New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda II: Stay Strong and Clear!

Cora's loyalty: Who all did everyone choose
    Spoiler
    Show
    to be the new Asari Pathfinder?

Personally I agreed with Sarissa's decision to sacrifice her Pathfinder., but not with her covering it up, so I fired her and gave it to the new girl. I was worried about that decision, but Cora's response when I did definitely made me feel better about the choice i made.

The scene where two biotics repelled a bunch of cruiser missiles made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So anyone on that MP? I've been having fun with it. Haven't dared to go up to Gold yet, but I'm building up my arsenal of Uncommon weapons/classes/mods first.

Squark, you're on XB1, right? Think you're still on my friends list from the ME3 days.
    I love it (a lot), but it's hard to stick with it when there's so much SP to get through. I'll be diving in more heavily soon.
    I got that one preorder bonus that gives you one of the expensive packs for free every week so I've been checking in to get those.

And yes, generally you want to max out the common and uncommon stuff first so less of it shows up in your more valuable boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Apology accepted.

You're assuming though that the water in all areas of the planet is uniformly toxic; The water near the Angara guy may have actually been on the benign end of the scale. Certainly the water near the settlement of scientists (the ones who have an extra UV light to give you that you can then take to the potheads) was being naturally filtered, but even that was degrading over time. Again, enough to supply a few people, not nearly enough for a larger settlement.

And yes, the ones you plop down aren't that big, but the point is to kinda end up with a whole colony eventually. Eden Prime is actually huge, we just don't play through as much of it. You can't just plop down something that will never grow past a few huts and declare victory.
    *Shrug*
    I'll put that up to differences in SoD. I believe that the water obstical is relatively minor and easily solvable based on the limited information available to me, with other problems being far more important. I consider it very likely we'll argue around each other in circles, given that the main difference is that you believe the water purification can't be scaled up enough and I believe it's possible, and there's not enough information to state definitively either way unless someone finds a WoG.

I will concede though that if nothing else, it's possible my answer for 'build more filters' might not work, and that if nothing else, keeping a separate store of water that's heavily recycled and filtered comets would be difficult.

Spoiler: Misread, ignore me.
    Show
    Quarians are fine, they haven't arrived yet. Even if they had though, they've pretty much already mastered the art of feeding their society without a planet anyway.

As for the Turians, they have dextro crops. I'm not sure on this, but I don't think the entire planet needs to be dextro in order to grow dextro food. We can drink the same water after all.
    I have to ask as to your understanding of chemistry/biochemistry, since it dictates how complex a response I can give to this. However:

Spoiler: Simplest answer
    Show
    Chemistry doesn't work that way. Water doesn't have a chirality because it's too small/simple, being 3 atoms in a bent line that cannot be straightened for reason's I'm not going to go into, so we can drink the same water, depending on requirements/tolerances for trace minerals. (For example, Turians could probably handle human bore water long term due to their metal skin and having evolved on a heavily irradiated planet, but the present heavy metals are often radioactive enough that humans can't drink it long term without cancer. However, Asari might need to drink trace amounts of something other's don't need, that might be toxic to Race Y. Unlikely, since biochemical barriers outside chirality are often ignored.)

As for plants, that's a no. Sugar, one of the very basic building blocks for almost all organisms is complex enough despite being only 24 atoms to be chiral, having a 'dextro' and 'levo' arrangement. These arrangements interact slightly differently with other chemicals. For most of the human/dextro population, eating levo sugars might taste sweet or not have a taste, and it'll pass through the human body without being used, like a rather uselessly small amount of fibre.
    For a really unlucky percentage of humans, ingesting it causes a violent alergic reaction.

Complex Sugars, makes up the cell walls of plants. This means that while humans could eat non-toxic Turian plants that were ground down to just sugar, but they wouldn't get anything from it except maybe taste, or they'd suffer an allergic reaction and maybe die. However, these plants undoubtedly contain other chemicals of the other chirality, and there's also the fact those plants went down a different evolutionary path, and so the chemicals contained within could do any number of things to us... (Of course, as stated, biochemical barriers are often ignored outside of chirality, given that we can eat Andromodean food.)

However, for an example of how a slight change in how they're built works, some chemicals are sold as racemic mixtures, ones that haven't been filtered based on Chirality. For most people/some chemicals, this means that you're probably getting about twice what you need, but only half is actually doing anything so it doesn't matter. Again, a subset are allergic, unlucky them.
    Other chemicals, Thalidomide for example, this caused massive problems because it was prescribed to hundreds of mothers, and one version was just fine. The other version of the chemical caused massive birth defects.

Now, given everything on Earth is Levo. Down to the D/RNA of viruses. We're not certain why we've evolved to only make one version, probably for ease given the aforementioned problems. There might be worlds that produce both for various reasons, and Turians/Quarians could come from a dual Levo/Dextro world, but I consider it more likely that they evolved with biology similar for ours, but with all chemicals formed in the Dextro pattern, given that there's a separation for Turian/Quarian food specifically. (Due to the sensitivity of Quarian allergic reactions, I feel confident saying they're Dextro only.)

Now, before Turian Brandy is mentioned, I'm not sure if any humans/etc actually drink it, if so they are at least risking allergic reaction, but given that alcohol basically comes down to sugar, alcohol and water, it's entirely possible it's a survivable thing to drink with it tasting good, getting you drunk (Alcohols simple enough to be uniform), but not having a nutrient value for Levo species.

The Citadel has its own food supply though; remember that its true purpose is a trap, so they have to make it as appealing as possible. What's more, the Keepers also have to be able to live on it for a long time (thousands of years) between the last cycle being wiped out and the next one stumbling across it. So while the Nexus might be comparable in size (I'm not sure about that statistic either), they are definitely starting more from scratch.
    I'll concede that point. Later it could be used as a farm, preferably sooner, but I can see it not having the set up to handle things now. Particularly since the parts of hydroponics they had running before an Arc arrived wasn't enough to feed a skeleton crew, resulting in super heavy rationing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Sails was a misstype cause it was late , I meant panels since you had brought that up. My point though does stand, the Nexus probably doesn't have the capability at the moment to refit ships which are designed to function in an entirely different manner than they would if they were using Solar. Even if they did it still might not be worth it because it would take people away from working on getting the Nexus fully operational.

Also I never mentioned it wasn't possible to ship water, but rather the logistics of it is in the air. We have no idea how many freighters the Nexus has for moving goods or how many freighter modules they have for liquid transport. Actually we don't even know for sure they're using modular freighters, but since they existed in the other games I think its safe to assume they're probably using them in Andromeda. If they don't have modular freighters then refitting each ship to move liquids instead of solids would be a larger undertaking.
    1: As mentioned above, that occurred purely from a line of tangents that grew into a clusterf*ck. I theorize it could be done, but I'm not saying it is done/suggesting they do it.

2: Veold has a NEXUS WATER RUNNER. At the very least, they can transport enough solid ice for it to be worth while leaving the gravity well of Eos/Elaaden/other to travel into Veold's well and back so they can transport ice. Taking it from a comet takes some extra work by way of filtration and maybe breaking up the comet which would be harder than cutting up the ground you're standing on, but it potentially saves travelling as far, and saves the energy required to safely land in and then leave a planet's gravity well.

Edit:
    Missed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personally I agreed with Sarissa's decision to sacrifice her Pathfinder., but not with her covering it up, so I fired her and gave it to the new girl. I was worried about that decision, but Cora's response when I did definitely made me feel better about the choice i made.

The scene where two biotics repelled a bunch of cruiser missiles made me laugh out loud.
    Spoiler
    Show

I chose for Sarisa to be replaced, same reasoning.

As for the Biotics... You're definitely going to face palm in the climax, cause it get's worse. That said, it might have been some version of space plasma weapon instead of missiles, given that we know Kett/Angara tech can guide plasma, somehow. They also look a lot like scaled up seeking plasma projectiles. This would make them substantially less massive making them easier to shield against, but still.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-20 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    I have to ask as to your understanding of chemistry/biochemistry, since it dictates how complex a response I can give to this. *snip*
    ...I'm well aware that water isn't a protein and therefore doesn't have chirality. What I'm pointing out is that hydroponics are a thing that exist. So if you take two tanks of water, add levo-nutrients+seeds to one and dextro-nutrients+seeds to the other, then you can have both kinds of crops growing in the same geographical location. This is precisely what they're doing on the Nexus, and presumably the Citadel too. Clear enough?

(Unless of course you think all the Turians living on Kadara, Eos and Voeld are just ordering take-out every day.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

...I'm well aware that water isn't a protein and therefore doesn't have chirality. What I'm pointing out is that hydroponics are a thing that exist. So if you take two tanks of water, add levo-nutrients+seeds to one and dextro-nutrients+seeds to the other, then you can have both kinds of crops growing in the same geographical location. This is precisely what they're doing on the Nexus, and presumably the Citadel too. Clear enough?

(Unless of course you think all the Turians living on Kadara, Eos and Voeld are just ordering take-out every day.)
    *Looks back up*
    For some reason, I read planet as plant.

That said, given Veold is exporting water, I could see a planet exporting Dextro food... except the Dextro planet was destroyed.

As for growing the plants literally side by side, maybe. It'd depend how/if they'd react to the other's pheromones.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

2: Veold has a NEXUS WATER RUNNER. At the very least, they can transport enough solid ice for it to be worth while leaving the gravity well of Eos/Elaaden/other to travel into Veold's well and back so they can transport ice. Taking it from a comet takes some extra work by way of filtration and maybe breaking up the comet which would be harder than cutting up the ground you're standing on, but it potentially saves travelling as far, and saves the energy required to safely land in and then leave a planet's gravity well.[/SPOILER]
    I'm not disputing that Nexus has a water runner on Voeld, what I'm saying is we have no idea if they have enough capacity to do it in sufficient quantities to support the colonies that need it. Comets would probably be the better option since they could be towed into orbit, if of course mass effect fields could be extended out far enough to do so.

As far as the Asari Pathfinder
    Spoiler
    Show
    I stuck with Sarissa, yeah covering it up wasn't the best bet but shes much more prepared to be a pathfinder than her potential replacement is.
    Spoiler: Salarian Pathfinder
    Show
    That was also my line of thinking when I was presented with the choice during the mission to rescue the Salarian ark. I chose the Pathfinder over the Krogan not the Salarian colonists over the Krogan.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I'm not disputing that Nexus has a water runner on Voeld, what I'm saying is we have no idea if they have enough capacity to do it in sufficient quantities to support the colonies that need it. Comets would probably be the better option since they could be towed into orbit, if of course mass effect fields could be extended out far enough to do so.

As far as the Asari Pathfinder
    Spoiler
    Show
    I stuck with Sarissa, yeah covering it up wasn't the best bet but shes much more prepared to be a pathfinder than her potential replacement is.
    Spoiler: Salarian Pathfinder
    Show
    That was also my line of thinking when I was presented with the choice during the mission to rescue the Salarian ark. I chose the Pathfinder over the Krogan not the Salarian colonists over the Krogan.

Given that they're explicity doing it to supply the colonies, the idea that it's not enough to do so is a little mind boggling.

Spoiler: Pathfinders.
    Show

Understandable reasoning. I ended up choosing the Salarian Pathfinder but I didn't really think about it. In retrospect I would have chosen the Krogan, because Salarian's are somewhat easier to replace and when looking at the Pathfinders, their use is more as mobile SAM nodes in my mind, and bar the Us, all the replacements tend to have been well trained people, if not necessarily considering themselves ready for the role.

7. - Top - End - #67

Voeld actually isn't enough apparently. SAM tells you that terraforming Elaaden won't be sufficient without
    Spoiler
    Show
    that big underground lake the Angara lady was hoarding

and Drack even agrees. Note that the Krogan have enough water stockpiled for ten years when they say this, though that of course doesn't include expansion, children, returning mercs from Kadara etc.

I would say Havarl, Voeld and Kadara are probably the only wholly self-sufficient places in terms of water. The Nexus, Eos and Elaaden need to import to make up their shortfall. Aya is self-sufficient but the habitable area is very small; if they want to make it bigger so that more people can go, that would probably increase their water needs too.

@Cora Loyalty:
    I looked up the conversation options if you keep Sarissa, and I'm kind of glad I didn't. It sounds like her entire team hates her for what she did, so leaving things alone feels like it would have been a mistake.

I now have a metric ton of sidequests to do on Kadara but I want to go check in with my favorite gay Turian first. Hopefully the workday won't drag on.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-20 at 12:51 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Voeld actually isn't enough apparently. SAM tells you that terraforming Elaaden won't be sufficient without
    Spoiler
    Show
    that big underground lake the Angara lady was hoarding

and Drack even agrees. Note that the Krogan have enough water stockpiled for ten years when they say this, though that of course doesn't include expansion, children, returning mercs from Kadara etc.

I would say Havarl, Voeld and Kadara are probably the only wholly self-sufficient places in terms of water. The Nexus, Eos and Elaaden need to import to make up their shortfall. Aya is self-sufficient but the habitable area is very small; if they want to make it bigger so that more people can go, that would probably increase their water needs too.
    Eos is supposed to have a large number of underground lakes, and you can tap one in a side quest to provide for water. I hadn't heard that conversation about Elaaden.

9. - Top - End - #69

Eos is supposed to have a large number of underground lakes, and you can tap one in a side quest to provide for water. I hadn't heard that conversation about Elaaden.
    Eos has water, yes - but seemingly, not enough.

The only underground lake quest I know of is on Elaaden so I may have missed the Eos one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

It's one of the side quests that comes up later. It also has a really, really, stupid decision available.

Spoiler: Decision.
    Show

You meet someone who I think might be an outcast, despite never seeing any IG, claiming to have a nearby settlement. He was here scouting underground veins as well.

Your choice, Tap Natural Gas and trade for water with them, making two interdependent settlements as he can tap for water nearby, or Tap gas, and apparently he won't be able to tap for water.

Except, Gas will put extra strain on the remnant terraforming tech, and I literally cannot see a reason to tap for gas.

For a climax, you fight the Architect on Eos.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-20 at 10:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

It's one of the side quests that comes up later. It also has a really, really, stupid decision available.

Show

You meet someone who I think might be an outcast, despite never seeing any IG, claiming to have a nearby settlement. He was here scouting underground veins as well.

Your choice, Tap Natural Gas and trade for water with them, making two interdependent settlements as he can tap for water nearby, or Tap gas, and apparently he won't be able to tap for water.

Except, Gas will put extra strain on the remnant terraforming tech, and I literally cannot see a reason to tap for gas.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from not screwing over the other settlement, of course. But they're filthy exiles, who cares about them.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from not screwing over the other settlement, of course. But they're filthy exiles, who cares about them.
    Spoiler
    Show

I do. But I care about mine more. However, not what I meant.
    'What use do we/they have for Natural Gas'.

Of course, I know that we've figured out how to turn CO2 into natural gas (It's inefficient, but useful, and not just for the 'natural gas battery' example, but for every possible use you could have for methane.) but the Bioware developers may not know that. And I'm also of the belief that science has probably advanced enough they can turn food into useful carbon chains for industry, or otherwise produce long carbon chains for industry. Say GMO bacteria ala Insulin.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I do. But I care about mine more. However, not what I meant.
    'What use do we/they have for Natural Gas'.

Of course, I know that we've figured out how to turn CO2 into natural gas (It's inefficient, but useful, and not just for the 'natural gas battery' example, but for every possible use you could have for methane.) but the Bioware developers may not know that. And I'm also of the belief that science has probably advanced enough they can turn food into useful carbon chains for industry, or otherwise produce long carbon chains for industry. Say GMO bacteria ala Insulin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The choice is between water for them so they can survive and natural gas which is useful for stuff but taxes the terraforming, or water for us and they die out. Making CO2
    into natural gas doesn't matter? Using natural gas, regardless of where it's from, will tax the environment by putting more CO2 into the atmosphere. They can use natural gas but would prefer not to due to environmental concerns.

