New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    I bet its because he has a pocket watch. As everyone knows, anthropomorphized white rabbits are fine, but the pocket watch shatters suspension of disbelief.
    I'd comment on this, but, unfortunately, I'm running late.

* I may not derail the game session by demanding to know just how massive the combat drones are.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

I bet its because he has a pocket watch. As everyone knows, anthropomorphized white rabbits are fine, but the pocket watch shatters suspension of disbelief.
    uh, actually, it's not the pocket watch he doesn't like. it's the land-hammer locomotive, 39 culverins, 20 canons, and the 299 children grandpa bunny insists on taking everywhere with him. grandpa used to have 40 culverins and 300 children, but there was a bit of an accident.

just goes to show you how deep the rabbit hole goes with this character's sense of humor.

as if i'd go for the low-hanging fruit. noooooo, i have to make it even more absurd.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reltzik View Post
    "Half-Kender, Half-Tinker-Gnome"
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of DMs cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    uh, actually, it's not the pocket watch he doesn't like. it's the land-hammer locomotive, 39 culverins, 20 canons, and the 299 children grandpa bunny insists on taking everywhere with him. grandpa used to have 40 culverins and 300 children, but there was a bit of an accident.

just goes to show you how deep the rabbit hole goes with this character's sense of humor.
    Still not seeing anything out of the ordinary here.

* Cannot change my entire planned character because I have a snazzy new avatar I want to double up as my character portrait.
    ** Charlatan Wizards should not exist. Especially if I have Alter Self. Doubly so if I'm a transmuter.
    *** Just because I can spend ten minutes transmuting objects to more valuable materials doesn't mean I should.
    **** The investigator tracking me down is not my second identity.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2018-05-23 at 02:47 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

*In VtM the medic should not be the most deadly character in the group.
    **Just because you have an impressive drive skill, doesn't mean every car is a weapon.
    ***Using a party member's car as a weapon is just poor form.
    ****Arguing that they didn't know how to drive it anyways will not earn you brownie points with said party member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *In VtM the medic should not be the most deadly character in the group.
    **Just because you have an impressive drive skill, doesn't mean every car is a weapon.
    ***Using a party member's car as a weapon is just poor form.
    ****Arguing that they didn't know how to drive it anyways will not earn you brownie points with said party member.
    ***** Generally Potence is considered the prerequisite, not drive.
    ****** It does not matter if doing it with drive doesn't count as a masquerade breach.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Colossus in the Playground

*Delivering a tray of pot brownies to the night guard while disguised as a "stripogram" while my teammate rigs the PA system to play Puffy Ami Yummie's cover of The Night Begins to Shine on a loop will certainly keep the guards occupied while the rest of the party steals the painting from the museam.
    **It's also needlessly complicated.
    ***And doing it more than once makes us surprisingly easy to track.
    ****Especially when we do it twice at the same museum.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

*The one shot concept "Magical Girls, except everyone is a sorority member" is now strictly banned.
    **Slipping in a bunch of pregen characters with built in character arcs, drama, and general humanity and relatability under a concept that gonzo is also now strictly banned.
    ***This getting a large amount of solid roleplaying out of players that don't normally do that doesn't justify that concept in any way.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Halfling in the Playground

I am now forbidden from: Using a mother****er's corpse to hit another mother****er, thus forcing a wisdom save against the traumatizing experience. Taking the tavern brawler feat. Taking proficiency in thrown horse. Taking proficiency in "Things that are, or were formerly, alive". Using grenades as a monk.
    Spoiler: Image related
    Show
    , Rolling more than two crits in a row. Playing highway to hell at any point in a session. Running over people in a vehicle. Letting the psion drive. And so on
    Spoiler: Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Show
    If you or a loved one suffer from CBD, Cynnirjetyxcks may be right for you. Cynnirjetyxcks is a once per long rest medication proven to lessen, or even completely negate, the symptoms of CBD. With Cynnirjetyxcks, you no longer have to feel the urge to suddenly Sneak Attack your close friends.
    Side effects of Cynnirjetyxcks include (Long ass list)
    Talk to your Cleric about Cynnirjetyxcks, because tomorrow there can be hope. Hope for a world without self-inflicted TPKs.

10. - Top - End - #1210

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shulk View Post
    I am now forbidden from: Using a mother****er's corpse to hit another mother****er,
    yeah, dm's tend to hate that. like seriously, how much impact damage is a full-grown man in kit worth? when my players did that (twice, i may add...) i just told them to roll 4 dice and take the best 2.

*despite my excellent throwing abilities, i cannot kick someone in the nether regions from across the room.
    **yes, even if i spent a turn taking my boot off and aiming carefully.
    *** i am preemptively banned blunderbusses, potato guns, grenade launchers, and any pneumatic mortars that can hold a size 6 or higher boot.
    **** using child-sized footwear costs me karma/corruption/alignment points.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

* using Telekinetic Projectile on a boot is right out.
    * I should inform new players that the phrase Anima: Beyond Fantasy "is like Pathfinder if you beat Pathfinder with the anime stick" means that the monsters are also Anime.
    * No longer allowed to use the werewolf spirit that possesses "maidens" when half the party is female.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    *The one shot concept "Magical Girls, except everyone is a sorority member" is now strictly banned.
    **Slipping in a bunch of pregen characters with built in character arcs, drama, and general humanity and relatability under a concept that gonzo is also now strictly banned.
    ***This getting a large amount of solid roleplaying out of players that don't normally do that doesn't justify that concept in any way.
    **** Cannot be confused at the lack of Les Yay.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1213

**** Cannot be confused at the lack of Les Yay.
    Cannot be upset by the lack of les miserables
    Show
    If you or a loved one suffer from CBD, Cynnirjetyxcks may be right for you. Cynnirjetyxcks is a once per long rest medication proven to lessen, or even completely negate, the symptoms of CBD. With Cynnirjetyxcks, you no longer have to feel the urge to suddenly Sneak Attack your close friends.
    Talk to your Cleric about Cynnirjetyxcks, because tomorrow there can be hope. Hope for a world without self-inflicted TPKs.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

*If I insist on giving my character an accent, it will be one that I can actually do.

*Unmodified dwarven ale cannot be used to make Molotov cocktails.
    **Nor does it result in flammable belches.
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow
    -Mark Twain

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Cannot be upset by the lack of les miserables
    * There is never an excuse to quote Les Miserables in-session.
    ** Even if the GM's railroading has become dictatorial.
    *** 'Do you hear the players sing, singing the song of angry men...'

Show

16. - Top - End - #1216

* There is never an excuse to quote Les Miserables in-session.
    ** Even if the GM's railroading has become dictatorial.
    *** 'Do you hear the players sing, singing the song of angry men...'
    ...It is the music of a PC tired of exposition!
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

17. - Top - End - #1217

...It is the music of a PC tired of exposition!
    When the casting of the dice
    brings forth the smashing of the rails
    A new game's about to start when the DM bails!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    ****I am limited to one musical interlude per session.
    Last edited by TheTeaMustFlow; 2018-05-30 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

18. - Top - End - #1218

Not allowed to steal invincibility granting plot artifact from the god of trickery mid monologue.
    *Even If Said god of trickery is the enemy
    **Even If I could probably make the sleight of hand check
    ***Even If he's an overconfident nob and needs to be taken down a few levels
    ****Even If he's trying to release a god which is the escence of order which wants to eliminate all sentient life, and all things chaotic
    *****Even if he thinks He, a god of trickery, would be treated favourably by that god even though by nature he's a chaotic god, and would likely be a first target
    ******Even if he's too dumb to live
    *******Even If the plot artifact is shiny as ****
    ********Even if it would save us a lot of problems
    *********Even if your faction is opposing to the god OUTSIDE of him being a foe of the party
    ********** ESPECIALLY if one of your party members wants to impose disadvantage on you
    *********** EVEN IF YOU ROLLED A NAT 20 ON AN INSIGHT CHECK ON HIM BEFORE HAND
    ************ Just... Don't yoink shiny plot item
    ************* Please.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

* Cannot throw my mage's staff like a javelin.
    ** Even if magically retrieving it has a better mana to damage ratio than casting a combat spell.
    *** I do know a combat spell, don't I?
    **** No longer allowed to spend skill points on thrown weapons while playing a mage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a fun thing I noticed in The Dark Eye. Of course there are advantages to using attack spells, most notably that you do damage more quickly, but it's still a nice little ability.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1220

*I may not disintegrate one of the main antagonist on our second encounter.
    ** Not even if it means we stop all of their evil plans
    *** Sending him to another plane is just inconvenient and rude.
    **** Him killing you girlfriend just comes with the territory if he makes his fortitude save.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

* I cannot play a cliche mage.
    ** Or an avatar of the Firebrand.
    *** Avatar of the Fool is right out. That one will get the group TPKed.
    **** I'm going to get my Unknown Armies privileges revoked at this rate.
    ***** What do I mean by 'Pornomancer of the Mystic Hermaphrodite?

Show

22. - Top - End - #1222

*I can be a cleric of a god of cheese, but it does not imply or necessitate the existence of a cheese domain power or spell list.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    *I can be a cleric of a god of cheese, but it does not imply or necessitate the existence of a cheese domain power or spell list.
    **Channel Divinity: Curdle Blood is not an ability granted by the Domain of Cheese
    ***You do not have access to the spell Power Word Grate
    ****You may only summon the Nachos of Death if you let the DM taste them first, and then make enough for everybody
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Spamalot in the Playground

*You do not have access to the spell Power Word Grate
    Summon Grater Munster?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #1225

WhiteWizardGirl

(All from Cypher System)
    *Cannot make a computer from scrap metal, sticks, and rocks.
    **I don't care what the craft rules say.
    ***No more characters with training in Craft skills.

*Cannot reduce all Positive Social Interaction checks by 5 levels with a starting character.
    **Cannot convince the massive army of genetically enhanced humans riding dinosaurs to turn around and leave.
    ***Not even with a natural 20.

*Even if the the Gm said yes when I asked if the Medkit had trinitroxypropane in it, I can not have Nitroglycerin.

*If all the PC's belong to the same organization, no spending XP for a promotion within the organisation for the purpose of bossing the other PC's around.
    **No buying status with XP.
    ***Not with in-game money either.
    ****Definitely not with real money!

(D&D)
    *No giving a summoned creature a fully charged Staff of Power, and commanding it to break it while within 10 ft of the BBEG. (200 dmg, no save.)
    Last edited by Evoker; 2018-06-03 at 08:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1226

*the commoner railgun does not work.
    **firing commoners out of a railgun also does not work.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

27. - Top - End - #1227

***The Uncommoner Railgun is not a more powerful version of the magic item Commoner Railgun

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

* There is no demiplane of looping bottomless pits.
    ** I may not create it.
    *** I certainly can't use it to got the BBEG with a relativistic anvil.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1229

***The Uncommoner Railgun is not a more powerful version of the magic item Commoner Railgun
    * There is no demiplane of looping bottomless pits.
    ** I may not create it.
    *** I certainly can't use it to got the BBEG with a relativistic anvil.
    On the topic of abusing free actions and magic to break relativity:

*I may not get a three hundred foot long chain of skeletons to hold hands, with me at the end of the line, and then have them all jump in place while I pivot slowly in a full circle over the course of six seconds, thereby destroying everything in a three hundred foot radius circle, and hitting someone three hundred feet away at a speed of ~214.1994 miles per hour
    **there are not lines of skeletal hands criss-crossing all of the civilized space in the Prime Material Plane
    ***these nonexistent hands do not use the "passing an object" free action to deliver packages and mail over long distances in under six seconds
    ****this nonexistent system is not called the Bony Express

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not allowed to steal invincibility granting plot artifact from the god of trickery mid monologue.
    *Even If Said god of trickery is the enemy
    **Even If I could probably make the sleight of hand check
    ***Even If he's an overconfident nob and needs to be taken down a few levels
    ****Even If he's trying to release a god which is the escence of order which wants to eliminate all sentient life, and all things chaotic
    *****Even if he thinks He, a god of trickery, would be treated favourably by that god even though by nature he's a chaotic god, and would likely be a first target
    ******Even if he's too dumb to live
    *******Even If the plot artifact is shiny as ****
    ********Even if it would save us a lot of problems
    *********Even if your faction is opposing to the god OUTSIDE of him being a foe of the party
    ********** ESPECIALLY if one of your party members wants to impose disadvantage on you
    *********** EVEN IF YOU ROLLED A NAT 20 ON AN INSIGHT CHECK ON HIM BEFORE HAND
    ************ Just... Don't yoink shiny plot item
    ************* Please.
    I don't know, plot-destroying or not, out-tricking a trickster God and stealing their macguffin as punishment for their overconfidence is so very Mythological that it probably gets a +5 circumstance bonus.

*May not give players bonuses to derailing my plot, no matter how cool the idea is.
    Last edited by Adrastos42; 2018-06-07 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Detailing-> derailing