New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Daar let's Kriv in. She studies his face for some sign of what's on his mind.

come in, can I get you a drink, or a bite to eat?

Daar is worried about what Kriv is going to say, but still glad to see him.
    "No thanks. I already ate today, it was some gems I found in the woods earlier. Oh, that's going to sound strange, huh..." he sits down on the bed. "I'll start from the beginning. a year ago, I was visited by a gold dragon who gave me a strange fruit. He said he was trying to look for his "chosen one" and that I was a perfect candidate. I ate it, and now I'm able to turn into a dragon or a half-dragon. Anyway, that wasn't what I was going to talk about. I'm sure you know, sister Daar, but in 30 days, the Dragons' Council is convening."

Daar knows about this. It's a big convention of all dragonkin, big or small, young or old, dragonborn or kobold, metallic or chromatic, held in check by the other varieties of dragons who don't lean either way from extreme law or chaos, the most in-between of them being the crystallic dragons. She's never been to one, because the last one was 30 years ago, but it's of great importance and a great honor to be invited. The dragons will speak of the goings-on in the world and dictate what they should do about them- they will be compelled to obey, as dragons with near-godly power will be attending, as well as the fact that the gods of the dragons, Tiamat (Chromatic), Bahamut (Metallic), Gruaghlothor (Ferrous), and Sardior (Crystallic), will be looking down on the meeting and see to it that any dragon with the ability to accomplish a task they set them on will do so.

"It'll take place at skylight peak in the arctic circle. I'm attending as the representative for Bahamut, being a paladin of him, as well as a gold dragonborn. I heard all about your mission to fight this "Wagonrider"- I heard the Bronze dragons' representative was sent to deal with him a month ago, but I haven't heard much of it since. But if you're going overseas as well to chase after him, then you may as well go the rest of the way to the west coast of the eastern continent, and head north from there until you reach the mountain ranges. I'm sure you'll be able to spectate, as a dragonborn, and I think I'll be able to deal with getting your friends in. But remember this: Until after the meeting, you mustn't harm any chromatic dragonkin of any kind, as there is a treaty for the next month leading up to the event. If you do, Bahamut will find out, and tell Sardior and Gruaghlothor, the main adjudicators of the peace... you'll cease to exist with all the crystallic and ferrous dragons that will come down on you."

He pauses, and waits to hear Daar's reaction.

Meanwhile, Zuzu's exercises: He isn't a particularly athletic boy, but he manages the first 15 pushups before he can't take anymore. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to go straight into Zanan's full exercises, considering his physique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar sat quietly for a moment to allow the information to sink in before she responded.

I will not harm any chromatic dragon's, as long as none attack myself or my new friends. Then it'd be self defense.. As for going to the summit, I think it would be something to behold and my friends might enjoy it as well. But before we can commit to this we have a few things to tend to the least of all being this wagon rider. It was nice seeing you brother and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Daar reaches over and hugs Kriv and gets up.

I have to pick up my new armor, then I have a lecture to give a certain young hatchling who thought it'd be fun to drink then fight a rust monster...

Daar smiles at the last thought almost chuckling.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Zuzu well again

Steps outside to walk and think, in time the walk turns into a faster and faster run until he gets lost, out of breath and exhausted. Stumbling he falls face forward, and with his last bit of endurance he beats his fists bloody on the cold rocky ground until he loses consciousness.

ooc

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cursing his physical frailty, Zuzu rests for 10 minutes, before redressing and going out for a jog.

He suddenly sees the prone body of Ox.

"HELP! HELP! SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MR. OX!" he hollers into the sending stone.

Without waiting for a response, the boy immediately launches into the first responder ABCs drilled into him while at the Academy.

First, check the man's Airway for any obstruction.

Second, check whether he is Breathing or not, and how regular it is.

Finally, check his Circulation. Does the man have a pulse? If so, how regular is it?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-16 at 04:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #965

MonkGuy

Upon hearing the stressed voice of Zuzu through the sending stone, Daar runs out of the room.

Where are you?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The young mystic sends out a terse description of the path he took and the location, before turning his attention back to the unconscious half elf.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-16 at 10:42 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #967

MonkGuy

After getting to Zuzu and Zannan, Daar looked him over. Happy to see nothing wrong, she picks him up and carries him back to the inn.

Come Zuzu, let's talk. I was going to lecture you about drinking, but I think this should be punishment enough. I will say this though. It's ok to drink on occasion, and only in moderation. Remember that once you become drunk you're not invincible. Just promise me that next time you decide to drink it's with me. I can stop you from getting drunk.

Daar looks at Zuzu and warmly smiles.

When I was younger close to your age, I came across a flask with Dragon's Fire, a brew that my clan specializes in, I made a mistake of thinking it was water and had a drink. I don't remember much of that day, but my father was furious and once I regained my mind, he told me that we only drink on special occasions and only a small bit. Dragon's Fire is very potent you see, and so to this day I remember his lesson. Mostly because I had to clean up my mess. I apparently fought some demon and destroyed my village, the thing was, the drink had me seeing something that wasn't there.

She winked at him knowingly at what he had drank.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-12-16 at 11:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Ox has a heartbeat, and is breathing. He's just fine, except for the fact that his hands are covered in blood and the skin is peeling off the knuckles. So, pretty much NOT fine. Easily fixable by a bit of healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu heaves a sigh of relief, and forces a bit of psionic energy into the rogue's body to stimulate his own natural immune system to heal the cuts in his knuckles. Mend Wounds (1 psi): (d8)[5]

"Mr. Ox will be okay! I guess he was having a fistfight with someone!" he tells Da'ar as she arrives to scoop both of them up.

"Um, I know I'm not invincible," he tells her, confused. "I'm weak and useless and can't do anything right. Can't even do push-ups."
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-16 at 07:13 PM.
    Now Playing

10. - Top - End - #970

MonkGuy

With Zuzu on her shoulders and Ox in her arms, she chuckled..
    No Zuzu, your not useless. You gave a great power, though I may not know what it is, or understand it, that makes you more powerful than even I. So what if you can't do push ups? I have siblings that practice the arcane arts that can't even jog three steps without falling, yet put them in the corner, and they can destroy you. Are you that worried about your physical abilities? Would you like to train with me?
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-12-16 at 07:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Oh my gosh, that reminds me. Zanan, where is he? That crazy wolf lady won't let us in his room last night! Is he okay? Can he walk?!"
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #972

MonkGuy

Good questions, what do you say we take Ox to the inn and then check on Zannan. Then I have to pick up some new armor. Mine was destroyed by.. what did you call it?
    Sparky? Fluffy?

She mentions his naming the rust monster as a joke and chuckles.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-12-16 at 07:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Having very little memory of what transpired the night before, Zuzu looks quizzically as the dragonborn talks about naming a rust monster "Fluffy" or "Sparky".
    Now Playing

14. - Top - End - #974

MonkGuy

The quizzical look on Zuzu's face made Daar's chuckles into a loud laugh. But she cut it short and decided to change the subject.

It was the name of some past pet of yours, anyways. You never answered my question.
    Would you like to train with me? I won't promise anything but the fact that eventually you will feel better.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu doesn't answer. Instead, once the adrenaline wore off, his hangover-induced queasiness returned with a vengeance. And since he is being held over the shoulder by a dragonborn, and the trip being a bumpy one, he starts retching and throwing up.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-16 at 07:51 PM.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #976

MonkGuy

Daar quickly stops and helps Zuzu onto the ground, so that he could finish empting the contents of his stomach. Rubbing his back to comfort him much like how her mother did for her. Daar begins to sing softly in Draconic the very same song sung to her. A song to help sooth the mind and body to help him feel better.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After Zuzu pukes all the contents of his stomach out, he actually begins to feel a little better. Physically anyway. On the way back, the dehydrated boy mentally bemoans his lack of physical Constitution and his general wussiness.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-16 at 08:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #978

MonkGuy

Come Zuzu, let's take Ox to the inn, we can check on Zannan before I go to get my armor.

With that, Daar and Zuzu takes Ox to the inn and checks on Zannan. After which Daar goes to Gluteus to see about her armor.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu follows, tottering rather unsteadily and feeling a little dehydrated. After Ox is placed in a bed to recuperate right next to Zanan, he takes a long draught of the inn's water.

With Da'ar gone, Zanan and Mr. Ox incapacitated, and the boy not really having any meaningful interaction with Arkhen and Altiui, there was really no one for him to talk to.

It was so quiet. And so lonely. For the first time in a while, Zuzu has time to finally think and take stock of his situation.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-18 at 09:29 AM.
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Upon waking, and seeing Zanan and Zuzu

says to them:

I'm sorry lads, I thought I could help keep you out of too much danger, instead I just got us into more.

I'm over my head here...

...and I think you are as well.

It's time to go home.

ooc

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After mulling it over, Zuzu concludes that, yes, Mr. Ox was absolutely correct. He owed the Adventurer's League nothing, and joining it has brought him naught but pain. It is best that he returns to his University to finish his education, and perhaps after he has grown physically stronger, set off on an Adventure.

Zuzu gives Da'ar one last hug, and then, climbing on Chichiri with Ox and Zanan for the last time, sets off to the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the game! I'm retiring Zuzu as well. Zuzu apportions the contents of his pack that he doesn't need anymore as follows:

Item Da'ar Arkhen Altiui
    Ocarina of Silence
    Magic Wand
    Scroll of Commune
    Scroll of Silence
    Potion of Healing (2d4+2)
    Platinum Pieces (x60) 20 20 20
    Gold Pieces (x9) 3 3 3
    Now Playing

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

The next day, you hear footsteps. The tiefling bartender is there, with another tiefling next to him. “Hello, adventurers! I had heard that some of your companions have left, and my friend Kythor wishes to join your group. He lost his ability to speak in an, um, unfortunate incident in his past. He communicates with telepathy.” At this, you feel a presence pressing on your mind. It feels similar to Zuzu’s, but this feeling is older and almost hollow. <Hello, adventurers. I am Kythor, tiefling mystic. I can be of great service to your party.>

(<> indicates telepathy)

23. - Top - End - #983

MonkGuy

After Zuzu's departure, Daar goes with a heavy heart and retrieves her armor that Gluteus' blacksmith had made for her and took it back to her room where she commenced putting it on.

The next day, as Daar was eating breakfast and discussing with the others what the next move should be, Daar hears the barkeep come in and intro dude Kythor.

Hello and welcome. Please be patient as it will take a bit to get used to having one speak to us telepathically. We will be happy to have you with us. My name is Daar Myastan servant of Bahamut.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

<I apologize. I would prefer to speak normally, but I cannot. However, I can hear normally, so you may speak to me as you would speak to anyone else>

25. - Top - End - #985

MonkGuy

No, don't apologise. It will take some adjustments. I suppose the good thing about not being able to speak, no wizard or sorcerer can't silence on you.

Daar smiles and hopes that she didn't come across as rude. Daar then looks at Altui.

What do you think we should do as our next step?

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

"Greetings Kythor. I am Altiui. A druid. A lizardfolk." Alitui replies, taking special care of her words.

Looking to Daar she answers, "Go to island, as agreed before."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

<Greetings, Altiui. I have heard of your kind before, but never have I seen a lizardfolk before today>

It’s true, he hasn’t.

28. - Top - End - #988

"Good afternoon, Kythor. My name is Arkhen'su'kiddash, and I am a huntress. Just call me Arkhen, though."

Directing her attention towards the others, she joins the discussion. "But just the three of us - four, now? Or would it be better to see if we can recruit some more assistance beforehand? Might be better to be careful, considering what we could have to deal with on our own."

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989

MonkGuy

Daar mulled over this for a moment. She agonized over it. On one hand they needed to capture and stop the wagon rider, but on the other hand they really do need more people. After a while she finally came to a conclusion.

Let me talk to Gluteus and see if he knows of anyone else that could help, but whatever happens we need to hurry. In the meantime, we should take this time to prepare ourselves, get whatever supplies we need.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

A young man with a confident step swaggers into the common, strides to the bar,"Hello friend, how much is a room?
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2018-01-03 at 12:51 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.