Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1336
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mithril Leaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Hey, does the Sage's caster level stack with other caster levels as normal, even though it uses Ki instead of Spell Points? Follow up: Can you spend both Spell Points and Ki on the same effect?
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Thanks, Mehangel and Ssalarn!

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I'm slightly confused, is a two weapon fighter type character still expected to be taking the two weapon fighting feats in order to full attack without missing everything? Or are you just not expected to full attack in general if you are using SoM?

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Yes, you should spend your feats on the TWF chain if you want to TWF-full attack. Now, you can still do TWFy things with just talents, so the lack of bonus feats (conscript notwithstanding) doesn't hurt so much.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipaca View Post
    I'm slightly confused, is a two weapon fighter type character still expected to be taking the two weapon fighting feats in order to full attack without missing everything? Or are you just not expected to full attack in general if you are using SoM?
    One of the problems we've seen in other systems is that when you allow abilities intended for standard actions to apply to full attacks, it ends up boosting full attacks unnecessarily and acts as straight damage boosting, which full attacks don't need. So the Dual-Wielding sphere is specifically built around a specific type of two-weapon fighting that encourages use of the attack action, which the system is built around. If you want to two-weapon fight on a full attack, you'd spend the normal feats to do so.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Slavezero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    how much longer till Spheres of might is ready? really wanting to play as i had an awesome idea for a dark knight type character that uses bleeds and vital strikes with a monkey gripped great sword to bring down his enemy's while using a tower shield, sentinel class features and the Berserker and guardian spheres to weather heavy combat

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EldritchWeaver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I've heard it will be any day now, they're just waiting on some final images and inputting copyedits.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I am of the humble opinion that for the Fighter conversion archetype, the replaced fighter feats should be different. It should replace feats a 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 instead of 2, 6, 10, 14, 18.

    I think it would work better this way. Don't look too deep into the reasonings. In no way do I want to stack a spheres of Might archetype with a Path of War archetype. That's definitely not the reason. Just do what I say because it's 100% the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2017-10-05 at 01:11 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Slavezero View Post
    how much longer till Spheres of might is ready? really wanting to play as i had an awesome idea for a dark knight type character that uses bleeds and vital strikes with a monkey gripped great sword to bring down his enemy's while using a tower shield, sentinel class features and the Berserker and guardian spheres to weather heavy combat
    I believe we are literally just waiting on the last couple pieces of art before the .pdf is ready for distribution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zsaber0 View Post
    I am of the humble opinion that for the Fighter conversion archetype, the replaced fighter feats should be different. It should replace feats a 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 instead of 2, 6, 10, 14, 18.

    I think it would work better this way. Don't look too deep into the reasonings. In no way do I want to stack a spheres of Might archetype with a Path of War archetype. That's definitely not the reason. Just do what I say because it's 100% the right thing to do.

    I know there was a specific reason we chose the feats we did, but I don't recall what it was at this particular moment.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I know there was a specific reason we chose the feats we did, but I don't recall what it was at this particular moment.
    So it could stack with SoP archetypes such as War Hero from Battlemage's Handbook, or Impossible Warrior from the Abjurer's Handbook playtest. That it also happens to cause it to conflict with the PoW archetype from DSP is just icing on the cake, getting ahead of silly people who will complain about something being broken or OP because they're mixing content from different publishers.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    exelsisxax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    So it could stack with SoP archetypes such as War Hero from Battlemage's Handbook, or Impossible Warrior from the Abjurer's Handbook playtest. That it also happens to cause it to conflict with the PoW archetype from DSP is just icing on the cake, getting ahead of silly people who will complain about something being broken or OP because they're mixing content from different publishers.
    Or silly people that think SoM and PoW are mechanically compatible. PoW is based on NOT using the specific attack action.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Any idea when the physical copies of Som and the gish book will be ready? Circumstances beyond my control prevented me from backing it, but I want to buy it and have it on my bookshelf as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EldritchWeaver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Any idea when the physical copies of Som and the gish book will be ready? Circumstances beyond my control prevented me from backing it, but I want to buy it and have it on my bookshelf as soon as possible.
    SoM needs to be published first in PDF form. Then I expect some time during which additional errata will be integrated. Then a print would be possible. So maybe 2 months after publishing.

    Gish book may need still some playtesting. Or at least the gish classes should be combined into a single set for playtest purposes. The prodigy is at least in playtest mode. So any print edition is way off.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Sage and Troubadour both got a fair chunk of playtesting and revision during the SoM play tests. I haven't heard what else is going in there, but I would still expect it to be at least 6-8 weeks behind the release dates of SoM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    Or silly people that think SoM and PoW are mechanically compatible. PoW is based on NOT using the specific attack action.
    It's not impossible to use the two systems together, you'd just need to focus on boost and counter maneuvers while using sphere talents instead of strikes. Damage-wise you'd end up in a pretty similar place since SoM focuses more on chains and utility and doesn't use bonus damage dice as frequently.

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Any idea when the physical copies of Som and the gish book will be ready? Circumstances beyond my control prevented me from backing it, but I want to buy it and have it on my bookshelf as soon as possible.
    We already have preorders available through Backerkit, and the .pdf for SoM should be available very soon. We're just waiting on a last couple pieces of art to have it all put together.

    Quote Originally Posted by NomGarret View Post
    Sage and Troubadour both got a fair chunk of playtesting and revision during the SoM play tests. I haven't heard what else is going in there, but I would still expect it to be at least 6-8 weeks behind the release dates of SoM.
    The Prodigy is also going to be part of Champions of the Spheres (aka "the gish book") and that didn't make it into playtesting until about a month ago, so I expect probably close to a 2 month gap between SoM and CotS, assuming all the CotS art is wrapped on time.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Random thought: Since many of the SoP handbooks are (or were at one point) named "The <whatever>-mancer's Handbook", what will the eventual SoM handbooks' default name be?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Champions of the Spheres will also have a number of archetypes, which I expect to be playtested before release as well.

    If individual SoM sphere handbooks are done, I would assume a similar naming scheme, though it hasn't come up yet.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I'm kinda hoping that there aren't individual SoM handbooks. Some of the SoP books were hard enough, and SoM spheres don't have the same amount of design space that SoP spheres tends to have. And 'expanded options' book down the road with new material for each sphere would probably work better.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mehangel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that there aren't individual SoM handbooks. Some of the SoP books were hard enough, and SoM spheres don't have the same amount of design space that SoP spheres tends to have. And 'expanded options' book down the road with new material for each sphere would probably work better.
    I also agree that having handbooks devoted to each specific Sphere in Spheres of Might wouldn't nearly be as viable as it was for Spheres of Power. I wouldn't mind however seeing handbooks that expanded groups of Spheres based on Martial Traditions and Fighting Styles.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    I, personally, see class, archetype, and martial tradition handbooks being a lot more viable. A "General's Field Notes" that adds more Commander options while splashing in some archetypes and Warleader talents that catch the system up to any evolutions in the game. A "Swordsman's Training Guide" that builds on Dueling and Fencing while adding Sentinel options. So on and so forth. Spheres of Might lends itself more to conceptual expansion than sphere by sphere expansion.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Advancing Carnage
    Whenever you make a melee attack using the attack action, you may take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls made that round to make an additional attack against an opponent that is adjacent to the first and also within your reach as a free action. You may continue attacking creatures adjacent to your most recent target as long as you still have a valid target for this ability, but you cannot attack the same creature twice. You can take this talent a second time, allowing you to take a single 5-ft. step as a free action after making any one attack when using this ability. If doing so places a creature within your threatened area, that creature becomes a legal target for your additional attack(s) as long as it meets all the other prerequisites. Associated Feats: Great Cleave, Cleave Through.
    Is this meant to exclude the Cleave feat, and thus prevent the following feats from working with Advanced Carnage: Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Giant Killer, Surprise Follow-Through, Improved Surprise Follow-Through, and Weapon Trick (Two-handed) among others?

    Edit: Changed code to quote.
    Last edited by RedMop; 2017-10-09 at 04:06 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMop View Post
    Code:
    Advancing Carnage
    Whenever you make a melee attack using the attack action, you may take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls made that round to make an additional attack against an opponent that is adjacent to the first and also within your reach as a free action. You may continue attacking creatures adjacent to your most recent target as long as you still have a valid target for this ability, but you cannot attack the same creature twice. You can take this talent a second time, allowing you to take a single 5-ft. step as a free action after making any one attack when using this ability. If doing so places a creature within your threatened area, that creature becomes a legal target for your additional attack(s) as long as it meets all the other prerequisites. Associated Feats: Great Cleave, Cleave Through.
    Is this meant to exclude the Cleave feat, and thus prevent the following feats from working with Advanced Carnage: Goblin Cleaver, Orc Hewer, Giant Killer, Surprise Follow-Through, Improved Surprise Follow-Through, and Weapon Trick (Two-handed) among others?

    Cleave is its own standard action, not an attack action, and would thus be incompatible with any talent that requires an attack action. That would make Advancing Carnage incompatible with most of the feats you listed, though there are something like 4 two-handed weapon tricks and the only one that doesn't mesh is Cleaving Smash.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Cleave is its own standard action, not an attack action, and would thus be incompatible with any talent that requires an attack action. That would make Advancing Carnage incompatible with most of the feats you listed, though there are something like 4 two-handed weapon tricks and the only one that doesn't mesh is Cleaving Smash.
    I'll take that as a yes (it was meant to). Crap. That is unfortunate.

    It's the missing associated feat that interferes. That's actually why I asked if it was intended to exclude Cleave even though it includes Great Cleave and Cleaving Through.

    Associated Feat: Some spheres and talents overlap the function of existing feats. Such a feat is listed in the talent as an associated feat. Possessing the sphere or talent counts as possessing the feat for the purposes of meeting prerequisites and for abilities that modify the featís function (such as mythic version of the feat). Unless noted, talents do not stack with their associated feats. Any time you would gain an associated feat, you may instead choose to gain the sphere or talent it is associated with. You must still meet the prerequisites for a talent gain this way, such as possessing the base sphere.
    Last edited by RedMop; 2017-10-09 at 06:33 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Couple of questions, do we know a release date for SoM yet (it's got to be close right?), and what are the chances of getting a form-fillable PDF character sheet that is designed for Spheres of Power/Might characters?

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipaca View Post
    Couple of questions, do we know a release date for SoM yet (it's got to be close right?), and what are the chances of getting a form-fillable PDF character sheet that is designed for Spheres of Power/Might characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    We already have preorders available through Backerkit, and the .pdf for SoM should be available very soon. We're just waiting on a last couple pieces of art to have it all put together.
    There you go.

    P.S. I want to ask this about 100 times per hour.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Just popping in to say that I just preordered the soft covers of both SoM and the Gish book. Looking forward to having both on my shelf so I can have future games just be Spherefinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMop View Post
    There you go.

    P.S. I want to ask this about 100 times per hour.
    Art is in and the team has reviewed the mostly laid out version of the final .pdf and submitted the errors we caught to Adam, so we're like a hair's breadth away from the finish-line right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Just popping in to say that I just preordered the soft covers of both SoM and the Gish book. Looking forward to having both on my shelf so I can have future games just be Spherefinder.
    I had a moment the other week where it hit me that our Saturday game hasn't actually used a Paizo book since we restarted our campaign. Our current line-up is an incanter/vizier/amplifier as our main control caster, a commander who acts as the party face and buffer/problem-solver, an armorist tank with some Guardian sphere talents, and a radiant as our healer whose minions are pretty nasty when combo'd up with the commander. We're working our way through Curse of the Crimson Throne now while I wait for City of Seven Seraphs to come out.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mithril Leaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Art is in and the team has reviewed the mostly laid out version of the final .pdf and submitted the errors we caught to Adam, so we're like a hair's breadth away from the finish-line right now.



    I had a moment the other week where it hit me that our Saturday game hasn't actually used a Paizo book since we restarted our campaign. Our current line-up is an incanter/vizier/amplifier as our main control caster, a commander who acts as the party face and buffer/problem-solver, an armorist tank with some Guardian sphere talents, and a radiant as our healer whose minions are pretty nasty when combo'd up with the commander. We're working our way through Curse of the Crimson Throne now while I wait for City of Seven Seraphs to come out.
    Ah, that's a disservice, Paizo has released plenty of interesting and decent feats! Plus even a few cool magic items.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Ah, that's a disservice, Paizo has released plenty of interesting and decent feats! Plus even a few cool magic items.

    I don't have any problem with Paizo at all (quite the contrary), I've just got so many books and options available at this point that it's really easy for us to be playing Pathfinder without actually using any of their materials. I've got pretty much every book they've published, hardcover and softcover, but it's pretty unusual for us to use more than 5 or 6 books at a time. With SoM, SoP, and AM classes (as well a playtest character for Co7S), no one really needed to go delving elsewhere.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Doc_Maynot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I don't have any problem with Paizo at all (quite the contrary), I've just got so many books and options available at this point that it's really easy for us to be playing Pathfinder without actually using any of their materials. I've got pretty much every book they've published, hardcover and softcover, but it's pretty unusual for us to use more than 5 or 6 books at a time. With SoM, SoP, and AM classes (as well a playtest character for Co7S), no one really needed to go delving elsewhere.
    Actually in the same boat. Other than like, a level of Monk of the Empty Hand and Catch off Guard for one of my characters... I've just been using the equipment out of non-So(P/M)

    Also, FINISH LINE HYPE!
    Last edited by Doc_Maynot; 2017-10-10 at 08:52 PM.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •