New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

PokéStreet

Ben's still not used to having legs, and moves, and so is not prepared for the big hug by the big blue bloke. Neither Alf nor his pokémon are capable of resisting, and are carried into the ice-cream shop.

In the shop, assuming they're let go long enough to order, Alfred will order a coffee ice cream, and Ben will protest loudly and nudge Alfred's leg until a pokéblock is ordered for him.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

The first thing Alf is likely to notice is the classic 1950s style diner that Sam pulls him into. The second is that all the employees seem to be Miltanks. One moos at Sam questioningly, but perks up as Sam explains that they're newcomers. The only clothing on their server is a name tag that reads MALT so hopefully Alf doesn't stare too much at the poor tiny cow. She seats them eagerly and recited their menu's weekly specials and options before they order. Before she returns with the ice cream she leaves to go put in their orders.
    Sam's smile hasn't budged an inch. "I have no idea what they're saying." he says cheerily. Chances are Alfred doesn't eitherbunless he speaks Pokémon or cow.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

They're nearly four foot tall. Hardly 'tiny'. About twice the height of Ben, for example.

Alfred doesn't speak pokémon, nor cow. He doesn't look too much at the pokémon, they make sense if he's somehow fallen into the pokémon world- and his new pokédex and Ben support that assumption. Sam doesn't, however, unless he's from that new game he's heard of but hasn't looked into, the Hawaiian one.

"So... Where are we? Besides in an American-style diner ran by Miltank. What are you, if I can ask without being rude? What happened to my pokédex- I mean, pokédex- damn, still can't say it. Why is this my pokédex now, and where am I in relation to London? Can I go home?" Not that there's much for him back there- an overpriced flat taking up too much money, a job that barely covers his expenses and a perennial lack of girlfriends.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    No window- the shop's shaped like a ship, and they're on the deck, meaning they're basically sat on the roof of a shop with a novelty shape. Also means the view is in all directions.

"I know it is, Nisha. It's my favourite." She's ordered it in the other scene she's in here in Inside. Natalie doesn't stop eating to talk, though she only talks between bites, when her mouth is empty. She's really enjoying her fish and chips, smiling at her girlfriend's use of a fork. She's used her hands to open her fish, and is eating it with her fingers. "What is it, Nisha? Are you OK?" The wistful tone is noted, and Natalie seems to be misinterpreting it- she's getting a little worried. Though not so worried she can't eat some of her delicious meal; she hasn't had fish and chips like this since she last went to the seaside with her family, a long time ago. It's happy memories, long before she'd heard of the Nexus.
    Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Chippy Date

Nisha notices how Natalie uses her fingers to eat her fish, then looks at her own now-opened fish drenched in Chinese sauce and breaks off a piece with her fingers, though that doesn't stop her at all from using the fork with the ketchup-soaked chips, a bunch of which goes in her mouth a few seconds later to mingle with the hot fish in her mouth, bathing her tastebuds in the combined delicious taste before going down her throat. "Well, that makes two of us, because it's now my favorite. Maybe second only to Fanta." She comments on the drink, taking another sip and savoring the taste once more.

When she notes how worried Natalie sounds, she suddenly raises both her hands in a bid to calm her girlfriend. "Don't be worried, Talie, it's nothing damning. Well, that depends on your point of view... how much have I told you about my home? Because I don't think I ever told you that it still exists, and I can get to it if and when I want. There's even a small Outside colony of us near The Tower, who come and go to and from the Nexus..." Nisha trails off and gazes at the horizon, sighing.

"What if I wanted to leave the Nexus, and wanted you to come along? Would you?" Nisha asks, not looking at Natalie so that she wouldn't be able to see the disappointment if she gets a no.

Why didn't she just say it at the end of the date, she asks herself. A no would just ruin the atmosphere, and she'd end up ruining Natalie's day.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

"Well, you're in the city of Inside, Nexus. Which I don't think is anywhere near London." Sam ponders, though he does actually have a bit of an English accent. His accent got a lot different once he had to start talking through a snout though, so it's not nearly as thick as it used to be. "As for the rest, I haven't a clue what your phone thingy is. Me, I'm just a normal human gal, can't you tell?" Sam says with a strait face, fluttering his eyelashes, but he bursts into giggles within seconds.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Sophie nods. She thinks she understands it now. This Sobek has fathered Nak somehow, but he can't take care of him, because he's not on the material plane. So he's looking for someone who'd adopt the little crocodile. She can respect that. Kind of odd to send Nak all on his own to ask people about it...

"That makes sense. What sort of parents would you like to have?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Date

Natalie doesn't comment immediately, thinking about it seriously. She's still eating her fish and chips, though demolishing may be a more accurate description at the rate they're going. "I... I don't know. Would I have somewhere to stay, first off, is my currency compatible, how do you get there, what's it like... I want to say yes, but I've got friends here, and my world's just next door and my brother's there. I'm glad you can go back, though, Nisha. That's not something I can do." She fled hers following political instability and the near-total destruction of the English aristocracy. Doesn't come up much, but Natalie's maternal grandfather was a baron, and her father was knighted. She sounds sad; she misses England, though Nexus is fun too.

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Have you heard of England? London's the capital, where Queen Elizabeth the Second lives. And me, but not in the same house. Is there an embassy I can visit? How do you visit an embassy, anyway? Man, had I known I was going abroad, I'd have looked it up. Had I known I was going abroad, I'd have picked up my passport." When Sam asserts he's a human girl, Alfred looks shocked- till he starts giggling. "Oh, man. Not funny, dude. Well, maybe a little. It's a pokédex. A computer that stores info on pokémon. Originally, it was a pokédex. I mean, a pokédex. Uh, the thing you mentioned, that you called it. For some reason, when I try to say that word, it comes out as pokédex."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Meat Meating

Putting away her rather old-fashioned mobile, Natalie turns to smile at the cat and the dog. "Good news, Erin. GLoG's happy to have you." It's only now she's hung up that Natalie realises she hasn't mentioned Erin's species. Too late now, she thinks as she sips her fizzy drink.
    Erin smiled, but then frowned. She wanted to find a way home, not settle down here! Still, she nodded.

"Okay...."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Sam snorts, for once not embarrassed about it as he's too busy laughing.
    "Aw come on, you didn't believe me did you? They're not that big." he comments, poking his pudgy pecs. "I've heard of the place but only really on TV and stuff. There isn't really an embassy. This dimension is just outside of all the rest. I don't know anyone who's crossed back over of their own will, though I hear it does happen."

Malt is coming around with some ice cream- no, that's for the table next to them. Sam hates when that happens.

Parade Day

Nak clearly doesn't understand the question. He looks very confused at Sophie.
    "Hmmm...good ones? Like water? Gotta like water. " he tends to get it everywhere after all.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-18 at 10:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Sornnolu chuckles. "Ah only human skin, nothing to be worried about there, then." He'd hate to admit it, but some of his tomes might have been bound in the same, though they rarely whispered. The drow gives Cait a thoughtful look. There was something she wasn't telling him, but he couldn't guess what. "Exciting, how?" He decides to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Family Reunion]

Electra chuckles, shaking her head slightly, but doesn't say more as Rein leaves her side, instead simply disappearing once more in that blue beam of hers. One last person to teleport, and then they can hopefully get this family matter settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Overplanning is Dena's thing, the way she sees it, it is the only reason she have been alive for -redacted- years.
    Dena smiles. "Raril's got more lives than a cat it seems. I'm just glad Electra, Rein and I were there in time. Could have ended badly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Hey now. No need to be insulting," Reinholdt says, grinning at Dena. Though of the adventurers in the Nexus that he knows of, Reinholdt is pretty sure Raril was the one who could give him the biggest competition for most scrapes survived. With survived being defined very loosely.

"This is kind of your family home, huh?" Further examination proceeds as Rein looks around the place. "So how have you been otherwise?"

"I'm glad you guys were there." Raril says honestly. "I owe you all one."

"No, actually." He says to Rein's question. "My family hails from Menzoberranzan, deep in the Underdark back on Abir Toril. Delmah Phor is a foot hold, but a comfortable one." The drow explains as they walk down the street.

It was a wide market street they were walking north on, clogged with wagons and carts and stalls selling different wares. More permanent stores lined each side, some buildings containing two or three shops, stacked atop one another. A peculiarity of the architecture, windows were either not very big, or heavily awninged, to keep out the sun. Most shops preferred brightly decorated signs.

Halway down the street was a crossroad leading west, which openned onto the large main plaza of the enclave. Here, soldiers marched in ranks, or stood at attention. Young drow in blue livery and robes dashed about from the administrative building at the north side of the plaza, to the grand palace in the south. The palace itself was set back from the plaza, guarded by a high fence and a pair of statues. They were massive spiders, so detailed, they looked as if they had just been painted in stone. Guards in blue and gold armor stood at the gate, along with a drow in blue and gold livery holding a clipboard.

Raril approaches them. "Good afternoon. I'm just returning home with some friends of mine. This is Reinholdt and this is Lady Dena of MERC. Both are here under my invitation and protection. We're expecting a third woman, Electra. Give her no trouble and extend her the same courtesies. She's coming with my brother, please direct them to the terrarium room."

The drow in livery blinks a bit, but recognizes Raril and is quick to comply, writing notes on his clipboard. "Please enjoy your stay with House Xar'Cha." He says to the others, mostly to Dena. He tries not to stare at her, but he'd never seen a drowess so exotic before.

Raril just grins and leads the group inside through a set of large double doors. The halls of the palace are dark, and the drow noble summons a bit of blue light to guide their way to the terrarrium room. They pass a few other drow going from here to there, along with frescoes that seem to glow in the darkness, and tapestries sewn with jewels.

The terrarrium room was just that, a room with terrarriums of different sorts. Its tall windows were open to the daylight, bathing the room in warmth. An earthy smell filled the place, from the glass containers. Plants from the underdark and various surface environments thrived in each one. Some larger ones held small animals, co-existing in their little self-contained worlds. Raril stopped to admire one above the room's fireplace, containing white cave-shrimp and softly glowing mushrooms. The fire was lit, giving the room more warmth, and keeping out a late spring chill. The room was decorated in soft blues and whites, including a set of couches and chairs in pale stripes.

"Make yourselves comfortable. I'll call for refreshments." The drow pulled a rope behind a curtain and spoke into a tube in drow, ordering food and drink to be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Needle and Thread]

"But you aren't like this all the time,"
    Azren says, and gives Artie a quick up and down with his eyes. He coughs into his fist. "And yes. You have remarkable bosoms. Though I think some people might find it rude to remark on them..."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Needle and Thread

Artie gives a shy smile under Azren's gaze. Did those features just get even more prominent as Azren stared at them? Artie isn't doing it consciously at least.
    "My real form is the same with a different barrel and no one is going to appreciate me for that half. Not make people with interests like that. Libra said to make a splash but I don't know if I have what it takes to be a publically stared-at person. What do you do?" she asks the succubus though she is fairly sure she knows the answer.

Parade Day!

"Daddy is Sobek, Daddy of all crocs!" Nak declares proudly, puffing out his chest.
    [Needle and Thread]

"Me?" Lillith's a little surprised to be asked "I'm used to being stared at for one reason or another. I put myself out there more than most might, but that's my nature, being part Succubus. I crave attention. I use it to my advantage. Learning how to control those stares is a useful skill."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Natalie doesn't comment immediately, thinking about it seriously. She's still eating her fish and chips, though demolishing may be a more accurate description at the rate they're going. "I... I don't know. Would I have somewhere to stay, first off, is my currency compatible, how do you get there, what's it like... I want to say yes, but I've got friends here, and my world's just next door and my brother's there. I'm glad you can go back, though, Nisha. That's not something I can do." She fled hers following political instability and the near-total destruction of the English aristocracy. Doesn't come up much, but Natalie's maternal grandfather was a baron, and her father was knighted. She sounds sad; she misses England, though Nexus is fun too.[/COLOR]

Nisha looks down at her half-demolished meal, unable to keep the disappointment from her face. "Oh." She simply says, first planning not to say anything more. It takes her only a few seconds to realize that not only would Natalie be able to tell that she has more to say, but she wouldn't let it rest until she found out what exactly it was. Worse, Nisha herself knows that even if Natalie let it drop, she wouldn't be able to, thinking about it throughout the day and bringing gloom to them both.

"Well, you'd have somewhere to stay, in the home base my sister and I share. Pounds aren't the main currency, but there's an exchange rate. There's a portal we could take there, or a teleportation ritual we could use. You can get to many worlds from there if you wish, it's kinda like the Nexus, but a more cohesive planet... if that makes sense..." Nisha explains, between bites of sauced fish and ketchup-soaked chips, as she wracks her brain on how to persuade Natalie to come with her. "Talie, I want to go home... but I can't leave without you. We've been together for a year, I admit I first liked the idea of you, but now I love you for you, and I can't just leave without you..."

At this point, Nisha braves a look at Natalie, trying to will her to consider it with her eyes.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Patti grins as the troll agrees. She reaches to take him by the hand and pull him out of the crowd over to where Fel is primping. "Got one judge. Going to find more." She says to Fel and goes back through the crowd looking for more volunteers. She briefly talks with a man with a big beard, messy hair and a Hawaiian shirt on, and a green skinned girl in a flower patterned dress. The man grins and heads off to take care of something. She pulls Ven the green haired girl through the crowd looking for at least one more judge.

------------

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Cait likes her personas to have a bit of mystery to them, keeps her marks interested. She gives a shy smile and shrug. "Well I tend to have outside the box ideas. So in my firm I can be seen as something of a maverick. So I get the interesting or hard jobs. I don't specialize in forensic, tax or real-estate accounting but I have worked in all of them. Plus I am a good researcher, so sometimes I know things people consider interesting." Most of her improvisational style comes from having no formal training in accounting before getting a job as an accountant.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

Meat Meating

Putting away her rather old-fashioned mobile, Natalie turns to smile at the cat and the dog. "Good news, Erin. GLoG's happy to have you." It's only now she's hung up that Natalie realises she hasn't mentioned Erin's species. Too late now, she thinks as she sips her fizzy drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Erin smiled, but then frowned. She wanted to find a way home, not settle down here! Still, she nodded.

"Okay...."
    [Meat Meating]

While Natalie was talking on the phone, Smorre had relaxed his concentration, which caused him to transform back into his normal werecat form.
    When he hears of Erin being accepted and sees her smiling, he smiles as well. When he sees her frowning, he frowns as well. "Is so-something wrong? I-I thought that was good ne-n-news? GoLG is nothing to b-be aa-afraid of, no w-worries." At least that's what he has heard through various media.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Sophie smiles.

"Well, of course. You like water, don't you? Like all crocs. What else do you like?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-05-18 at 01:46 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Cleansed

The responding laughter is deep and bassy, but unmistakably feminine. Not like Jim at all. Syela's hand briefly contacts something, but then there's nothing there as her hand sails through empty space. The hot spring goes dark, not even the light of the surrounding city or stars above penetrating the inky blackness, and Syela might feel a pull at her clothing, trying to pull her down further from below. The springs, only chest height at best before, now seem endlessly deep and it's difficult to tell which way is up.

Cleansed

The edge is firm in his grip, but as soon as he kicks out and whacks Syela with a hoof, it collapses as his leg goes right through her. He finds himself floating in an utterly black pool, where the only other sounds are splashing nearby. It echoes off his surroundings, and he can't quite tell the direction because of that.

If he can tell these things, Barnabas is nearby, but isn't active for some reason. Perhaps he just needs to try again.
    [Cleansed]

Syela screams and kicks, trying to keep herself afloat. She grasps for the side of the springs, trying to get purchase to haul herself out. She was right next to it, it shouldn't be hard. "Jim! Where are you?!"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

Nak ponders. "Shiny things, swimming, exploring, and stuff." he tells her with a toothy grin.

Cleansed

Jim gasps, trying desperately to focus on his currently dry head so he can keep hold of which direction up is. That's really the best he can do aside from trying to conjure another light, danger piercing through the alcohol clouding his mind.

Barnabas should at this point have wormed his way out of Syela's bag.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Lady Dena"? It had been a while since she had been called that, mostly as a feeble attempt to sound polite. This was more serious though, and judging by the sheer length of the name of their home, these drow seemed to love tongue twisters as much as her people.

Before the guard leaves, Dena raises her hand to call his attention. "Excuse him, but we've just recently met and he does not know any better yet. My full name is Lady Denürga Ragnhild Xifhara, which should be the name you introduce to your mistress. Dena is simply my nickname, is that clear?" She asks, mimicking the tone her cousin always used while addressing servants. Names were important for them though, so now they were important for her if she was going to be a 'lady'.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"Everyone loves stuff," Sophie says, smiling. She loves kids, and Nak is adorable. "Where do you go exploring?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The familiar blue beam streaks down one final time, materializing once more into two figures, Electra and Sszinyon. For the latter, the sensation of teleportation was much the same as it was for Raril's body when she teleported him back to the MERC base. As the last light from the teleport fades, she releases his arm, then gestures towards the palace.

"Raril is here, and has instructed me to inform you that he would like to meet with you in the terrarium room in the palace. Shall we?" She smiles gently at him.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"I'm glad you guys were there." Raril says honestly. "I owe you all one."

"No, actually." He says to Rein's question. "My family hails from Menzoberranzan, deep in the Underdark back on Abir Toril. Delmah Phor is a foot hold, but a comfortable one." The drow explains as they walk down the street.

It was a wide market street they were walking north on, clogged with wagons and carts and stalls selling different wares. More permanent stores lined each side, some buildings containing two or three shops, stacked atop one another. A peculiarity of the architecture, windows were either not very big, or heavily awninged, to keep out the sun. Most shops preferred brightly decorated signs.

Halway down the street was a crossroad leading west, which openned onto the large main plaza of the enclave. Here, soldiers marched in ranks, or stood at attention. Young drow in blue livery and robes dashed about from the administrative building at the north side of the plaza, to the grand palace in the south. The palace itself was set back from the plaza, guarded by a high fence and a pair of statues. They were massive spiders, so detailed, they looked as if they had just been painted in stone. Guards in blue and gold armor stood at the gate, along with a drow in blue and gold livery holding a clipboard.

Raril approaches them. "Good afternoon. I'm just returning home with some friends of mine. This is Reinholdt and this is Lady Dena of MERC. Both are here under my invitation and protection. We're expecting a third woman, Electra. Give her no trouble and extend her the same courtesies. She's coming with my brother, please direct them to the terrarium room."

The drow in livery blinks a bit, but recognizes Raril and is quick to comply, writing notes on his clipboard. "Please enjoy your stay with House Xar'Cha." He says to the others, mostly to Dena. He tries not to stare at her, but he'd never seen a drowess so exotic before.

Raril just grins and leads the group inside through a set of large double doors. The halls of the palace are dark, and the drow noble summons a bit of blue light to guide their way to the terrarrium room. They pass a few other drow going from here to there, along with frescoes that seem to glow in the darkness, and tapestries sewn with jewels.

The terrarrium room was just that, a room with terrarriums of different sorts. Its tall windows were open to the daylight, bathing the room in warmth. An earthy smell filled the place, from the glass containers. Plants from the underdark and various surface environments thrived in each one. Some larger ones held small animals, co-existing in their little self-contained worlds. Raril stopped to admire one above the room's fireplace, containing white cave-shrimp and softly glowing mushrooms. The fire was lit, giving the room more warmth, and keeping out a late spring chill. The room was decorated in soft blues and whites, including a set of couches and chairs in pale stripes.

"Make yourselves comfortable. I'll call for refreshments." The drow pulled a rope behind a curtain and spoke into a tube in drow, ordering food and drink to be brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Lady Dena"? It had been a while since she had been called that, mostly as a feeble attempt to sound polite. This was more serious though, and judging by the sheer length of the name of their home, these drow seemed to love tongue twisters as much as her people.

Before the guard leaves, Dena raises her hand to call his attention. "Excuse him, but we've just recently met and he does not know any better yet. My full name is Lady Denürga Ragnhild Xifhara, which should be the name you introduce to your mistress. Dena is simply my nickname, is that clear?" She asks, mimicking the tone her cousin always used while addressing servants. Names were important for them though, so now they were important for her if she was going to be a 'lady'.

"Vacation home then." Expensive one at that. Such was the nature of kingdoms and clans Reinholdt supposes. Probably paid for itself with the extended trade, if the number of shops were any indication.

When Rein is introduced to the guard, he performs a flourish and gives a bow, opening his mouth to make sure Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire is written down on that clipboard until Dena gets there first. While not technically an issue, it would probably reflect poorly on the host if he too insisted on a name correction. And he's not here to make Raril look bad. Maybe they'll recognize the name from that pulp fiction series of his and fix it themselves. Initiative is the way to the top after all! The fey will settle with a polite smile and a warm "Thank you," before turning and following Raril to the terrarium.

Would it be absolutely terrible if one of those jewel encrusted tapestries went missing? They seem to have more than they need, so just taking one ought to be all right. Not immediately of course. People would notice. But once the meeting got started, there would probably be an opportunity or two for an unnoticed male, non-drow to slip out for a few minutes before returning, surely. He doubts anyone would even know one's missing until some chamber boy came through cleaning. Something for him to seriously consider going forward.

For now plants and fungi and sunbeams! "Huh. I didn't think cave mushrooms could grow in such a warm environment," Reinholdt remarks as he settles into a chair. There was a time when he could tell the differences between some underground terrariums, but that was too many lifetimes ago. He'd invariably get poisoned if he tried to puzzle it out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Parade Day!]

"Everyone loves stuff," Sophie says, smiling. She loves kids, and Nak is adorable. "Where do you go exploring?"
    Parade Day

"Beaches! And the temple. And this one cave. Daddy says I'm not big enough to go into big Caves on my own." he says, frustrated at this Rule.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-19 at 07:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Meat Meating

"Oh, Erin. GLoG's good, if anyone can get you home, they'll know them and get you there." Natalie's guessing, based on what's been said and body language. If nothing else, she knows how to contact an interdimensional courier service, and Erin might be able to ride home on the back of one of their motorbikes- that's how she got here. They'd need to know her homeworld, though, at least the name and any pertinent details- number of celestial bodies, major nations, that sort of thing. And then paying.

"It's a sudden ask, Nisha. I love you too, you know that. I wasn't expecting it, that's all." Natalie was shocked by the request, as it wasn't something she was expecting. It's a big decision, and she wants to be sure she's making the right one. "What's your home like? Magic, technology, both, or other? Well, technology, I guess, but how common is it, and would I be left behind with my backwaters upbringing?" Natalie's essentially asking to be convinced- she wants to go, but she doesn't want to go too. And her homeworld's technology is just below standard Earth's, and further behind in communications. It's why Natalie doesn't use a smartphone, favouring an older and simpler model.

Her eating has slowed, but she'll meet Nisha's eyes and smile.

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"I don't know! Five minutes ago, I was in London, a world where pokémon are creatures in computer games and where, if there's anyone who isn't human, nobody who doesn't look human and pretends to be human. And now I'm here, with a pokémon I caught on my pokédex, I mean, pokédex, ah never mind, playing Pokémon GO! sitting next to me in a bar ran by Miltank." So, yes, he really did believe Sam's assertion that he was a human girl- at least for a moment. He's so far out of his comfort zone it may as well be on the moon.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"You should listen to your dad about this sort of thing," Sophie says. "And to your new parents, when you find them. Have you ever explored a forest?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Sam frowns sympathetically.
    "I'm sorry buddy. Do you need another hug?" he asks in complete sincerity.

Malt presently presents Ben and Alfred with their orders.

Parade Day!

"No, I don't want to run into any bad plants so I stay out of forests." Nak tells Sophie as if the reason for this is incredibly obvious andneeds no further explanation.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Nah, don't worry about it. It's just... A lot to take in, y'know? Big change. I'm Alfred, by the way. This is Ben, the Bellsprout. I named him after the most famous bell in the world. Well, my world, anyway." Big Ben isn't the tower, after all- it's the bell inside.

He thanks the Miltank when they arrive with his ice cream, as does Ben. Ben seems to enjoy his first experience of taste, too.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

[Parade Day!]

"Uh... what 'bad plants' can you run into in a forest?" Sophie asks. Is it just something someone told Nak?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Alfred will find the ice cream unbelievably good, probably. The Miltanks have to compete with the ponies for this kind of thing, after all. It's also very good for you (besides being extremely high in fat and calories), healing minor damage to the body.

"Well, you don't gotta explain that to me, I geddit. Sam Bacon. It's a pleasure, Alfred."
    Sam looks intently at Alfred as he says this. It's a bit of a test of character, seeing if someone he meets will laugh at Sam's name to his face.

Parade Day!

"You know, like, grass type Pokémon. They're super effective against me." Nak says, looking at Sophie sideways. How does she not know this?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

I can see that, yes.

"Sam Bacon. Right." Alfred's not laughing, though he thinks it's funny he doesn't want to upset the first person he's met, and such a friendly person too. "Really Sam Bacon? That's... Unfortunate. Unless, um, you picked it yourself. I don't know how names work for... for human girls as pretty as you." Alfred realises he doesn't know what Sam is, so goes with what he said earlier. "Wow, this is good ice cream. And they got what I asked for, too, so I guess the communication thing's only one way. Is that right, Ben?" He turns to his little Bellsprout, who nods vigorously in answer.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Sam frowns, pulling his jacket closed.
    "I'm a guy, Alfred. You can call me a spigre but that's just something I made up. There's nothing official." he grumbles.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"I'm sorry, I tried to go with the joke earlier. It didn't work out. Sorry, man." Alfred feels bad, now. He should have just said 'big blue bloke' instead of trying to make a joke. At least that is an alliteration.

Ben goes over to Sam and rubs his big, yellow head against Sam's leg to try and cheer him up. Ben's still new at not being a computer generated image on a screen, so it might not work. Especially if Sam gets hayfever.