I'd rather the exiles not die out, and as far as carbon fuels go natural gas is relatively clean, so I have no problem with using the gas reserves if they're there. Heck, I'd certainly be hard pressed to not just let exiles tap that water source and trade with the settlement with or without the presence of the natural gas.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The choice is between water for them so they can survive and natural gas which is useful for stuff but taxes the terraforming, or water for us and they die out. Making CO2
    into natural gas doesn't matter? Using natural gas, regardless of where it's from, will tax the environment by putting more CO2 into the atmosphere. They can use natural gas but would prefer not to due to environmental concerns.

I'd rather the exiles not die out, and as far as carbon fuels go natural gas is relatively clean, so I have no problem with using the gas reserves if they're there. Heck, I'd certainly be hard pressed to not just let exiles tap that water source and trade with the settlement with or without the presence of the natural gas.
    Spoiler
    Show

As far as I know, remember, it was just going to make things harder, not cause them to die out. And given that you can take Exiles back in, I don't think they're all going to die.

As for natural gas, wrong. If you're turning CO2 into CH4 through other energy generating means (Such as the wind farms on Kadara) and back by burning it, you're causing no net change. Likewise, if you then take the CH4 and convert it to longer carbon chains, you're actually reducing global CO2 counts.
    And finally, are you not aware of how much natural gas tends to slip past extraction methods? While I bet it's going to be better worse than modern fracking (Up to 50% escaping to atmo) and there is an active Remnant terraformer, I think it's fine staying in the ground instead of being tapped.

Finally, the quest ends with a Remnant Architect jumping up. If they tapped like they wanted to, the Nexus settlement would have been caught flat footed by the thing, killing the guy doing the tapping and likely killing several nexus personnel (Lucky we showed up in time to interfere.)

Given that the Nexus can work with Sloan, I think that we could work a deal with the guys that landed on Eos who we never see before now.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-21 at 07:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Show

Oh that one! Yeah I did do that. And no, I wasn't about start fracking in a brand new galaxy. Sorry, Advent.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Which is the better armor for Wrex: Rage/Battlemater/Berserker (the only difference is the color, evidently) from Geth Armory or Colossus from Kassa Fabrication?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Which is the better armor for Wrex: Rage/Battlemater/Berserker (the only difference is the color, evidently) from Geth Armory or Colossus from Kassa Fabrication?
    Damage Protection stat is OP. I think Colossus gave the highest Damage Protection, so it wins.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Damage Protection stat is OP. I think Colossus gave the highest Damage Protection, so it wins.
    Thanks, Dienekes! COLOSSUS ARMOR AND MASTER SPECTRE WEAPONS ALL AROUND, I LOVE IT!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Thanks, Dienekes! COLOSSUS ARMOR AND MASTER SPECTRE WEAPONS ALL AROUND, I LOVE IT!
    That would be the way to run a soldier in ME1.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone ever tried using both the omni-grenade and the mine? Or the flak cannon with either. I've maxed out all the skills I already use, so I'm wondering what to do next. The mine feels like it'd be redundant with the grenade.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Has anyone ever tried using both the omni-grenade and the mine? Or the flak cannon with either. I've maxed out all the skills I already use, so I'm wondering what to do next. The mine feels like it'd be redundant with the grenade.
    I feel like it would be fun, double the explosion is never wrong!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I find the charges mechanic is too limiting, and they still have a 'recharge time' for the purposes of changing loadouts, about 2 seconds I think.

Anyhow, I say go for Omni-Grenade, Proximity Mine and Flak Canon. Get them all to rank 2 (9 points), and then whenever something big and tedious comes along, change profile and launch all of it. Over the course of 5 seconds you'll have unloaded several thousand in damage... Krogan Beserkers will survive this, just so you are aware, but I wasn't surprised given they survive the single shot rocket launchers you have to pay through the nose for.

That said, you do need to be in that profile to recharge at ammo depots, which can be annoying. I also don't recommend going above 4 power cells, as ammo depots only ever have 4 charges, so you'll only be refilled by that much.

Anyhow, after that you can now sink some points into Combat Tools, making your other combat passives (Fitness, Weapons.) more useful.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-21 at 06:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I'm level 42 and I've got several skills maxed. Enough for two favourites slots and a bunch of passives. So now I need to invest in a new one, and I'm not sire what it should be. I've put a few points in the shield-enhancing passive in the tech tree, but I'm not sure how well it works.

I'm vague with skill names, since I'm stuck with the Polish version.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Can you tell us what your main skill sets are? Because I ended up with 3 before I transitioned into combat. Shame to here about the names.

Spoiler: For ideas.
    Show

Overload/Shield Drain // Incinerate // Bolt.

This is a good long range kit, specable for either single target or area damage. However, if you set Bolt to run off shields at level 6 and run the Tech-Biotics combo profile, you can get off a hell of a lot of combos by yourself. Deals a lot of burst damage, and recharge times are low.

Singularity/Charge/Shield Drain.

Spec singularity for Duration/AOE and Charge for cooldown, and you can easily get 3-4 charges in during Singularity's duration. Sheild Drain can also both set up and detonate making it very useful for both damage and making sure you don't die, even on higher dificulties.

Tactical Cloak/Remnant VI/Assault Turret.

Put on the Engineer profile and spec for recharge speed. I use this to wake up my companions when they've died or to hold areas because two more companions are two more ways fire gets split. I would suggest going into the skills menu and trading out Tactical Cloak for something else if you're just defending an area while a bar fills however.

If none of those appeal, than I suggest the Mine/Grenade/Flacette combo. Spec for anti-armor and the various big armored things like Fiends go from tedious to 'Cloud of vapor'.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-21 at 06:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I've got Omni-Grenade, Turbocharge, Barricade, Concussive Shot, Tactical Cloak and Flamethrower for my active skills. Pistols, Shotguns, Combat Tools and Fitness as passives. I've got two favourite sets - one is Tac Cloak, Flamethrower and Concussive Shot with Infiltrator, for close-range combat and burning down armour. The other is Omni-Grenade, Turbocharge and Barricade with Soldier, for long-range shootouts. I'm not going to use any biotics.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Being a passive lover I put all my points into filling out a set to buff all the passives to their best effect, but I'm sure I'd get more use out of more skills than a few percentage points.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

What'd be the best way to build a Ryder kinda like Randy Ezno from Mass Effect: Infiltrator: an Infiltrator-style character who mixes biotics in with their Tactical Cloak and primarily switches between Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Sniper Rifles?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2017-04-22 at 11:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I've tried the mine. As with most such powers, the main problem is getting enemies to actually trigger them. And then the effect isn't that impressive. But I don't have much else to spend points on, so it can stay. Especially since its final evolution can prime detonations.

Also, I may have run into a bug:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've heard that if you keep collecting memory triggers after a new memory is unlocked, they won't count towards the next one, and you can lock yourself out of the quest. I think it may have happened to me. I seem to be one trigger away from the final memory, but I can't find it anywhere. I've only got Havarl left to check.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I've tried the mine. As with most such powers, the main problem is getting enemies to actually trigger them. And then the effect isn't that impressive. But I don't have much else to spend points on, so it can stay. Especially since its final evolution can prime detonations.

Also, I may have run into a bug:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've heard that if you keep collecting memory triggers after a new memory is unlocked, they won't count towards the next one, and you can lock yourself out of the quest. I think it may have happened to me. I seem to be one trigger away from the final memory, but I can't find it anywhere. I've only got Havarl left to check.
    Hrmm that's odd. I collected enough triggers to turn in two in a row at Sam and managed to complete the quest in the end. The only bug I had with it was with the followup conversation with Lexi. She only had conversation options for one of the memories, not both.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Finally getting around to the loyalty missions, and my choice on that wasn't hard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Sarissa's willing to cover up something like that, trusting her in the future is a no go. And her replacement is already better proven than Ryder was when becoming Pathfinder.

And the moment with using Backlash against the missile barrage was awesome, but also drove me bonkers thanks to my party at the time being three biotics. Leaving two of them standing around instead of contributing... sometimes I hate cutscenes.

Though I am grateful for the way cutscenes in this game actually show the characters holding the weapons they have equipped. I always hated how the other MEs' cinematics always showed my characters using guns I'd never once considered using.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan