New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

[Parade Day Apple Chase]

Patty the human woman from Music Emporium chases the apple to where Fel is trying to magic it into her grasp. "Hey that says for the fairest not the biggest." The grin on her face in friendly she rests a hand on her hip breathing only a little hard from chasing the apple. She is wearing a bright green dancers leotard.
    Fel smiles slyly.

Haven't you heard?

I'm both.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

Azren's ears and eyebrows perk. "Getting clothes for wearing them? Only thieves get a better deal. You should do this, Artie." He says, then quickly adds, "Though... what is a fashion show?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

Artie grins, going to wrap an arm around the stag and pull Azren towards her by the neck. With their height difference he'd likely end up with his head resting against her chest. "So now you're all interested in seeing me dolled up?" she teases him, though she looks back at the fiend and goes back to being embarrassed almost immediately.
    "But um, a show? Like...with people watching?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Family Reunion]

Electra shrugs. She's more or less hired muscle at this point, so she's not really expecting treatment better than that of a bodyguard. Still, probably better to know the rules here.

"If someone does make an attempt on you here, Raril, we are allowed to defend you with whatever force is necessary, are we not? And, should I retrieve Reinholdt before you three head up to the palace? I'm assuming if you're already in the palace when I bring Sszinyon, that he can get me in, but is that correct?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"So not that different, got it. Just play nice and hope for the best. Politics in its finest. Will we have to talk, or are you going to take care of all that?" Dena asks. "You can probably go and get Reinholdt now though, Electra."

"Sszinyon can get you into the palace. I'll be waiting in the terrarium room, he'll know where that is." Raril says to Electra. "I'll do most of the talking, though you might be expected to speak for yourself, Dena. A male speaking for you might be... odd." The drow says, leading the way to the palace.

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

"A eccentric wizard tutor, my parents would be so proud." Cait says with a grin. "Do you have any habits I should be worried about?"

"Baby eating, mass murder, ritual sacrifice." Sornnolu lists off. "The usual drow stuff." He's clearly joking, but delivers the line so dryly, it's hard to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Needle and Thread]

Azren's ears and eyebrows perk. "Getting clothes for wearing them? Only thieves get a better deal. You should do this, Artie." He says, then quickly adds, "Though... what is a fashion show?"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [The Needle and Thread]

Artie grins, going to wrap an arm around the stag and pull Azren towards her by the neck. With their height difference he'd likely end up with his head resting against her chest. "So now you're all interested in seeing me dolled up?" she teases him, though she looks back at the fiend and goes back to being embarrassed almost immediately.
    "But um, a show? Like...with people watching?"
    [The Needle and Thread]

Lillith smiles at the cute antics of the couple, but there's something... hungry... in her red eyes.

"Yes, you get up on a stage and display the different styles I have to offer. I'll invite the social elite of the Nexus to view it, so if they see something they like, they can place an order. Their fashionable choices will effect the decisions of the rest of the Nexus, driving up my sales." The fiend explains.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra nods, noting Raril didn't exactly answer her question about whether they're allowed to intervene should a fight start, and decides not to press the question. Instead, she simply disappears in a blue beam once more once Raril finishes speaking, ostensibly to retrieve Reinholdt.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Parade Day!]

"Of course it is," Sophie assures him. "We help those who need it, and those who want to turn away from a life of wrong-doing."
    "well those are some pretty alien concepts. in my culture we handle those things in, a, different manner. or, we used to handle, because my species is probably already extinct"

He talk about the recent extinction of his people with a really casual voice.
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-05-07 at 10:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Sophie, predictably enough, takes it with shock.

"Your whole species? I'm so sorry."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #188

[The Needle and Thread]

Azren nods with the shopkeep's words. "This sounds like quite the festival. And just as I'd thought," he says. "It sounds very prestigious! She'll do it!" He volunteers, pumping his fist across his body.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

Arty sputters, releasing Azren to look at him.
    "What? But-but Azren, I, I, there'll be people watching..." she says, squirming mid-air.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Needle and Thread]

"You really don't have to if you don't want to." Lillith says. "But I could use the help, especially from a shape shifter. You could show so many different styles, without my needing a whole bunch of models."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Parade Day]

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel smiles slyly.

Haven't you heard?

I'm both.
    "Well your proportional ego might say so, but really can one be both judge and contestant? I think we need to find some impartial judges. I don't think it will be that hard." She says motioning to the crowd gathered to watch the parade.

"So nothing I couldn't guess, good. Glad you don't collect porcelain fools, or really enjoy washing feet." Cait says obviously picking to believe he is joking.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Sophie, predictably enough, takes it with shock.

"Your whole species? I'm so sorry."
    "oh, i'm fine. it's a thing i discovered a long time ago. it was destiny. also, some of my... friends were able to escape here as well. probably.
    so, i ended here, i don't know where are the only people that i ever cared about, and i'm still trying to figure out how to live here"
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-05-08 at 10:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"You're not the only one in this kind of situation," Sophie says. "The Nexus draws in displaced people of all sorts. If you need any help, our doors are open."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu chuckles. "Oh goodness, no!" He pulls a face at the thought of washing feet. "What about you? Anything strange I should be worried about?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"Sszinyon can get you into the palace. I'll be waiting in the terrarium room, he'll know where that is." Raril says to Electra. "I'll do most of the talking, though you might be expected to speak for yourself, Dena. A male speaking for you might be... odd." The drow says, leading the way to the palace.

"But I'm just a mercenary. I don't actually know that much about your family drama other than what your brother have told me. What would I be expected to talk about exactly?" Dena asks as she walks by his side.

16. - Top - End - #196

NinjaGuy

The now familiar blue beam once more descends and materializes into two people just in front of the gate to Delmah Phor. Electra, and Reinholdt have arrived, and hopefully before Raril and Dena have gotten too far away. She looks to Rein.

"I think, if you hurry, you might catch up before they get to the palace. Raril said he'd be waiting in the Terrarium room, but I don't know if they'll let you in without either Raril or Sszinyon present. I'll be bringing Sszinyon next, and he can get us in if you can't catch up to Raril and Dena."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"Just say who you are and what you represent here. They won't ask too many questions. They'll just need a name at the door." Raril explains to Dena.

He pauses to look back at the blue light that came down from the sky. Reinholdt might spot him waving back at them.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #198

"Right." Dena nods and turn to face Electra and Rein. "Sorry for the wait, had to clear up a few things first. These things take a lot of planning as you probably know."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could always sneak in like the old days. That'd be fun," Reinholdt grins at Electra before spotting Raril waving at them. The fey waves back. "Never mind, there they are. Maybe next time."

Leaving Electra's side, he goes to join Dena and Raril, quirking an eyebrow as Dena speaks up. "Not really..." Reinholdt admits. He suspects Dena tends to overplan things if how much she wanted to know about Sszy's weaknesses and escape routes and such back at the castle was any indication. At first he thought maybe it was because Sszinyon was suspected of hiring the assassin, but now he's wondering if it isn't her normal pattern of behavior.

Admittedly, he probably under plans things. He's certainly gone into every step of this without much of a plan. But that's what keeps life exciting. And keeps everyone else guessing. After all, can others predict your next move if even you don't know what it is?

"You're looking better Raril. Glad you made it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

[Parade Day]

"Well your proportional ego might say so, but really can one be both judge and contestant? I think we need to find some impartial judges. I don't think it will be that hard." She says motioning to the crowd gathered to watch the parade.
    Fel shrugs.

If you insist.

She casts a mirror image spell, leaving behind an illusory floating Felandria as she shrinks down to normal for her size and lands feet first on the ground, still clutching the flying Apple.

I mean, I do have this apple and everything, but I suppose we can find some judges, but where?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

[Parade Day!]

"You're not the only one in this kind of situation," Sophie says. "The Nexus draws in displaced people of all sorts. If you need any help, our doors are open."
    "oh. umm. why not? after all, it seems like a interesting thing, to help others simply because you want to help them. so, where can i find this "good league"?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"It's to north-west of the city, around a big lake," Sophie explains. "You can also take the Riftline... it's a mass transit system. There's a station not farm from the League. Just look for a big, lakeside camp site."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Like my collection of ledgers bound in human skin that whisper to me in the night." She taps her bottom lip with a finger thinking. While her tone is clearly joking she is wondering if she has those ledgers locked in a box that would prevent voices from escaping. "No nothing comes to mind. I might be somewhat exciting for an accountant, but live a pretty boring life by any other standard." She tells her biggest lie yet.

----------------

[Parade Day]

"And if the apple said for the one who grabs me first I wouldn't have an issue. Lets see if we can find any volunteers from the crowd." Patti grins and moves towards the crowd looking to grab some people and drag them into the parade to judge. Seems like she has a loose definition of volunteer.

(Any PCs in the crowd that want to be pulled in. Anyone else want to compete or make some drama?)
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

[Parade Day!]

"It's to north-west of the city, around a big lake," Sophie explains. "You can also take the Riftline... it's a mass transit system. There's a station not farm from the League. Just look for a big, lakeside camp site."
    "well, ill be there. maybe tomorrow, i have something to do before"

He looks at the girl seeking people to judge something. Beign a member of an extremely advanced civilization and all, he can do the kindness of sharing his Superior aesthetic sense
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-05-15 at 12:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day!

When Sophie turns back from the troll (assuming she does as he volunteers) she'll find that at some point an interloper snuck into her menagerie. A tiny, shiny, two-legged crocodile wearing a blue scarf decorated with gold thread and holding an old wooden staff with a bronze ring over its shoulder.
    They suspect nothing! To-to!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"That's great. Maybe I'll meet you there -oh."

Sophie notices the little crocodile person walking by. Is it a child, or just someone very short? It's so hard to tell sometimes.

"Hello," she simply says.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Parade Day!

The little creature presents the staff to Sophie, babbling nonsense. Should she touch it, she should immediately begin to hear him in the voice of a normal but very young child.
    "To to, to-to-dile di-and Daddy said to find the nice lady with the sign that had two G's, and G is a letter!"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Chippy Date

"It being sausage doesn't stop it being fish and chips, Nisha. It's like... Ordering chicken nuggets at a burger bar. You still went out for a burger, didn't you?" Or is my family just a little weird? Although, we never have the sausage either.

"Oh, it's nice. It's carbonated. I've heard it tastes like a sarsaparilla, but I've never had one, so I wouldn't know. It's not made with real burdock, though. Not any more, at least. The stuff they used to use is a carcinogen, so they use something else instead." The change was made fifty years ago, however. When the meal arrives, it's wrapped up in yesterday's newspaper, except the drink and sauce. The dandelion & burdock is in a small can, and the sauce is in a little polystyrene tub with a plastic lid. The fish and the chips are very hot; the girls have just watched them get pulled from the fryer after all. The sauce is also hot, kept on a heated shelf with the fish and chips ready to be ordered. "Let's sit upstairs. The view's better." Natalie will then head upstairs, walking to a table near the 'prow' of the ship-building, looking out onto quite a busy street and the parade going past, because serendipity.

On the table are little sachets of ketchup, tartar sauce, a salt shaker, a little bottle of vinegar and a tub of wooden two-pronged forks. Natalie unwraps her newspaper, revealing the fish has been placed in a little polystyrene dish, and then her chips. She'll sprinkle the salt & vinegar onto both fish and chips, before squeezing ketchup out next to the chips and tartar sauce into the polystyrene dish. She'll start by taking a chip and dunking it in ketchup before eating it; Natalie's neglected the forks, which are entirely optional.

Nisha smiles and nods at her girlfriend's logic. "You've got a point there, Talie." She can't help but lick her lips in anticipation as the burdock is described to her, already imagining the taste on her tongue. It not being made with real burdock would change the taste, she mentally muses with a frown, but deems that their alternative must be good enough if they're resorting to it. Besides, being unaware of how long ago it was changed, she plans to give Natalie a taste of her own drink, trusting her British tongue to be able to tell if it's anything like the real thing.

That is, assuming Natalie's had burdock before.

Nisha notes with interest how their meal is wrapped with old newspapers, remembering how she'd been told by the older generation how suya used to be wrapped in such, before newspapers became made with electronic paper with nano-circuits inside them. She eagerly collects her hot meal and follows her girlfriend upstairs, placing her meal on the table as soon as they arrive by the windowside table.

She unwraps her own food and begins absolutely drenching her chips in ketchup, saving the Chinese sauce for the fish. The can of burdock is opened and she takes a sip out of it, pausing to savor the nice-tasting drink, before using a fork to eat some chips and ketchup. "Want some of my drink, Talie? It's really good. Also, I've been meaning to talk to you about something..." She trails off, sounding wistful all of a sudden.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

No window- the shop's shaped like a ship, and they're on the deck, meaning they're basically sat on the roof of a shop with a novelty shape. Also means the view is in all directions.

"I know it is, Nisha. It's my favourite." She's ordered it in the other scene she's in here in Inside. Natalie doesn't stop eating to talk, though she only talks between bites, when her mouth is empty. She's really enjoying her fish and chips, smiling at her girlfriend's use of a fork. She's used her hands to open her fish, and is eating it with her fingers. "What is it, Nisha? Are you OK?" The wistful tone is noted, and Natalie seems to be misinterpreting it- she's getting a little worried. Though not so worried she can't eat some of her delicious meal; she hasn't had fish and chips like this since she last went to the seaside with her family, a long time ago. It's happy memories, long before she'd heard of the Nexus.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [The Needle and Thread]

Arty sputters, releasing Azren to look at him.
    "What? But-but Azren, I, I, there'll be people watching..." she says, squirming mid-air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [The Needle and Thread]

"You really don't have to if you don't want to." Lillith says. "But I could use the help, especially from a shape shifter. You could show so many different styles, without my needing a whole bunch of models."

"So? People watch you all the time. They watch me, too. And everyone,"
    Azren posits. "They're going to be watching you so much more in this new shape, too." He nods sagely. The eyes are inescapable.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters