New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Blue Zone Markets

"I do not know of the when, only the where. There is a teahouse around here, one that looks like it was plucked right from my world. I have been there a few times, and the proprietor makes good tea." Iamar furrows her brow a little at the mention of Civvy and her realm. "I had forgotten that Civiron opened her realm. Well, if you think of a good time before I, you can likely find me around the markets here."

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Halfling in the Playground

[Streets of Ill Repute]

Standing out of the light where he is, Adir is just a huge, horned silhouette. His eyes are frosty blue pinpoints.

He manages to menace without moving those meaty fists from where they hang at his sides. He says, a few beats after Wenomir, "I know it's a little old fashioned, but I hate people who pick on girls."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Walking Home]

"I do, three of them," Iknika says, nodding. She sticks close to Claire. "But they're all younger than me, and I try to keep them scared of me. And a lot of cousins. Not as many as you do, probably."
    [Walking Home]

"Oh geez, I don't even try to keep track of all my cousins." Claire shakes her head. "Seriously, when just my immediate family gets together it's insane. That's my eight siblings and basically fourteen nieces and nephews. And that number's only gonna grow. My extended family is trying as hard as it can to fill a stadium."

((Her player doesn't try to keep track either.))

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"Man, and I thought us goblins were bad about it," Iknika says, laughing. "Who needs this many kids around? They're hard to keep track of as it is."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Red Zone Rooftop]

Not even quite sure what it's the roof of. The door leading up to this flat space has been barred from this side.

It's really quite empty, except for the summoning circle. At every point of the diagram there's a candle-flame burning with no candle to support it, and all around it are various autumnal things: harvest fruits and fallen leaves. A lens catches the waning moonlight and guides it to the central circle.
    And the one doing the summoning. The wolf-girl mage Anima now calls on W as the spirit of autumn under the full moon to appear before her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone Rooftop

The answer comes immediately. After all, there’s literally no one else asking to speak with this particular being all day. WHO DARES AWAKEN ME FROM MY-
    There’s a slowness for a moment, like someone turning to face another.
    Then a wind kicks up, blowing the leaves up and around in a little whirlwind that drops a huge shape onto the rooftop. A large, muscular (and naked) man, held up by the body of an enormous wolf. Red in hair and fur, with a few leaves stuck to his coat, though he takes a moment to pull one free of his beard.
    ”Hello, Anima. How have you been holding up?” he asks bashfully.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-12-06 at 09:09 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

Standing out of the light where he is, Adir is just a huge, horned silhouette. His eyes are frosty blue pinpoints.

He manages to menace without moving those meaty fists from where they hang at his sides. He says, a few beats after Wenomir, "I know it's a little old fashioned, but I hate people who pick on girls."
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

"What the hell is going on here?" Wenomir asks, managing to speak loudly and clearly despite being drunk. Seems like some hoodlums harassing an innocent, and thus a job for them.
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

All of the gang doesn't actually turn to Wenomir and Adir right away, the two goblins content with just shouting more profanities at the blue alien who shouts back her own slurred variants. But the goblin in the slouch hat turns to them and her hand goes right to her gun. "VIGIL. ****."

She frowns and Wenomir might now start to recognize her from somewhere. Like back in Skyside...
    "**** your magic. Demonbarking god-people." She growls while pulling her gun, the safety going off with a click.

Now the goblins are suddenly paying a lot of attention, quickly backing away as they're reaching for their own weapons.
    "Yeah thatsh right! Run away!" The drunken woman yells as she brings her hammer down at the ground again.

8. - Top - End - #1088

"It's me; I dare."
    Anima grins when she sees that the summoning has worked, although she is bemused by the shirtlessness of the spirit.
    "Do you actually even sleep?"
    "I've been okay. I feel like I think more clearly now, though it's stressful being human...ish all the time. 've saved a lot of people, though, and it's not long before I graduate. Why do you ask? Don't tell me you're actually concerned with what happens. Is that an autumnal thing?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone Rooftop

”Of course I do. Normal people sleep.” he insists, for a moment oblivious of what he said. He moves on.
    ”I’m sorry that my youthful arrogance has caused you stress. I assume you called me here to talk about that?” he asks her.

10. - Top - End - #1090

If W wants to consider themselves normal, why spoil it for them? Anima just smirks at the silly comment.
    "Not exactly, I get by. I want to check in on you, your worshipers, make sure you're planning for the future. But since you're here, can you fix my body without messing with my head any more?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone Rooftop

Wicke sighs. ”What worshippers?” he asks.
    He has a few of those people Message sent her way months ago. That’s really all he has, aside from the very rare visitor to the Shrine Message erected in the city. But few homesteaders are praying there.
    ”And anyway, I can’t separate your aspects without your brain compartmentalizing them again. If you want both, you must be both. I can try to reconfigure you though if you want.”

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Ill Repute]

"I don't know what magic or gods you're talking about, because I have neither," Wenomir says. "And you don't really know who I am. If you did, you wouldn't be doing stupid things like going for your gun."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1093

"Okay, well, what if you got some? Don't you think you ought to be prepared?"
    Anima allows herself a small sigh at Wicke's answer.
    "Don't be hasty now. Would it be possible to let me reconfigure my aspects, changing from one to the other or both?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Rooftop]

Wicke throws up his hands.
    ”I would love to have more to protect, but they just don’t come. And I don’t wish to throw myself at them.
    As for you, I think what you’re asking for was like a werewolf sort of deal I once had. I could try it. But I can’t promise anything. I’ve only changed a few people, you know.”

15. - Top - End - #1095

"You don't think you might have to choose between having them to protect and throwing yourself out there?"
    "Nah, I wouldn't worry. It took the Lord of Flame more than a generation to really get anyone listening."

Anima allows herself a larger sigh at that.
    "No, uh, better not try anything untested. For all I know it would end up worse. It won't really be a problem for me, living like this. What's the harm in being so unusual?" There's a lot of harm in being unusual, as she well knows, but she's playing that off as nothing. "Why don't you just do something nice to make up for it? Without changing me, of course. And perhaps someday you'll be able to make promises about what will happen to people."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [On the way]

"I was send out to spread the belives of Deus mechanicus." Mia replies. "My world is split by him and another god and things have been equal for a long time. A few years ago the other side gained strength and courage. I was send out to find people that belive in DM. Vigil, at the time I arrived they where calles Watchtower, seems to fit best from all the organisations around. Even if Deus mechanicus is a neutral God, helping others is better then harming them."
    "I agree," Veya smiles in both agreement, and fascination about hearing the history of a high priestess from another part of the vast world, "positive deeds can go a long name, especially when it comes to spreading and teaching others of ones belief.

Veya pauses momentarily, hesitating before she speaks once more.

"Wenomir said that there was a war, right? When Vigil was known as Watchtower? Were you...apart of it?"

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"Man, and I thought us goblins were bad about it," Iknika says, laughing. "Who needs this many kids around? They're hard to keep track of as it is."
    [Walking Home]

"I don't mind. I just liked it when my sisters were around. You know, as reinforcements." Claire giggles. "I don't have to keep track of them, though. Unless I'm, babysitting I guess. But it's always two of us when it's Celia's kids. No way I'm watching ten kids on my own."

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Rooftop]

Wicke sidles up to Anima, putting a hand on her shoulder like any good not-actually-your-uncle.
    "Alright, kiddo. What can I do for you? You need help with boys? Girls? Need a pet? Protection? Nice fur color? I can't exactly get you movie tickets. No money, no power over that."

19. - Top - End - #1099

"I don't need help with boys! It's just not a priority." Anima insists. "And I already have a nice fur color, thank you." Unbleached Silk is a perfectly good color!

"I already have a pet too. How about an item with a bit of magic? Something autumny, or to the full moon?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"Do they bite things? Little goblins bite things all the time. I was surprised when I found out other kids don't," Iknika says.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

All of the gang doesn't actually turn to Wenomir and Adir right away, the two goblins content with just shouting more profanities at the blue alien who shouts back her own slurred variants. But the goblin in the slouch hat turns to them and her hand goes right to her gun. "VIGIL. ****."

She frowns and Wenomir might now start to recognize her from somewhere. Like back in Skyside...
    "**** your magic. Demonbarking god-people." She growls while pulling her gun, the safety going off with a click.

Now the goblins are suddenly paying a lot of attention, quickly backing away as they're reaching for their own weapons.
    "Yeah thatsh right! Run away!" The drunken woman yells as she brings her hammer down at the ground again.
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

"I don't know what magic or gods you're talking about, because I have neither," Wenomir says. "And you don't really know who I am. If you did, you wouldn't be doing stupid things like going for your gun."
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

"You know the color of this particular pond scum, Wenomir? Who are they with?"
    Adir asks, stooping to pick up a rock unless he's shot at or attacked immediately.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Streets of Ill Repute]

No shots are fired just yet. The goblins seem cautious to say at least, their guns unsheathed but the safeties are still on.
    The blue alien now turns to them as she slowly seem to realize someone have intervened. "Ha! You basstards are in trouble now."

The gnoll just bares her teeth however, and despite clearly being tipsy, her reply is surprisingly coherent. "You contradicted yourself there, honey. Since anyone who isn't afraid of bullets and run like you did is magic as ****." She spits in front of the warrior. "Demon-scum."

People around them have long realized there is a fight brewing and soon they will find the street nearly empty with the exception of a few stragglers who seem to want to watch.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Ill Repute]

"They're this KABAL rabble I told you about," Wenomir tells Adir. "They tried to kill me and now blame me for having the gall to survive, it seems." The gnoll is deliberately ignored for now.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Rooftop]

Wicke scratches his ear a bit in thought before he seems to get an idea, clapping his hands together and producing from them a long, straight maple branch adorned with little red leaves. He presents it to her.
    "You said you were graduating soon? A staff for our sorceress, then. It will serve you for a year and a day, and then I ask that you plant it in the ground so that it might grow into a true tree."

25. - Top - End - #1105

"Hmm. Thanks."
    Anima takes the maple staff and swings it around a few times, getting used to it.
    "Never anything straightforward with you people, is there?"
    She's not sure sorceress is the correct term, but it could be a lot more wrong.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

No shots are fired just yet. The goblins seem cautious to say at least, their guns unsheathed but the safeties are still on.
    The blue alien now turns to them as she slowly seem to realize someone have intervened. "Ha! You basstards are in trouble now."

The gnoll just bares her teeth however, and despite clearly being tipsy, her reply is surprisingly coherent. "You contradicted yourself there, honey. Since anyone who isn't afraid of bullets and run like you did is magic as ****." She spits in front of the warrior. "Demon-scum."

People around them have long realized there is a fight brewing and soon they will find the street nearly empty with the exception of a few stragglers who seem to want to watch.
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

"They're this KABAL rabble I told you about," Wenomir tells Adir. "They tried to kill me and now blame me for having the gall to survive, it seems." The gnoll is deliberately ignored for now.
    [Streets of Ill Repute]

"Hrm. Seems like a pretty rude bunch,"
    Adir agrees, squeezing the rock in his hand. He poises it to throw, making ready to bean any one of the three who decides to shoot. "Well tell you what, guys. It's your lucky day. You get to keep your asses, un-kicked, provided you give us some idea where KABAL HQ is."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1107

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Blue Zone Markets

"I do not know of the when, only the where. There is a teahouse around here, one that looks like it was plucked right from my world. I have been there a few times, and the proprietor makes good tea." Iamar furrows her brow a little at the mention of Civvy and her realm. "I had forgotten that Civiron opened her realm. Well, if you think of a good time before I, you can likely find me around the markets here."
    Blue Zone

"Well, I'd be delighted to see it.

It was only fairly recently opened, so I sometimes forget myself. That sounds good. I'll. Um. I'll keep an eye out for you."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "I agree," Veya smiles in both agreement, and fascination about hearing the history of a high priestess from another part of the vast world, "positive deeds can go a long name, especially when it comes to spreading and teaching others of ones belief.

Veya pauses momentarily, hesitating before she speaks once more.

"Wenomir said that there was a war, right? When Vigil was known as Watchtower? Were you...apart of it?"

[On the way]

"Yes and yes."
    Mia says. "While i don't call it 'war'. The demons attacked our base with a hugh army. We had no time to prepare. We lost and Wenomir blew up the base befor it got into the hands of the enemy."
    She tries to replie short, she seems to keep things short with this theme.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1109

Blue Zone Markets

"That's, ah, good, yes. I will try and find you as soon as I can." Although Iamar hasn't much else to say, for some reason she doesn't want to just leave the conversation at that.

Run Down Street

Cassidy leans against the wall of an old theater. The crowds were a little plentiful here, which was just perfect for what she was trying to do. She glances at each face as the people pass her by, but she has yet to find anyone that she's looking for, and she's growing a little annoyed.

"C'mon, I don't have all day," she mutters to herself. She was sure some KABAL members passed by here.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Red Zone Rooftop]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Hmm. Thanks."
    Anima takes the maple staff and swings it around a few times, getting used to it.
    "Never anything straightforward with you people, is there?"
    She's not sure sorceress is the correct term, but it could be a lot more wrong.
    Red Zone Rooftop

Wicke throws his hands up.
    "Hey, you asked for something autumnal. Autumn is about the beautiful decay of the natural world so that it might be reborn again. Also, the early parts of it are mating season, but you said you'd fine with that." he insists.