Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1030
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground
     
    N. Jolly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    on a damn meteor

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    That's... an incredibly serve chance to character creation which I don't think I quite enjoy the sound off.
    What we're doing to help alleviate this as an issue is that if you retrain the class which you took at first and didn't take a martial tradition, you gain the option of taking a martial tradition with your new class (as long as you could qualify for one), as well as allow talents to be retrained. I'm not sure if this is out of internal yet or not though.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    That's... an incredibly serve chance to character creation which I don't think I quite enjoy the sound off.
    I dont know about you blade wolf but ditch the paizos weapon proficiency to grab fluff appropriated one is good in my book and maybe nearly everyone's book to
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.


  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Dr_Dinosaur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    The post Blade Wolf was responding to said that you no longer gain ANY proficiencies, not "fluff-related" ones...

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground
     
    N. Jolly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    on a damn meteor

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Hey all, it's been a wild ride, and we're trying to take into account all of your feedback, but this is just a notice to let you know that we will officially be ending the Spheres of Might playtest on June 30th. We've all been blown away by the level of feedback that you've given, and we're working on quite a few changes that you'll be seeing in the full release. Seriously, thanks to all of you for participating, we couldn't have made this book half as good without your feedback, playtesting, and support. We sincerely hope that we've made something that you'll all enjoy,

    The Spheres of Might team

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
    Hey all, it's been a wild ride, and we're trying to take into account all of your feedback, but this is just a notice to let you know that we will officially be ending the Spheres of Might playtest on June 30th. We've all been blown away by the level of feedback that you've given, and we're working on quite a few changes that you'll be seeing in the full release. Seriously, thanks to all of you for participating, we couldn't have made this book half as good without your feedback, playtesting, and support. We sincerely hope that we've made something that you'll all enjoy,

    The Spheres of Might team
    happy to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.


  6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Did the Equipment talent for selecting a custom selection of weapons get removed, or am I overlooking it somehow?

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
    Did the Equipment talent for selecting a custom selection of weapons get removed, or am I overlooking it somehow?
    Damn, you are right. I don't see it anymore.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I've built a doudle-weapon using Conscript for a game that's just getting started. No idea how he'll handle in play, but the abilities should add up to a very powerful melee combatant...Provided that I can remember all the tricks he has up his sleeve. Never thought I'd say this about a non-magic class, but I feel like this thing has too many moving parts. I might not be able to get the most out of him simply due to not being able to remember what everything is suppose to do.

    I'll report back once he's seen some action.
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground
     
    N. Jolly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    on a damn meteor

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
    Did the Equipment talent for selecting a custom selection of weapons get removed, or am I overlooking it somehow?
    I have no idea where that went, we'll be adding it again as it's in the internal doc. Thanks for pointing this out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    I've built a doudle-weapon using Conscript for a game that's just getting started. No idea how he'll handle in play, but the abilities should add up to a very powerful melee combatant...Provided that I can remember all the tricks he has up his sleeve. Never thought I'd say this about a non-magic class, but I feel like this thing has too many moving parts. I might not be able to get the most out of him simply due to not being able to remember what everything is suppose to do.

    I'll report back once he's seen some action.
    I feel ya there, I'm building the iconic Conscript, and he's got so many talents, it's difficult for me to remember all of my options here.

    We also have a new version of the Brute sphere up in the guide, so let us know what you think about it. We're getting closer to the end, and we thank everyone who's participated in this playtest thus far; you've helped make this an amazing book!
    Last edited by N. Jolly; 2017-06-25 at 08:59 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
    I feel ya there, I'm building the iconic Conscript, and he's got so many talents, it's difficult for me to remember all of my options here.
    I found that writing out stat-blocks similar to those found in Fantastical Creatures and How to Survive Them, is really helpful when trying to remember options available. Which is one reason why I recommended/requested in the SoM GM document that the stat-blocks be written in a similar fashion.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground
     
    N. Jolly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    on a damn meteor

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    I found that writing out stat-blocks similar to those found in Fantastical Creatures and How to Survive Them, is really helpful when trying to remember options available. Which is one reason why I recommended/requested in the SoM GM document that the stat-blocks be written in a similar fashion.
    I'll pass that along to Adam.

    Thanks to everyone who participated in the playtest, it was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to pushing through with more playtests in the future, including one for a class we didn't get the chance to include in this playtest.

  12. - Top - End - #162

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    You are welcome, and I hope my feedback was considered useful.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Doc_Maynot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Anyone have any backup copies of the playtest docs? I have players in an active game playing a Conscript and a Blacksmith.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Doh I am in the same boat opened it up for my players and none of us saved a offline copy.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cswlth5w8c...0Docs.zip?dl=0

    Saved'em last night, so they're current as of 11:15 pm central time zone. If there were any last-second changes I didn't catch those.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Doc_Maynot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cswlth5w8c...0Docs.zip?dl=0

    Saved'em last night, so they're current as of 11:15 pm central time zone. If there were any last-second changes I didn't catch those.
    You are a saint.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    EldritchWeaver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Can anyone clarify, how using claws does work with the striker's unarmed strikes? Do I get claw damage in addition to the striker attack? Or is it strictly separate?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I asked about which spheres would benefit natural attacks, and was basically told the system was not designed with natural attacks in mind.
    That's not saying it wouldn't work in some way, or that it would.

    Basically natural attacks are either too weak (base) or too strong (if you build for them).
    That was going to be for a gestalt build, with spheres of power focusing on being a shapechanger on one side and going spheres of might on the other side.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    EldritchWeaver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I'm not asking to add additional attacks, but if claw strikes can supplant unarmed strikes, effectively treating the claw strike as an unarmed strike.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    I'm not asking to add additional attacks, but if claw strikes can supplant unarmed strikes, effectively treating the claw strike as an unarmed strike.
    I think brand new sphere might be more useful for claw users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.


  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Dr_Dinosaur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    No way. Unlike SoP, Might needs fewer, deeper spheres imo. Plus Feral Combat Training exists, so you can at least Flurry with claws

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Doc_Maynot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    Can anyone clarify, how using claws does work with the striker's unarmed strikes? Do I get claw damage in addition to the striker attack? Or is it strictly separate?
    To answer this, you'd have to use Open Hand (Bestial Training) or the a Favored Weapon Stalker Art, if you do the damage is replaced by the SoM unarmed damage as it will act like the unarmed strike for most purposes.

    I have a question regarding the legendary talent Fencing (Dimensional Lunge). If you count as being in all unoccupied squares within 30' for reach and range increment purposes, does that include ones you cannot see due to walls and such? Ones above you that you couldn't actually be in due to lack of flight or similar? Ones on the floor(s) below you, or are other wise underground? If yes on the first and last ones, does that grant you awareness of those squares? Awareness of the area around them?
    Last edited by Doc_Maynot; 2017-08-20 at 10:55 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    All right. Reporting back in on the monk spade using conscript. He's doing just fine so far. The only real weakness I can find is an inability to punch through DR on his own.
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    After many delays, the prodigy is now available for your playtesting pleasure.

    Prodigy

    The prodigy is a flexible mid-BAB, Mid-caster based on making a 'sequence', using a series of moves to unlock powerful finishers. They also can gain temporary talents similar to a spiritualism hedgewitch.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    My initial thoughts:
    * Good amount of skills, especially if you choose Intelligence as your CAM/PAM.
    * I really like how even though can get either magic or combat talents, but they came from the same pool. I was expecting them to get 10 of each rather than 20 total for you to mix and match.
    * Is there anything stopping a prodigy from spamming the same link over and over? Or am I asking a dumb question?
    * Any reason you keep saying "cast a spell" rather than "activate a sphere ability"? I suppose it's possible for a Vancian caster to multiclass into this, but you're guaranteed to have at least 2 magic talents, so why not word your abi!ity accordingly?
    * Integrated Techniques is a good way to personalize your character, as does Imbue Sequence.
    * Talent Blending seems like a slightly nerfed Spell Combat, but the at-will nature of spheres effects probably make that a good idea.
    *Any reason Adaption was split into multiple improvements, rather than being one ability that gets additional effects at various levels like a Brawler's Martial Flexibility?
    * Steady Skill is really interesting, though the 'Taking 15' remind me of psionic focus. Any particular reason you limit it to skills on the Prodigy skill list rather than any class skills they possess?
    * Even though I gave Adaptation a hard time, I really like Shared Adaptation. There are definitely times where giving an ally a particular sphere ability would be very useful.
    * Reflect Spell seems like a really useful ability. Thumbs up.

    All in all, really good. I could see this on either extreme; either as a martial with a few tricks or a spherecaster with a modicum of martial skill. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    3/4 Casting, with Martial Focus for talents.
    3/4 BAB, with Might talents and Martial Focus for those as well.
    6+Int skills/lvl +inbuilt take 10 or 15 mechanic.
    More class features which complement both casting and combat, and often don't take up action economy.
    Good Ref and Will.

