New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Please help me Optimizing this Double Bladed Sword Dervish

Hello guys! A friend of mine is going to DM and I decided to make a Dervish because I love the concept, but the only books allowed are: Core Books plus Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Divine.

To speed things up, in his game using a double weapon let you apply 1.5x Str Mod for both ends of the double weapon, so my focus is a Strength-based character (although I need high dex for twf-line)

The stats are some kind of weird array: 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11

Here's my plan:

Str 16, Dex 16 (lvl-up here) Con 14 Int 13 Wis 12 Cha 11

Feats:

*DBS = double bladed sword

human: EWP (DBS)
    1: TWF
    3: Dodge
    Fighter 1: WF (DBS)
    Fighter 2: Combat Expertise
    Fighter 4: Weapon Specialization (DBS))
    Fighter 6: Mobility
    6: Power Attack
    9: ITWF
    12: GTWF

The game is starting on 5th-level and my idea is to do something like Fighter 6 Exotic Weapon Master 1 Dervish 10 Tempest 3

EWM to get the flurry of blows, it should be awesome with Thousand Cuts.

Why ITWF on level 9? Because I won't have a +1 dex tome by level 6 and I won't have dexterity 17 on level 6. I could start with Str 15 and Dex 17 but I just don't feel comfortable making a Str-based Fighter with a +2 modifier to Attack and damage rolls (and no, he won't let me start with a gaunglet of ogre power +1). Also, the idea of the character is to be a strong and attractive blonde human from a norse-like kingdom. Although I like to optimize, I hate playing with monkey-looking characters or kobolds or whatever just for the build to be the best, I still like to keep the flavour.

I like raw damage. His campaigns always have a lot of undeads and I don't want to make an "obscure" build involving Scout 1/Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 2/Highland Stalker 2/Dervish XX
    And yeah I read the entire handbook twice yesterday.
    Our group is small, consisting of a blaster sorcerer, a ninja, and a support cleric. So they need a brute mass of muscles. I'm not making another precision-based character for the group and I'm looking for something different than the two-handed greataxe/greatsword big stupid fighter (I'm kinda tired of playing with those weapons).

The only reason I got EWP: double bladed sword is because it will apply x1.5 Str Mod in both ends of the weapons, thus making it very decent and viable from my point of view, along with weapon specialization (which from what I know everyone dislike) I'm pulling out a 1d8+6 with both ends in a single round at level 5.

Any thoughts on this build? Im opened to ideas to make the character better but I don't want to change the race, I want it to be human.

Sorry for the long post. I'd like to cover everything I think it would be asked, so here we are.

Thanks in advance to everyone.
    Last edited by Silfazaris; 2017-04-10 at 07:04 AM.