New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*I may not join an Evil game witha LE noble bard who actually supports the King
    **If the plot is to overthrow the King I may not give the suggestion that I am on with the team
    ***I may not then proceed to every effectively split the party by taking the wide-eyed drow girl with me to the noble's pavillion for the parade
    ****I may not document my uncle the Duke's betrayal while in a bubble of silence while we discuss in writing our plans to betray the king
    *****I may not then follow it up by hastening the plan and delivering the evidence to the King.
    ******I may not build a bard who has ALL of the mind control spells, fully countering the party, trying to fight an ancient Brass dragon.
    *******I may no longer play bards.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

* May not use my super speed powers just to speed run all the video games I like
    ** May not use my super strength powers just to play sports with boulders
    *** May not use my super smart powers just to solve all puzzles, puzzle games and riddles in the world then make a bunch of new ones fit for my intellect to solve then wipe my own memory of ever making them myself.
    **** May not use my super charisma powers to convince all the people I don't like that they are actually chickens
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Spamalot in the Playground

* If the introduction of the ship's pilot starts with the captain stupidly drunk in his apartment, the battle accountant and comm officer messing with the front door lock, the telekinetic listing which appliances do enough damage to kill a man, and all the milk in the fridge stolen, we have completely gone off the rails.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

* Cannot ask why the ship was even on rails.

* No dismantling the rails and selling them for profit.
    ** Before or after following them.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

An nWod one...

* No longer allowed to use Fate to make anyone looking for my room stumble into the Adamant Arrow's room instead. Especially if I flirted with the Moros while I was tipsy at dinner.
    * No, it is not the Adamant Arrow's fault for "not warding his room."
    * If the strange mexican tequila the Moros drank gives him a tattoo of a death's head moth that radiates fate magic, I should warn him. Not tell the Thyrsus to drink one too so that I have a wider test base.
    * When the coven decides to sneak into the warehouse the tequila is shipped from to find out information about where it came from, I should point out to my fellow mages to cover their freakin' faces. Not simply cover my own and watch the fireworks.
    * When the two Mysterium mages are told to leave by the two Adamant Arrows because of the werewolf howls in the distance, they should leave. They should not try to run over the Gauru with a van, that will only piss it off and total their van.
    * The proper response to a Gauru charging into melee with me is not spraying a can of mace in its face, even if it was very effective.
    * I am no longer to giggle evilly when the Gm realizes that the Evil Eye Hex, penalty from the Mace, Penalty from my Fate Armor, and Penalty from my Defense reduces the werewolf to a chance die. I have been informed by the Adamant arrow that the proper response is a nod and an evil smile. The giggling just made the werewolf feel bad.
    * If my character is predominantly responsible for the mexican police finding five dead naked mexicans (the Gm ruled none of them had done the Rite of Dedication on their clothes), most with gunshot wounds, one with gunshot wounds and mace in said wounds, one mauled by a bear, and one hit with a van and then shot, I am to assume that I will not be allowed into the Guardians of the Veil. The Adamant Arrows were very impressed with my versatility, however.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*While it would be a pretty decent plan, it doesn't really make for engaging gameplay to simply get a white-collar job with the megacorp under an assumed identity, work my way up to general manager of the facility I'm targeting over the course of a couple of years, suddenly steal everything that isn't nailed down one night, and get extensive plastic surgery and cyberware to alter my appearance.
    **My character may not work better as a Johnson than a runner.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-05-08 at 04:50 AM.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

* May not use my super speed powers just to speed run all the video games I like
    ** May not use my super strength powers just to play sports with boulders
    *** May not use my super smart powers just to solve all puzzles, puzzle games and riddles in the world then make a bunch of new ones fit for my intellect to solve then wipe my own memory of ever making them myself.
    **** May not use my super charisma powers to convince all the people I don't like that they are actually chickens
    ***** Lord Raziere is no longer allowed to play Mutants and Masterminds.
    ****** Or any system which has access to Bards.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

*I may no longer use command words to magical items before they have been identified
    **i may not tell the murder spectre to kill the monster in the lake
    ***i may not tell the murder Spector to kill the hag in the windmill
    ****if I don't have a name for the spectre it will disappear
    *****i may not waste powerful magical items with curiosity

