New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*not allowed to invoke testicles, staplers, a defrocked priest's forehead, piñatas, and dockside rotgut in a single threat ever again.
    **banned staplers preemptively.

... the less you know, the better.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*No, dandwiki is not a valid source.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

********* This goes double if the have involves an erotic art skill.
    * I may no longer trust the Autocorrect. It is devious, and seeks only to embarrass me.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belac93 View Post
    *Not allowed to steal villains from Worm to fight my PCs.
    **This also applies to Pact and Twig.
    ***Not allowed to steal heroes, either.
    ****Especially Bonesaw.
    *****No matter how cute she is.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

D&D 3.5

*I will never use a Succubus with Blackguard levels and the Divine Shield/Parrying Shield combo as an encounter ever again.
    **Or one with levels in Iajuitsu Master.

Spoiler: Context
    Show

In D&D 3.5, Succubi have absolutely ridiculous Charisma for their Combat Rating, but that stat normally doesn't have much use in combat.

Emphasis on "normally".

The first build gets Charisma to saving throws, which means that many of the most effective spells or effects will have a very low chance of working. It also gets Charisma to Armor Class, which means that hitting said Succubus with physical attacks is nigh impossible as well, even touch attacks which hit about 90% of the time.

The second build is even worse. Iajuitsu Master is focused around a skill called "Iajuitsu Focus" which deals more damage die to the attack depending on how high you roll... except the skill runs on Charisma. Iajuitsu Master takes this even further, adding the user's Charisma bonus to initiative(which means she goes first almost always), and to every single damage die of the bonus damage. This means she one-shots pretty much any PC she manages to use IF on... which isn't that hard, either.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*The machine uprising that plunged the world into chaos and led to the current post-apocalyptic setting was not started by an evil Xerox printer/fax/copier.
    **Despite ample real-world evidence that office printers are the most evil, malicious, hateful machines ever devised by humankind.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *The machine uprising that plunged the world into chaos and led to the current post-apocalyptic setting was not started by an evil Xerox printer/fax/copier.
    **Despite ample real-world evidence that office printers are the most evil, malicious, hateful machines ever devised by humankind.
    I sense a personal experience behind this.

Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I will vouch that office copiers are the devil.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

How bad exactly?

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Have you ever had to make frequent use of one of those infernal machines?

I'm not sure whether home inkjets or enterprise Xeroxes are worse. Both seem to be equally vicious, and determined to be uncooperative at the worst possible times and in the most frustrating possible manner. Office machines are typically in a position to do more damage, though.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Have you ever had to make frequent use of one of those infernal machines?

I'm not sure whether home inkjets or enterprise Xeroxes are worse. Both seem to be equally vicious, and determined to be uncooperative at the worst possible times and in the most frustrating possible manner. Office machines are typically in a position to do more damage, though.
    I haven't used any of those for quite a while, thank goodness.

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*There is no Duke of Baator named Ah'phyz Prn'trr or Zei'rhoks.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    * I may no longer trust the Autocorrect. It is devious, and seeks only to embarrass me.
    ** I may no longer miss single mistakes because my phone miscorrects stuff five times a sentence.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

*** This is not the place to ask what a 'sand computer' is.
    **** It has no relation to an xkcd comic.
    Last edited by goto124; 2017-06-27 at 07:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Spamalot in the Playground

How bad exactly?
    One time I tried to print some address labels. The laser copier took the page in, and then returned a page with half the labels missing. As in, it peeled off the stickers and kept them inside itself. And somehow that didn't stop the printer from running several more print jobs (leaving huge blank rectangles on the pages).

I had to stick my hand into the machine and peel the stickers off the rollers and drums and all sorts of moving parts.

*There is no Duke of Baator named Ah'phyz Prn'trr or Zei'rhoks.
    There should be!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

One time I tried to print some address labels. The laser copier took the page in, and then returned a page with half the labels missing. As in, it peeled off the stickers and kept them inside itself. And somehow that didn't stop the printer from running several more print jobs (leaving huge blank rectangles on the pages).

I had to stick my hand into the machine and peel the stickers off the rollers and drums and all sorts of moving parts.
    What? Is that even physically possible... oh yeah, infernal printers.

There should be!
    Well, someone should make this reference at least.

Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Halfling in the Playground

I can no longer promise to cast feather fall on the party of 6 when we jump off a cliff. (It only affects 5)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I haven't had any stories quite so interesting, just the usual bevy of paper jams, failures to connect to devices it's literally plugged directly into, had fits with wireless connectivity, crumpling or shredding important originals, failures to print, inexplicable scaling issues, options getting randomly selected and deselected, inexplicable error codes, the failures always being timed for the worst possible moment, constantly running out of toner, ghosting, smearing, randomly going out of alignment, refusing to print certain jobs for no reason while still printing others from the same PC and same piece of software no problem, toner cartridge spills (ruined a good tweed sportcoat that way...nothing would get the stuff out—it comes out of other fabric, but that coat was a loss), that sort of thing.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Thing trainee engineers learn first: technology never works properly. We become the first people who don't dislike technology but always expect it to work in stone fashion.

Just don't expect us to fix it, building the darn things doesn't let us do that.

* No matter what the rules say I cannot build a nuclear weapon out of a chunk of uranium, two catapults and a sharp stick.
    ** I also cannot build a supercomputer by getting a lot of people and sticking then in a room. Despite real world precedents.
    *** No real work precedents will let my character marry their computer. Especially if the computer is a room full of random people.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

* No matter what the rules say I cannot build a nuclear weapon out of a chunk of uranium, two catapults and a sharp stick.
    ** Even if I take a -2 penalty for "Improvised Tools"
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

** Even if I take a -2 penalty for "Improvised Tools"
    In Rocket Age, with the right trait (Primitive Technologist) you don't count as having improvised tools. It's not what it's for, but it's completely RAW.

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Must take at least 1hp of damage in the Tomb of Horrors.
    **May not simply be paranoid enough and lucky enough not to fall for any of the schmuck bait or get hit by any of the traps, monsters, or other hazards.
    ***There is no god of 10ft poles, and my character is not his prophet.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

**** Or a god of flour.

* Must not insist that that's not real, that's a situation from a game of Office RPG with a creative DM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

**May not simply be paranoid enough and lucky enough not to fall for any of the schmuck bait or get hit by any of the traps, monsters, or other hazards.
    ****Worshipping the DM does not give you divine spells either.

Extended sig here.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

***** There is no Favoritism spell.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

**** JAL_1138 is not the god of paranoid adventurers and I cannot get divine spells from him.

Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    ***** There is no Favoritism spell.
    ****** There is no 8th level spell "Peek in the Module While the DM's in the Bathroom".

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

****** There is no 8th level spell "Peek in the Module While the DM's in the Bathroom".
    *******And no, i can't make it with the epic spell rules

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

**** JAL_1138 is not the god of paranoid adventurers and I cannot get divine spells from him.
    I should point out there was a nigh-ludicrous bit of luck involved in addition to the paranoia. Several times when I really should have been hit, I was either barely out of range, or I rolled well, or the DM rolled low, and nothing but pure chance spared me. And as a group we also stumbled onto the right path early by sheer luck and skipped about a third to a half of the dungeon altogether. I was also playing a Cleric, so the group agreed I should stay in the back ranks to heal or rez anyone who was injured. I did have to do a bit of healing, but not all that much, considering.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

30. - Top - End - #360
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

* No, you may not play gnomes.
    ** Yes, you may play the mechanically identical Nac Mac Feegles.
    *** No this isn't Discworld. I just realized that I'd turned gnome culture into the Wee Free Men.
    **** My players are not allowed to not know what a Nac Mac Feegle IS.

* If my players figure out the deal with the endboss and manage to rig my own traps against it preemptively and successfully, I will not complain about how they ruined my cool encounter and let them butcher a solo monster while taking no damage. They earned it.
    ** In the future, I should provide less hints about the nature of foes.
    *** Regardless of increased hit points and armor class, a sheep is not the best endboss anyway.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl