New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Time Paradox WW

1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Time Paradox WW

Sorry Lex but I do believe igordragonian wasn't saying he wanted to be random because it was day "1" (1(2)), so much as saying he wasn't sure what cocnlusive results to get of the Day 1(4)
    And you know he hasn't voted. So, even as a joke, lynching him for that seems a tad dubious.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I'm just voting semi-randomly. Using a fake excuse to get people to start voting. Because, so far, only two votes have been registered. Everyone else is waiting for someone to do something, to give them a reason to vote.

So vote away people! This game may be called Time Paradox, but I doubt we have all the time in the world.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll vote for Forum Explorer then. I think he should know that Mordokai is eligible to vote, but the question feels like a wolf asking for sure to see if he can be outed by Mordokai voting.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-26 at 07:54 AM. Reason: to strike-out vote
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's try Meta for this period of time.

"So, does anyone know where we are? Or is that the wrong question?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

ThePhantom for trying to vote in bold instead of red.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

The gnome awakes in this foreign bed, outside he hears a strange chorus singing something like someone got his babe. He throws a shoe outside, stands up and stumbles into the bath to wash his face. What a terrible dream. His best buddy, Mordokai, killed by... what? He couldn't remember. Anyway, today was the first day in this god forsaken town. Why was he here? What to do? Random things like he always used to do on the first day? But... was it the first day?

Point at Flat_footed to get him to talk.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

I'll vote for Forum Explorer then. I think he should know that Mordokai is eligible to vote, but the question feels like a wolf asking for sure to see if he can be outed by Mordokai voting.
    Why would a wolf think he could be outed by Mordocai voting so soon in the game ? It's been a single day and night, Mordokai is town for sure (since if he was wold, he'd be spared accorind to the rules) but we have no reason to think he's Seer (does this game actualy give roles of people killed ?) or would have time to connect with the Seer, so there's no reason he'd know who a wolf is.

(which does invalidate Forum explorer logic, for sure, but yours doesn't work either. as far as I can tell ?)

Therefopre i find your Logic dubious

(that and i wnated to do that pun for a while)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Why would a wolf think he could be outed by Mordocai voting so soon in the game ? It's been a single day and night, Mordokai is town for sure (since if he was wold, he'd be spared accorind to the rules) but we have no reason to think he's Seer (does this game actualy give roles of people killed ?) or would have time to connect with the Seer, so there's no reason he'd know who a wolf is.

(which does invalidate Forum explorer logic, for sure, but yours doesn't work either. as far as I can tell ?)

Everyone does.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

smuchmuch because random
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground

Logic's logic is as compelling as anything else, which isn't very, but regardless, Forum Explorer it is.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post

Technically, it's possible our baner blocked the wolves' kill and our vig hit a wolf, but I agree, we can probably clear Mordokai.

I believe we get the roles, or at least faction, after the first 'block' of days has ended.

I was thinking about voting for igor, because he was on shadow's wagon. If we later learn that shadow is town and we can get him back, it will be easiest to lynch someone who voted for him during an earlier day.

But igor was the counterwagon. If we lynch someone in an earlier day, do the votes on that person just disappear from that later day? Might be good to keep that in mind. Especially if igor is going to vote randomly.

Ramsus, you were also on shadow's wagon. Anything else to go on besides Phantom's textual preferences?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Oh, I have a plan that I think will be pretty advantageous for the town, if not potentially game winning. I wanted to make sure it actually works though. Well, I'm not sure it works anyways, but since I'm being (kinda) suspected I'll explain the train of thought that lead me asking that question.

Spoiler: The Plan
    Show
    Basically:

1. Mordokai was killed by a wolf, and is thus trustworthy (An assumption, but a reasonable one I think)

2. The Seer or someone like that can thus contact him freely

3. Mordokai can thus act as the Seer's mouthpiece until he dies.

4. We basically get 4 people having their roles revealed as a result, at no risk to the Seer.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    But igor was the counterwagon. If we lynch someone in an earlier day, do the votes on that person just disappear from that later day? Might be good to keep that in mind. Especially if igor is going to vote randomly.
    The votes will just disappear as you can't lynch a dead person and the player with the next highest number of votes is lynched.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Meta-
    I quite lost on who to vote, I can make up an excuse to vote, but I don't have a real reason.
    And Shadow revealed as townie- so what?
    No one knew his aligment.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Oh, I have a plan that I think will be pretty advantageous for the town, if not potentially game winning. I wanted to make sure it actually works though. Well, I'm not sure it works anyways, but since I'm being (kinda) suspected I'll explain the train of thought that lead me asking that question.

Spoiler: The Plan
    Show
    Basically:

1. Mordokai was killed by a wolf, and is thus trustworthy (An assumption, but a reasonable one I think)

2. The Seer or someone like that can thus contact him freely

3. Mordokai can thus act as the Seer's mouthpiece until he dies.

4. We basically get 4 people having their roles revealed as a result, at no risk to the Seer.
    Any paradox seer could attempt the same thing. Or we could have a fool. Or Mord was killed by a neutral (another way he could be a wolf) It would also only would work for 2 days, I assume. A reasonable plan of attack, if we keep that in mind, but I wouldn't rely on it heavily. In my experience networks in the playground can be a little hit or miss.

Igor, I would start by re-reading everyone's posts. Maybe try and be more paranoid or critical than you normally would be. Why would this poster say this? Why might they word it like that? Why even vote for this person? Consider the order of posts as well. Then if something seems more 'off' about any given post or poster, vote for them, or at least ask them to explain why they said or did something. This early, you probably won't have a whole lot to go on, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's possible even small connections we make today could help later.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

But so far we have nothing! everyone just voted randomly!

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    But so far we have nothing! everyone just voted randomly!
    I didn't and I highly doubt everyone else did. In fact, I give it 50/50 that at least one person who explicitly said they voted randomly is lying.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Who, if may I ask?

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus, you were also on shadow's wagon. Anything else to go on besides Phantom's textual preferences?
    Not really no. I don't see why I would have anything either. The only persons that might are seers or other information roles.

20. - Top - End - #110

Really? Who, if may I ask?
    # of people who claim random divided by an assumed # of paradox agents multiplied by the fact that I bet wolves are more likely to feign ignorance.

Not a person in particular yet, just looking at the numbers.

Ramsus, we've got a day and a half of voting! It's not your first rodeo, surely at least something catches your eye. You don't get a free pass for claiming no info powers. Anyone can analyze some posts.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramsus, we've got a day and a half of voting! It's not your first rodeo, surely at least something catches your eye. You don't get a free pass for claiming no info powers. Anyone can analyze some posts.
    It may not be some people's first rodeos, but it's at least my first rodeo where the time isn't going straight. This does change things substantially, especially since we don't know if we hit a town or not. I personally don't think looking at day "1" votes, at least with this forum's play style, will tend to find wolves unless we know what the lynchee (is that the word for someone who was lynched?) was aligned.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-04-25 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Missing "?"
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

I'm getting a strong "first time town" reading on igordragonian. It's strong enough that I feel anyone could have picked up on it and so the people who voted for igor yesterday (AvatarVecna and Kish) are suspect to me. AvatarVecna's normally a more talkative wolf (though he's probably noticed the pattern by now as well), so I'll put my vote on Kish.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Meta, so far all I've seen is people saying..... stuff. It's basically all just noise at this point. Generally useful noise in the hopes of rattling something loose as will sometimes happen on day 1 or 2 of games sure. But still mostly just noise. Without any actual information (public or private) to go on, all I can do is contribute more noise and well... I think that's being handled well enough.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

My vote is going for Zar Peter, who was (will be?) worried enough about getting lynched yesterday (the day after tomorrow) that they did a self preservation vote when they were still (will still be) behind the counterwagon. In fact, I'm also willing to point out that this also helped prevent (will prevent) igordragonian from taking the lead and that thePhantom's vote was (is going to be) the equivalent of not voting at all, which is pretty suspicious in a rather late day vote.

Edit: on second thought, I'm going with igordragonian, since it is kinda late in the day to try to start up on someone with no votes on them, but I'm still willing to listen to reason. Probably not to Logic though...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to move over to thePhantom, actually.
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2017-04-26 at 05:19 AM.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to vote TheMatthew, at least for now. The first switch makes some sense, but voting for someone with one vote on them is very close to voting for someone with none. Why did you switch the second time?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Indarra View Post
    I'm getting a strong "first time town" reading on igordragonian. It's strong enough that I feel anyone could have picked up on it and so the people who voted for igor yesterday (AvatarVecna and Kish) are suspect to me. AvatarVecna's normally a more talkative wolf (though he's probably noticed the pattern by now as well), so I'll put my vote on Kish.

No.. I'v played more than twice or three times, I am just that stupid.
    But as Ramsus said- noise noise noise.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm moving my vote as well. Forum Explorer gave me a good enough reason to move, and Thematthew's indecisive tenses is making it all the more difficult to make sense of what he is trying to say, especially before 6:00 AM.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-26 at 07:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

No.. I'v played more than twice or three times, I am just that stupid.
    But as Ramsus said- noise noise noise.
    Have a little faith in yourself. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If we never lynched anyone from fear of being wrong, we'd lose every time. Say whatever you're thinking about everyone. It doesn't need to be eloquent, organized, and certainly not correct, but it's a start. We'll need more from both you and Ramsus. Or I'll try and lynch you both, because you're a wolf or a town not doing anything.

Indarra
    igor
    Phantom 2
    Flat_footed
    Logic
    smuchmuch
    Forum
    Kish
    Matthew 2

There also may be a vote for Meta, depending on if ThePhantom's bolding is a vote.

There's an interesting triangle happening with Forum, Indarra, and Kish.

Matthew's post reads as very stream of consciousness. Wolves are usually more careful and precise. Small town lean. He's experienced enough to duplicate it as a wolf, but it's early in the game and there was no pressure on him.

Duck is more suspicious for jumping on it, especially given the earlier lack of commitment.

I like ThePhantom's wagon more than Matthew's, but would be happier with Duck or any of the triangle voters I mentioned before if people want to organize a shift.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I'll agree with ThePhantom over Thematthew for the moment. Without results it's hard to get a solid read on anyone or anything. I don't think it helps if I put a third player tied for the lynch, so I'm going with the one who seems most wolf to me of these two.

Also, this would put ThePhantom at 4, it looks like. Ramsus, me, Thematthew and Meta. It's confusing when you don't count your own vote in the tally, Meta.

(Sorry about being absent, work and RL have been hitting hard lately.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Duck is more suspicious for jumping on it, especially given the earlier lack of commitment.
    I assume by earlier lack of commitment you mean the earlier post where I didn't vote?I tend to do that a lot in general. You do, however, have a point about TheMatthew. I'm not entirely sure what his town or wolf play looks like, but in general, you are right about town indecisiveness, so I shall switch to ThePhantom.
    Show