New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I was picturing most of these being used as improvised bludgeoning weapons actually.
    is there any other way of using said "weapons"?

i mean, let's be honest: there's a right way, and a wrong way. in this case, the wrong way is "not turning something into a paste by repeated application of x in the hindat close quarters".
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    is there any other way of using said "weapons"?

i mean, let's be honest: there's a right way, and a wrong way. in this case, the wrong way is "not turning something into a paste by repeated application of x in the hindat close quarters".
    I think you added an extra "not".
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

* Despite the evidence saying otherwise, HR is not run by friend computer.
    * Misfiled papers should not lead to field agents being issued water pistols instead of firearms.
    ** Especially if due to predictive branch they are then issued with water pistols.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Spamalot in the Playground

* The combat medic is banned from having a hot tub in her room.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

* Despite the evidence saying otherwise, HR is not run by friend computer.
    * Misfiled papers should not lead to field agents being issued water pistols instead of firearms.
    ** Especially if due to predictive branch they are then issued with water pistols.
    ***If issued a water pistol, may not requisition large quantities of DMSO and tranquilizers.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Colossus in the Playground

* The combat medic is banned from having a hot tub in her room.
    Where else is she supposed to put it? If she puts it in the common area, then everyone else will use it and she'll have to clean it more often.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Where else is she supposed to put it? If she puts it in the common area, then everyone else will use it and she'll have to clean it more often.
    The location of the tub did not deter anyone from coming over to use it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

The location of the tub did not deter anyone from coming over to use it.
    * May not write fan fiction until I know actual details of the game.
    ** I am not allowed rule 34.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-09-29 at 05:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759

* May not write fan fiction until I know actual details of the game.
    ** I am not allowed rule 34.
    You are not far off the mark.

* The monk is no longer allowed to date his way up the city hall's administration staff.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

*May not defer all my "roleplaying an elf interacting with people" choices to the Elfmulator6000, regardless of how accurate it is.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

*May no longer play Warlocks
    **Definitely not allowed to play Fey Pact Warlocks
    ***Especially if the Warlock is a Goblin
    ****Irish goblins are right out
    *****May not butcher Irish accents
    ******Even if it's funny
    *******The unhinged cackle is fine
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

12. - Top - End - #762

*In a Marvel Roleplay, may not ask why various people and organizations are so hung up on recreating the Super Soldier Serum when it's been long established that you can make mutates that are much stronger than Captain America with genetic engineering.
    **I can only use examples that I know about in-character.
    ***Can not use me or other PCs as examples.
    ****May not point out that the planet is lousy with super-powered mutants, mutates, and aliens and that multiple people have stolen DNA from multible individuals without the donors noticing.
    *****Again, may not use myself or other PCs as examples.
    ******May not ask a government official why, if they had access to a version of the Connors formula that doesn't drive you insane, why the army didn't just train a battaleon of super-strong regenerating lizard men instead of creating American Kaiju.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-10-01 at 11:24 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

*In a Marvel Roleplay, may not ask why various people and organizations are so hung up on recreating the Super Soldier Serum when it's been long established that you can make mutates that are much stronger than Captain America with genetic engineering.
    ** Cannot suggest it's because they didn't want to wait approximately two decades to find out if their army had come out correctly or not.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

** Cannot suggest it's because they didn't want to wait approximately two decades to find out if their army had come out correctly or not.
    *** Cannot point out that this a superhero setting and that someone could probably find time technology to speed that up to something like a few hours, just lying around from some mad supervillains science experiment or abandoned lab. Like seriously, wacky inventions in superhero settings like a dime a dozen, how aren't there labs dedicated to examining and replicating this stuff?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #765

***May not counter by pointing to half of Spider-Man's rogue's gallery who were all humans given superpowers partially or fully becuase of genetic engineering.
    ****Like the Scorpion, who was spliced with Radioactive Scorpion genes. Or the Lizard, who injected himself with a mutagenic serum derived from lizard DNA.
    *****May not point out that the Us Military has a perfected version of that serum that doesn't result in super-villains and that they could have just used it to give volunteering soldiers the abillty to change into lizard-men instead of using it to try and make a second Captain America.

There's Also Itsy-Bitsy, who went from a heroin addict to one of the most powerful regenerators and dangerous killers on the planet with just an infusion of DNA from Spider-Man and Deadpool.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, it's not like it's not theoretically possible to perform GM on fully grown living organisms, but yeah I forgot how insane comics are.

And I though science fiction could be stupid, at least their future technology is actually in the future (normally, unless somebody's invented time travel).

Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

******May not ask a government official why, if they had access to a version of the Connors formula that doesn't drive you insane, why the army didn't just train a battaleon of super-strong regenerating lizard men instead of creating American Kaiju.
    *******May not hypothesize that while the aforesaid serum might not make someone literally insane, it might have other deleterious effects that could result in something like the following exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson, CEO of Aperture Science, Inc.
    Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis lizard DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis lizard men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-10-02 at 04:36 PM.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *******May not hypothesize that while the aforesaid serum might not make someone literally insane, it might have other deleterious effects that could result in something like the following exchange:
    ********May not counter that American Kaiju is literally a Gaint Radioactive version of the Lizard, so if they were willing to make that it would probably have been safer, cheaper, and easier to contain the test subject for the Lizard Super Soldiers than it would be to contain what they actually tried if it went bad.
    *********May not then say that, okay, maybe they weren't expecting Todd Ziller to turn into a Kaiju, but then question what the heck else they expected to happen when they used Gamma Radiation, Pym Particles, Mutant Growth Hormones, and The Connor's formula to fill in the gaps in the Super Soldier Serum?

I mean, doyalist, Marvel wanted to have a Godzilla knock off for when the Avengers came into conflict with Shield, but in-universe the idea was stupid... especially in hindsight, and well, it mada sense to make a comment about that.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not up to date with comics, and read pretty sporadically back in the day, so I'm unfamiliar with that storyline and character. I wasn't so much making a serious reply as taking an excuse to quote Cave Johnson.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

20. - Top - End - #770

*We may not interrogate a prisoner by tying them to a chair with our constitutant matter and then sing "It's A Small World" overand over again until they break.
    **We may not argue that this makes us "good cop."
    ***Even if "Bad Cop" wanted us to threaten to eat the prisoner's brains.
    ****We may not state out loud that brains taste nasty in a context and with a tone that implies that we know this from experience

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

*We may not interrogate a prisoner by tying them to a chair with our constitutant matter and then sing "It's A Small World" overand over again until they break.
    **We may not argue that this makes us "good cop."
    ***Even if "Bad Cop" wanted us to threaten to eat the prisoner's brains.
    ****We may not state out loud that brains taste nasty in a context and with a tone that implies that we know this from experience
    To be fair, Scar is a really Bad Dude, and the use of that song is even below his standards...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

*May not attempt to solve every magical puzzle by peeing on them.
    ** May not take a long, hearty drink from my canteen.
    ***May not learn the create and destroy water spell.
    ****The bottom halves of centaurs are not an acceptable food material.

Although I've tried this for many magical puzzles it never seems to work.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2017-10-03 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    ****The bottom halves of centaurs are not an acceptable food material.
    y tho?

i mean, sure, horse meat tastes a bit foul, but compared to say... long pig? i don't know which one i'd try first. a centaur offers both options!

*cannibalism is not a commonly accepted tradition in all the settings i play in.
    ** unless i am a monstrous race, i'm not allowed to consider the bard emergency rations, despite multiple precedents.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

* May not argue with the Thri-Kreen over which party members are emergency rations.

Show

25. - Top - End - #775

* May not argue with the Thri-Kreen over which party members are emergency rations.
    **May not declare the Thri-Kreen emergency rations.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

**May not declare the Thri-Kreen emergency rations.
    *** Even if you have a surplus of drawn butter and garlic.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

* May not play a Thri-Kreen in a party of elves.
    ** Even if I have no designs on actually eating any of the elves.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

28. - Top - End - #778

*"What Would Spider-Man Do?" cannot be my motto in any setting where Spider-Man doesn't exist, either as an individual or as a franchise.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

*May not play a non-humanoid and decide that societal/political rank is determined by solely by hat size and splendour, and proceed to violently attempt to usurp the throne/papacy based on the notion that "I has besterest hat, is boss now".
    **No matter how adorable I find my Tri-Kreen, Warforged or Eldrich horror looks in it's ludicrously oversized and gaudy sunbonnet.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    *May not play a non-humanoid and decide that societal/political rank is determined by solely by hat size and splendour, and proceed to violently attempt to usurp the throne/papacy based on the notion that "I has besterest hat, is boss now".
    **No matter how adorable I find my Tri-Kreen, Warforged or Eldrich horror looks in it's ludicrously oversized and gaudy sunbonnet.
    ***Hy may alzo not play ein Jägermonster, even iff hats iz aktually ein big part ov their social kustomz.
    ****Hy especially may not play a Jägermonster in anytink but der Girl Genius settink.
    *****Even iff der komik does it, hy schould not try to write der Jäger aksent fonetikally.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-10-05 at 06:54 AM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb