New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons 5e (The Darkest Hour)

Agatha stays quiet throughout the tour while studying the mansion from a 'conflict-resolution' perspective. Her only personal interest was in the kitchen and the late-night raids she would be performing. "Not what I expected, it's not bad at all. Not much in the way of fancy frills, bells, and whistles. Curtains are a nice touch, give me poor eyes a rest. I like it! When we've got some time I'd still like to talk 'bout security matters."

Agatha would chose the room nearest Karash's, no matter where they stayed. This served the purpose of being available, for any sudden and inexplicable bloodshed, at a moments notice. Agatha rubbed her bald head, thinking she'd sleep under the damn elf's bed if need be. After properly cleaning herself up to keep appearances, which Agatha knew well was important, she had no other business before leaving for the palace.

This was it, Agatha had her best royal guard face on. She didn't want to seem too off-putting, so she kept her demeanor somewhere around 'the drow lady is the only thing keeping everyone in this room alive' kind of look on her face. She shot an extra displeasing look at the desk-creature for holding up her 'master'.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Agatha would like to assist Karash in her intimidation check, giving her advantage. (roll twice, take the higher roll)
    Last edited by XIII; 2017-05-17 at 10:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karash, Indigo and Agatha

The receptionist jumps with wide eyes looking at Karash, the seems taken aback when she realizes your a drow. Then she looks confused for a second and her eyes widen slightly once she registers that you said you were the heir. She regains co.posure, stands of and gives a respectful bow.

Spoiler: karash perception check.
    Show
    Yeah.

"Oh but of course, i hope you pardon the rudeness, it has been almost a decade since the last heir tried to make their claim. Here let me look at wh-"

She trails off when she opens the folder and looks at the perfectly legitamate paperwork... she may have been expecting fake paperwork. She closes it and opens the desk way to get out from her desk.

"If you would follow me. Your royal guard may join."

She immedietly turns to lead you sll towards the current office of the suzersain. Once we all arrive, she stops and knocks twice then opens tye door to the office.

If you were expecting some fat corrupt looking man, then you were surprised. It was a fit auburn haired man who wore white formal clothes, they looked thin and snug as if means to be worn under armor. There was a suit of full plate armor in the corner with a bastard sword and a shield presented with it. There was but one book shelf filled with books as he hastily scrawls away at his own note book. He glances up as the receptionist bows respectfuly and announces you.

"Lady Karash and her royal guard have arrived claiming rightful Heir to Odal. Their paperwork is legitamate. Signed by the head of security."

The man grasps his own hand infront of his face as if pondering. His gaze does not look amused. Then he nods.

"Welcome to my city. I am Bagamnan. I trust you still have the paperwork dear?"

The receptionist hands him tge paperwork. He opens it up and looks through it. He closes it and leaves it on his desk.

"So it seems you are not mistaken. Well, as it says in the declaration you must reside here until procedures have been....fully prepared. I shall have my receptionist lead you to the Heirs quarters and you may set yourselves up there. Hopefully we can double check and cite this claim and then make preperations for a crowning ceremony."

With that the receptionist bows and motions you ro follow her to the Hrirs quarters, unless you still have business here.

Namfrung

The orc's body quickly become covered in horrible and fatal looking gashes as he drops down dead. Once the best fighters are down, the humans drop their weapons and hold their hands up, now vastly outnumbered. Reks takes advantage and two arrows find their way into their thtoats. Quickly dropping them and killing the rest.

The woman took steps back and dropped to her knees, she began to openly weep in fear now. She seemed to believe that she was out of the frying pan and into the oven.

Nalla, Gem and Erica

Some sounds here and there but no one seems to hear any of you. Even the statue sounds relatively quiet. You find yourselves being led down a hallway. You all stop, there is a door on the side wall that is open. Your guide motions that we want to go straight, past the door. She lets the more observant pass her to take a peak and see if it is safe to pass the doorway.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-05-23 at 06:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Somewhat unnerved by the lack of sound, the teenaged half-elf bard nonetheless takes point.

Perception: (d20+6)[23]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #124

Gem seems to have it covered so Erica will stand nearby silently and wait for him to relay whether proceeding is safe or not.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Mansion
    Show

Karash nods at all the ideas that are offered and gives instructions to have them started. She hesitates for a moment when it comes to the library, clearly having to force herself to part with that concession. "Yes. You may use the library... with care." She doubts Indigo will do anything to her books, but she prefers to remind than say nothing.

"The game is on," Karash whispers to her companions, feeling the onset strain of stress in her shoulders and neck. "I'm pretty sure the news about this will spread in record time and to the highest bidder."

When they arrive at the office, Karash tilts her head in quiet greeting at the current Suzerain. "I believe you will instruct me in good time about the current affairs of Odal, to ensure a seamless change of office. Also, I expect I will be adequately protected by the castle's watch? My personal guard is impeccable and loyal, but I'd rather not have them enact their abilities quite this early. And I think we all know how highly the likes of that will be in Odal. Good day, Suzerain."

She gives a glance and hand movement to let her companions speak if they wish to do so, but otherwise is fine with being led to their quarters. There is a discussion she still has to have with them.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show

Perception check, I guess? (1d20+3)[14]

Insight on Bagamnan (1d20+3)[8]

6. - Top - End - #126

MonkGuy

Nalla waits quietly, she knows that stealth is not her strong suit, but she is very patient. She tightens her grip on her hammers waiting to get moving.

We need to hurry, this mission is very important, me must get the gates open.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Indigo examines the people around them, looking for any signs that they're about to try and kill them right then and there. If nothing of the sort occurs, she just silently follows Lady Karash.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-05-28 at 12:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Karash, Agatha and Indigo

The suzerain bows slightly with a hidden grin. As you are led out of the office he speaks.

"Of course my lady. These men here swore an oath to secure this city for its rightful and true leader. Naturally, i am quite busy today but tomorrow we can sit down and discuss current affairs. I will have guards posted outside your rooms. Your room is quite high in the palace so unwanted visitors through the window is highly unlikely. Enjoy your stay."

Right now it doesnt look as if anyone has taken any special notice in you. Though you are all sure eord is already spreading very quickly. The receptionist bows respectfully to Lady Karash.

"Right this way my lady."

She leads you to a large door which she opens. It leads to a lift. As we all enter she pulls the switch and fiddles with the confusingly set up aparatus that controlls the lift. You expected stairs, something like this. You arent sure if you have seen before. The door closes and the lift jerks up and then smoothly continues upward. This takes about 60 seconds. The oalace was rather tall, the doors open and you see a hallway that appeared even more regal than the main palace. Nearly everything was trimmed in gold and jewels. They all looked real. As the door opened all you see infront of you is a beautiful golden hallway with such thin and beautiful silk draped along the wall. The silk looked so delicate that you fesred simply touching it would damage it.

There was a single door at the very end of the hall. The receptionist leads you down the hall up to the door. She opens the door and you find a study. A main working office. Styled much like the hallway. It became obvious that the saying that Odal is the richest city in the entire world... wasnt so far fatched. The wood of the table was made of an almost black type of oak that grey only in the center continent before the undead uprising.. naturally everything is tripped in gold and jewels. Even the books and their pages had gold trimmings to them.

This place sure abused its wealth. There are doors on the east and west side, leading to different halls. The eastern wing led to the library, a training room, a dining room and it even has its own kitchen with staff. To the western wing are the royal living quarters the last room is the royal bedroom. A large massive bedroom larger thsn most peoples houses. Everything was decorated the same. It was a thiefs dream come true.

Nalla Erica and Gemzelett

As Gem takes point you efficiently and masterfully peek the corner. There just seems to be a doorway with no door now that you are close. You see three necromancers and a zombie for each one. They are havent noticed but are walking directly towards you!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

GROUP ONE

Zemzelett quickly studies the necromancers and their thralls before pulling his head back.

"3 necromancers with pets heading this way. Ambush?" he whispers to his companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[13]. Are the necromancers wearing metal armor or holding anything metallic?
    Ready Action: If ambush is sprung, shoot a light crossbow to the face of the closest necromancer. (1d20+4)[23] to hit. (1d6+2)[6] on hit, plus (1d6)[3] on crit.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-06-08 at 04:31 AM.
    Now Playing

10. - Top - End - #130

MonkGuy

Nalla grips her hammers tightly grinning for the coming battle, an ambush sounds good, she hates what these necromancers did to her land and they would pay for it in their blood.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Indigo Coluber
    Yuan-ti Pureblood Mystic (Wu Jen)
    Psionic Focus: Wood & Earth
    Concentrating on: --

Indigo looks around, pretty impressed by the way this place just emanates the concept of wealth. "This is... very impressive." she says to the others, consciously making an effort not to extend her s sounds in this place. Then she notices the books and almost gets completely distracted from their task. After reading the title of one of them, she remembers this is a dangerous place they haven't done anything to secure and returns to a more alert state.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-06-08 at 01:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

The contraption that lead them upwards was... fascinating. Yet it seemed frail. She would have to find out its details at some point.
    Karash let herself be lead around with a frown on her face. All this lavishness... useless. Gaudy. It had no sense and purpose other than hurt her eyes with its brightness. She tried to take it all in and take a guess where all the secret doorways must be that rooms like this surely must have. "I want to meet the staff, as soon as possible. These useless nick-nacks will go, I don't care where. And I need heavy drapes covering the windows." She rubbed her brow, by the gods, she wouldn't have expected her day to go this way.
    Karash spared a glance for Indigo, who had beelined to the books. What she wouldn't give for a comfortable evening with one of these tomes curled up without worrying...
    "My royal guard will be with me at all times. I need them set up in my... bedroom." If you could call it that. The place was a whole home in itself.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Perception with what I'm pretty sure is disadvantage with all the brightness
    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d20+3)[14]

13. - Top - End - #133

"An ambush is a fabulous idea, but maybe we can hide from them and then sneak past?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Agatha followed along while trying to look the part of 'royal guard'. The lift was shoddy at best, Agatha felt unsafe on the presumably human-made thing, "Literally any dwarf could do better than this..."

The lavish halls with their jewels, gold, and silk made Agatha's stomach turn a bit. She loved gold as much as the next dwarf, but this was a bit much. Duergar in particular didn't care for fancier things, they cared more for functionality and efficiency. "Somebody be compensatin' fer somethin', me thinks..." Agatha couldn't help but reach out and brush her hands against the silk as they walked through the palace.

15. - Top - End - #135

Agatha, Karash and Indigo.

Ill wont give you a disadvantage. No open windows shine in any real light to reflect the gold and overdone place. You can easily see some...discrepencies within the architecture. Underneath all of the over the top decorations you could notice slight...faults it would appear. One of the pictures on the main hall stick only slightly farther away from the wall. One of the silk tapestries flutters slighrly less, as if something unseen is pressed behind.

Once inside the main dining area. You notice a floor grate, used for ventilation... the grste is larger and seems loosely shut. Normal eyes would miss the subtle differences. The crew wuarters have no such discrepencies. Your room... you dont know where to start. The wall behind your bed, has a slightly more eorn look to it. You can plainly see a trap door under the bed. You ste almost sure the closet will have something.

These are merely basic observations. These descrepencies could turn out to be nothing. Maybe the wall behond thr bed had a picture over it for years. Only one thing was absolute, there was a small door under the bed. As for the rext, you think you eill have time to search. The guide bows.

"Of course your majesty. The staff have veen freshly selected and are peepared to start tonorrow but i can have them here in a matter of minutes should it please you. Right away, as we speak, preperations are being made to bring living aco.odations for your royal guard. There is plenty of space here after all. "

She stands there smiling... you arent sure but you have the feeling the staff have alreadu just been informed and living acommodations ate being brought up. Because she isnt moving. She seems to be waiting. As if on queue a flood of servants file into the main dining area. Three cooks, three maids and a single master butler/overseeing servant. They await your guidance as three more men appear hefting unbuolt wooden frames and begin assembling beds in the far corner of the room.

Nalla, Erica and Gemzellet

As the group silently discusses their course of action, rime quickly dwindles. If they wish to habe the element of surprise than they need to attack as soon as possible. If they wish to hide and allow them to sneak by then you must fall back into the darkness. As it stands, you eill not be able to avoid detection. But wait, precious time is bought! The lead necromancer stops and breathes in deeply.

1st: "Do you feel that? The arch lich approaches...from...the north? No that camt be right
    He hasnt passef through here to head north... maybe he took a differemt route."

2nd: Why would he bother going to the front? So what if they won their first battle? They just sent the weakest of us. Soon they will be crushed under our and their dead.

Zombie: uhhhngggnuhhh.

3rd: Shut up you. Lets go. No sense talking here. Prepare to recieve our arch lich Lucien.

16. - Top - End - #136

MonkGuy

Nalla grips her hammers tighter, and quietly backs up into the darkness, it is clear to any who is watching that she intends to attack but is going to wait for them to get closer, or pass by them.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Indigo Coluber

Indigo studies each of the people before them, most checking for signs that they're anything more than they'd appear. She's looking for things like the way they stand, to see if they're trained in combat, or other things like the way they look at the Lady Karash, Agatha, and herself. Also how well kept they are. Basically any details she can put together to give herself a picture of the truth of these people.

Spoiler
    Show

Investigation: (1d20+5)[20]
    Insight: (1d20+1)[10]

18. - Top - End - #138

Erica steps back with Nala. Confronting an Arch-Lich sounds like bad news if one is on his way here now.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zemzelett shakes his head. Waiting sounds like a bad idea. If they spring the ambush now, then they will have time to thin down the ranks of necromancers and zombies before the Archlich arrives. If they wait for them to meet, the battle becomes much harder.

But, he acquiesces to his companions, and attempts to meld into the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (d20+4)[15]
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #140

MonkGuy

Nalla quickly writes a message in the dust telling her companion's to concentrate their attacks on the necromancers, she would worry about the undead, don't attack until they passed by.

21. - Top - End - #141

Erica nods the affirmative to Nalla.

22. - Top - End - #142

Nalla, Gem and Erica

Spoiler: Its now or never. roll your surprise attacks at an advantage.
    Show

Stone Child:(1d20+4)[9]

(1d12+5)[7]

Karash, Agatha and Indigo

Spoiler: Fysa
    Show
    Im just moving their story along. Ill post yours when karash and Agatha respond.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-06-20 at 05:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Spoiler: stone child 2nd roll.
    Show
    Forgot the advantage.

(1d20+4)[22]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zemzelett nods as the group decides to spring the attack now. Taking aim at the nearest necromancer, he unloads his crossbow bolts at the wizard's chest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Crossbow bolt to the chest.
    Attack roll with advantage: (1d20+4)[15] (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5] piercing.
    Critical Hit: (1d8)[8]

Zemzelett will use Cutting Words to reduce one of the Necromancers' initiative roll by (d6)[1]
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #145

MonkGuy

Nalla swings both hammers first one than the other at the nearest necromancer.

Spoiler
    Show
    1st roll (1d20+5)[18]. 2nd roll (1d20+5)[17] second hammer rolls 1st roll (1d20+5)[6]. 2nd roll (1d20+5)[6] if hit (1d8+5)[11] second hammer [roll[1d8+5[/roll]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Karash is unsure about the speed with which information travels here. Magic? Spies in the walls? It makes her aware that speaking in this room makes even whispers hard to cover. It all reminded her too much of her upbringing and she felt the cloying paranoia creep up the back on her neck. Focusing on the staff, she crosses her arms and lets a cool gaze travel over them, noting details, remembering their faces and stature.
    "I am Lady Karash and it seems you are to serve me. If you are diligent and loyal, I am not hard to please. I do not require fancy or lavish meals, it is enough to serve a healthy meal for three..." She glances at the dwarf and how her eyes light up at the thought of food and sighs. "...four people at the regular hours. That is all for the moment. You are free to speak to either me or my royal guard, but do not pester me with unnecessary trivialities."
    Then she leans down toward her companions and mutters under her breath, hand shielding her mouth, "Everything is filled with secret passages. I suggest we speak in a servant's room or a balcony. Soon."

Spoiler: Checks
    Show

Because Indigo had the right idea:
    Investigation (1d20+4)[20]
    Insight (1d20+3)[14]

And to find out if there is possibly magic involved, Arcana (1d20+6)[12]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Indigo Coluber

Indigo says nothing, but replies telepathically, "If you wish to communicate privately, there is no more private means than like this. Simply give me an indication such as extending two fingers in my direction or to the ground or your chin and I will touch your mind so we might do so."

Aloud she softly comments, "I would not particularly mind trying out a few fancy meals."

28. - Top - End - #148

Indigo and Karash

There is no magic involved but there are speaker looking objects in the corner of the room. It doesnt seem hidden resmmy but it could be missed. Being the same color of the wall. The servants do not show anything out of the ordinary except the master butler. He stands with ultimate authority and confidence. He doesnt seem to be a regular butler.

He seems far....more educated and fiercely intelligent simply by the look of his eyes. He bows his head slightly as he makes a signal with his hand. The other servants look at him as he signals several different things with his hands. Then the servants nod and they quickly move, starting to remove the over the top decorations. The master butler steps forward.

"I am Mr. Bouldersrich. I am the master butler. My ultimate goal is to merely be the perfect butler. Merely utter your will and it shall be done majesty. Now as im sure you have already noticed. Like almost every royal quarters... there are secret passages. There is a speaker there dor communication. It is there incase assassins break in... we can hear and act as quickly as possible. It will also be used to spy on you."

Almost as if he heard your thoughts.

"The servant quarters is most secure. Im not sure what impression you have of residents of the palace but i assure you...you are not alone in this building. If you need to contact... anyone....inform me. I will be happy to provide that service. I can show you the secret massages, safe room and any....weaknesses in the royal suite. Naturally we have nothing to fear from the palace staff, as that would look terrible on the reputation on the ruling authority of Odal.

Thry stopped using servants to assassinate people a few years back. It made it easier to overthrow the current suzerain. Our threats will most likely come from outside but there still exists the possibility that just to get rid of you... they will revert to older methods as well. So its best to plan for everything. Shall we?"

He gives a slight wink with a sly grin.

Nalla, Erica and Gemzellet

Gemzellet, you loose your bolt abd at first you are certain you must have missed... you...dont see your bolt sticking out. Then it quickly becomes obvious. The bolt shot straight through the 2nd necromancer's skull... he takes a step and freezes. There is that few instants of confusion and shock within the rest. His face slacks like he had a stroke as his body crumples into the ground. Two of the zombies fall to the ground. The other two necromancers still havent realized whats going on as one' upper torso torns into a mess of mush and meat chunks spilling out in every direction.

Everyone gets meat chunks on them but none more so than Nalla. The hammer obliterates the necromancer. The last one, eyes wide in shock. You could all hear is plea.

"No wait! Please do-"

The black star collides with the side of the necromancer's head. It was likesmashing an egg. His head practically warps around the morningstar. The swing launches an eye as the eye hits Nalla in the forehead. The rage had already set in but for somereason the eye distracted you... you have a fighting chance. You ferl your hammers try to consime your will and force you to fight your own allies. You lowered your guard and the spirit of the weapon struck. Hopefully it fails.

Spoiler: Nalla!
    Show
    Will save. Christ dont fail this. I reaaaaly dont want to kill anyone yet. XD

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Nalla! What's wrong?! Get a hold of yourself!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action to give Bardic Inspiration to Nalla. Add (1d6)[3] to her Wisdom save.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-06-29 at 07:31 AM.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #150

MonkGuy

Feeling the rage setting in as she swung her hammers she kills the necromancers, she looks around to find the next enemy, but not sure of who is friend and who is foe, she looks at her companion's.

Spoiler: wisdom check
    Show
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll] considering the eye's distraction I'm assuming I might get an advantage on this roll? If so here's the second roll,
    if not ignore the roll. (1d20+3)[23]
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-06-29 at 07:53 AM.