New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Meat Meeting

"Um, maybe? I didn't see it, though. There are some around, both the small horse type and the colourful talkative type with the huge eyes." Like, their eyes are most of their face. Natalie looks around, trying to see if she can see one now, amidst the crowd of humans and humanoids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Meat]

Smorre also looks around, but can't seem to see it either. Mostly because Erin's player didn't specify if there actually was a pony.
    "Oh, you m-mean that oo-over there?" He points at a creature coming around a street corner. Then he looks closer. "No, my bad, th-that's just a f-funky looking d-dog."
    Erin shook her head. "No, I meant on the way here. I didn't know this world had ponies in it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Nithercott's Niceties

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Nithercott's Niceties

Fendrick smiles at Simone and then absent-mindedly shakes his head, removing the tea-droplets from his whiskers. Fendrick thinks Simone is very kind, and is touched by her words.
    Nithercott's Niceties

((Thinking about it, I think it may have been Chai tea I had. But it's generally easier to make three or four coffees than two or three coffees and a tea, as well.))

"I'm glad you were, too. I haven't known you for long, but you seem really nice." Norman nods vigorously, but mainly he's glad because he's back on the surface again. Without Fendrick needing that book, he could have spent even longer with the molemen than he did.

"Thank you for tea, Mr Nithercott. And earrings too. I will nullify your overdue fines. Peculiar circumstances - not your fault!" Simone says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nithercott's Niceties

Fendrick sips the last of his tea and gets up from the floor. He picks up the book and smiles at Norman, thanking him for the jasper ring (and for wanting him to be created).

Fendrick looks towards the door, feeling proud that he has successfully done An Adventure.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Nithercott's Niceties

"I had not even thought about my fines, thank you. It's much appreciated that you came to rescue me, as well." Norman nods earnestly, before taking a drink of his own tea. If either Simone or Fendrick wish to leave, Norman won't stop them; pretty sure the scene's come to a natural end.

Meat Meating

"It wouldn't surprise me, honestly- there's just about everything here, from every world. Even if they use fundamental laws of reality vastly different from each other, and shouldn't be able to interact." Like differing magical schools and casting methods. Or all the different types of inhabitant called 'trolls' with their many and varied shapes and personalities.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2017-04-22 at 01:50 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Erin shook her head. "No, I meant on the way here. I didn't know this world had ponies in it!"
    Meat Meating

"It wouldn't surprise me, honestly- there's just about everything here, from every world. Even if they use fundamental laws of reality vastly different from each other, and shouldn't be able to interact." Like differing magical schools and casting methods. Or all the different types of inhabitant called 'trolls' with their many and varied shapes and personalities.
    [Meat Meeting]

"The overwhelming ma-majority of people is hh-humanoid though, like u-u-us." Smorre adds. "But there's a b-big, long s-street in this city c-called Ca-Carousel Court. It's d-dedicated to quadruped ii-inhabitants, a-and absolutely fu-full of p-ponies."
    A gem fly buzzes by and lands next to his ginger ale, its crystal exoskeleton sparkling like a tiny, disease-spreading rainbow. Smorre raises his hand and considers whether he should shoo the pretty vermin away or squash it flat.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-22 at 02:41 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

The Needle and Thread

Artie sighs happily and shoos Azren away.
    "This is for you, dear. I have no sense of lady's fashion. Go look around and pick something out that you like. I promise that I'll wear any outfit you want me to. Anything." she tells him, pushing him toward the racks. "If it gives you ideas of what I could look like in it that's a good sign." she calls.
    Turning to the seamstress, "I was told that my predecessor was known for wearing kimonos. Do you have any of those? I'll probably be bipedal at some point..."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-04-22 at 05:57 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

"Darkhouses are certainly something to consider for our new land in Riverside. Here in the enclave, the land is mostly residential or commercial, or jealously held by one of the other Houses. It would be hard to find a space large enough for such things. We certainly couldn't grow the giant mushrooms in a small building. They get as big as trees." Sornnolu tells Cait.

[The Needle and Thread]

"Oh kimonos are very popular, especially with the local foxes." Lillith replies. "I have a few made already, in simple patterns, but if you want something more elaborate, like embroidery, I'll have to custom make it." She walks over to a wide drawer on the far left wall of the store and produces some folded kimonos. These were designed with women in mind, and were made with more pastel colors and busier patterns than would be available for the men. There were subtler patterns in the drawer as well, but Lillith was choosing the more youthful ones for Artie. "I can make obis to match whatever you choose, if you'd like a particular pattern on one. Otherwise I have some premade in a few colors. White, black, pink. They tie themselves!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day!

The day has arrived for Intersections official succession day parade, celebrating the return of Inside's police force as a retinue of average citizens and not an occupying empire.

The day itself is festive, with banners and streamers lining the wide street closed off for the procession. Not that it should affect traffic in the city at all; a new one will just spring up to pick up the slack in all likelihood.

Leading the charge is a brightly-painted firetruck, the first marching band, and the body of the first wave of Nexus scouts, all adorable in their little uniforms. Not many have more than a handful of badges since the whole thing was created about two weeks ago. They'll be passing out candy!

Next comes the big balloons and floats, with big round version of iconic Inside citizens like Magtok and Trog. The Temple of Inari has its own float surrounded by members of the werefox battalion, the surface covered in lovely grass and a fake pond. Steven Primerra stands waving at the top, as Caroline's work is never done.

In the middle is the Zebestrius Jazz Band, the imps, goblins, and kobolds (you suspect nothing!) that make up its members oddly keeping pace without any trouble on their tiny legs, blasting out a tune. Behind them is the 1st Unit, the only one comprised entirely of original Remnant officers.

At the back of the parade is the new Sheriff Nick Richards, his coat oiled and his beak polished. The great black griffin is doing is best to wave and look cheerful being driven around in the shiny black limo but it turns out that it's not nearly as comfortable as he was lead to believe. Next to him is his brother, Nexus Scout Nick Richards Junior (yes it's very confusing), waving his little orange dragon-paws. He should probably be with the rest of his troupe but being the Sheriff's little brother has its perks, especially when you're a tiny dragon who has trouble running long distances.

The officers on parade are more interested in throwing confetti and looking good than being intimidating, so despite the risk involved with a big procession they're armed only with sidearms and at most ceremonial carbines. There's very little body armor worn in favor of parade uniforms, particularly to show off the new, less black-on-black look.

((All major non-Amen Orgs will be invited to send a member or two with a banner, including MERC as an olive branch. Players may post their own bands, floats, balloons, and troupes if it makes sense for them to appear. ))

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nithercott's Niceties >> Trog's Tavern

Fendrick gets up, bids farewell to both Norman and Simone, hoping to adventure with one or both of them soon. He heads to Trog's.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

GLoG doesn't have much of a representation, but Sophie did convince Trick to come there with all her various beasts. The Hunter is now walking among them, most likely hand in hand with her girlfriend.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

One of the many groups in the parade was the Delmah Phor Temple School. Those walking with the float were mostly young drow girls, soon to be acolyte priestesses of Lolth. They were mostly dressed in black robes, with designs in purple and red denoting higher ranking members. Two teenaged drowesses in more decorated robes bore the banner, written in both drow script and the common tongue. A quartet of young women flanked the float, an image of the spider queen, a black widow spider's body with a drowess' head. Marching in front of the float, decked out in white silk and golden jewelry, was a drider. Beautiful yet alien, she moved with grace and precision, smiling at the crowd. At her waist was belted a writhing snake-headed whip, marking her as a full priestess. Some of the young girls smiled and waved, while the older ones tried to look aloof. All of them loved the attention they were receiving, and hoped they would recruit a few young drowesses into their fold.

A few sections later, comes another religious group. This was the Order of St. Alicia. The retinue was mostly made up of tieflings, cambions, and other fiendish blooded people, dressed in white. The banner they carried was red velvet and embroidered with gold, with golden fringe. A tiefling woman, with long ibex-like horns, was playing the role of St. Alicia on the float. She was loosely tied to a post and surrounded by bales of hay and wood, which was lit with illusory fire. Though the scene might be scary if she played it up and screamed, she was acting quite comfortable, smiling and waving to the crowd. Walking among the Order, was Victoria Rock, a half-fiend with an injured feathery wing. Beside her was Marcus, a blue skinned young man with bright red hair.

Behind them was a marching band, made of youngsters ranging from 10 to their early 20s. The banner at the front declared them to be the Nexus Band for Underpriveledged Youth. On the Banner were a few sponsers, including a large sign for the Black Dragon's Den, and another saying that the uniforms had been provided by the Needle and Thread. The uniforms in question were a bright white with gleaming gold fixtures, matching the shining instruments they carried. They marched proudly and in step, despite the varying sizes of many of its members. They were cheered on from the sidelines by friends and family and the admiring public. Wasn't it wonderful that people with such poor beginnings were given such a great opportunity?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wow I never would have imagined tree mushrooms existed. You must be excited and busy with plans for your new land." Cait is full of questions, and hoping as a wizard he will like the inquisitiveness. He doesn't seem nearly as paranoid as she had expected Drow to be.

---------------

[Parade Day!]

The Nexusonian Musical Conservatory Marching Band is no normal marching band. Leading them on a small float with a pair of speakers is a huge translucent green ooze playing electric guitar. There is a huge variety of instruments ending with a odd light show that seems to synthesize music as three dancers pass through the beam of lights. A group of people not playing instruments are handing out small carved ocarinas.

On the crowd are a few of my characters. Ven, Silence and Alex stand together cheering loudly for the Conservatory's band. None of them are students but the other two members of their band are.

Clao the little construct of cloth watches the parade from the mouth of an alley. She looks like a small child in a hooded cloak, with glowing eyes that shift colors. Her stubby feet are her only exposed body parts. Cloth wrapped tightly only in the rough shape of a foot. She watches curious not sure what is happening.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

Azren is quite lost. At least in a section for men, he might be able to find something familiar... But the Nexus is mad! This was the same trouble he had buying food in this strange city, and now...

His ears perk as he sifts idly through one of the racks. Well, what have we here...

The ladies can take another round to themselves before he barges back in.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Vigil appears to have sent one of its commanders to the parade. He's riding... a dragon? Since when does Vigil have one of those? He doesn't appear to actually know how to ride anything, relying on the fact that his mount is an intelligent person on his own. Regardless, the Vigil commander looks very stately, waving to the crowds from his saddle. He's wearing his somewhat heavier ceremonial armour for the occasion, and the Answer is on his back.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Parade Day!]

GLoG doesn't have much of a representation, but Sophie did convince Trick to come there with all her various beasts. The Hunter is now walking among them, most likely hand in hand with her girlfriend.
    [Parade Day]

The tiefling investigator is here, holding hands with Sophie, and her tail swishing from side to side in a bit of agitation. She's never been happy with the focused sort of attention a situation like this warrants. Still, she's doing it for Sophie, so she's decided to get over herself.

Her animals, however, are enjoying the attention. At the front is a massive beetle, golden in color with turquoise glowing eyes and thorax, who's all but dancing as he marches in front of all the other animals. Behind him is a panther with fey markings all over its body, shimmering in the sunlight, and walking beside a wolf the size of a horse with spikes running down its back. the other animals in Trick's home are either too small, neurotic, or old for an event like this, meaning the three large ones are getting their time in the sun. Trick is keeping a firm eye on the panther, to make sure she doesn't turn invisible and wander off, but the other two seem downright happy for this event.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Parade Day!

Also entering the parade is a long-standing business man, Pontius Mortifex Dathrii. The master of Pontius' Custom Constructs is leading a rather impressive group.

In the front is Pontius himself, an obese and bald gnome with brown eyes and pale skin, wearing a pristine white toga. He's sat in a padded armchair, which is walking along on six polished copper legs. Behind him are his apprentices; two gnomes, a boy and a girl, with brown hair and green eyes, a goblin with dark orange skin, purple eyes and spiky black hair and a dwarf with long black hair, full beard and ruddy skin. They're all wearing an identical outfit of thick brown cargo trousers, black shirt and a leather apron, everything covered in pockets and pouches, with tools sticking out of them. Behind them are the thing all the eyes are looking at- the golems. Ten of them, all marching in lockstep, carved from white marble and polished to a high sheen. They're very detailed, with carved muscles including a full six pack on all ten golems, and two of them have curly beards. They're wearing bronze-studded leather skirts, and carry bronze-pointed spears over their shoulder.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu doesn't mind her inquisitiveness, and nothing he's telling her is a state secret or anything like that, so he's happy to share.

"Imagine how I felt when I saw a real tree!" The drow exclaims with a laugh. "No, we're pleased to have new lands to expand into. More drow will be able to come up from the Underdark and live here in the Nexus, to reap the opportunities it offers."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

The Needle and Thread

"Oh, those seem lovely. Will they fit over my centaur shape well too. I don't mind if they're special use. I'll let you pick a color. I don't know much about fashion. Would white be alright with my pale skin?" Artie asks with uncertainty.

Parade Day- Wenomir

Spako Highclaws was a bit indignant to be fitted with a saddle, but he understands that it's for his Commander's safety. He poses and struts as he walks, loving the attention. Recognition, so lovely, and so fitting his shiny scales. But walking on his hands feels so strange still.
    He tries to make sure that his wings are placed to support Wenomir during turns so he doesn't feel like there's a risk of falling off.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Nithercott's Niceties

"I had not even thought about my fines, thank you. It's much appreciated that you came to rescue me, as well." Norman nods earnestly, before taking a drink of his own tea. If either Simone or Fendrick wish to leave, Norman won't stop them; pretty sure the scene's come to a natural end.

Meat Meating

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Meat Meeting]

"The overwhelming ma-majority of people is hh-humanoid though, like u-u-us." Smorre adds. "But there's a b-big, long s-street in this city c-called Ca-Carousel Court. It's d-dedicated to quadruped ii-inhabitants, a-and absolutely fu-full of p-ponies."
    A gem fly buzzes by and lands next to his ginger ale, its crystal exoskeleton sparkling like a tiny, disease-spreading rainbow. Smorre raises his hand and considers whether he should shoo the pretty vermin away or squash it flat.
    Smorre > Mercy > Spare.

Erin hopped up excitedly. "I'm gonna go see!" she remarked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"Helllllooooo Itiki!" The camera focuses on a young goblin gal, brimming with energy. She waves and and beams at her audience, her microphone held tightly in her other hand. "This is your Amy Zap reporting directly from the intersection parade here in Inside!" Amy goes out of focus for a moment as the camera scans over the ongoing parade behind her, finally stopping at Wenomir riding Spako. "And as you can see, Wenomir is juuuust passing us by! Probably just returning from another successful demon-hunt. That guy might just have saved your cousin in the outer isles, so give him a round of applause people!"

As no applause's are forthcoming, the camera zooms away from Wenomir once he passes them and focuses on Amy once again, smiling at her adoring, yet imaginary, audience. "First-time viewers might be surprised that he's not a goblin, but that, my friends, was disinformation spread by mainstream media." Her bravado seem to falter just for a second there, looking not at the camera, but past it. "...but thankfully." She quickly continues with newfound enthusiasm, gesturing up towards the sky. "We have someone right here who can tell us all about him!"

The camera moves to she side, and up, way up, until it reveals a tall purple skinned woman who must have been standing at the side this whole time. "I don't actually know that much about him." She says into the mic that she is wearing around her neck.

Any's giggle can be heard off-screen and the camera has to dive town against the compensate for the enormous height difference between the two women. "That's okay, hun." She looks at the camera again, smiling, with the mic held to her mouth. "This is Anika Sunfletcher, VIGIL's newest member." She holds up her handheld mic only to realize that there was a reason they had set up Anika with the neck mic, even if she stood on her toes there was still no way she was going to be able to reach up to such lofty heights.
    "So, uh, tell us about yourself and Wenomir, Anika."

Anika raises an overly long eyebrow. "Us? You're not implying-"

"Oh, gosh no! KR is just missing. We all know that." Amy says confidentially. "Besides, Wenomir likes conservative people like himself. That's why everyone pair him up with Cessie, spirits forbid anything would happen to KR, it is so obvious."

"...right, well, I'm not that interested in him that way either, so that's cool?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-24 at 06:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

"Oh white works with everyone, I think." Lillith says, selecting a crisp white kimono decorated with the image of a cherry tree. Pink blossoms swirl around the sleeves. She also chooses a matching pale pink obi. The fiend then pulls open a second drawer and pulls out a solid pink kimono, to layer under the first. "Here, try these." She offers them to Artie and then gestures to a curtained fitting room in the back, next to a large three panelled mirror.

Lillith then goes over to Azren. "And what have you found?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day

Wenomir might find his ride lurching a bit as Spako suddenly switches to a three legged gait so he can wave at the camera, having been looking for Amy and her crew. It's not like the goblins wouldn't be here.
    "HI AMY!" he shouts, not horribly loud but just loud enough that it's almost definitely audible to the goblin and the camera.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Cleansed Inside and Out]

Syela rolls her eyes are Jim. Those jokes of his are something else alright. "You know what'd be funny?" She says, a random thought popping into her mind. "If we had another girl here to fool around with." She giggles. "Or if you were a girl." Huh, why'd she bring that up? The drink must be getting to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Jim laughs a deep, loud laugh punctuated with a little hiccup.
    "Well, I tried it once when I still had those powers, but n'as a faun too. Would I be hot like you? 'Cause you're the best gal I couldda asked for, that's what I told Lenai. And she was pretty hot too, tall and thin in that...dirt. But you looked great and curvy in nothing." the faun gives her a huge smile she might have trouble seeing. Jim would probably be surprised that his girlfriend is apparently bi but he's far too drunk for it to even really register. The image of Syela before getting into her bikini is far too fresh in Jim's mind to have eyes for anyone else.
    Cleansed Inside and Out

Syela might feel her hands are around a much smaller waist than they ought to be, and as the steam gets too thick to see Jim, what she hears is in a far softer, mellower tone than his loud, drunken tone, "Well, I tried it once before when I still had those powers, but maybe it could be fun again. What do you think?" The body she's holding presses against hers, feeling supple and feminine as its arms try to circle around her, "Am I hot like you? Cause you're the best gal I could ever hope to be like, even better than Lenai. And she was really hot, too, tall and thin under her dirt. But you and me..." a pair of soft lips seek out her own, "We look great and curvy in nothing."

Jim, meanwhile, should feel Syela's arms hold him tight in the thick, impenetrable fog, a light titter at his compliments floating past his ear, "Well maybe I might have picked something up in the mall the other day. What do you think about me in nothing but a necklace?" She tries to lift his hand to rest it on a small, smooth chain with a medallion dangling from it, and then after a moment he feels another body splashing through the water behind him.

It's not long before he can feel a second Syela trying to press up against his back, completely lacking the bathing suit the first had with her hands going down around his hips to try to hold him tightly to her as well.

((The things in my post should be what Syela is hearing in place of what Jim said, and what Jim is hearing in response, in place of what Syela might have said back.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

Parade Day

The Church of Deus Mechanicus is also present on the parade. As you may have guessed they have send a lot of robots to the parade.
    Mia is standing on a cart, wearing her fines High Priestress robes while leaning on the sword she was given.She waves at the crowed.

Around her walk over a dozen robots ech armed with variouse instruments. As the parade beginns they start playing typical parade sounds. As they walk by the robots start to switch instruments with one another while still playing. They don't miss a single note and don't sound to much mechanical either.

Between the robots walk a few acolyts that give out some papers. The paper give a breif information about Deus mechanicus, God of Machines and DMside, the current main location for his priests. There are also papers that offer apprenticeship place in mechanical ways.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Darn Cait is always looking to learn more state secrets. Still gaining a few spellbooks is enough of a gain of info that she is fine with some relaxed conversation. She will always be looking for useful information, but she isn't trying to direct the conversation to any specific topics. "I guess we all get to explore new worlds here in the nexus. I get why your people would want to move here. I am glad they are getting the chance."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Parade Day

One low-scale entry is the Bookbinder's Library and Literacy Circle. This is a scattering of library volunteers (Simone is one of them) accompanied by a donkey cart full of children's books. These, as you can imagine, are not thrown into the crowd, but are given out individually. Simone, in particular, is speaking to the children as she gives them out, and telling anyone who seems to lack access to school about the literacy program just starting up at the Bookbinder's Library.

It's not terribly exciting, but the donkey grows less and less glum as the parade progresses and its load lightens.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Parade Day]

The cart filled with books entraps Clao's attention as soon as it is in sight. She leaves the alley she had been watching the parade from and makes her way to the edge of the street. She nervously stands near a lump of children doing her best to blend in. From behind she stands out a bit because of her odd patchwork cloak. But whoever hands her the book she is eager to receive might be surprised to see her lack of face. Instead she looks like a mannequin wrapped in cloth. A vague nose and glowing balls of light for eyes, currently Orange with excitement. Her hands are also clearly not actual hands but rather three stumpy fingers also made or wrapped in cloth.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"As am I." Sornnolu agrees. "There are not many opportunities in the Underdark. Especially for those who are not a member of a noble house, doubly so for those born male." The drow frowns for a moment, but it quickly passes and he smiles again. "Remnant... ah.. Intersection now, has employed hundreds of drow. The infrastructure of the enclave employs hundreds more. Our new lands in Riverside will probably need an equal amount of people to care for them. It will be quite an undertaking."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Cleansed Inside and Out

Syela might feel her hands are around a much smaller waist than they ought to be, and as the steam gets too thick to see Jim, what she hears is in a far softer, mellower tone than his loud, drunken tone, "Well, I tried it once before when I still had those powers, but maybe it could be fun again. What do you think?" The body she's holding presses against hers, feeling supple and feminine as its arms try to circle around her, "Am I hot like you? Cause you're the best gal I could ever hope to be like, even better than Lenai. And she was really hot, too, tall and thin under her dirt. But you and me..." a pair of soft lips seek out her own, "We look great and curvy in nothing."

Jim, meanwhile, should feel Syela's arms hold him tight in the thick, impenetrable fog, a light titter at his compliments floating past his ear, "Well maybe I might have picked something up in the mall the other day. What do you think about me in nothing but a necklace?" She tries to lift his hand to rest it on a small, smooth chain with a medallion dangling from it, and then after a moment he feels another body splashing through the water behind him.

It's not long before he can feel a second Syela trying to press up against his back, completely lacking the bathing suit the first had with her hands going down around his hips to try to hold him tightly to her as well.

((The things in my post should be what Syela is hearing in place of what Jim said, and what Jim is hearing in response, in place of what Syela might have said back.))

Syela returns the kiss uncertainly at first, but then totally throws herself into it. Dang, is this what she thinks it is? She wasn't lying when she said that she'd be into this, that's for sure. "Wait wait." She tries to get Jim(?) at arm's length for a second. "What's going on?" And why can't she see anything all of a sudden?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim grins unseen, eyes going wide at the sudden touch. He gives a devilish smile, narrowing his eyes in good-natured suspicion.
    "Now how'd you afford such a nice trick as that? Have you been squirreling away your allowance? I know you'd never steal from the cash register!" he asks her, leaning back.