Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * May not have a telescopic spear.
    ** There is something wrong if my gnome's inventions work.
    *** Especially because I've written 'burnt off' under hair.
    In 3.5, there's at least one spear that can shift from shortspear to spear to longspear. I think it's in Races of the Dragon. I'd say that counts!
    Awesome custom psywar avatar made by Coronalwave. Thanks dude!

Most of my old signature has been moved to the new extended signature.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Spoiler: The Setup
    Show
    DM: "The alchemist hurls a bomb at you."
    Me: "Does that count as a magic attack?"
    DM: "Um... supernatural ability."
    Me: "I mean, does it get past my DR 5/magic."
    DM: "Oh, yes, definitely."

*later*

DM: "The two rogues flank you and start attacking."
    Me: "Are these magic attacks? I've got DR 5/ma-"
    DM: "Yes they're high level rogues so of course they've got magic weapons."

*later*

DM: "The arcane archer shoots at you with a full-round attack. You take..."
    Me: "Wait. Wait. Before you add all those individual attacks up, I need to know.... these arrows being shot by an arcane archer.... .... are they magic attacks?"
    DM: *facedesk*

*next round*

DM: "The arcane archer shoots you with an arrow imbued with an antimagic spell."
    Me: "Is this a magic attack?"
    DM: "YES! YES! IT'S AN ARCANE ARCHER SHOOTING AN ARROW SO OF COURSE IT'S.... .... waitaminute....."

* No longer allowed to disguise complicated, game-stopping rules questions as running gags.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    In 3.5, there's at least one spear that can shift from shortspear to spear to longspear. I think it's in Races of the Dragon. I'd say that counts!
    He's a gnome who fights with a six foot spear (because in 5e there's no rule against it, I spent time checking). It telescopes down because of the months he spent carrying a proper six foot spear around, easier to carry and can be stored on the belt (he has a belt chock full of machine tools, of course). I'm planning to get away with it on the fact that that there's no longspear versus shortspear in 5e, just a spear that can be used one or two handed and a pike (which I originally wanted, I was going to make it ten feet long, but I'd have disadvantage on attack rolls). Considering that is is already an intentionally suboptimal build (a Barbarian who begins with 14 Strength and 13 Dexterity) I think I can get away with the fact it's technically better than a normal spear.

This build essentially exists because I wanted a religious character, and I thought that taking what seems like a joke (a gnomish barbarian) and turning it into a character that made sense would be a fun exercise. So we have a priest with a short temper, when he was an acolyte used to fly into a rage when the priests of the more popular gods picked on him (because, despite a joke I made to my gf earlier, he was raised in a racially diverse city, he'd be the only one left standing when fighting two humans and a half-orc). He was originally a standard character from a barbarian tribe (and a halfing) before I had the idea of making him an actual ordained priest.
    I prefer science fiction to fantasy, and generally play in the former genre. Due to this, I generally expect the laws of physics to apply to games, and work from that perspective.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Pixie in the Playground

* I am not allowed to have the party face anyone who can mind-control them
    ** Especially not if the person being controlled is holding a boltgun
    ***ESPECIALLY not if that person is standing directly behind another party member

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

*May no longer take apart homebrew systems to maximize the acrobatics skill at level 4
    **Especially as that basically means I hover over everything and can leap tall stories in a single bound
    *** I may not use my hovering monk's KI powers to nova a boss fight
    ****Especially when I drop it to 3 hp before anyone else even enters the room
    *****It doesn't matter that the DM forgot to calculate falling damage

*I may no longer take the fleshraker as an animal companion
    **Even if my druid is insane and thinks its a hedgehog
    ***Bull's Strength and Enlarge Animal are right out
    ****You can't have an animal companion do more damage in one turn than the fighter and the ranger combined
    *****I may no longer play druid ever.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.