*I cannot pass a check to cast a spell of a higher level than I currently am
    **the kid trying to cast the spell is clearly not a wizard
    ***I may not spend the campaign teaching him the basics of magic to acquire a level 1 wizard apprentice
    ****bevause he is obstinate and incompetent
    *****i may not tell him to try the spell while I am holding his spellbool and hiding at a safe distance
    ******he failed, the spell backfired and exploded, there is now a giant hole in the house
    *******fine you teleport outside, walk back in and no one is suspicious of your involvement in the explosion.
    ********I may not tell the rest of the party about my exploits until they get back to the town
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

*May not play an awakened house cat wizard with a house cat familiar
    **May not convince the party to play an awakened house cat druid with a house cat animal companion, an awakened house cat ranger with a house cat animal companion and an awakened house cat cavalier with a house cat mount
    ***We may not call ourselves the "Meowster Hunters"
    ****I may not spend the entire session speaking like a palico
    *****Not allowed to play Monster Hunter before a session.

*The BBEG is not allowed to be the party's animal companion
    **Even if they were awakened
    ***Especially not if they were awakened halfway through the campaign
    ****Cannot wait until the start of the next campaign to make it the BBEG in an attempt to bypass the above rule.

10. - Top - End - #100

* Cannot set out to create an original setting only to end up having written Muv Luv.
    ** Cannot set out to create an original system only to end up making a frankensteined mash of Cthulhutech, Bliss Stage, Highschool Harem Comedy, and a number of mech games.
    *** Cannot set out to write an original plot for a campaign set in the above setting and system only to once again end up with something out of Muv Luv.
    **** Cannot retcon these accidents into it being intentional so I can rewrite it as Muv Luv.
    ***** Cannot rewrite it so it actually is Muv Luv.
    ****** Cannot pitch this.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*The decker does not suffer from delirium tremens just because his favorite forum goes down for a week.

(Glad things are back up and running here!)
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

* May not run a game within a week of exams.
    ** May not reuse the archdevil Impossiblequestion.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-05-15 at 08:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May never trust that the DM is actually getting annoyed with how careful (and time-consuming) we're being about checking for traps, and start being careless just to move things along.
    **I'm expected to be at least a bit upset at losing a character, not burst out laughing and say "Praise Gygax, I've come home!"
    Show

Gnomish proverb

14. - Top - End - #104

DrowGuy

*as much fun as it was, i'm not to instruct my players to describe their characters in 5 sentences anymore as a one-shot backstory...
    ** if it is done via text message, i'm not to be surprised that interpol bursts through my door.

Spoiler
    Show
    (of the three characters, one was a militant neo-nazi with survivalist overtones, one was inspired by a famous pedophile, and the last was an over the hill prostitute with lots of blackmail over the mayor... hilariously improvised with no communications between players. it was a surreal one-shot)

here's the method for those interested:

1: name and age.
    2: appearance
    3: job
    4: capabilities, hobbies, strengths
    5: weaknesses, flaws, dislikes.

instant mad-libs style backstory ready to play. just make sure to use it around people whose sense of humor is not singing the blues or hanging by a noose.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

* Not allowed to try and fight everyone when I am the youngest and practically the physically weakest of the group.
    ** Not allowed to have the serial killing maniac somehow become 85% of my character's impulse control.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

16. - Top - End - #106

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGriffin View Post
    * Not allowed to try and fight everyone when I am the youngest and practically the physically weakest of the group.
    ** Not allowed to have the serial killing maniac somehow become 85% of my character's impulse control.
    welp, there goes the tradition at my game-table of having the youngest character be the rashest and killiest one of the band!

... ok that's not true. for us, the "serial killing maniac" bit is closer to 90%... it's that kind of world.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

* May not use the FTL drive as a weapon.
    ** May no longer use the reaction drive as a weapon.
    *** May no longer insist on including a reaction drive just so I have an emergency weapon.
    **** May no longer use the weapons as a reaction drive.
    ***** May no longer take the fantasy game into space.
    ****** May not propel the Spaceship by playing golf, even if I'm immortal and the ship has nanostatis pods.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

* May not use the FTL drive as a weapon.
    ** May no longer use the reaction drive as a weapon.
    *** May no longer insist on including a reaction drive just so I have an emergency weapon.
    **** May no longer use the weapons as a reaction drive.
    ***** May no longer take the fantasy game into space.
    ****** May not propel the Spaceship by playing golf, even if I'm immortal and the ship has nanostatis pods.
    ******* May not suggest switching to Spelljammer, where the drive systems can't be weaponized so easily1.
    ******** Seriously, don't! He won't take it well!

1: Unless you're using a furnace or artifurnace, in which case, pass the fuel out to the crew and go wild!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

19. - Top - End - #109

DrowGuy

*i'm not allowed access to stills or the knowledge to distill strong booze.
    ** even if it's to create "something medicinal".
    *** especially for that reason!!
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not spend all my starting gold on trade goods, wagons, horses, and hirelings, then immediately retire the character to start a caravan company, just to get a reroll.
    **Seriously, just play a utility wizard. The stats weren't THAT bad for one.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-05-18 at 05:47 PM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

*May not have all Drow speak with Australian accents

**No double wielding boomerangs

***There are no "War didgeridoo's

****What do you mean, "What about bagpipes"?

*****You may not name your Drow Ranger d'Bruce

******Nor may you name your Drow Cleric d'Sheila Priestess of Lolth's Abyssal Blue Panties

********I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK IT WAS
    THE "greatest thread derailment of all time"!

*********** Up'yrs'chubbo IS NOT AN ELVISH NAME MEANING "Summer flower bloom"

************* I CAN SEE YOUR GESTURES!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If a party can ever be described as "Los Alamos but more destructive", they are banned.In addition, no one can ever play those classes or races ever again, and their pages in the rulebook will be torn out. For crying out loud, Gno Gnoddamned Gnomes!!!!!!
    My DM allows UA and some homebrews, but not SCAG or EE.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    ***** Lord Raziere is no longer allowed to play Mutants and Masterminds.
    ****** Or any system which has access to Bards.
    * May not send memes about how the evil galactic overlord is a cow over the internet to said overlord
    ** May not follow it up with a meme about how the galactic overlord has an affair with a cow.
    *** May not make a cowfolk princess send a love letter to said evil galactic overlord in response to his announcement that he is taking over the world

24. - Top - End - #114
    Colossus in the Playground

*In a hypothetical Kingdom Hearts Roleplay, I am not allowed to depict King Micky as though he were Good! Dio Brando.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Plan A is not "blow up the building and take the prototype from the rubble."
    **It's not Plan B either.
    ***Nor is it Plan C.
    ****It doesn't matter how far in the alphabet I go, it will never be one of the plans.

*No plan is to begin with the phrase "After the fuel-air bomb goes off..."

*May not put points into Demolitions or Chemistry.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

26. - Top - End - #116

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    ***Nor is it Plan C.
    ****It doesn't matter how far in the alphabet I go, it will never be one of the plans.

*at no point no matter the universe, i may not have a brother-in-law in construction.
    **sister too.
    *** "allergy to masonry" does not exist. "hatred of evil edifices" has no applicable bonus.
    **** no hard-bypassing the dungeon.
    (seriously, nobody ever let me do it in 10 years)
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    *at no point no matter the universe, i may not have a brother-in-law in construction.
    **sister too.
    *** "allergy to masonry" does not exist. "hatred of evil edifices" has no applicable bonus.
    **** no hard-bypassing the dungeon.
    (seriously, nobody ever let me do it in 10 years)
    *May not play a monster race with a "burrowing" speed.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

* May not invent a "Sexual Pleasuring" Genjutsu to make money without killing people as a ninja
    ** May not use this Jutsu to create Genjutsu Theatre to cast this Genjutsu on an entire theater full of people who willingly paid for this.
    *** May not make more money by doing so than most clans do through killing.
    **** May not make prostitution obsolete with a single Genjutsu
    ***** May not do this all just as a side project to fund my real science projects on Chakra to change the world in far crazier ways.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    ***Nor is it Plan C.

* May not brute force explosions with mass and velocity.

* While it is rules legal, using a tractor beam against Cthulhu is bad form.
    ** The solution to Cthulhu resurrecting it's not to seal him in an airtight box and let him suffocate for eternity.
    *** May no longer attempt to hurl suns at Great Old Ones.
    **** May not disassemble Cthulhu.
    * Must stop referring to humanity as 'the apes that build.
    ** Cannot give humanity a mythos title.
    * If at any point more than half my body is made out of dark matter I am not a legal PC.

I picked up Eldritch Skies today, which seems to have successfully blended Lovecraft with Space Opera (take that CthulhuTech). Although it did spend over two pages justifying why it's in the spirit of Lovecraft's works (bolted down to 'we decided to focus on a different element of his stories').

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

*I may not attempt to throw the dungeon my party are currently exploring at an enemy
    **nor can I throw my fellow party members
    ***possession of a vorpal throwing GREATAXE is right out

barbarian speak bold and never capital letter or second/first person pronoun just like comic man do!

GitP: the only forum where discussions get more brainy over time!