The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Sorry for my lackluster posting so far, had a few RL issues and found it hard to get into character. Doing better now though, so should be a bit more onto it!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    That's a pretty neat movement mode. But yeah, that's actually a very good point about being official. I second that idea.
    That's a conversation we should likely have in character, no?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

I didn't originally because it seem like the DM wanted to push past the scene. Anyway, as of now, scene continued.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looking for adjudication on the Light Form ability, two questions:

1) It references the Bralani's Wind form ability, which in turn references wind walk. Can Sikhī, like with wind walk, get propelled along at 600ft per round?

2) How visible is Sikhī, on a bright normal day, in light form?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Looking for adjudication on the Light Form ability, two questions:

1) It references the Bralani's Wind form ability, which in turn references wind walk. Can Sikhī, like with wind walk, get propelled along at 600ft per round?

2) How visible is Sikhī, on a bright normal day, in light form?
    Yes, you do get the poor maneuverability though.

Like a shining ball or bolt of light, so very.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

So, there hasn't been a single post here or in the IC from Da'Shain, which would explain why I had no idea who Todorakh was or that they were supposed to be part of the game.

If Illven is alright with taking Todorakh on as an NPC, using him as a scout would be ideal. However, if he would prefer to play things out as if Todorakh was never part of the adventure at all, I would also understand that.

We will need some form of ruling on that before we proceed, as it could change things.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bayushi View Post
    So, there hasn't been a single post here or in the IC from Da'Shain, which would explain why I had no idea who Todorakh was or that they were supposed to be part of the game.

If Illven is alright with taking Todorakh on as an NPC, using him as a scout would be ideal. However, if he would prefer to play things out as if Todorakh was never part of the adventure at all, I would also understand that.

We will need some form of ruling on that before we proceed, as it could change things.
    Retroactive deletion is my ruling.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Some rolls for the encounter at hand:

Diplomacy for a good first impression: (1d20+28)[39] and (2d8b1)[5]

And Knowledge: Nobility for proper etiquette: (1d20+13)[21] and (2d8b1)[2]

Rolling here prior to posting so, if I get horrid rolls, I can act appropriately.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

In regards to timing: (28 (normal) + 14 (token)) / 2 (Epic Tales) * 3 (Lingering Performance) = 63 rounds. Or 6 minutes and 18 seconds.

And 8 minutes + 8 rerolls for the blessing bit. Although ideally I won't have to use all of that for this bit.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    In regards to timing: (28 (normal) + 14 (token)) / 2 (Epic Tales) * 3 (Lingering Performance) = 63 rounds. Or 6 minutes and 18 seconds.

And 8 minutes + 8 rerolls for the blessing bit. Although ideally I won't have to use all of that for this bit.
    Right. Six minutes and some change. It takes a full minute of diplomacy to influence an attitude, plus a round or more to make a request. So at 11 rounds each, that's five people... assuming you get the token now.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Pesky extra die: (2d8b1)[7]

EDIT: Brings the Detect Traps total to 45, with the Natural 20 to Disarm... So I guess I'm blown to bits?
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2017-09-14 at 01:51 AM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

While waiting for Illven's next post, who's up for being on the panel for Darshee's Experiment? No IC rewards, just fun. The experiment will fail, of course, because the templates involved all turn the subject evil. But it's an experiment she'd try if she didn't know that.

13. - Top - End - #193

So, my mother just died.

If we end up having a wake, I may have severely reduced or non existent posting during the duration of a wake, I'll keep you all informed.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Take all the time you need. I think we'll understand.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

So sorry for your loss.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So, my mother just died.

If we end up having a wake, I may have severely reduced or non existent posting during the duration of a wake, I'll keep you all informed.
    Been through it recently myself. It sucks. Stupid cancer....

17. - Top - End - #197

So I failed to keep you informed my bad. My posting should be fine from here on out. We've had the wake and internment.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Good to have you back.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

19. - Top - End - #199

So half of you want to speak to the NPC's and half of you want to leave feeling you have enough info, if I'm reading it right

Sorry for waiting so long, but should I skip ahead?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

So half of you want to speak to the NPC's and half of you want to leave feeling you have enough info, if I'm reading it right

Sorry for waiting so long, but should I skip ahead?
    ... more like an example of why splitting up a group is bad. Sept 7th, we asked to talk to the acquaintances. Sept 9th King & Queen said sure. Sept 10th we split up. Queen apparently gave orders to gather the help on Sept 11th as one half the party searched the bedroom. Diary found Sept 13th, diary read Sept 14th-21st.

Oct. 15th, after the other half of the party has apparently finished with the diary, the half of the party waiting for the palace staff with connections to the princess to arrive is still waiting.

From a personal perspective, I'm not suggesting moving on because I don't think it would be useful to talk to the palace staff, but because it looked like the palace staff got lost in the shuffle and we need to keep the game moving. We're probably done with the King and Queen, though.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

I don't think most of the players are aware we are continuing. Has anyone sent PM's to them to tell them that we are back up and running?
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I've been keeping myself Updated. Alas there's not much for Sikhī to do until we leave again, and Im patient :)

23. - Top - End - #203

I posted, and am pm'ing the remaining players now.

24. - Top - End - #204

Oh my bad, I read that as the fog and rope being behind the riding group to cut off escape.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    I've been keeping myself Updated. Alas there's not much for Sikhī to do until we leave again, and Im patient :)
    Even if youdon't have anything specifically to say, you could post what your character would be doing while waiting; readying an action in case a fight breaks out, or they try to flee, or just hiding in the fog, or whatever.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

How many active participats do we currently have? The "I can only take three party members" bit may be a moot point.

Edit:
    Additionally: Anyone who doesn't need to breathe can simply hop in my portable hole. Anyone who can keep up with the 50 mph of Shadow Walk (Wind Walk is 60 mph, for instance) can travel in parallel.

Edit 2: Also: Do we currently have a telepath in the party? (Edit 4: Yes, Quill)

Edit 3: Posters in the last two weeks:
    Jack_Simth - caster
    Illven - DM
    Genth - 1
    Lord Bayushi - 2
    Gunhaven - 3
    Last 30 days is the same list. So... Caster, three party PC's, ten NPC's makes 13 people brought along (edit 5: One of whom has personal Wind Walk as an at-will: Sikhī Pabhāvatī; one of which doesn't need to breath: Quill). Am I OK calling that question a moot point at this point?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-10-30 at 05:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    How many active participats do we currently have? The "I can only take three party members" bit may be a moot point.

Edit:
    Additionally: Anyone who doesn't need to breathe can simply hop in my portable hole. Anyone who can keep up with the 50 mph of Shadow Walk (Wind Walk is 60 mph, for instance) can travel in parallel.

Edit 2: Also: Do we currently have a telepath in the party? (Edit 4: Yes, Quill)

Edit 3: Posters in the last two weeks:
    Jack_Simth - caster
    Illven - DM
    Genth - 1
    Lord Bayushi - 2
    Gunhaven - 3
    Last 30 days is the same list. So... Caster, three party PC's, ten NPC's makes 13 people brought along (edit 5: One of whom has personal Wind Walk as an at-will: Sikhī Pabhāvatī; one of which doesn't need to breath: Quill). Am I OK calling that question a moot point at this point?
    Yes.

Although I'm curious. What do you do with the horses?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.

Although I'm curious. What do you do with the horses?
    They weren't in the deal from the get-go.

Honestly, though, most horses in real life will meander back home, if given a bit of time. Which mostly just means they'll show up at the palace, given that's where they came from. If they're in palace colors, most people will leave them alone, although the official patrols will likely take notice ... but that's not harmful to the horses. Additionally, the queen did mention they've got intelligence assets in quite a few places. So they'll be fine, provided they don't get eaten by goblins. But then, if that's a serious possibility, then the palace doesn't have control over the country, so....

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

For the record, Corivar has the elemental subtype, so he doesn't need to breathe, eat, or sleep. Portable holes can be quite cozy with a bit of decorating.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

... so how long do you think it'll take Sikhī to realize we didn't discuss a specific address?