New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Default Dark Thaumaturgy yes or no?

I'm playing my first Vampire the masquerade game in about a week and iv been thinking about getting the Dark thaumaturgy path "Fires of the Inferno" primarily because then i could get "Call Forth the Host" and " Bind Familiar". The backdraw doesn't seem that big, it seems like an acceptable trade of.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Thaumaturgy yes or no?

That depends how the ST runs it. Canonically speaking Dark Thamaturgy is demonically tainted and messing with it is a death sentence for any Tremere. So unless you're playing one of Tremere's Inner Council that makes it a very bad idea
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Thaumaturgy yes or no?

I'd say that's generally a bad idea. Thaumaturgy Paths obtained through more traditional means are better. There might be a few rituals or specific powers and whatnot that seem really really good, but the powers from the regular stuff is just as potent and often times even better. Based on your other thread(s) you'll be playing a Tremere, so just stick with the good 'ol fashioned type of blood magic.
    Most of my posts are made on my mobile device. Please excuse any errors from auto correct.