New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

Altiui is immediately put off by the beholder statues and goes to check out the library instead.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

The library has 4 sets of bookshelves. 2 are up against the walls, and 2 in the middle. Books of many colors cover them.

Flanking the doorway into the room are two 3' tall brown terracotta vases, one carved with the image of a tall skeleton giving a person some fruit, the other with an eye rotated 90 degrees with several circles orbiting it.

Between the 2 central bookshelves you see a small square indentation in the wall in the center of an arch, and, to the right, a lever in the upwards position. On the floor below the lever are small square objects, smaller than the square indentation in the wall, stacked in a pile.

The rightmost bookshelf, against the wall, has a gap in the books. From where you stand you cannot see if it represents anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar walks cautiously into the room towards the indentations in the wall and begin to study both the indentations and the blocks, she also studies the lever for a moment.

Spoiler: Investigation Check
    Show
    (1d20+2)[18]
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-05-14 at 10:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hungry for knowledge, Zuzu rummages through the books on the shelf for anything that titillates the intellect.

Investigation: (d20+7)[11]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

The indentation in the wall can't be more than 900 centimeters squared, 30 cm on each side. There are small outcroppings that pattern the indentation as if it was a game of tic-tac-toe.
    The blocks are all the same size, 100 cm squared, and have images drawn on them of creatures. Small gold beholders with 4 eyestalks, Larger silver ones with the same number of eyestalks. Full-fledged beholders. Skulls with a single eye-hole and 10 floating red spots. There are 81 total.
    The lever seems to work on a pulley system; when pulled, it would lift something in a way similar to a portcullis.

The books all seem to have to do with the arcane arts, specifically Conjuration or Necromancy.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu ignores all books on necromancy and stuffs all conjuration books into his pack. If he can't carry them all, he'll beg Zanan to grab some.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-15 at 01:25 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

There are (1d50)[33] of said books, at 5 pounds each. 165 pounds, which Zuzu can't carry much of. You can carry 3 books.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-15 at 01:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui expects the vases without removing them from the bookshelves, but will touch them to turn them around. If possible, she will look inside of them also without removing them from the shelves. If not, she will remove them from the shelves to do so. In case order matters, she inspects the vase with the rotated eye first.

Spoiler: Rolls if I need them
    Show

Investigation: (1d20+1)[20] + Guidance (1d4)[1] = 21
    Arcana: (1d20+3)[9] + Guidance (1d4)[1] = 10
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-05-15 at 01:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A disappointed Zuzu stuffs the three most well-worn and oldest looking books into his pack. Turning to the barbarian, the boy whispers to Zanan that empty spellbooks sell for 50 gold each. Think how much knowledge-greedy wizards would pay for a full one!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-15 at 02:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

You can't see anything magical about the first vase, and the second has something magical inside.

Turning around the first one, there is an intricate carving of scenes similar to a tapestry: Six humanoid creatures stand in a circle, reaching up to a fruit with a swirling pattern. In the next scene, to the left of the fruit, the skeleton appears again, twice as tall as any of the humanoid creatures, reaching up to grab the fruit for them. They bow before the skeleton, and follow him to a mountaintop. Then, it goes back around to the image of the rotated eye.

Looking inside the first, you find many coins: 60 copper, 35 silver, 10 gold, and 5 platinum.

The other vase has circles in a pattern around it. Starting at the right of the skeleton, pale blue, orange, tan, blood red, brown, white, yellow, and back to the skeleton. With closer inspection, there is a black circle around the skeleton's head.

Looking inside the second, you find a white fruit shaped like a banana. It has a swirling pattern.

Removing the books from the shelf, you hear a click, then a marble rolling. Holes open in the ceiling and 9 skeletons fall down, 3 in each aisle between the shelves. Initiative
    Altiui: (1d20+1)[11]
    Arkhen: (1d20+3)[10]
    Jutta: (1d20+4)[20]
    Ornug: (1d20+1)[18]
    Ox: (1d20+3)[9]
    Rashad: (1d20+3)[6]
    Skeletons: (1d20+2)[19]
    Zanan: (1d20+3)[21]
    Zuzu: (1d20+3)[5]
    Order: Zanan -> Jutta -> Skeletons -> Ornug -> Altiui -> Arkhen -> Ox -> Rashad -> Zuzu
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-15 at 02:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Zanan takes the actions zergrinch suggested.

Jutta runs in and slashes a skeleton. (1d20+4)[18] hit: (1d8+2)[8] if crit (1d8)[6]

Three skeletons shamble up to Daar. They slash her with their shortswords.
    (1d20+4)[15] hit: (1d6+2)[3] if crit (1d6)[4]
    (1d20+4)[9] hit: (1d6+2)[6] if crit (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+4)[5] hit: (1d6+2)[5] if crit (1d6)[4]
    One attacks Zuzu, as it landed right next to him.
    (1d20+4)[12] hit: (1d6+2)[6] if crit (1d6)[1]
    Two fight back against their attackers (Zanan and Jutta)
    Zanan (1d20+4)[16] hit: (1d6+2)[6] if crit (1d6)[2]
    Jutta (1d20+4)[24] hit: (1d6+2)[6] if crit (1d6)[3]
    Three shamble towards the doorway, Rashad, and Ornug.

Ornug takes a swing with his hammer
    (1d20+5)[18] hit: (1d8+3)[4] if crit (1d8)[3]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Shoots a crossbow bolt at a skeleton that's attacking Daar

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    [B]Attack:(d20+8)[23]
    Damage:(d8+4)[7]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[6]]/B]

13. - Top - End - #163

MonkGuy

Taking the hit from the first skeleton, Daar quickly and nimbly dodged the attacks of the other two. She inhales deeply , the air around her getting extremely cold, anyone looking at her can see what appears to be frost forming around her mouth and neck as she exhales a plume of draconic frost comes from her mouth hitting all three skeletons.

Spoiler: Frost Breath
    Show
    (2d6)[3]cold dmg type, 15 ft cone DC 8+con mod+ prof. (8+2+2=12) 2d6 dmg on fail 1/2 on safe.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Truth be told, the young boy has had enough of undead trying to take chunks out of him.

As he nimbly dodges the skeleton's slash, the boy suddenly thrusts his hand towards the thing's face. "You should just stay dead, you worthless piece of [string of rude expletives learned from Ossian]!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrating on: Mantle of Command. If Zuzu ends his turn without moving, use his reaction to allow any ally within 30 feet to move at half speed.

Action: Ego Whip, spending 3 psi points. Skeleton must make DC15 INT save (1d20)[11] or take (3d8)[12] damage and be filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.

Zuzu regains 3 HP. He is now at full HP 27/27 with 1 temporary HP.

Zuzu has not moved; anybody who wishes to make an additional move at half speed, feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-17 at 02:24 AM.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui tries her best to back out of the room and goes with her classic "freeze it and spit acid" maneuver.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming Altiui isn't already in melee range with any skeletons she'll back up as far as she can.
    Frostbite on a random skeleton that's in melee range of someone (or if she is in melee with one, then that one): DC 14 Con save for (1d6)[1] cold damage and disadvantage on next weapon attack.

Bonus action using Acid Spit on a different random skeleton bother someone (or her): (1d20+3)[20]
    if hit: (2d4)[3] acid damage
    if crit: (2d4)[2]

16. - Top - End - #166

Arkhen will get as far away from the skeletons as possible, before placing a Hex on the most injured-looking one attack Daar and firing an arrow at it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Bonus action Hex, action for Eldritch Arrow.

(1d20+7)[9]
    (1d10+3)[11]
    (1d6)[4]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yheaaah! Zanan bellows out as he swings his hammer.

Attack! (1d20)[11]
    Reckless! (1d20)[13]
    Damage! (2d6+13)[17]

Bonus Attack! (1d20)[10]
    Reckless! (1d20)[19]
    Damage! (2d6+13)[20]

Ooc: Using GWM

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Summarizing all actions after Ornug's turn, plus Jutta's, the skeletons, and Ornug's from the second round

Daar's frost breath manages to affect 2 of the 3 skeletons, dealing (2d6)[5] cold damage and half against the one who made it.

Ox's arrow hits, killing one on Daar.

Altiui's acid hits a skeleton in melee. The save for the frostbite is made.

Arkhen's arrow misses.

Rashad fires an arrow at the skeleton attacking Zuzu: (1d20+5)[11] hit: (1d8+3)[11] crit: (1d8)[4] MISS

Zuzu's ego whip hits, defeating the skeleton if Rashad's arrow hits.

Zanan's first attack obliterates the skeleton, and the second swings for good measure.

Jutta attacks the skeleton she attacked before. (1d20+4)[19] hit: (1d8+2)[9] crit: (1d8)[3] KILL

The skeletons' turn. First of all, if the skeleton that attacked Zuzu is alive, it will disengage and go around to the other side of the bookshelf.
    A skeleton attacks Zanan. (1d20+4)[14] hit: (1d6+2)[4] crit: (1d6)[5]
    The skeleton Altiui hit with her acid attacks her. (1d20+4)[10] hit: (1d6+2)[8] crit: (1d6)[3]
    Daar takes 3 more attacks.
    (1d20+4)[15] hit: (1d6+2)[3] crit: (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+4)[16] hit: (1d6+2)[5] crit: (1d6)[1]
    Ornug takes an attack from one (1d20+4)[20] hit: (1d6+2)[8] crit: (1d6)[2] HIT
    The last one drops its shortsword and fires an arrow at Rashad. (1d20+4)[24] hit: (1d6+2)[6] crit: (1d6)[2] HIT

Ornug attacks the skeleton that attacked him. (1d20+5)[17] hit: (1d8+3)[10] crit: (1d8)[3] KILL

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-23 at 08:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Making his way behind the struggling dragonborn, Zuzu looks maliciously at the skeletons assaulting her.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" the boy intones as he sends a pulse of psionic power at the most-damaged skeleton.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move next to Da'ar, staying away from melee range of any skeleton.
    Bonus Action: Switch focus to psionic assault: +2 damage to any damage from psychic talents
    Action: Mind Thrust. Skeleton must succeed on DC15 INT save (1d20)[18] or take (d10+2)[11] psychic damage.

Well drat. Unless skeletons have -4 INT modifiers, that's a miss.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-18 at 09:33 PM.
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Shoots another crossbow bolt at a skeleton that's attacking Daar

Show
    Attack:(d20+8)[15]
    Damage:(d8+4)[10]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[8]

21. - Top - End - #171

MonkGuy

Taking the hits from the skeletons, Daar pulls out her mace and attacks one of the skeletons, with the quickness and practiced moves of a martial artist, Daar followed the attack with two more.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+4)[7] if hit [roll1d8+2[/roll]Flurry of Blows: 1 ki point to make two additional unarmed strikes.(1d20+4)[10] if hit (1d4+4)[5] second blow (1d20+4)[12]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

Altiui, aggravated by having a skeleton up in her face, tries again to freeze it. If it falls, she'll back up as far away as she can again.

Spoiler
    Show

Frostbite again. DC 14 Con save for [roll0] cold damage and disadvantage on attack roll.

If the skeleton drops, she moves back another 30 feet.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"How peculiar," Zuzu thinks, as the entire world freezes to a halt around him. He tries to look around, but finds his neck and eye muscles unable or unwilling to move. He tries to send a thought to Zanan, but only finds a black void. Zuzu is truly, truly alone in a world that has stopped.
    Now Playing

24. - Top - End - #174

Arkhen continues to fire at her Hexed target, with the knowledge that she has to hit a shot eventually.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d10+3)[5]
    (1d6)[5]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Daar's attacks all miss.

The skeleton fails the save for (1d6)[3] damage.

Ox kills one of the skeletons attacking Daar (1 remaining)

Arkhen's arrow hits, killing the skeleton.

Rashad takes a shot at his skeleton. (1d20+5)[12] hit: (1d8+3)[4] crit: (1d8)[3]

[OOC] Yeah, Skeletons have a -2 int modifier. They would have to be level -12 I guess to be able to have a -2 proficiency modifier.
    The skeleton makes the save for Zuzu's attack.

26. - Top - End - #176

MonkGuy

Daar swings her mace at the remaining skeleton in front of her with determine force, she will not allow anything let alone an undead creature to attack her and live to tell the tale.

Spoiler: attack roll
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14] if hit (1d8+2)[3]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

Having, temporarily at least, lessened the threat of the skeleton in front of her, she tries to freeze another skeleton in melee with someone.

Spoiler
    Show

Frostbite, targeting a skeleton in melee with whichever ally is surrounded by the most or looks the most wounded. DC 14 Con save for (1d6)[4] cold damage and disadvantage on attack roll.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu continues to press the assault on the most heavily-damaged skeleton, although the boy is somewhat confused why they have stopped trying to hurt him and his companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC15 Intelligence Save to avoid (d10+2)[10] damage.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-27 at 07:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Shoots another crossbow bolt at a skeleton that's attacking Daar

Show
    Attack:(d20+8)[18]
    Damage:[roll] d8+4[/roll]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[8]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground