New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

[Parade Day!]

"Yes, but as I already said, I wouldn't be here if it was just a rumor, sir. That woman you're shooting your documentary with, Amy, I know her, and she is a know associate to a certain Mr. Lawren Kelligan. The leader of KABAL. Were you aware of this? I just need a yes or no right now." Jill insists.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Well, she isn't concerned with pants in that shape anyway. Very frisky,"
    Azren winks, teasing Artie off hand.

Then Artie gets close. His mouth is shaped into a stupid 'o' for a second before he grins brilliantly. Azren doesn't know what a proper noble looks like, but he likes what he sees, so he goes with his gut. "You look like a queen, to me, so that must be something."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Needle and Thread

Artie giggles. She's impressed with Azren. He hasn't had any bad thoughts to make her change, not even in this!
    "Oh, is that your idea, Azren? I could save the pants for when I have to be two-legged. Or it could be a skirt or a saddle? Is that how magic works? Still, thank you Azren. That's high praise from a forest prince."
    That might now be quite how the Frescots work but that's how Artie understood it.
    [The Needle and Thread]

She is quite lovely, Lillith thinks, and a shapeshifter too. That could be useful.

"You know, I've thought of another way you could get some more clothes." The fiend suggests. "I was planning to hold a fashion show, and could use a model with your talents. I'd give you any of the clothes you modeled."

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

"I'm glad you understand." Sornnolu says. "I would hate to have offended you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"I know who Kelligan is, but I know nothing about his being a head of anything named KABAL," Wenomir states drily. Mind you, he wouldn't be surprised if Kelligan was involved in something shady. And if he is, it's going to be his problem. Wonderful.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"The only interaction we've had with Mr. Kelligan is Miss Zap producing her little program. I don't doubt a businessman that big
    (Spako calls upon every last scrap of will to not chuckle at his own joke there and keep a straight face and tone) has his own group of thugs but we haven't heard of them. I spoke to him for about five minutes when Miss Zap was making her pitch but that was our entire organization's contact with him. Everything else was just Amy and a lawyer." He's not....technically lying. Amy and Kelligan's lawyer did all of the talking before and after the negotiations. They really have only spoken once.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

A horned humanoid with gray skin walks along the road, staring at the parade with an expression of disapproval on his face. He is drinking lemonade from an ancient, rusty chalice.
    "well, wats all this nonsense about? it's some kind of weird religious procession?"
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-05-02 at 02:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

[Parade Day!]

"Okay, that's all I needed to know for now, so I won't take any more of your time." She smiles. "Have a nice parade now, and keep up the good work." She nods politely and then turns to converse with her crew, looks like they're off the hook now.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Cleansed Inside and Out]

It's hard to resist those affection, she must admit. She gets handsy while Jim kisses her. She'll let Jim have his (her?) ways with her for a while longer, but something is eating at the back of her mind. "That's really weird though, right? Maybe we should get out of this mist and we can see?" Even if this is fine, not being able to see seems like a waste.
    Cleansed Inside and Out

"Mmmm, alright. I-whoops!" "Jim" trips, falling heavily into Syela and possibly even taking her into the water along with him! But it seems like a calculated ploy to try and kiss her as much as possible and maybe even get a little more handsy, or at least as calculated as Jim's thoroughly sloshed brain can handle.

The more Syela allows "Jim" to have his way, the heavier he'll feel, until his weight on top of her might start pushing her under the surface, the hot, mineral-laden water stinging her eyes.

Jim's eyes narrow.
    "Syela, you don't get birthday money. You were complaining about it last week!" Jim recalls despite the alcohol. He remembers things that happen often.
    "What're you hiding?" he asks with a sly smile, waving a hand (and channeling through his unconscious humunculus) to produce a very poorly made, flickering red light so he can get a look at Syela's face without ruining the mood.
    Cleansed Inside and Out

"Oooooh, caught me in the act, Jim-bo? Well, maybe I don't feel like tellin'." The Syela in front of him takes a noisy swig from the bottle, the dull red light just barely outlining her features, "Maybe you should force it out of me, if you think you can!" The other one taunts into his ear, reaching up to tickle him fiercely along his ribs. This goes on for a moment before both of the doppelgangers try to lower themselves deeper into the water and tug at Jim's legs, trying to trip up the tipsy faun and send him splashing down in there with them.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #158

NinjaGuy

[Delmah Phor - Family Reunion]

A blue beam descends once more just outside the gate to Delmah Phor, a few yards from where Dena and Electra were standing when they first arrived. The beam materializes into the latter of that duo, and a male figure that turns out to be Raril. She looks around for Dena, then waves at her, and walks over.

"Well, here we are. What's the plan?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Meat Meating

"Thank you, Reelshka. I'll let her know." And if that's everything, Natalie will say 'goodbye' and hang up. I can't think of anything else, anyway.
    Erin glanced back and forth between S'more and Natalie, waiting for the latter to finish her call.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

A blue beam descends once more just outside the gate to Delmah Phor, a few yards from where Dena and Electra were standing when they first arrived. The beam materializes into the latter of that duo, and a male figure that turns out to be Raril. She looks around for Dena, then waves at her, and walks over.

"Well, here we are. What's the plan?"

"Hey, Raril." Dena greets. "The plan was for for you to tell us about about Delmah Phor before we get your brother here. Just so we don't screw things up. Our cultures seem similar, yet for that very reason, I don't want to take the risk by going in culturally blind. So simply tell us how to act and not act while in there." She gestures at the building.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course I wouldn't put you on the spot like that. I am not that desperate for work. Though if my work here in the Nexus does dry up I will be sad to leave. I've rather enjoyed my time here." Cait says smiling at him. "I hope no one will mind that you are taking time to teach a human some magic."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"I hate dealing with the media so much," Wenomir complains with a sigh. "Their questions are either inane and pointless, or outright manipulative. And apparently, the goblins extorting us for a ridiculous TV show aren't enough."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-05-03 at 11:05 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day

Spako's wings reach up to give Wenomir a warm hug.
    "You have to lighten up, Commander. Life is too short to worry about how people make cute kid-friendly interpretations of stuff and the resulting attention. Thousands of little green kids look up to you. Isn't that enough?"

Well, for him. Life is plenty long for Spako.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-03 at 12:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Parade Day

Anika shrugs. "Wasn't that much of a bother, why work yourself up about it? So much else to get annoyed about. Like this music, so loud."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Meat Meating

Putting away her rather old-fashioned mobile, Natalie turns to smile at the cat and the dog. "Good news, Erin. GLoG's happy to have you." It's only now she's hung up that Natalie realises she hasn't mentioned Erin's species. Too late now, she thinks as she sips her fizzy drink.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Catalessi View Post
    [Parade Day!]

A horned humanoid with gray skin walks along the road, staring at the parade with an expression of disapproval on his face. He is drinking lemonade from an ancient, rusty chalice.
    "well, wats all this nonsense about? it's some kind of weird religious procession?"
    "Just a celebration of the new government of the city," explains a dark-skinned, blue-eyed woman walking past. She's holding hands with a tiefling woman, and she's accompanied by several weird animals - a huge beetle, a dire wolf and a panther.

Spoiler
    Show

Parade Day

Spako's wings reach up to give Wenomir a warm hug.
    "You have to lighten up, Commander. Life is too short to worry about how people make cute kid-friendly interpretations of stuff and the resulting attention. Thousands of little green kids look up to you. Isn't that enough?"

Well, for him. Life is plenty long for Spako.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Parade Day

Anika shrugs. "Wasn't that much of a bother, why work yourself up about it? So much else to get annoyed about. Like this music, so loud."
    "My life's work being turned into cheap entertainment for the masses," Wenomir says, drawing out the words. "Answering invasive questions. Having to watch my words so reporters don't twist them to their purpose. And now it turns out the person responsible for it might be deceiving us." He shakes his head. "The don't look up to me, either. Just a caricature of me those people created."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Cleansed Inside and Out

"Mmmm, alright. I-whoops!" "Jim" trips, falling heavily into Syela and possibly even taking her into the water along with him! But it seems like a calculated ploy to try and kiss her as much as possible and maybe even get a little more handsy, or at least as calculated as Jim's thoroughly sloshed brain can handle.

The more Syela allows "Jim" to have his way, the heavier he'll feel, until his weight on top of her might start pushing her under the surface, the hot, mineral-laden water stinging her eyes.

Cleansed Inside and Out

"Oooooh, caught me in the act, Jim-bo? Well, maybe I don't feel like tellin'." The Syela in front of him takes a noisy swig from the bottle, the dull red light just barely outlining her features, "Maybe you should force it out of me, if you think you can!" The other one taunts into his ear, reaching up to tickle him fiercely along his ribs. This goes on for a moment before both of the doppelgangers try to lower themselves deeper into the water and tug at Jim's legs, trying to trip up the tipsy faun and send him splashing down in there with them.

"Jim! What are you-" Syela gurgles as she falls back into the water. She gets her head back above water, choking on some water. "You *******!" She shouts as she tries to shove him away with a sudden impact of her hand.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"But they don't know it's a caricature, Wenomir. And even if this does line Kelligan's pockets, you can still, without them even realizing it, transition their attention from the fiction to the facts. And they'll respect the real you. You just have to try." urges the alloy-dragon.

Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim stiffens, looking very angry as his light stops flickering. Normally, he would give Syela a pass. But he's a bit drunk. And "Jimbo" rhymes with "jumbo," an unfortunate coincidence that he was reminded of very, very often being the fat kid growing up. Had he ever told Syela not to call him that? He can't remember. But he does know that she's just killed his mood. He moves sideways towards the wall, and doesn't indulge in Syela's tickling. He isn't ticklish and usually just fakes it for Syela's sake. Now's as good a time as ever for her to figure it out. "No thanks."

His movement won't give him much help against being pulled under, though. He has the edge within reach, giving him a small handhold in a stone on the edge, but it's very tentative and he'll likely slip if pulled hard. He yelps, legs flailing and possibly whacking the copy in the face.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Just a celebration of the new government of the city," explains a dark-skinned, blue-eyed woman walking past. She's holding hands with a tiefling woman, and she's accompanied by several weird animals - a huge beetle, a dire wolf and a panther.
    Hidrus isn't impressed by the animals, but tries to not get too close to them.

"new government, huh? so the old one must have been really bad. or maybe here is normal to celebrate things like that?"

It seems like he has decided to follow the two women

20. - Top - End - #170

[Parade Day!]

"Yeah, I think Spako have the right idea. Show them that this stupid caricature is just a phony, that the real deal is even better, without all that stupid story drama they probably added. You don't even have to do anything, just be yourself, and if they find that boring, well then they can go and screw themselves, amirite?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, Raril." Dena greets. "The plan was for for you to tell us about about Delmah Phor before we get your brother here. Just so we don't screw things up. Our cultures seem similar, yet for that very reason, I don't want to take the risk by going in culturally blind. So simply tell us how to act and not act while in there." She gestures at the building.

"Just act respectful and everything should go smoothly." Raril says. "Women rule here, so you've got a bit of an edge, Dena. Unfortunately, non-drow don't count for much. Sorry Electra. I can get us into the Palace, because of my rank, no problem. I don't think my sisters will interfere with this, unless we start trying to murder one another." The drow shrugs. "I plan to be on my best behavior, though."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"Of course I wouldn't put you on the spot like that. I am not that desperate for work. Though if my work here in the Nexus does dry up I will be sad to leave. I've rather enjoyed my time here." Cait says smiling at him. "I hope no one will mind that you are taking time to teach a human some magic."
    "Oh, there might be some jealousy." Sornnolu admits. "But what I do with my free time is my business, largely. If I say it's some sort of community outreach, no one will look any deeper. They'll just blame my eccentricities."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #172

NinjaGuy

Electra shrugs. She's more or less hired muscle at this point, so she's not really expecting treatment better than that of a bodyguard. Still, probably better to know the rules here.

"If someone does make an attempt on you here, Raril, we are allowed to defend you with whatever force is necessary, are we not? And, should I retrieve Reinholdt before you three head up to the palace? I'm assuming if you're already in the palace when I bring Sszinyon, that he can get me in, but is that correct?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A eccentric wizard tutor, my parents would be so proud." Cait says with a grin. "Do you have any habits I should be worried about?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"But they don't know it's a caricature, Wenomir. And even if this does line Kelligan's pockets, you can still, without them even realizing it, transition their attention from the fiction to the facts. And they'll respect the real you. You just have to try." urges the alloy-dragon.
    "Yeah, I think Spako have the right idea. Show them that this stupid caricature is just a phony, that the real deal is even better, without all that stupid story drama they probably added. You don't even have to do anything, just be yourself, and if they find that boring, well then they can go and screw themselves, amirite?"
    "I doubt my ability to get my real message past those reporters," Wenomir says. "But I'll try. Countering all the lies and self-serving narratives people spin has always been an uphill battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Catalessi View Post

Hidrus isn't impressed by the animals, but tries to not get too close to them.

"new government, huh? so the old one must have been really bad. or maybe here is normal to celebrate things like that?"

It seems like he has decided to follow the two women
    The woman shrugs.

"It's just something the new people in charge decided to organize. All major groups were invited to show themselves. I'm here representing the Good League of Good, which is a charity organization. My name's Sophie, and this is Trick, my girlfriend."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day!

"That's the spirit!" declares the dragon, satisfied as they plod down the boulevard with the rest of the procession.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The woman shrugs.

"It's just something the new people in charge decided to organize. All major groups were invited to show themselves. I'm here representing the Good League of Good, which is a charity organization. My name's Sophie, and this is Trick, my girlfriend."
    "haha, woah, ok, i don't think i understand all those things. i just arrived here in the, humm, 'nexus'. it was a hasty escape, and my culture was pretty different. and much more advanced. i'm hidrus, by the way"

27. - Top - End - #177

"So not that different, got it. Just play nice and hope for the best. Politics in its finest. Will we have to talk, or are you going to take care of all that?" Dena asks. "You can probably go and get Reinholdt now though, Electra."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Sophie quirks an eyebrow.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Hidrus. It's normal to be a little confused after arriving here. What exactly didn't you understand?"

((Trick is played by another player, who can't post right now. So she's just walking along.))
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-05-05 at 07:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

"well, like, why they organize things like that? or... nevermind, this is probably a dumb question. instead, what it is a 'charity organization'? i mean, i know what these words mean. but is it really a thing?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"Of course it is," Sophie assures him. "We help those who need it, and those who want to turn away from a life of wrong-doing."