The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Tell you what, Gunhaven give me a sense motive check.
    Sense Motive!? (1d20+35)[53]
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Bluff (1d20+37)[45]

I'll let it stick then, ignore the positive energy damage.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-02-21 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #273

So how are things?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Truthfully I don't know how the two abilities interact but figured I'd mix up the rock throwing with something else.

That and give Darshee more opportunities to blow through spells.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

... is everyone still alive? We still have a golem to deal with, plus the one on ice.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-03-22 at 07:25 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

6. - Top - End - #276

I'm still alive. I'm waiting for people I believe. I'll post today.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Shoot, my bad. I'll get a post up today at some point after checking what all I can do.

8. - Top - End - #278

Hey Gunhaven, next time include a DC with what you roll. I'm having trouble finding it on your sheet.

I'm assuming it's 29 for now,

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quick Sense Motive: Is Nyna still laboring under the suggestion, or did that expire when the demoness left?
    Sense Motive: (1d20+23)[31]
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of suggestion: would she be considered willing when I do some brain surgery via scroll?
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2018-03-30 at 07:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

*Dusts off thread*

When we asked for further details when they would theoretically be available (read her diary, tried to check for her friends), we got a no (you got vague when we continued reading on her diary after the first blob, we were told none of her friends were local). While this is understandable (long sets of details are time-consuming, which is part of why the law of conservation of detail exists), it means that I've got little-to-no details to work with when talking to her.
    When based on "no details available", I later tried a diplomacy check to try and see about convincing her to go home, you made it clear enough that would be ineffective. Don't like Diplomancy? That's fine, it's very abusable. But that leaves me needing to convince folks via IC chat, which requires either details or assumptions about things.
    So while convincing her to go home, I'm stuck with assumptions based on what I know of the nature of the actors involved. And I'm being consistently told what amounts to "no, that's wrong".

Illven: Where am I going wrong? Do you intend for the girl to be unconvinceable here? Should I be making a reactive DC 25 Sense Motive check to find out that she's actually under an enchantment and that the reason everyone's insistent she's not is because they used Detect Magic / Arcane Sight or similar and she's under a Greater Magic Aura so it doesn't show?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-05-18 at 06:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    *Dusts off thread*

When we asked for further details when they would theoretically be available (read her diary, tried to check for her friends), we got a no (you got vague when we continued reading on her diary after the first blob, we were told none of her friends were local). While this is understandable (long sets of details are time-consuming, which is part of why the law of conservation of detail exists), it means that I've got little-to-no details to work with when talking to her.
    When based on "no details available", I later tried a diplomacy check to try and see about convincing her to go home, you made it clear enough that would be ineffective. Don't like Diplomancy? That's fine, it's very abusable. But that leaves me needing to convince folks via IC chat, which requires either details or assumptions about things.
    So while convincing her to go home, I'm stuck with assumptions based on what I know of the nature of the actors involved. And I'm being consistently told what amounts to "no, that's wrong".

Illven: Where am I going wrong? Do you intend for the girl to be unconvinceable here? Should I be making a reactive DC 25 Sense Motive check to find out that she's actually under an enchantment and that the reason everyone's insistent she's not is because they used Detect Magic / Arcane Sight or similar and she's under a Greater Magic Aura so it doesn't show?
    My logic for none of her friends are local, would be her friends would likely be in the same social circles. High nobles and princes and princesses (from unconnected kingdoms) All of which have their own domains and thus are very unlikely to be in the capital.

You keep trying to convince her that Helena was a awful terrible person. The plain truth is that Nyna doesn't care. She's not a good person, she's neutrally aligned as long as she doesn't see Helena butchering innocents she's not really too concerned.

She's not unconvinceable, I mean for one you have the option of trying to get Nyna to develop a crush on you. Trying to show that Helena never really loved her. Disguising yourself as Helena and then doing 2.

13. - Top - End - #283

Gunhaven, which her do you mean?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Gunhaven, which her do you mean?
    The one I asked about. The Priestess. Worried about save DC's and Hit Dice for things like "A scroll of sleep" and such.

15. - Top - End - #285

As a nitpick, since dominated creatures still eat and sleep and such normally, you could not have her meditate for a day, merely several hours.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

As a nitpick, since dominated creatures still eat and sleep and such normally, you could not have her meditate for a day, merely several hours.
    Which is fine. Several hours is almost certainly plenty of lead time, especially considering that we'll be using Shadow Walk.

Edit: OOOh!!! I have stone shape prepared. Are the walls and floors here mostly rock? That'd be an EXCELLENT way to block the door.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-07-03 at 02:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Which is fine. Several hours is almost certainly plenty of lead time, especially considering that we'll be using Shadow Walk.

Edit: OOOh!!! I have stone shape prepared. Are the walls and floors here mostly rock? That'd be an EXCELLENT way to block the door.
    Sorry I completed missed the edit. Yes the walls and floors are stone.

If you go with your original plan how do you plan to wall the door from inside?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry I completed missed the edit. Yes the walls and floors are stone.

If you go with your original plan how do you plan to wall the door from inside?
    Original plan? She's going to have a bed of some form simply because of keeping up appearances or for when she wanted to seduce someone. Silence the room, then use that to block the door.

New plan? Silence the room, Stone Shape to put 23 cubic feet of floor in front of the door as one solid slab of stone (and I can verify floor thickness with the Ring of X-Ray vision and dipping my head a little ways into it if needed). Seven feet by three feet by one foot would be 21 cubic feet, and would completely cover most doors. Plus would be a pain to knock down.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

If it'd help then I could always give you an extra standard action for the next three rounds at a time. I'm just going to start some whispering campaigns to help drop Helena's reputation among everyone since afaik I can just spam it with all my bardic musics.

20. - Top - End - #290

Original plan? She's going to have a bed of some form simply because of keeping up appearances or for when she wanted to seduce someone. Silence the room, then use that to block the door.

New plan? Silence the room, Stone Shape to put 23 cubic feet of floor in front of the door as one solid slab of stone (and I can verify floor thickness with the Ring of X-Ray vision and dipping my head a little ways into it if needed). Seven feet by three feet by one foot would be 21 cubic feet, and would completely cover most doors. Plus would be a pain to knock down.
    Oh, I misunderstood, nevermind.

21. - Top - End - #291

So that's the plan stone shape, with gunhaven giving extra standard actions?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

So that's the plan stone shape, with gunhaven giving extra standard actions?
    Silence the room also features prominently. Buys us a few rounds if the Dominate doesn't immediately take.

Current steps:
    1) Cast Silence to fill the room with a distinct lack of noise (standard) (This way, if the priestess beats the save later, she has problems casting and can't scream for help)
    2) Block the door via Stone Shape to make a stone wall one foot thick, three feet wide, and seven feet tall in the way of the door, anchored to the floor and ceiling (so she'll be stuck in the room for quite some time).
    3) Disposses priestess (standard) (because I want to leave her here, and be me for later)
    3q) Readied action from Quill to grant extra action to Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros
    4) Cast Greater Shadow Enchantment(Dominate Person) on the Priestess (repeat until it sticks, targeted spell, so I know if it works or not per the magic overview) (standard) (So that she'll still be nice and controlled well after the Silence wears off)
    5) Order her to sit quietly and meditate for a day across the telepathic channel thus generated. (free) (so there's no warnings until after we're well away)

23. - Top - End - #293

Gunhaven, anything to add?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah that sounds like an ideal plan. I'll go ahead and accept the lie that the wall is illusionary to avoid that headache.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Nah that sounds like an ideal plan. I'll go ahead and accept the lie that the wall is illusionary to avoid that headache.
    It'd probably only be a mild headache.

(all via telepathy)
    "But you didn't cast an illusion. You cast Stone Shape. I identified it with Spellcraft and everything."
    "That was a distraction, and misdirection for the priestess for when she throws off the Domination (which is, itself, illusory) so that she's still delayed on getting out - I'm trying to maximize our getaway time, here. The illusion I used to actually make the wall was Silent, Stilled, and Quickened. That said, if you don't trust that it's an illusion, it's really easy for you to check. Just try walking through it. If you can, then clearly, it's an illusion."

Still, next up is of course leaving with the princess, and collecting her is your job, so you're up next either way.

26. - Top - End - #296

So Gunhaven what is your DC. Although by and large people in the throneroom fail their save.

By and large the adventure is over. With only the lurking spectator of Helena looming over the material plane.

So mostly successful. You two rdy to head back to the guild?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

I'd drop off a full report at some point (in private, without the Nyna present, due mostly to the expected effects of her finding out that the priestess she was talking to was my hand puppet at the time - the King & Queen need to know about it, leave it up to them to tell their daughter - or not - as they see fit in the manner they see fit), and release the puppet's mind just before leaving. The demon on the loose is part of the "fallout" mentioned. But yes, essentially done and ready to go.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

There's figuratively no downside to me just doing it over and over until everyone is helpful towards one another. But it looks like DC 22.

And I'm fine with heading back and putting a note to keep an eye out for further Fiendish influence.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

So... we should start planning level ups & new equipment, I suppose.

Gunhaven: Looks like it'll be your turn.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Excellent, I'll figure something out over the weekend then. Gives me a chance to contemplate if I want to maybe rebuild or something.