The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Right sorry. These are Stone golems

Stone golems are constructs which mean No Constitution score. Any DCs or other Statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).Low-light vision. Darkvision 60 feet. Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms). Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning. Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creatureís description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits fromthat quality. Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage. Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless). Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less. A construct cannot be raised or resurrected. A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the following table. Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry. Proficient with no armor. Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

Stone golems have DR 10/adamantine

Stone golems can slow targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess for future reference: Did you want me to start putting the AOOs and junk in with all the other mess or randomly insert posts as potential triggers happen?
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Given those orders: Reactive Kn(Arcana) check: (1d20+31)[37]

How are the golems going to prioritize the components of that order once there's a breach? Are they going to:
    1) Continue the first part of the order ("Break the walls") until there are no more walls left to smash, then "kill them all"? (First portion weighted more than second portion, because it was first)
    2) "Kill them all" as soon as they can see a "them" to kill? (Either second portion weighted more, or first portion considered complete upon a wall breach)
    3) Whatever's closest (keep breaking walls if walls are closer than "them", killing people if people get closer than the walls)? (Equally weighted)
    4) Something else? (Because there's always something I didn't think of)
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #244

Number 2 would be their interpretation.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Whelp, that's roughly 114 damage. Ouch.

I think I need to make a fort save vs Unholy Aura just as it's gonna need to make a Will save vs Holy Aura

(1d20+20)[33]

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Whelp, that's roughly 114 damage. Ouch.

I think I need to make a fort save vs Unholy Aura just as it's gonna need to make a Will save vs Holy Aura

[roll0]
    You assume that any of them besides Danna ke kat attack 1 hit.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

FOILED BY NOTEPAD!

Will fix in a minute.
    (3d6)[9] Force Damage
    (3d6)[10] Force Damage
    (4d6)[16] Sacred Damage
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

What was the spell she used?

Spellcraft (1d20+19)[36]

Also, Holy Aura makes Sikhī immune to mental control of evil creatures. PLUS, the Demon needs to make a DC 21 Fort save or be blinded. Not sure if it's 1 per hitting attack, or 1 per round, but since Sikhī only made 1 fort save, she should only have to make 1 fort save.

9. - Top - End - #249

What was the spell she used?

Spellcraft (1d20)[4]

Also, Holy Aura makes Sikhī immune to mental control of evil creatures. PLUS, the Demon needs to make a DC 21 Fort save or be blinded. Not sure if it's 1 per hitting attack, or 1 per round, but since Sikhī only made 1 fort save, she should only have to make 1 fort save.
    Quickened suggestion

Thought pathfinder made it so that protection from evil only offers a second save.

Also save. (1d20)[4] She makes it.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-02-01 at 06:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Quickened suggestion

Thought pathfinder made it so that protection from evil only offers a second save.

Also save. [roll0] She makes it.
    *Checks*
    They did! Second save with a small bonus. Huh. First time I've noticed that difference between 3.5 and Pathfinder. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm guessing that Genth wasn't aware of that either.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Important part bolded. It doesn't immediately end ongoing effects from before the spell was cast, but it does, while the effect is continuing, flat out prevent any new mental control attempts. Since Holy Aura is constant, unless it gets suppressed via Dispel Magic or similar, Sikhī is still immune.

12. - Top - End - #252

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Important part bolded. It doesn't immediately end ongoing effects from before the spell was cast, but it does, while the effect is continuing, flat out prevent any new mental control attempts. Since Holy Aura is constant, unless it gets suppressed via Dispel Magic or similar, Sikhī is still immune.
    Huh. That's an issue the next part because Darshee shouldn't have been able to control the priestess, if Genth is constantly emitting a holy aura.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Holy Aura is targeted, not just an emanation. 1/Level within 20ft, and Sikhī wasn't targeting the Priestess. If you're talking about the Demon's Unholy Aura, doesn't stop Darshee, because Darshee isn't Good.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

To clarify, I'm waiting on confirmation that Sikhī isn't subject to the suggestion before continuing

15. - Top - End - #255

But the monster has it as an aura so....

Who here knows more pathfinder.

Regardless you yourself are immune to the enchantment.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

*Holy Aura* only prevents mental control from Evil Creatures, and Unholy Aura, Good Creatures. Darshee is neither - they're Lawful Neutral. Neither Holy Aura of Unholy Aura would prevent them from controlling someone.

17. - Top - End - #257

*Holy Aura* only prevents mental control from Evil Creatures, and Unholy Aura, Good Creatures. Darshee is neither - they're Lawful Neutral. Neither Holy Aura of Unholy Aura would prevent them from controlling someone.
    No it prevents all mental control effects. The mental control doesn't discriminate

Oh huh. Another change from 3.5. Now Darshee shows up on detect evil naturally... would it still prevent her from controlling.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

No it prevents all mental control effects. The mental control doesn't discriminate

Oh huh. Another change from 3.5. Now Darshee shows up on detect evil naturally... would it still prevent her from controlling.
    For that one, the only effect is Detect spells. And that's always existed in 3.5. Part of the reason she always goes around with Undetectable Alignment up.

However: The demon wouldn't have had an Unholy Aura up if she could avoid it. See, even if she can hide the aura of evil on her, anyone looking still see the aura on the immediately surrounding area. It's a ruling that's much simpler than a retconn at this point, seeing as how we're several rounds in.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-02-02 at 06:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quill only takes AOOs if they look like they're going for the princess or party members. It's trying to make it as clear as possible that no one will hit the princess if it can help it.

Spoiler: For future reference
    Show
    Trip: (1d20+27)[37]
    Attack: (1d20+23)[41]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[32] Bludgeoning (1d6+7)[11] Cold Damage

Trip: (1d20+27)[36]
    Attack: (1d20+23)[42]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[20] Bludgeoning (1d6+7)[13] Cold Damage

Trip: (1d20+27)[28]
    Attack: (1d20+23)[36]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[29] Bludgeoning (1d6+7)[9] Cold Damage

Trip: (1d20+27)[37]
    Attack: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[21] Bludgeoning (1d6+7)[10] Cold Damage

Trip: (1d20+27)[31]
    Attack: (1d20+23)[26]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[25] Bludgeoning (1d6+7)[13] Cold Damage

20. - Top - End - #260

My ruling is that Genth was not actually suggested thanks to holy aura.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

I'll edit, then.

22. - Top - End - #262

I'm going to give Genth a chance to change their action, due to their being no grand plan anymore.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm going to give Genth a chance to change their action, due to their being no grand plan anymore.
    Do you mean Gunhaven?

24. - Top - End - #264

Do you mean Gunhaven?
    Yes. Sorry about that.

It's your fault for having two G names.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah I'll still give Genth/Sikhi an extra standard action.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

I'm curious how she overcame the Silence spell I cast earlier. What effect did she use?

Reactive skill checks to try and answer that, based on the likely skills; if there's a different one that applies, please let me know what to roll:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+32)[51]
    Kn(Arcana):(1d20+31)[50]
    Kn(The Planes):(1d20+18)[21]

27. - Top - End - #267

If the silence rock is where she was, and goes out to twenty feet, she got away from it to cast. She's not pinned down.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Roight, because I'm nothing but reactions:
    Arcane Shield attempt: (1d20+25)[35] versus the attack roll. May not work but it can't hurt to try.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

If the silence rock is where she was, and goes out to twenty feet, she got away from it to cast. She's not pinned down.
    Right. I was somewhat hoping that the guy controlling the floating rocks well enough to take ten-ish AoO's per round with them could keep one of them close to her as she moves.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Right. I was somewhat hoping that the guy controlling the floating rocks well enough to take ten-ish AoO's per round with them could keep one of them close to her as she moves.
    Tell you what, Gunhaven give me a sense motive check.