The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    ... so how long do you think it'll take Sikhī to realize we didn't discuss a specific address?
    Oh trust me, that'll be no problem at all.

I'll update tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Darshee
    Show

There may be an issue. The carvings on the temple are of the proper Pelor holy symbol.

But on the temple walls, and the city walls banners portray the corrupted symbol Helena uses.

What do you do?
    First? A quick glance to see which the priests are wearing.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #213

First? A quick glance to see which the priests are wearing.
    I'm not sure you'd be able to see individual people while on the plane of shadow. The paths are quasi illusory right?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I'm not sure you'd be able to see individual people while on the plane of shadow. The paths are quasi illusory right?
    Hmm... you know, I'm not sure either. Checking... OK, looks like no. Oh well. Still, deal's a deal.

Edit:
    Oh, also: Taking 20 (for a 58) on perception during the trip (it's a couple of hours, and retrying a perception check is a move action, so taking 20 just takes a minute or two; ring of X-Ray vision might give a bonus, might not - not included in the number). What is the lover? She's obviously not a cleric, so what is she under the makeup?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-11-14 at 08:06 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #215

Hmm... you know, I'm not sure either. Checking... OK, looks like no. Oh well. Still, deal's a deal.

Edit:
    Oh, also: Taking 20 (for a 58) on perception during the trip (it's a couple of hours, and retrying a perception check is a move action, so taking 20 just takes a minute or two; ring of X-Ray vision might give a bonus, might not - not included in the number). What is the lover? She's obviously not a cleric, so what is she under the makeup?
    You have no idea. As far as you can tell Helena is what she seems to be.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

... should I be worried that the last post by anyone other than myself was two weeks ago (Nov. 15th)? Is it time for a roll call to see who's still watching?

7. - Top - End - #217

I did not realize it's been that long. Although I did think people had other things to say.

Posting now.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

I'm more concerned that you're the only one that responded to that, honestly. If I look through the IC thread, we need to go back to Nov. 14th (Genth and Gunhaven) to see anyone other than you or me with an IC post. To get fifth person's post in the mix, we need to go all the way back to Nov. 1st (Lord Bayushi). To get a 6th, we need to check JBarca's post on September 19th.

Still, I'll post something in a bit. Meanwhile... are you curious about my conclusions and path of supposition on what's going on with this scenario?

Edit: There we go... something simple, suggestive of an action for another.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-12-01 at 08:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219

I'm more concerned that you're the only one that responded to that, honestly. If I look through the IC thread, we need to go back to Nov. 14th (Genth and Gunhaven) to see anyone other than you or me with an IC post. To get fifth person's post in the mix, we need to go all the way back to Nov. 1st (Lord Bayushi). To get a 6th, we need to check JBarca's post on September 19th.

Still, I'll post something in a bit. Meanwhile... are you curious about my conclusions and path of supposition on what's going on with this scenario?

Edit: There we go... something simple, suggestive of an action for another.
    I'll pm in 24 hours.

10. - Top - End - #220

So Lord Buyashi hasn't been on in a month, and I just sent the other three player's pm.

Even if one was redundant.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-12-02 at 11:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

... but no, not really looking for anything overly specific. Just... smart enough to be offended correctly.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Perception - (1d20+23)[25]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Some quick questions as I follow the team from underground, watching via X-Ray vision while Invisibile and my magical auras suppressed via routine buffs:
    1) Is the place (un) Hallowed? Expensive spell to cast, and the place is apparently HUGE. However, it's quite obviously a recent conversion, and the prior types would be using Hallow, while the new ones would be countering that with Unhallow... unclear where it'd be in the process, but either way, I'd be feeling the bonuses/penalties easily enough to trivially ID it.
    2) Which symbol is the apparent lady in charge wearing?

14. - Top - End - #224

Some quick questions as I follow the team from underground, watching via X-Ray vision while Invisibile and my magical auras suppressed via routine buffs:
    1) Is the place (un) Hallowed? Expensive spell to cast, and the place is apparently HUGE. However, it's quite obviously a recent conversion, and the prior types would be using Hallow, while the new ones would be countering that with Unhallow... unclear where it'd be in the process, but either way, I'd be feeling the bonuses/penalties easily enough to trivially ID it.
    2) Which symbol is the apparent lady in charge wearing?
    This place seems neither hallowed nor unhallowed.

The burning hate symbol.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

I'll take 10, for a 28 on the Kn(The Planes) check. I'm not currently in any threat, seeing as how there's a ton of rock between us and nobody's shooting at me.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2017-12-12 at 07:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

You're not entirely sure what this creature is.

17. - Top - End - #227

So gunhaven, Darshee would rather you attempt to tip over a massive statue or something similar. Do you still want to use the barrage of smoke sticks?

I'll give 48 hours to get an answer, since it's Christmas.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, sorry. I'll get a post up about finding a suitable statue, maybe wrecking up some of the training grounds or just scattering about rubble from said statue.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

19. - Top - End - #229

I think the alternatively should be discussed in the OOC thread.

I'll give 24 hours for people to argue the merits and drawbacks of plan alternate, and then go with what seems to be favored.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Just want them distracted for a few seconds, not thinking that they're under attack. "Sudden, unexpected big noise" is all that's needed.

The reason? I want the conversation to continue, just with me in charge of the priestess' end. People that just got attacked are likely to drop the current conversation track and focus on the attack that just happened. A sudden loud noise outside to draw people's attention is enough, really, especially as I already have cover and can hide reasonably effectively. I mostly just want everyone taking the "Creature making the check is distracted" penalty.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't really plan on attacking anyone with it, I just wanted to break up the statue so that I could have bits and pieces. In case I did have to attack with it.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

22. - Top - End - #232

Will save. (1d20+12)[26]

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Does the Priestess reply before someone randomly attacks her? >.> Also, kinda confused as to whom 'Genth' refers to.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Does the Priestess reply before someone randomly attacks her? >.> Also, kinda confused as to whom 'Genth' refers to.
    What random? It was planned, deliberate, declared to the party prior to commission, and hopefully subtle enough to be missed by anyone not directly involved.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-01-03 at 09:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's me. I assumed such at least.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, and Bluff to try and maintain the charade that the priestess I'm posessing is under her own control:
    (1d20+31)[49]

Keep in mind: I don't need to fool Helena, really, just the princess and any onlookers who might want to intervene.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, also:
    Kn(Arcana) to ID the constructs in a standard manner: (1d20+31)[41] - The default "monster lore" DC is 10 + CR
    Kn(Arcana) for "Identify a spell effect that is in place" (in case of Permanent Animated Objects or PaO in use to make them): (1d20+31)[36] - Standard DC is 20 + Spell level
    Spellcraft in case she cast a spell to get them running just now: (1d20+29)[31] - standard DC is 15 + Spell level

Knowledge
    Spellcraft
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-01-17 at 08:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Quill / Gunhaven : Do you want the Librarian role? Darshee is getting there mostly by her current bonded spirit and choice of hex (Lore, Benefits of Wisdom) causing her to use Cha instead of Int for Knowledge checks. I can change that out on a daily basis if desired.

Speaking of: How do we want to interpret the Arcane Enlightenment hex on an oracle? There's three basic interpretations:
    1) Essentially does nothing (Oracle can't prepare spells).
    2) Allows the Oracle to prepare a small set of spells in their normal slots (can't use those ones spontaneously).
    3) Oracle treats the selected spells as spells known.

This is, possible, complicated by gestalt - Darshee is a prepared caster on the other "side" of the build.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

That works for me. I think I tried to keep it all to multiples of 5 just to keep it simple for me.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing on the Knowledge checks?