Hello all! for starters i just wanted everyone to know that I'm not sure if I'm running this in Savage Worlds Necessary Evil or Mutants and Masterminds newest edition, but with that out of the way I wish to establish what I have and what i need help with. My setting, in which i'm running this game for my players, is a skeleton framework for an idea that i've wanted to flesh out for awhile. That being of course a dystopian style superhero game show (mixes of the hunger games and Misfits sorta), I wish to keep this setting both violent, raw, and dark- but also witty, zany, off- the wall crazy in a Douglas Adams Sense.

So To establish first, I want the backdrop, when their not playing the Fame Game, to be a mega city, I'm thinking Shanghai time 4 scale, with the packedness of Tokyo, so like, 70 million people. That's a wild number I know, but I'm thinking in the setting that's all that's left from Nuclear war. Literally the rest of the planet is ashes- barren to all life.I'm thinking the city might be translated into every language "AllCity"(if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know), AllCity is the convergence of aliens, mutants, metas, humans, magicians, and everything in between. If anyone has ever read the WildCard series then i'm shooting for that sort of city feeling. And of course why does any dismal future city have a wildly popular game show? To distract the populace from how terrible everything is! (if anyone has a better motivation, tell me). I'm thinking the city will be organized into 10 rings, Each ring has its on economy, residents, cultures, wealth, etc. The furthest out, the 10th, the most dangerous and poverty stricken, and as you get closer to the first ring things get better and better (if anyone has something solid that can distinguish these circles even more please let me know) Playing the Fame Game can advanced people into the next circle ( this will not be the only way people can move up, figuratively speaking in society, just the fastest and most volatile) Also to add, said games happen in a virtual reality plane, every episode, meaning every time they play, only the first few who die that match die for real in their pods.

I beseech you community, help me with cohesion and plots, ive got the style and the setting, i just need meat on these bones. What will bind the party together, what will drive the main plot, whats a big No? Any takers?