New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1324
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

She sounds like she simply wants to help, know anything or not. But it is quite suspicious to you that she needs to give you a potion in order to do so.

There do not seem to be any creatures nearby.

She blushes when Sembal asks a question. Or at least something that looks like blushing; Her cheeks turn a dark green, contrasting from the rest of her purple face. She speaks. "No! Why would I do something like that? No!
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

Altiui looks to Daar and just shrugs. She's not sure there are any great choices here.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar walks up to the hag a bit of impatience and anger in her eyes. She calms down and takes the green potion.

I don't understand why you can't help us unless we drink this, but we really need to hurry.

With that, Daar swallows all of the content.

Spoiler: Same e in case it's needed
    Show
    (d20+3)[21]

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

After swallowing it, Daar feels a disgusting aftertaste and a shuddering. She has drank the extract of the Compass-Compass fruit, which has the following positive and negative effects.

-With an action, Daar can name a location. She then learns how far away it is in miles and what direction to walk in to head there in a straight line. This doesn't help for choosing which path in a maze, however, as it only tells her where she's headed, and not which way to turn. Even if it points her in a direction, say, the rightmost path in a junction, it does not mean that that path is the right way, and can just be that another path wraps around to where that path seems to head. She can use this ability 2 times per day.
    -She always knows which way north is, and how deep underground she is if she is underground.
    -The above abilities have no use on planes of existence parallel to the material plane, such as the Feywild or Shadowfel, due to the chaotic nature of those planes. It also doesn't work in proximity of portals to any plane, not just the aforementioned parallel planes.
    -She can no longer swim. Not that much of a downside as a heavy dragonborn who wears heavy armor.

And, subconsciously using the effects, learns of where they need to head: East, 5 miles. North is where they came from, so the party needs to turn left from the hag's hut.

After having drank the potion, the hag's hut disappears, as does the bridge, but the pond remains; Daar and Garrat fall in it. It is hardly deep enough to drown in due to the fruit's negative effects.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar looks at the others perplexed, then to the east.

We need to head in that direction.

She points to the east. You can see that she isn't happy with what just happened, but all she wants is to stop the wagon rider as soon as possible. She lied about what the potion was made from, I just know what way to go to get to where we are going.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

Altiui looks pretty unhappy, but she did warn them not to drink the potions. At least they have their direction now. She gets on her broom and starts moving in the pointed direction, though low and slow enough to not leave anyone behind.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat hops up from the water and follows Daar totally unconcerned. As they are leaving he waves goodbye to the place where the hut was and calls out, "Perhaps I can try some of your strange brew next time then"
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

After heading east, you find another hut at the coast. Two monks, dressed in similar robes to the monks in town, are sitting in a small boat, which could probably hold 4 people.. Across the water is a large shape that appears to be the island of Sunart. The men notice your presence, and one stands up. "Are you seeking transport to Sunart?"

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

When the hut and hag vanish, Sembal stares and shakes his head. "Aren't you supposed to start seeing things when you have a heavy drink?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Daar isn't happy with what just happened, but all she wants is to stop the wagon rider as soon as possible. She lied about what the potion was made from, I just know what way to go to get to where we are going.
    "Huh. Well, at least it didn't make you go power-crazed or something. The way you all have been talking about those fruits, I was kinda worried."

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    After heading east, you find another hut at the coast. Two monks, dressed in similar robes to the monks in town, are sitting in a small boat, which could probably hold 4 people.. Across the water is a large shape that appears to be the island of Sunart. The men notice your presence, and one stands up. "Are you seeking transport to Sunart?"
    "Aye, we are. Passage for four should do." Sembal smiles. "I don't guess you're the vow of poverty type of monk, refusing coin for the use of your boat?"
    Last edited by Dimers; 2018-02-20 at 11:43 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

"We have no use for coin. We live off the land and sea here, protected from the wrath of the mountain goddess."

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

"There is a wrathful mountain goddess here?"
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

The one who stood up gestures to the volcano. The other one, still sitting in the boat, is eating a burnt fish-shaped thing.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

"Angry mountain goddess, yes. Well, we do need to travel to the island. One of our number has buisness with the fey there. I imagine she would like to get there as quickly as possible."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

Altiui nods in agreement with Garrat's words.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, let's hit it, team. You ready to fly?" Sembal turns back to the monks and asks, "Anything we should know about the currents and such? We want to be able to get the boat back to you in one piece."

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

"No. The currents and storms created by the withdrawn ocean god are not to be navigated by travelers. It is our job to help travelers to Sunart across, otherwise you will likely perish." He says, making a gesture similar to a neck-slit, but failed, as if they have been detached from society for many decades. "We will take you across. However, we may only carry as many as 4 of your number, and at least two must remain behind."

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, at the least Altui must go. Other then that I imagine we could draw lots. I have no preference one way or the other."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

(to the party, but not the monks) <I can just fly across>

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

Altiui gets on her broom of flying and asks, "Is ok if I follow?"

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, so you can, er... fly? That works... I suppose?" The monk signals to his friend that they're setting out, and Arkhen, Sembal, Garrat, and Daar get in the boat while Kythor and Altiui fly overhead. No less than 1 minute out from the island headed towards Sunart, several whirlpools form in a sort of zigzagged pattern. The monks use a stick to maneuver the boat around the edges of the whirlpools and navigate their way across. In 10 minutes, the island is much more clearly visible: Palm trees cover the island, and a sandy beach on the side the boat is headed to. After another 10 minutes, you arrive at the island. Ferns cover the area past the beach, which is walled at either side by two boulders. A path is marked by two glowing bronze statues of dwarves.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-03-04 at 10:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, so you can, er... fly? That works... I suppose?"
    Sembal grins. "As long as the gods don't think they're getting cheated out of a sacrifice."

Ferns cover the area past the beach, which is walled at either side by two boulders. A path is marked by two glowing bronze statues of dwarves.
    The teamster walks over to look at the statues more closely. "Don't these seem kinda weird here?"

Current games list

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

The dwarves, made of bronze, each hold a handaxe in either hand, with each elbow against their sides, similar to the arms of a garden gnome. They are short and stout, and by how they are carved, they are quite old. They are wearing heavy armor and a pointed (but otherwise round) hat on their heads. The glow comes from their eyes.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

Altiui gives the monks a nod of thanks for their guidance.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

"We'll wait here for your safe return." they say. The other one is still eating a fish.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Kythor will fly ahead, at least 30 feet above the statues, and see if he spots anything unusual. He’s still not exactly sure why they’re here, so he’s looking for anything.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12]

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

"Altiui, any idea where to head now? Got any spirits whispering in your ear? We'll just take the path if you're not sure." Sembal seems unperturbed by having no clue where he's going.

Current games list

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

"No." Altiui says and shakes her head and just starts going down the path since she doesn't have any better ideas.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat shrugs and follows Altiui.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Following the path, you notice the colors in the surrounding trees change from yellow green to bluish purple. Suddenly, when you thought the path was heading on for some more miles, you come out into a clearing. Three polished bronze statues, similar to the ones from before, float a head's height off the ground. Each have drawings crudely painted on: on the left, a feather; on the right, a hallway; and in the middle, window curtains. Sounds echo out from the surrounding forest, obvious that it isn't from the statues, similar to talking, but it's more like chanting from all deep voices:

"Feed us entertainment! Feed us entertainment! FEED US ENTERTAINMENT!"

And then, a much smaller voice squeaks:

"If not we'll send 100 redcaps at you! Prepare yourselves!

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui

Altiui lets out a small groan and looks to the others, hoping someone else will handle this.