New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

Round 2 summary

The skeleton makes its save.
    The skeleton turns to Jutta and swings its arm. (1d20+4)[13] hit: (1d6+2)[7]. Jutta swings her sword at the skeleton: (1d20+4)[20] hit: (1d8+2)[5]
    Arkhen's eldritch arrow hits. Rashad fires an arrow: (1d20+5)[6] hit: (1d8+3)[5]
    Ornug swings his hammer: (1d20+5)[12] hit: (1d8+3)[8]. Ox's attack hits.
    Two of Daar's attacks hit, the mace and one unarmed.
    Zanan rushes in and hits the skeleton with his hammer.
    The skeleton fails the save.

The skeleton loses its necromantic life the moment Arkhen's arrow pierced it. The ring falls to the ground and rolls to be pointing at Zuzu.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-03 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu shivers, still trembling from the necromantic drain on his life force. How many years of his life was shaved off in the attack? Will he die young now, before his time?

"Thank you," he whispers to his companions.

(1d2)[1]

1: Seized with curiosity, and despite his brain screaming at him to leave well enough alone, the boy picks up the ring that's pointing to him.

2: Not wishing to chance getting any more of his life energy withdrawn, the boy studiously ignores the ring, and instead clambers to his feet.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar calms down and goes to Zuzu, seeing him pick the ring up she crouches next to him placing her hand on him and releases healing energies.

Bahamut grant you a long life little one,
    I don't know much about the arcane, but I think that you should study the ring before you put it on.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-05-04 at 08:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu sighs almost inaudibly, and shudders a little bit as vitality is transferred from Daar's Cure Wounds spell into his small frame. It felt good. Warm... and almost... maternal?

His energy returning, the boy turns his psionic focus inward, augmenting the dragonborn's divinely-inspired healing touch.

Having been rejuvenated, Zuzu gives the Daar a shy smile and nods, making sure he does not slip the ring on his ring. Instead, he clutches it on one hand, and tries to send a probing psionic pulse at the magical artifact.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mend Wounds: spend 1 psi point to regain (1d8)[5] HP.
    Bonus Action to activate Mystical Recovery (regain psi points spent in form of HP).
    Arcana Check on ring. (1d20+7)[15]

Zuzu Greycastle: 25/27 HP (1 THP)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-04 at 09:38 AM.
    Now Playing

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Zuzu
    Show
    You feel a slight chill; not a bad kind of chill, it feels comforting. Then you hear a voice in your head:Ahhh, that's better. What a rush. Wait, whose are these thoughts? I have not felt thought for a century...

Your Arcana check reveals it's out of charges for the day, but what it would normally do is cast the spell Inflict Wounds at 1st level for each charge used.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While part of him is excited at the prospect of handling a magic ring, Zuzu ultimately rejects it. For one, Inflict Wounds require the user to get within melee range - too close for comfort to the frail 11 year old. Second, he didn't really drive much pleasure in inflicting wounds, and doesn't have the stomach to do so day in and day out. Especially after getting a double dose from the dead drow.

Finally making a decision, Zuzu telepathically transmits a thought to the ring: "I'm very sorry, Mr. Ring. But is it okay if I find you a new owner? I don't think I can use you very well, and you deserve better."

Turning them to his companions, he croaks out vocally. "This is a Ring that can cast Inflict Wounds. I... don't think I want to use it. It hurt real bad." Zuzu says haltingly, holding the ring out to anyone with the mental fortitude to do so.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-04 at 11:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

"If nobody else wants the ring, I believe I could find a use for it. But if someone else does want it, that's fine. I don't need it."
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-05-04 at 12:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

9. - Top - End - #129

"You'd say the same thing about any of our magic if you didn't know us very well yet, you know."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu passes the ring into Arkhen's hand, telling her about the ring being out of charges, that recharging occurs at dawn, and to try and avoid expending all charges lest the ring crumbles to dust.

After which, he examines the skeleton's remains for clues. He clearly saw it drop from the ceiling. How did it get up there? Can it fly? Is someone puppeteering it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Investigation: (d20+7)[19]
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-04 at 12:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"I believe he has said the same about mine." Altiui points out.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

He hasn't said that about my magic, Zanan says with a wry smile. What? Don't look at my like that. There's magic in these muscles. As he talks, he flexes his arms in a bicep curl to show off.

Now, as for the ring, I believe I can take care of it if the rest of you don't want it.

Spoiler: If given the ring
    Show
    Zanan will chuck the ring with a side arm front spin as far as he can throw it into the wilderness. If there's a body of water nearby, he'll aim there instead.

However, as he begins to throw, if anyone objects, he'll stop and give it to them.
    Last edited by mgshamster; 2017-05-04 at 09:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    There's magic in these muscles.

(smiles)

"Aye, your strength be powerful magic"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If anyone was watching Zuzu who was still examining the skeleton that nearly killed him, they would notice his shoulders slumping almost imperceptibly when the men began comparing their physical prowess. Clearly, the boy is unhappy at his lack of macho musculature.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-05 at 12:47 AM.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #136

MonkGuy

Daar grabs the ring before it is thrown,she placed it in a pouch and smiles dimly at Zuzu.

I have a brother who would like this ring I tend to send various items and curiosities to them, as for you, don't let their comparisons of their strength let you down, you have a much stronger strength here. Daar places a finger at his head indicating his psionic abilities, You will grow to be stonger than even the strongest of us and that is what you should remember, no one here would have been able to do what you just did and still survive.

Daar makes it obvious to Zuzu that she was talking about how he fought to stay awake long enough to attack after having the life sucked from him.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-05-05 at 08:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zanan, for all his brother love and protectiveness of Zuzu, is completely oblivious to the boy's injured ego.

Instead, he asks Daar, Why will he grow stronger with his head?

Zu, you're a warlock, right? Does that mean that whoever gave you your magic give you more?

Are you afraid of not being strong?

18. - Top - End - #138

MonkGuy

OOC Daar doesn't know he is psionic but is a mage of sorts.

Daar smiles at the question.

Why because of his abilities to harness the arcane, that takes intelligence.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"I think we should not so..." Altiui searches her mind for the word. "easily set aside gifts of power the world puts in our path. I will take the ring if none of you have the intention to use it."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

There is a hole in the ceiling, evidently triggered by the bat flying through, which is where the skeleton fell from.

Arkhen takes the ring.
    Spoiler: Arkhen
    Show
    Are you my new bearer? I have not spoken with one for a hundred years...

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Don't let their comparisons of their strength let you down, you have a much stronger strength here. You will grow to be stronger than even the strongest of us and that is what you should remember, no one here would have been able to do what you just did and still survive.

Daar makes it obvious to Zuzu that she was talking about how he fought to stay awake long enough to attack after having the life sucked from him.
    For a brief moment, a panicked look flashes across the boy's face. The dragonborn, does she know he is a freak? Did the shardmind tell her about it? What will people think of him now?! Hoping to quickly change the topic, young Zuzu decides to try and deceive everyone in that their words of platitude are working very well in cheering him up!

"Thank you, Miss Daar. It's just that, I hate being the weakest. I'm always getting knocked out, and being a liability to everyone. I sure hope you are right!"

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    Zu, you're a warlock, right? Does that mean that whoever gave you your magic give you more?

Are you afraid of not being strong?
    "Umm... my patron only provides pact magic. I'm on my own physically. But, if Miss Daar says I can become strong, maybe I have hope!" Zuzu flashes a fake smile while lying through his teeth.

Spoiler: Opposed Rolls
    Show
    My Performance (1d20+2)[21] vs. your Perception to notice panicked look.
    My Deception (1d20+2)[7] vs. your Insight to notice unnatural willingness to be cheered up.
    Now Playing

22. - Top - End - #142

Spoiler: Ring
    Show
    "It seems that I am. I hope this will turn out a useful partnership for both of us."

Mind Meld with Zuzu: "Relax, kid. As far as I know, there's only one other person here who knows about our particular...weirdness, and she doesn't seem to be telling. The rest know that something's up, of course, but probably not what."

"Sure, maybe you're lacking in physical strength. It's not the only thing that's important, you know. I mean, you've already shown that you can do a fair amount without it."
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-05-06 at 01:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    I tried to direct myself to your young friend because he can talk with his mind like I. It seems that you are the same. Are there many of your kind that can do the same?

24. - Top - End - #144

Spoiler: Ring
    Show
    "In general, no. As far as I know, powers like his or mine only tend to manifest under unusual circumstances. However, among adventurers like us, those circumstances tend to be a fair bit more common, so it's certainly possible that these powers are more typical with us than ordinary people. Even so, I haven't found anything to confirm it either way, so this is all just a guess on my part."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Recap of what's inside, from the perspective of the bat.
    T intersection, branching off to
    -Room with 9 statues
    -Library
    There are no other ways to proceed other than entering the hallway.

Show
    I see... I had never heard of this in my time. The child seemed to be a seeker of knowledge... I chose him over you because he might have been interested in the forbidden lore I possess. A shame.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-07 at 02:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui shrugs and enters, first heading to inspect the statues.

27. - Top - End - #147

MonkGuy

Noticing Zuzu's unwillingness to cheer up Daar places a calming hand on his shoulder.
    Come hatchling, you're much stronger than you believe. Bahamut grants you a strength that may be confusing to you, but trust me, I believe you are going to be like Kriv the runt, my baby brother. Born sickly but grow to be the strongest. Let us go and finish this quest.

Daar then follows Altui into the cave.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9] perception vs Zuzu (1d20+5)[8]in sight vs Zuzu
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-05-07 at 09:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

In the room, you see 9 statues, 8 small ones and one large one. They are on large marble pedestals.
    The small statues are of 8-inch wide golden beholders with 4 stubby eyestalks. The large one is a 6-foot wide silver beholder with 4 long tentacle-like stalks.
    They could be worth as much as 2,000 GP each.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While entering the room, Zuzu nervously looks to the ceiling to see if there are any more skeletons or holes for enemies to ambush him from.

Drain his life twice? Shame on the skeleton. Drain his life three times? Shame on Zuzu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[20]

Once he is certain there are no nasty surprises lurking about, the boy will make a bee-line towards the library, looking for knowledge.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-07 at 11:18 PM.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

(Checks for traps)

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Since Ox doesn't have thieves tools, I have no idea if his "checking" for traps will be effective. Anyway
    A roll (d20)[11]
    Another roll (d20)[4]

""