overall denser, just no more than a few feet long. They're obviously still very young, and tackling each other with playful tips, following the example of their larger siblings.
    At least, until they see the people. Then they're just all kinds of behaving like puppies, excitedly hopping (and tripping), tackling each other, and just kind of hopping their way over to the people.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

"They have petals on their heads! Plants." Nick insists, having no idea what he's talking about.

30. - Top - End - #240

Forest of D'aw

Alysha nods and points to Nick.

He has a point.

And then baby dragons.

You have found Alysha's weakness. She has now dissolved into a giggling puddle, trying to hug as many of the dragons as possible.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS