New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Car

"GLoG is outside the city. I rang up because you wanted to go to Carousel Court first." Smorre's wrong in his assumption, actually. They replaced the alignment scanners with an interview process for members.

Natalie grins when she hears the brief blast of Smorre's taste in music, and buckles up obediently. Her amusement doesn't last as she answers Erin's question. "I'm high-born. Dad was knighted, and mum's dad was a baron. And the people have decided to try running the country themselves, rather than trust the king and his council of advisers. So they're running around killing everyone they find who is aristocracy, royalty, or who stands up to them. My home was burnt down two years ago. I was at GLoG; Dad was inside. My brother's fled the country, but he doesn't want to flee the world. That's too much cowardice for him. I worry about him, often. But he keeps me informed as to what's going on there, and for that I'm grateful." Natalie's sad, but the wound of her father's death is relatively old, and has started to heal. Helped by the fact that GLoG's full of therapists, healers and nice people with good ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Erin simply nodded along, listening as she climbed into the back seat. She didn't know what else to say or do though, so she simply remained quiet.
    [Car]

Smorre sets off onto the indeed rather empty road. Although the car's engine seems weak, he still drives fairly swiftly. "I'm s-sorry to hh-hear that. It's sad how often h-humans act like th-this." Not just humans, actually. Pretty much every sapient species. "You said sa-something about a cross-p-planar courier s-service? Ca-can I contact them ss-somehow? I c-could use their services a-as well." There's something wistful in his voice, as if he was longing to see his family and home universe again. But actually, he's just acting. Smorre is a shady trade businessman, and such a service could prove to be most profitable.
    Since the child in the back seat has been quiet for at least two minutes now, Smorre checks in the rear view mirror if Erin might have fallen asleep.

Inside the car, as is the case with most Nexus vehicles, perceived time for the passengers and actual travel time/distance have no correlation whatsoever. If the other two players are alright with it, the characters could arrive at GLoG during my next post.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

Car

"Sure, I can do that. They can't carry big things, though. They only agreed to transport me because I weighed less than their maximum load and Dad payed something like three times the normal price." They use little motorbikes, like the ones pizza delivery riders use. Larger vehicles can't fit through the cracks in reality the couriers create to make their deliveries. They can make larger cracks, but that require larger crack-making devices, and more power, and it gets uneconomical fast. Little bikes are small enough and fast enough to fit through small, short-lived holes.

I have no problem with them going to GLoG next post.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Family Reunion]

Dena glances at Rein. "Don't know a lot about dwarves, but the only type of oath my people put faith in was the forge oath." She pauses, looking between Raril and Sszioyon. "I don't think anyone even know what that is here so it probably doesn't apply."
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

Raril thinks a bit at Electra's question, and his eyes briefly got very wide before he takes on a carefully neutral expression.

"There are no oaths like that, but I know my brother is a man of his word." The elder drow says.

Sszinyon narrows his eyes at Raril. "What do you know, brother? Who else was in the tavern that night?"

Raril shakes his head. "I dare not say. You probably wouldn't believe me, and even if you did, there is little we can do now."

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

"I am the house wizard for my family," Sornnolu explains. "My job is to oversee the Arcane needs of our house, but that can largely be handled by lesser family members. I am also responsible for the Arcane education of family members, though there are few children now. Save for my half-brothers and -sisters, and a cousin or two. Again, that's something I can foist off on others. Delmah Phor is something of a pet project of mine and my sister's. The matron has become keenly interested in it, due to the wealth and luxury here, but it is ours. I can brag a bit to you, but I have to credit others in most conversations." He admits a little sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra watches Raril and Sszinyon carefully. Obviously, Raril remembers something his brother does not, and it might be the key to clearing this up, though Raril's admission of there being little they can do now is worrying to say the least.

"You might try him, Raril. It might help clear the air between you two, no matter how unbelievable. I do wonder why there's little that can be done now, though. Is this person now dead, or are there other circumstances that would make taking action against them inadvisable?"

"What can be done about it is secondary to the knowledge itself. Sszinyon deserves to know who got his love killed. If you know something Raril, please share," Reinholdt says quietly. Not knowing such things was a torture in and of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

32-D Highwill Road

Throughout the duration of their travel Orion has held his mask with a firm grip in his hand, partially out of curiosity, partially out of fear of the unknown.

They've had their eyes on us, but I never even knew I was being watched, Orion's anxiety rose once again causing the color of his eyes to turn orange, if I join them, and can convince them to aid me in the Bloodstorm we may just have a chance...

"Is this the place?" Orion wonders, his eyes looking to Meredith as they make their way to 32D Highwill Road.

The sack on his waist moves from time to time in its attempt to cause him discomfort but he easily manages to ignore it.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-20 at 08:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

32-D Highwill Road

Meredith shrugged, "this is the address they gave. With no other instructions than 'find the door'. I believe..." she looked at the mask for a moment, shrugged again, and put it on.

The experience of having a piece of clothing meld with her skin was, weirdly, not a new one. The mask doesn't change far from Meredith's own face. The Selkie lady who occupied most of Meredith's people-related thoughts had the same soft oval face and similar features with only a slightly lighter complexion. "Uhm," she says to Orion, "how, uh, how does it look?"

She looks around for anything that might reveal itself as an unusual door. Several dark blue runes on her cloak start to glow as she concentrates on detecting magic and enchantments. She's casting them around her, in the general area... so if Orion has anything on him that is magical (such as, perhaps, the sack?) she may be able to detect those as well. The runes on her cloak amplify her senses, and Meredith herself is very strongly magically attuned... but there are plenty of enchantments out there that may be too powerfully woven for her to detect.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Pixie in the Playground

32-D Highwill Road

"I don't see it," Orion shrugs before he furthers his search, "unless it's hidden by magic a door shouldn't bee too hard for us to find," he speaks, hoping that those that remained behind the door would help further his cause.

Orion gives a shocked smile the moment he sees her newly formed face, "it looks, uh...you look different," he responds before he chuckles quietly to himself.

He takes one last long look at his mask before he goes through the uncomfortable process of applying the mask to his face.

"It's weird to breathe in this thing..." Orion moans as his facial features begin to morph and harden into the face of a man with a terrifying glare, a face that one could call the definition of evil.
    His face had a lighter complexion compared to his body along with a jagged scar that ran from his left cheek up to his eyebrow and eyes that held no remorse, no mercy, and no soul.

"D-do I look...alright?" Orion worried, his eyes now a very dark brown to mimic the face of the man he'd been thinking of.

Orion smiles as he watches Meredith detect the magic around her, forgetting that she'd also be able to detect the magic used on his sack.

From casting the spell you learn that a powerful protection spell has been applied to his large sack, preventing whatever's inside from getting out. From further observation, you'd learn that the spell is specifically used to target stronger beasts or dangerous creatures so whatever's inside might prove to be troublesome.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-20 at 08:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

There, before them, are two doors. One is labelled 32C, and the other, 32E. In between the two doors is a standard-looking brick wall, covered with graffiti depicting two floating eyes and an ornate throne. It's quite well-done artwork, too, and emits a subtle magical field. It's hard to determine what, though; there aren't any obvious clues. There's also a small invisible creature perched on a lamp-post nearby, watching. It's about the size of a crow, but, being invisible, its exact nature is hard to determine.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

]32D Highwill Road

Meredith stifles a laugh, "you look absolutely fine, Orion," and spends the rest of the time trying to keep that awful face out of her field of view.

"There are several interesting things happening here," she told him, turning her back on him to study the wall. She would have liked to verbally disapprove of bringing dangerous creatures into crowded areas like the tavern, but it was probably not the time for that. She also did not tell him about the invisible creature - no need to alarm him - but she does shoot it a glance and a wink. Yes, I know you're there. Are you a sentry?

"See these paintings?" She told Orion, "there is something strange happening here. This is not simple graffiti." She reaches out a hand to touch the throne, wondering if it is an illusion.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

"Oh, okay..." Orion sighs with relief before he calmly observes Meredith as she studies the wall.

"Careful," he calls out as she reaches for the throne, his eyes now wide and alert.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-22 at 05:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Cait frowns at that. "Oh why can't you take more credit normally? It seems a shame, you and your sister have created something very cool here."

"That's the nature of drow society. Women are supreme. I, as a male, can't take too much credit or brag too loudly without being looked down upon. Someone would want me silenced."

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra watches Raril and Sszinyon carefully. Obviously, Raril remembers something his brother does not, and it might be the key to clearing this up, though Raril's admission of there being little they can do now is worrying to say the least.

"You might try him, Raril. It might help clear the air between you two, no matter how unbelievable. I do wonder why there's little that can be done now, though. Is this person now dead, or are there other circumstances that would make taking action against them inadvisable?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"What can be done about it is secondary to the knowledge itself. Sszinyon deserves to know who got his love killed. If you know something Raril, please share," Reinholdt says quietly. Not knowing such things was a torture in and of itself.

"Taking actions against her would be highly inadviseable." Raril says.

"Her?" Sszinyon echoes.

His brother nods. "Danube. She was there that evening, getting information from me about the attack on our house."

"Danube..." Sszinyon breathes. "But she has always been an ally to me. Ever since I helped her ascend to Matron."

Raril scowls, thinking. "And what would turn you against our mother more than seeing her destroy your lover?"

"I will kill her." Sszinyon growls.

"You can't. Even though you want to, you can't. Think of your family. Your son."

Sszinyon stood up with a snarl and began to pace behind the chairs. "What can I do, then?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra watches Sszinyon pace, and sighs, crossing her arms over her chest. She was expecting something like this being the reason Raril didn't want to say who it was.

"You should probably not be having this conversation here, given what you've just learned, unless I've misunderstood the position your sister now holds. This is her house, her seat of power now, is it not?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt quirks an eyebrow. Danube was there and Sszy didn't see her? Seems like an important thing to miss. Sszinyon seems to believe it though. Rein can't help but feel maybe there's more to it than what Raril claims. Doesn't seem to matter though. The die is cast.

"Nothing alone," Reinholdt states, silently suggesting the drow would have to get his vengeance by proxy. Whether that be supporting a new Matron or utilizing an outside force. Regardless, it remains an implication. Electra was right. This accelerated to exceedingly dangerous quite fast.

"It seems to me Raril is just trying to shift blame onto an easy target and drive a wedge between you and your closest ally. Raril and the Matron have never gotten along well, have they?" Reinholdt says, tilting his head and tugging on his ear like it was bothering him, while glancing around the room. He's not sure what the universal signal is for the 'walls have ears' but hopefully they'll understand and play along until they can change to a more secure location.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cait appears slightly surprised by that. She had actually suspected that was it, but figures appearing ignorant of Drow culture will help her in the long run. "Really? I had heard some rumors but I didn't know if I should listen to them. So your sister must get all the praise? She listens to his response carefully for any signs of resentment.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Halfling in the Playground

[Tina's Apartment]

Tina is here. She resides in the ritzy old Sagittarius Towers, a lofty sky-needle with a series of single floor apartments protruding as slender discs from the building's central spire. Tina's apartment is a decadent affair with a lot of curvy shapes and thick, soft rugs (or other similarly textured decor) ravishing over everything.

Tina is having a night in. And all that really means is that she's watching TV, lounging about in a state of semi-nudity, and stuffing her face with something sweet.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hope Shadowcaller mentioned to you about the Riverman))

Tina's Apartment

Seemingly out of nowhere, directly in front of the door to the rest of the spire, a white canoe with a blue robed man appears. The robed man now says: You are in the presence of a god. Kneel.

After this a red aura seems to come from the robed man. It gravitates towards Tina. Unless she has magical protection, or is immune to fear, the red aura is that of fear.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

16. - Top - End - #406

Tina's Apartment

Tellysandra is along for the ride, right at the side of the ferryman. But as her eyes couldn't come along, she needs a moment to recall them. Without them she was completely blind, so she first needed to cast the spell that allowed her to see.

Dena frowns. "Quite an accusation, you got anything to say for yourself, Raril?" She eyes the other drow, she already knew the game that they were playing now.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-24 at 03:08 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

"She does," Sornnolu admits. "but I don't mind too much. I love my sister. I'd do anything to help her succeed. If it means giving up a little credit, that's fine. Besides, she rewards me. I wouldn't have the position I do without her."

Raril runs a hand over his face. How could he be so stupid? Of course someone was listening.

He sighs heavily. "It seems I've been caught in a lie. Very well, I admit it. I told our mother about Adin'rar."

Sszinyon growled low. His hands flashed in drow sign. What do we do now?

Run. Raril responded simply.

"You need to pay for this." Sszinyon snarls. "I will have justice for him. Help me take this traitor back to Degenburg where he can be put on trial."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #408

NinjaGuy

Electra seems to stretch, raising her arms past her head as she pushes off the wall, then lowers them, tilting her head at Dena to catch the gorgon's attention, one hand flashing the hand signal for "telephone" briefly as it passes her auditory sensor. She moves calmly nearer to Sszinyon, assuming his demand to take Raril back to Degenburg is actually a covert suggestion to retreat. She has an idea, and sets about putting it into action.

"Are you sure? He's just admitted he's made a false accusation against your Matron. Will she take an interest in punishing him for that?" While she asks this, she queries her teleportation system to assess whether or not the palace is under some sort of teleport defenses. Effects such as a dimensional lock spell will prevent her from simply teleporting herself and others away.

When she finishes speaking, Dena's cell phone will begin to ring, no matter whether there is cellular service here or not.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, the secret communications have begun again! Rein's going to have to invent his own mini-language so he can... uh... talk to his clones he guesses. This turned out to be a sadder line of thought than he expected. Communication is overrated anyways.

Reinholdt lets out a low sigh and shakes his head. "I knew you could be sketchy when you needed to be Raril, but this is... It's too much. I'm actually disappointed. It's low. It's just low. It's hard to even look at you right now."

Rein stands up, stretching his back slightly and glancing at Electra. "If this were an official court of some sort, or directly to her face, it'd be an issue. Not here. I believe this confession should satisfy your employers as to the rightful custody of Raril Xar'cha. Hand him over and we can all get this torrid affair behind us as quickly as possible." Teleporting would also be a highly effective answer if Electra gets started right away. Though once that starts, he imagines it'll be up to Rein and Dena to keep talking until Electra gets everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

The invisible creature knows its presence has been notified, and shifts slightly. It doesn't help identify it, unless Meredith uses magic to dispel the invisibility or see through it.

Touching the throne reveals it's not illusion; it's real paint, and quite recent, too. It's dried, but there's a bit of coloured paint-dust that will stick to her hand. Perhaps one or the other of them will remember the password that the Messenger gave them. Or perhaps pressing elsewhere will help.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blue Zone Markets

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Bloo Zone Market

"O-oh." And that's all she's got.

After a few beats, she manages to continue. "That . . . that's good. Is. Is HALO far?"
    "It is a bit of a trek, yes. But nothing I don't make on a daily basis," Iamar says. Even before the Nexus, Iamar was a soldier. A long march was nothing new to her.

22. - Top - End - #412

Good thing that even in a dress like this Dena kept containers around where she could keep things like that.
    She opens her mouth as if to say something when the phone suddenly calls. "Terribly sorry, but I have to take this. It is important." She gets up and makes a quick apologetic bow before the group before she moves away from the table to take the call. Was Electra actually calling her or was she just supposed to say that something had come up? Let's see...

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Electra will find there's nothing to block her teleportation if she uses it.

"Fine, take me back there. As if you haven't been punishing me and mine for decades for this already." Raril snapped, getting to his feet.

Sszinyon simply growled.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #414

NinjaGuy

Electra's voice is altered, muted, but still recognizable on Dena's phone.

Have a trick. Mountain or Dog castle? Bossman says to make sure everyone touches the hottie with the million dollar body. She's clearly not convinced that if the walls have ears, they can't listen in to what she's saying, or else she wouldn't be talking in a vague code like this. Still, her intent seems clear enough, in asking where to go, and for Dena to phrase her reply as though she's talking to Dipsnig. Clearly, she plans to teleport everyone out, though how is still a mystery. Perhaps not for much longer, though.

Electra's irises flash multiple times in quick succession, and a dim blue glow forms around her body as she steps between Sszinyon and Raril, placing a hand on each's chest, and looking to Rein.

"Fine, I'll release him to Sszinyon's authority, but only once they've both calmed down." She flicks her eyes and tilts her head slightly, beckoning Rein to move in. He can probably guess what she's playing at, since she instructed everyone new to her form of teleportation that they needed to stay calm and not fight it when she teleported them here.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt snorts. "Good luck with that." He's never once heard of someone needing to be calm before being turned over to be put on trial. Strange circumstances.

Like Electra beckoning him over. He obliges certainly, but he was under the impression she could only teleport one person at a time and he isn't the top of the priority list in this group. What is she planning?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #416
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    32D Highwill Road

The invisible creature knows its presence has been notified, and shifts slightly. It doesn't help identify it, unless Meredith uses magic to dispel the invisibility or see through it.

Touching the throne reveals it's not illusion; it's real paint, and quite recent, too. It's dried, but there's a bit of coloured paint-dust that will stick to her hand. Perhaps one or the other of them will remember the password that the Messenger gave them. Or perhaps pressing elsewhere will help.
    "Well, there goes my idea," Meredith says, and pulls back. "No illusion. I thought we would have to find the door first... but perhaps the password will help? Go ahead, Orion, your turn."

As surreptitiously as possible for Meredith - which is to say, extremely noticeably - she backs up to the creature's perch and casts a see-invisibility spell on herself to get a better look at it and perhaps identify it. Her father ran a menagarie of magical creatures, but if it's a construct she won't know anything about it. Either way, out of respect for magic, she does not dispel its invisibility or bother it in any other way.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"She does," Sornnolu admits. "but I don't mind too much. I love my sister. I'd do anything to help her succeed. If it means giving up a little credit, that's fine. Besides, she rewards me. I wouldn't have the position I do without her."
    Cait looks like she is about to say something then gives a little shrug. "I guess that is good. Nice to have a family you can count on I guess." She stands up from the bench stretching her arms above her head.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

"Alright...here goes nothing," Orion stutters nervously, "spoon of...doom?" he questions with no conviction.
    Orion was new to the idea of joining a hidden society, and hearing the password come out his mouth didn't exactly help in warming him up to the fact that he might soon be one of them.

What could they offer him? What would he have to do for them in return?

The questions left him worrying, and that worry made his body tense. He had his division members, but the only one apart from them keeping him sane was Meredith which provided him with the vital comfort that he needed.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

The observer is a particularly ugly faerie. Their long, pointed nose has been broken and has a definite bend in it; their long ears extend far beyond their head and wiry black hair erupts from both ears and nostrils. The wings folded over their back resemble a beetle's, protected by a shiny black elytrum (wing-cover). Arms and legs are thin and gangling, with bulbous knees, elbows and knuckles. The faerie's skin is pallid yellow, and their hair is black and greasy-looking. The eyes gleaming from beneath its brow shine gold, with slit, catlike pupils. And it wears a dirty robe sewn together from several scraps of cloth in a patchwork of colours, disguising the hideous thing's gender. If Matilda knows enough about faeries, she may remember that some are shaped by the magic they wield... Which would suggest this particular example favours some form of 'dark' magic. Alternately, this one is just unfortunate.

Meanwhile, as Orion speaks the password, the rightmost eye turns to look straight at him, looks him up and down, examining him. Once the examination is complete, the pupil widens until it takes up the whole eye, and then more into a black circle over two metres in diameter- a portal.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

32D Highwill Road

Meredith debates for a moment. She did not recognize the faerie, so it was likely not her father's pet. That left the possibilities that it could be here after Orion, or it could be a subtle warning that the members of the Silence of Forbidden Eyes kept questionable company. Not that Meredith judged dark magic - in her opinion, magic was magic and who was to say what was the 'right' magic to use - but, still better to be cautious. "Hello friend," she says to it, loudly enough to alert Orion. She motions to him to carry on with the door - he seems to be having luck with it, and she didn't want to worry him about their faerie observer, except to let him know that it existed. "I'm afraid our puzzling skills may not be all that interesting to watch. Spoon of Doom, by the way, if that means anything to you."

If Orion chooses to go through the portal now, she will follow soon after. But she wanted to at least confront the faerie first.
    Last edited by Peppered; 2017-06-27 at 05:42 PM.