The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Sounds like I may want to retool a bit too, then.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Quill didn't use half his mess. Instead focusing down on that Telekinesis bit.
    Some buffing with Bard stuff, mostly Telekinetic Combat:
    (Ghost) Contemplative 2 / Armorist 2 / Chronicler 6 / Great Mind 5
    Symbiat 9 / Armorist 6

The alternative is gonna be beefy because dragon and then just focus in on biting things to death. Probably Transformation feat to be a human when I can't be a gargantuan dragon.
    Bull Rushing and Melee Attacks, some Battlefield Control:
    (I don't know yet) Very Old Mist Dragon 15
    Striker 1 / Daevic 2 / Paladin 2 / Trinity Warrior 10
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Yeah, Quill didn't use half his mess. Instead focusing down on that Telekinesis bit.
    Some buffing with Bard stuff, mostly Telekinetic Combat:
    (Ghost) Contemplative 2 / Armorist 2 / Chronicler 6 / Great Mind 5
    Symbiat 9 / Armorist 6

The alternative is gonna be beefy because dragon and then just focus in on biting things to death. Probably Transformation feat to be a human when I can't be a gargantuan dragon.
    Bull Rushing and Melee Attacks, some Battlefield Control:
    (I don't know yet) Very Old Mist Dragon 15
    Striker 1 / Daevic 2 / Paladin 2 / Trinity Warrior 10
    Why would you spend a feat on being human as needed when a Greater Hat of Disguise is just 12k market?

And if you're doing a complete revamp, I'm not going to feel guilty about a few edits. OK then. Will be swapping out Eschew Materials and Natural Spell (for Skill Focus Kn(Religion) to get Loremaster requirements in and Secret of Magical Discipline to get a 1/day 'OK, yes, I can manage that'), plus trading some Druid levels in for Loremaster. Also a few spell swaps. And I'm due for another Ghostly ability (because 15th is a multiple of 3). Hmm. What to choose....
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Colossus in the Playground

Heather will probably stay the same.

I don't know enough about pathfinder to make massive edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll likely figure out which one to do tomorrow and get started on it. Leaning more towards the dragon just to have a (traditional) tank in the group. Thinking of stapling on Implacable Stalker, flavored as taking the whole Paladin/Daevic/Everlasting Dawn angle a bit too far and reveling in bringing down evil a bit too much.

The feat is mostly so that I can replicate the whole "Dragons polymorphing into humans" thing that Mist Dragons don't even get.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Note to self:
    Do not make a Trompe L'oeil of a Great Wyrm Gold Dragon. Because a 19th level Sorcerer casting beatstick skillmonkey should not cost 38k market.

However: I think I do want to make some kind of construct. Everyone OK with a basic beatstick? If I make a Trompe L'oeil of a Sentient Waxwork Creature of a Great Wyrm Gold, the cost stays the same, but it loses the skills, saves, spellcasting, HP, AC, and a lot of other things. It becomes just a flying beatstick. Thoughts?

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

I opted for Old Green for my beatstick to both keep numbers relatively the same and to better fit "vengeance seeking force of destruction" that everything else points towards.

He'll have some charms and such and enough skill points that he can probably satisfy other roles beyond "murder that which stands against the guild".

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Mechanics of Proposed Construct
    Show
    Trompe L'Oeil of a Sentiant Waxwork Great Wyrm Gold Dragon:
    LN Colossal Construct
    Init +2; Senses Perception +

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 0, flat-footed 15 (-2 Dex, +11 natural, +4 Enh Natural, -8 size)
    hp 275 (30d10+80+30)
    Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +10
    DR Immune Cold, construct traits, Waxen Regeneration (10/Fire), Autotelic, Enter Painting, Rejuvination
    Weaknesses vulnerability to fire

OFFENSE

Speed 60 ft., fly 300 ft. (clumsy), swim 60 ft.
    Melee bite +38 (4d8+24), 2 claws +38 (4d6+16), tail slap +36 (4d6+24), 2 wings +36 (2d8+8), Slam +38 (3d6+16)
    Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft. (30 ft. with bite)
    Special Attacks: None.

STATISTICS
    Str 43, Dex 6, Con -, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Base Atk +30; CMB +54 (+58 Grapple); CMD 62 (66 vs. trip, 64 vs. Grapple)
    Feats: Improved Initiative(B), Multiattack, Flyby Attack, Hover, Wingover, Power Attack, Snatch, Skill Focus(Perception, Fly), Toughness, Alertness, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Barroom Brawler, Eldritch Claws, Greater Grapple
    Skills (2): Perception +40 (30 ranks, +6 skill focus, +4 Alertness), Fly +18 (30 ranks, -2 Dex, -8 manueverability, -8 size +6 Skill focus) ; Racial Modifiers +8 Swim

Costs:
    8,000 gp market painting (colossal) (crafted, so 1/3rd of that = 2,666.67 gp)
    30,000 gp market enchantment (crafted with Spark of Creation, so 14,250 gp)

Gives me something to do if we run across a giant antimagic field. DC 40 (I'm missing two requirements, but can fake one of them; I can make it taking ten by switching to Benefits of Wisdom from the Lore spirit for crafting days). And if killed, it regenerates in 1d10 days from the painting.

Is this out of line for the game?

Edit: I'm also considering a smaller version for Construct Armor - start with a "Very Young" Gold dragon (10 HD), use the adding hit dice on the "waxwork" step to get it to 15, and again on the Trompe L'Oeil step to get that up to 22.

Edit 2: Might want to skip the construct armor, actually, and just scale down the beatstick construct until it's suitable for our balance level. There's funky rules questions involved in Construct Armor:
    1) I'm not clear on the "cost" line: Is that "cost to create" or "market price modification"?
    2) What all do I keep from the construct while I'm wearing it?

Edit 3: But it is soo tasty looking... started a thread for questions on Construct Armor
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-09-04 at 06:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Ended up skipping the construct armor.

Went with the beatstick, though. Meet Trixie, the fake gold dragon.

Anyway: I'm done updating my sheet for the next level.

Edit: Or do I need to tone that down? Smaller Dragon, spend the cash on skills instead.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

... Yeah, I think I'm going to skip Trixie. She's too swingy on how she'd play out. Back to shuffling things around. Probably going heavy skill monkey, as skills are surprisingly inexpensive.

Edit: And done.

How's everyone else's level up going?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-09-11 at 07:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

It's going on my end, I'll probably tackle spells tonight and settle on feats. Probably hammer out skills while I'm at it, even if it boils down to "I use intimidate in all aspects of the game" with a smattering of hunting down things.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

... lost changes somewhere int he mix. Yay! That's OK, I've got my text notes, will rebuild. Fun.

Edit: Done.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-09-12 at 07:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #583

I will be able to level up next week.

This week we're cleaning for the anniversary of my mom's death.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #584

So um that ended up getting canceled for reasons.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1151674

I'm swiftly reaching the limit of my knowledge on pathfinder. Sides binging on spells for my spellbook, anything Heather looks like she needs?

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So um that ended up getting canceled for reasons.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1151674

I'm swiftly reaching the limit of my knowledge on pathfinder. Sides binging on spells for my spellbook, anything Heather looks like she needs?
    Let's see...

Did you not pick your 13th and 15th HD feats? Item Creation and Metamagic feats always go well on casters.

Basic stat boosters for Intelligence, Charisma, Constitution, and Dexterity wouldn't be a amiss:
    Int boosts your spells,
    Cha boosts your racial abilities,
    Constitution is for HP and Fort saves,
    Dex for AC and reflex saves.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Iím more or less done with Sjach'Caesin-Svern'Irlym now. Turned out to be basically a melee beatstick with speaking parts/some teamwork for when he pushes people around.

Also he can turn people into chairs and thatís peak comedy for me.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-09-23 at 03:30 AM.