    Not going to lie, this seems damn strong, a little over the top.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    EldritchWeaver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipaca View Post
    3/4 Casting, with Martial Focus for talents.
    3/4 BAB, with Might talents and Martial Focus for those as well.
    6+Int skills/lvl +inbuilt take 10 or 15 mechanic.
    More class features which complement both casting and combat, and often don't take up action economy.
    Good Ref and Will.

    Not going to lie, this seems damn strong, a little over the top.
    It is comparable to a magus, which is skill monkey in addition, but with a variable focus regarding martial and magic. Plus the sequences. They seem balanced on paper, but how do they hold up in reality? I fear that you can't get enough sequence-length because fights are too short. Or at best can use one longer sequence before the enemies are dead. So this feature might not end up be used that much, despite being the shtick of the class. So how much actual playtesting was done and how well did the sequences work?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    My initial thoughts:
    * Good amount of skills, especially if you choose Intelligence as your CAM/PAM.
    * I really like how even though can get either magic or combat talents, but they came from the same pool. I was expecting them to get 10 of each rather than 20 total for you to mix and match.
    * Is there anything stopping a prodigy from spamming the same link over and over? Or am I asking a dumb question?
    * Any reason you keep saying "cast a spell" rather than "activate a sphere ability"? I suppose it's possible for a Vancian caster to multiclass into this, but you're guaranteed to have at least 2 magic talents, so why not word your abi!ity accordingly?
    * Integrated Techniques is a good way to personalize your character, as does Imbue Sequence.
    * Talent Blending seems like a slightly nerfed Spell Combat, but the at-will nature of spheres effects probably make that a good idea.
    *Any reason Adaption was split into multiple improvements, rather than being one ability that gets additional effects at various levels like a Brawler's Martial Flexibility?
    * Steady Skill is really interesting, though the 'Taking 15' remind me of psionic focus. Any particular reason you limit it to skills on the Prodigy skill list rather than any class skills they possess?
    * Even though I gave Adaptation a hard time, I really like Shared Adaptation. There are definitely times where giving an ally a particular sphere ability would be very useful.
    * Reflect Spell seems like a really useful ability. Thumbs up.

    All in all, really good. I could see this on either extreme; either as a martial with a few tricks or a spherecaster with a modicum of martial skill. Good job.
    -Each component can only grant a link once per round.
    -Wording: I think I just messed it up and didn't go back to check the proper wording for casting a sphere effect. Will fix.
    -Had a few comments on adaptation's split formatting not working, On the list to change.
    - Probably not a strong argument to not be 'any class skill'. Interested to hear if anyone would resist the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aipaca View Post
    3/4 Casting, with Martial Focus for talents.
    3/4 BAB, with Might talents and Martial Focus for those as well.
    6+Int skills/lvl +inbuilt take 10 or 15 mechanic.
    More class features which complement both casting and combat, and often don't take up action economy.
    Good Ref and Will.

    Not going to lie, this seems damn strong, a little over the top.
    As noted, getting the biggest sequence abilities are going to be difficult. Also, that is why we open playtest, get more data on this stuff. There has been a suggestion to reduce it to 4 skills, but that seems low if you aren't INT based for a generalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    It is comparable to a magus, which is skill monkey in addition, but with a variable focus regarding martial and magic. Plus the sequences. They seem balanced on paper, but how do they hold up in reality? I fear that you can't get enough sequence-length because fights are too short. Or at best can use one longer sequence before the enemies are dead. So this feature might not end up be used that much, despite being the shtick of the class. So how much actual playtesting was done and how well did the sequences work?
    There has been some playtesting with positive feedback but I don't have specific comments on that at my fingertips.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Probably not a strong argument to not be 'any class skill'. Interested to hear if anyone would resist the change.
    I also would like to see the ability changed to allow 'any class skill'. I personally dont keep track of where class skills come from (whether they come from race choice, traits, multiclassing, etc). However, checking to see what skills are class skills are easy, is the box checked? Then it is a class skill, no need to have the book open right infront of you.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    - Probably not a strong argument to not be 'any class skill'. Interested to hear if anyone would resist the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    I also would like to see the ability changed to allow 'any class skill'. I personally dont keep track of where class skills come from (whether they come from race choice, traits, multiclassing, etc). However, checking to see what skills are class skills are easy, is the box checked? Then it is a class skill, no need to have the book open right infront of you.
    Also, seeing as you already have all Knowledge skills, all 3 interaction skills and UMD on that skill list, I don't see how letting the 8 nonclass skills in on the fun would be breaking anything. Or at least not breaking anything else.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2017-08-24 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •