New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda II: My Face is Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    We did, and it was voted off in favor of Jaal's parting words in conversation.
    It's a bot, fishing for posts. Pay it no heed.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda II: Stay Strong and Clear!

It did not-so-cleverly get you guys to use the old title though

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    You know how I said Turian's/Quarians shouldn't be able to eat Human/etc food.

Well, apparently they 'can' eat Angaran food. I didn't remember it, but it turns out they're able to eat Havaral's plant life.
    Not raw, but the fact it's 'at all' means that Turians are ignoring the biochemical barrier they made such a big deal out of earlier. *Sigh*
    I'd have to see the full context of this line but you're making too big a deal out of this, remember we have both levo and dextro proteins right here on Earth. No reason Havarl can't be the same. Furthermore, chirality might provoke an allergic reaction when consumed but it's not a certainty.

The line I remember from Avitus was that they were rationing before we got there, but a few hungry Turians ate some of the local flora without scanning it first. They were not completely out of supplies from the Natanus, rather they were making them last for safety. And of course, you repairing Havarl's ecosystem helped, not that they stuck around for much longer after that.

Also, Liam ate some of Vetra's food too; he regretted it, but it didn't kill him.

@ Vetra's loyalty: I agree with you that your choice to use Sid or not should have at least been acknowledged somehow. I always find it rewarding in an RPG when you can be more of a hero by making the fight harder for yourself, e.g. in Mass Effect 2 when you can make Kal'Reegar sit his ass down while you solo the Colossus without him, and the NPCs acknowledge the greater effort that must have taken - particularly if you're playing on Hardcore+.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Yea.
    That said, it could really benefit from having some more enemy types. For the Kett in particular, the lack of things like sniper enemies, armored dudes, or anything but the same three schmucks over and over again is sort of a drag. And the dude who farts invisibility is totally useless, since at least on Normal the reticule still turns red even when he's cloaked. Since he doesn't move a lot, I just shoot him to death the same as I would have otherwise.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    That said, it could really benefit from having some more enemy types. For the Kett in particular, the lack of things like sniper enemies, armored dudes, or anything but the same three schmucks over and over again is sort of a drag. And the dude who farts invisibility is totally useless, since at least on Normal the reticule still turns red even when he's cloaked. Since he doesn't move a lot, I just shoot him to death the same as I would have otherwise.
    The real danger with the Destined is when they cloak an Anointed, and then you get turned into Swiss cheese by a minigun you didn't know was there. Still... hmm...

The Kett have the Chosen, Destined, and Anointed as foot soldiers, with wraiths as flankers, with Ascendants and Fiends for heavies (Behemoths play a similar role, but have only shown up in a unique mission in MP and as a one off boss in single player).

The Outlaws have Raiders, Anarchists, Snipers, Agents, Pariahs, and Saboteurs as foot soldiers, with Berserkers and Hydras as heavies and adhi for flanking.

The Remnant have Observers and Assemblers as foot soldiers, breachers as cannon fodder, destroyers as heavies, while the Nullifier doesn't fit clearly into any one category.

So, reflecting on it, I'd say the Remnant need amother flavor of foot soldier to make normal encounters with them more engaging, while the Kett could use some sort of armored artillery for long ranged engagements added to their foot soldiers.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    The real danger with the Destined is when they cloak an Anointed, and then you get turned into Swiss cheese by a minigun you didn't know was there. Still... hmm...

The Kett have the Chosen, Destined, and Anointed as foot soldiers, with wraiths as flankers, with Ascendants and Fiends for heavies (Behemoths play a similar role, but have only shown up in a unique mission in MP and as a one off boss in single player).

The Outlaws have Raiders, Anarchists, Snipers, Agents, Pariahs, and Saboteurs as foot soldiers, with Berserkers and Hydras as heavies and adhi for flanking.

The Remnant have Observers and Assemblers as foot soldiers, breachers as cannon fodder, destroyers as heavies, while the Nullifier doesn't fit clearly into any one category.

So, reflecting on it, I'd say the Remnant need amother flavor of foot soldier to make normal encounters with them more engaging, while the Kett could use some sort of armored artillery for long ranged engagements added to their foot soldiers.
    Well the Remnant do have another flavor of footsoldiers. They have these little land-crab things that poke you. They're just not very threatening, and the wiki's not mentioning them. And some places (notably the Remnant Dreadnought has a bunch, but at least one of the Vaults has one as well) have Remnant turrets, which hit like trucks but are immobile.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

(Behemoths play a similar role, but have only shown up in a unique mission in MP and as a one off boss in single player).
    They show up later. That said, whether they persist may depend on your choices IG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

7. - Top - End - #127

Anyone know how to continue the Movie Night quest? I gave the snacks from Kadara to Vetra then... nothing. Do I have to advance the main storyline?
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Anyone know how to continue the Movie Night quest? I gave the snacks from Kadara to Vetra then... nothing. Do I have to advance the main storyline?
    I remember this drought too. Make sure to talk with everyone on the ship, but if they don't trigger then it might be more story stuff. I think Lexi has the next step for where you are.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

They show up later. That said, whether they persist may depend on your choices IG.
    It does depend on your story decisions
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you rescue the Salarian Pathfinder you get Krogan Behemoths as enemies in the later levels. If you save the Krogan scouts you get these weird exalted Salarian things. They're much easier to kill

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I remember this drought too. Make sure to talk with everyone on the ship, but if they don't trigger then it might be more story stuff. I think Lexi has the next step for where you are.
    I did and still nothing, though I did get to advance Peebee's loyalty (my last one) so I'll do that before advancing the storyline and see what happens.

My next storyline mission is "Chasing the Archon." *(or "Hunting" or w/e)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-26 at 08:59 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    My next storyline mission is "Chasing the Archon." *(or "Hunting" or w/e)
    Yeah IIRC you don't get the next leg until after that mission. There's one more after Lexi's part then you do the movie night. 'Twas pretty funny.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Something I've been wondering that applies to all the ME games except the first one: when you're customizing armor for a power-based class like a Sentinel, Adept or Vanguard, is it better to have an even split of pieces that reduce power cooldowns and ones that increase power damage, or is it better to go exclusively with one or the other?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Something I've been wondering that applies to all the ME games except the first one: when you're customizing armor for a power-based class like a Sentinel, Adept or Vanguard, is it better to have an even split of pieces that reduce power cooldowns and ones that increase power damage, or is it better to go exclusively with one or the other?
    For ME 3, I'd say power damage, as the small boosts to recharge time amount to a fraction of a second on most powers if you're running light on guns. ME 2 only has one power rechage improving armor piece, and that's the archon visor from the equalizer pack.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

For ME 3, I'd say power damage, as the small boosts to recharge time amount to a fraction of a second on most powers if you're running light on guns. ME 2 only has one power rechage improving armor piece, and that's the archon visor from the equalizer pack.
    I see, thank you!

And in Andromeda?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I see, thank you!

And in Andromeda?
    I think the longer cooldowns would make reducing recharge speed more valuable in Andromeda, but you're going to need to use augments for that, as I don't think any suit of armor in ME:A affects recharge speed.
    Last edited by Squark; 2017-04-26 at 06:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the longer cooldowns would make reducing recharge speed more valuable in Andromeda, but you're going to need to use augments for that, as I don't think any suit of armor in ME:A affects recharge speed.
    N7 Chestplate has a biotic recharge bonus, but that apparently is it.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

N7 Chestplate has a biotic recharge bonus, but that apparently is it.
    Which combines with augments, if you're going biotics heavy.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Which combines with augments, if you're going biotics heavy.
    And with Vangaurd's biotic cooldowns. How does it stack, though? Does a 100% modifier mean that you have cooldowns reduced by half?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

And with Vangaurd's biotic cooldowns. How does it stack, though? Does a 100% modifier mean that you have cooldowns reduced by half?
    That I'm not sure about. I don't know if its like 10% of 7% of 5%, or whether the bonus gets added up to 22%.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

I took the Flak Cannon power, because on high levels I'm running out of things that really interest me. It... doesn't seem very practical, compared to the grenade or Concussive Shot.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

It's not. It doesn't have seeking, so a slight miss will mean you do literally no damage as it all explodes somewhere in the distance. That said, I figure it's intended use is how the Krogan use it, aim it at the front of cover, and when the flacettes spawn in some will apear behind it, staggering enemies and forcing them out of cover...

Or, you could just use Overload, with it's instant travel time, aim assit, phasing through walls, which is also a detonater with a short recharge time compared to limited charges.

And, given it's nerfed against armor, it's best use for 'I'm sure this is going to hit' is against Remnant Destroyer's shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Miracle of Sound wrote a song for Mass Effect: Andromeda. And it is amazing. Or at least, I think it is, especially since the guy was catapulted to internet stardom from his first Mass Effect song!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

It's not. It doesn't have seeking, so a slight miss will mean you do literally no damage as it all explodes somewhere in the distance. That said, I figure it's intended use is how the Krogan use it, aim it at the front of cover, and when the flacettes spawn in some will apear behind it, staggering enemies and forcing them out of cover...

Or, you could just use Overload, with it's instant travel time, aim assit, phasing through walls, which is also a detonater with a short recharge time compared to limited charges.

And, given it's nerfed against armor, it's best use for 'I'm sure this is going to hit' is against Remnant Destroyer's shields.
    Right, so I guess I'll respec or just ignore the 7 points I put into it. Maybe I'll go dabble in another weapon now. Or another tech skill.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone know what, if any, advantage there might be to resetting an MP character's level? Respecs seem common enough (and you can buy them with mission funds) that you wouldn't need to start a character over just to redistribute points. Also, I can't find where it says how many Respecs I have.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out the flak cannon isn't as bad as I thought. It was just underleveled compared to what I was facing. After putting more points in it, it becomes a decent short-range power. Still, both it and the mine aren't as practical as the other active combat powers.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh. Knew I shouldn't have counted. Still need 137 more Uncommon cards to max them all out. Most of those are the attachments. I'm thinking I'll just start actually attempting Gold runs after I get my Widow maxed. Just slap the Widow on a max level Infiltrator and go. That should speed things along nicely.

I am B.
    Are you B?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Something I've wondered about since ME2: Warp Ammo. How does a non-biotic Shepard learn to use it? Is Warp Ammo a biotic manipulating their ammo, or is it a feature of the gun only mimicking biotics? Biotic Shepards get a pass, obviously, and Ryder appears to be biotic even if they don't train their abilities thanks to their parents.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something I've wondered about since ME2: Warp Ammo. How does a non-biotic Shepard learn to use it? Is Warp Ammo a biotic manipulating their ammo, or is it a feature of the gun only mimicking biotics? Biotic Shepards get a pass, obviously, and Ryder appears to be biotic even if they don't train their abilities thanks to their parents.
    Honestly i'm not sure whether its an actual ammo type like the other powers or if its an actual Biotic power. The thing is though Shepard was exposed to Eezo so having Biotic powers as bonus powers isn't that big of an issue. It can be explained that Shepard chose to do training that didn't involve Biotics though they picked up some tricks over the years from teammates.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

ME2 stopped trying to make sense of Biotics.

A non-Biotic Shepard can technically learn mind-control, despite the very ability to control minds not making sense in what Biotics are supposed to be.

In any case, if you pick a specific dialogue (I forget where) it's implied that all Shepards are Biotic. I personally ignore it.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

It's not like ammo powers, as opposed to ammo as equipment, make a lot of sense to begin with.