The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Power outage here. Posting from my cell phone is annoying. Sorry for the delay, I am not sure when the power will be back. Hopefully tomorrow or so
    Sounds good, no worries. I've had a busy couple of days, but also think Hoya's got the important questions right now.

@Party - If the innkeep doesn't have anything useful here, I say it might be time to move on. He's a potential source of info, but we're looking for a conspiracy whose members have eluded capture, or even identifying, for a bit now. If the answer were obvious to this random barkeep, I imagine we would not be necessary. He's given us at least one lead, but talking to the survivors for a bit might (I'm not getting my hopes up) give us something. If not, I propose we look into hiring a professional tracker of some kind and see about following our cat-Construct?

EDIT: Either way, Menja will definitely be proposing this IC. I'm not trying to bypass that at all, just taking notes here, more or less.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2017-05-05 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    That is the question-
    Whether 'tis more noble in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of Tucker's Kobolds
    Or to take arms against a Sea of Mooks
    And by casting Protection from Arrows, end them?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Power is back, but Internet is still down.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Power is back, but Internet is still down.
    Lay siege to your internet company!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oof, that forum crash was rough.

Just making sure we're all still here and potentially getting an email to those of you who signed up for email notifications, so you know we're back!
    That is the question-

5. - Top - End - #65

I'm here and alive.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

And your unseen opponent's side of the opposed caster level check: (1d20+19)[29]
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

7. - Top - End - #67

My caster level check (1d20+12)[22]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

And just to speed things up, Will save for Heather: (1d20+16)[23] vs DC 25, and ... CL exceeds Heather's listed SR.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I will be out of town until Monday afternoon/evening GMT-6. I might be able to post, but it's not likely. Just a heads up.
    That is the question-

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    I will be out of town until Monday afternoon/evening GMT-6. I might be able to post, but it's not likely. Just a heads up.
    Double post for subscribers.

Guys, I am so sorry. I lost access to my Internet. I am posting from my phone, which is slow, awkward, and difficult to format. Between a big goof on my part and an upcoming vacation, I wont be able to post for about two weeks at this point.

If you'll have me back then, I'd be grateful anD excited. If you'd rather rerecruit and find someone who can post now, I cant blame you and would harbor no hard feelings at all - do what's best for y'all.

Again, I am so sorry for ghosting like that. I know it's the death of PbPs.
    That is the question-

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

I say we hold an elaborate contest to replace JB that takes two weeks. After that we take the victor and say great work, unfortunately your services are no longer required as JB is back. This is mostly so we don't get board.

On a side note I finally found the ooc again
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

12. - Top - End - #72

I propose we execute JBarca

I've got the guillotine, if someone can provide the lever puller, and the other one can provide tickets to Hawaii.

Once JBarca has been executed I will then provide the leaf stone to evolve him into Exeggcutor.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, and claim damage: (3d4)[6]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I forgot claim too.

Why wasn't Hoya swallowed?

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    I forgot claim too.

Why wasn't Hoya swallowed?
    They rolled a nat 1.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    They rolled a nat 1.
    Correct. And in Pathfinder, "Combat maneuvers are attack rolls" so the nat-1 and nat-20 rules apply.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

lol
    I didn't even look at the roll number just the total.

18. - Top - End - #78

Rules question. Would dimensional anchor on Hoya prevent her from being put in an extradimenosnal plane, like what the guardian's swallow does?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Rules question. Would dimensional anchor on Hoya prevent her from being put in an extradimenosnal plane, like what the guardian's swallow does?
    Yes, but it is not currently relevant. Hoya killed it while it was trying to eat her. Apparently, she's part honey badger.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-06-05 at 06:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Freedom of movement would also of worked.

so my confusion.
    "A creature with this special attack gains extra natural attacks under certain conditions, typically when it grapples its foe. In addition to the options available to all grapplers, a monster with the rake ability gains two free claw attacks that it can use only against a grappled foe. The bonus and damage caused by these attacks is included in the creatureís description. A monster with the rake ability must begin its turn already grappling to use its rakeóit canít begin a grapple and rake in the same turn."

Does Hoya need to be in control of the grapple or can Hoya preform them becuase the grappler also has the grappled condition?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Freedom of movement would also of worked.

so my confusion.
    "A creature with this special attack gains extra natural attacks under certain conditions, typically when it grapples its foe. In addition to the options available to all grapplers, a monster with the rake ability gains two free claw attacks that it can use only against a grappled foe. The bonus and damage caused by these attacks is included in the creatureís description. A monster with the rake ability must begin its turn already grappling to use its rakeóit canít begin a grapple and rake in the same turn."

Does Hoya need to be in control of the grapple or can Hoya preform them becuase the grappler also has the grappled condition?
    Eh. "When in doubt, rule in favor of the players". I'm used to 3.5 in the Grapple regard, and I don't exactly see that detail as being clear, so I ran with "Yes, you can" - in part because it made sense (you're both grappled; he didn't use Improved Grab there).

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

That is usually a good call.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Illven:
    Pathfinder got rid of the "rushed diplomacy" clause (and then put a "totally not magic" item in that puts it back worse, but eh). Do you wish to take ten rounds at it, with the per-round probability I've already decided on for a fight breaking out?

24. - Top - End - #84

Illven:
    Pathfinder got rid of the "rushed diplomacy" clause (and then put a "totally not magic" item in that puts it back worse, but eh). Do you wish to take ten rounds at it, with the per-round probability I've already decided on for a fight breaking out?
    Heather has the unchained, unlocked diplomacy perk. With 10 or more ranks in diplomacy she can do that.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/diplo...d-Skill-Unlock

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. So they put it back in, worse, twice. OK.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

So I am attempting to recover from my comp dieing, it may be a long wait.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    Double post for subscribers.

Guys, I am so sorry. I lost access to my Internet. I am posting from my phone, which is slow, awkward, and difficult to format. Between a big goof on my part and an upcoming vacation, I wont be able to post for about two weeks at this point.

If you'll have me back then, I'd be grateful anD excited. If you'd rather rerecruit and find someone who can post now, I cant blame you and would harbor no hard feelings at all - do what's best for y'all.

Again, I am so sorry for ghosting like that. I know it's the death of PbPs.
    So I am attempting to recover from my comp dieing, it may be a long wait.
    So... two weeks (ish) from June 2nd for JBarca, unknown timeframe for redfeline.

That leaves just Illven for now. So...

Illven: do you want Heather to do something active that gives me something to respond to other than "random" events? There were a number of things the party was planning on doing IC earlier.

28. - Top - End - #88

**** I missed how long the wait is, and I thought it'd be sooner for some reason.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

**** I missed how long the wait is, and I thought it'd be sooner for some reason.
    JBarca's "about two weeks" from June 2nd would be June 16th - "This Friday" or thereabouts. The delay for redfeline is unknown.

I can see a few reasonable courses of action:
    1. Keep running here until people recover, likely keeping it low on combat (I've got full stats for the Big Bad, but there's still finding the place and an intermediary encounter that's easily scaled)
    2. Put things on hold until JBarca and/or redfeline can rejoin
    3. Apply to join the other group
    Any particular preference, or alternative ideas?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-06-13 at 07:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

JBarca's "about two weeks" from June 2nd would be June 16th - "This Friday" or thereabouts. The delay for redfeline is unknown.

I can see a few reasonable courses of action:
    1. Keep running here until people recover, likely keeping it low on combat (I've got full stats for the Big Bad, but there's still finding the place and an intermediary encounter that's easily scaled)
    2. Put things on hold until JBarca and/or redfeline can rejoin
    3. Apply to join the other group
    Any particular preference, or alternative ideas?
    I'd have a preference for 2. With it being if someone's not back by the end of sunday. We open up re-recruitment as I'm not sure the other party's still going, and they might not want two extra players.